Ferrari 330 P4 Tuning

• Thread starter jenoma
  • 40 comments
i count on it, in the meantime i'll try to work on dampers and height; i'm still riding with hard tyres, do you think is a mission impossible?

In my opinion yes, it's almost impossible - mostly because I am like Piedone Giovanardi (Big Foot Giovanardi) and I bet you know who he is - and I usually spin out from any sort of corner. The last tune has been done just to prevent that behaviour, especially on Nurburgring.

But if you're really careful and a good driver, I think you should be able to drive that car even with hard tyres.

I bought this car and it really handles...badly. It refuses to turn sometimes and then I force it and it violently oversteers.

Cote d'Azure is a nightmare in this car. I was trying to redo the historic race but it's really kicking my ....

But it looks nice and has cool cockpit view :(

I hope I can figure this car out eventually.

After endless grinding I finally saved up £20.000,000. WOW to buy this car, thank you for the setup.
The car is a total pig as standard, I tried your 1st setup and its great 👍

Will try out the 2nd version on the ring later, I just love blasting round there..

In my opinion yes, it's almost impossible - mostly because I am like Piedone Giovanardi (Big Foot Giovanardi) and I bet you know who he is - and I usually spin out from any sort of corner. The last tune has been done just to prevent that behaviour, especially on Nurburgring.

But if you're really careful and a good driver, I think you should be able to drive that car even with hard tyres.

Hey my friend go and get some sports soft tires and stick them on this baby,Then set your transmission max spd at 205 MPH then set final ratio gear to 3.800
1st-2.603
2nd-1.707
3rd-1.267
4th-1.029
5th-0.866
I used your second setup and brakes at 4/2, I then fitted stage2 turbo and she comes in at 565Hp/792Kg/648pp (not yet run in) but its good that you can keep it within the 650pp bracket
Now im not sure if this is a good time but it matched my Denso Dunlop sard sc430 at Cape ring periphery running 1.34.465 on sport soft and 1.29.597 on racing soft and i know theres a little more in it to go as i made a couple of mistakes on both of these runs but it was getting late and the tiredness was creeping in.
Thanks very much for going to the effort to tune this car and try my gears you may find they help 👍

Rick ds3 user

good tune this very well in proportion and suits the car im using v2 with the below posted gear ratios with only the gearing upto 217mph for the straight at the ring.

i got a 6.32.835 on my 1st attempt after driving the car and getting a feel for it

then on my second attempt i got a 6.30.557 :) which is pritty damn quick for a old racing car

hopefully going to get another 1 sec off that as im going to have a experiment with the gearing in 4th as its too long so hoping for a 6.29.XXX < mids i would say :) top quality tune

i think if someone got the gearing setup better for this track the lap times would be reduced even further as 2nd gear has far to much power and torque and just lights up the tyres to easy so i use 3rd 4th and 5th thanks 👍

:tup:hey Jenoma,the second tune for the ferrari is unreal.I just had a ball around Spa online and im racing it in a series so thanks heaps.👍

Fantastic tune. I used the one posted in the original post, but added one to each of the damper settings before I took it on the track. I tried this out on the Deep Forest Historic Race and was surprised at how easy it was to control in a slide. My only dislike was that the rear of the car is a little touchy on deceleration and I couldn't trail the brakes as far into the corner as I'd usually like, so I added 10 to the braking sensitivity to smooth it out a bit.

I don't know if it's all the wild camber changes at Deep Forest that was giving me fits, but with braking sensitivity set to 29 the car was about perfect. That +10 made a massive difference for me.

Way fun car. More fun than most of the 600+ PP race cars I've driven. Nimble, easy to rotate, and easy to control with the tail out.

Hey,I just tried your tune on the 650pp Nurburgring race in seasonals and slammed the BMW F1 with a 6:17.574. I tried this race with my own tune and a few others suggested to me and while they could still nip the Beemer non could instill as much confidence in the car as your tune did for me. 20 seconds in and I knew I had a winner in your tune!...Thanks and congratulations on a great tune

Back