Ferrari 458 Challenge - 40 minutes of Suzuka (Wednesday 3rd December)Finished 

• Thread starter paoloevans
  • 68 comments
United Kingdom
Fareham, UK
paoloevans
This is a 40minute endurance race around the 2014 layout of Suzuka Circuit for stock Ferrari 458's. Let's race them straight out of Marenello!

It is the first 'Ferrari 458 Challenge' club event to be scheduled. Please take a look at my club on the new community feature in GT6. All drivers welcome!

Car can be painted any colour you want but please use stock wheels.

Format (UK Time)
Wednesday 3rd December.
7:30pm - Room opens.
7:52pm - 8minute Qualifying.
8:00pm - 40minute Endurance Race.

Qualifying Settings
Pit Lane Start
Race Together

Race Settings
Weather - Dry (fixed)
Boost - Off
Penalty - Weak
Tyre/Fuel depletion - Normal
Grip reduction - Real
Minimum pit stops required - 1
Visible damage - Off
Mechanical Damage - Off
Slipstream Strength - Real

Car Restrictions/Regulations
Stock Ferrari 458 Italia only
Tuning Prohibited
Tyre - SS only

Driving Aids
Skid recovery - Prohibited
Active steering - Prohibited
ASM - Prohibited
Traction Control - Available
ABS - Available
Driving Line - Available

All drivers welcome!
Hopefully it will be a fun race. Please keep the racing clean and fair and please don't "quit" the race once it has started. If you want to retire please pull off the circuit somewhere safe!

To sign up please leave your:

PSN:
Car Colour:
Number: (Please use Base type A and Typeface type B)

ENTRY LIST
1. paoloevans/Grigio Silverstone/86
2. alpalof88/Rosso Corsa/7
3. Cancelled Entry
4. Sunshineonleith/Bianco Gara/20
5. theGaz6076/Rosso Scuderia/88
6. SmileyWRX/Beryll/13
7. BlownTyre/Nero/29
8. JoeDiMlaggio/Saffron Yellow/99
9. johndoekillsyou/Giallo Modena/78

GOOD LUCK AND HOPE TO SEE YOU ON THE TRACK NEXT WEDNESDAY!

Last edited:
image.jpg

Poalo, I quite fancy this, but I can't drive 'on the edge' and find that I have to use a smooth style. It's not as quick as the fast guys, but I find that my tyres and fuel usually last better than theirs. Races where I might be able to last the distance without a pit stop tend to punish this when a pit stop is enforced because it gives me no chance of capitalising on the one advantage I have.

Is the enforced pit stop non-negotiable? (and, from any testing you've done, how realistic is it that SS might last the distance anyway? I haven't tested, but think that they might.)

Cheers, Zo.

Poalo, I quite fancy this, but I can't drive 'on the edge' and find that I have to use a smooth style. It's not as quick as the fast guys, but I find that my tyres and fuel usually last better than theirs. Races where I might be able to last the distance without a pit stop tend to punish this when a pit stop is enforced because it gives me no chance of capitalising on the one advantage I have.

Is the enforced pit stop non-negotiable? (and, from any testing you've done, how realistic is it that SS might last the distance anyway? I haven't tested, but think that they might.)

Cheers, Zo.

Hi,

After testing I think the mandatory pit stop will prob be needed. After a handful of laps the car was getting quite tail happy! So yeh, I'll be keeping it :)

You are very welcome to sign up and race with us. Honestly I am not as quick as many of these guys on GTPlanet but it's the good clean racing which you'll find makes it enjoyable. Let me know if you wanna be added to entry list mate :)

Last edited:
I really like the idea of this. Can you put me down please? My PSN is BlownTyre and I would like the car number 29. I will decide my car colour tomorrow!

I think it was a 2.06.7xx I managed the other night. Haven't been able to break the 2.07 mark since
Sounds about right, I’m always about 2 seconds off the pace… I’m running around 2:10 with traction control set to “3”. Unfortunately I won’t be able to run this because of the time difference and work. Maybe next time … have fun!

Back