Ferrari 812 Superfast

• Thread starter Castrol96
  • 117 comments
Yellow (Giallo) certainly isn't it's colour :yuck:

I'm glad the car in the official photos, and the grey one above, have moved away from the black wheel fad. đź‘Ť

Seriously, yellow looks best and works well with the red lights and black areas.

I see the 365GTB/4 all over it. And the name comes from the 500 Superfast (for some reason). 812 Daytona would sound good and be more fitting imo...

The F12 was my dream grand touring car to cruise around Europe. This is even better. I'll have mine In black, and black interior.

:gtpflag:

It's what a Corvette rear should have looked like. :sly:

Seriously, the whole car looks like a Stingray.

I don't see it. I see Asterion more so and Estoque traits. Like I said Lambo has more flair and I think it's taken some notice.

That was quick it seems. The F12 is what like 5 years old? If that even? Ferrari are chucking out cars way too often it seems to me. Makes it kinda tougher to appreciate their styling I think if they keep refreshing it every few years or so.

That was quick it seems. The F12 is what like 5 years old? If that even? Ferrari are chucking out cars way too often it seems to me. Makes it kinda tougher to appreciate their styling I think if they keep refreshing it every few years or so.

There's certainly an air of calculation to it, isn't there?

The V8 and front-engine V12 lines have been going more or less like clockwork this century, typically going five or six years (a special edition will appear within the final two). Outside of the 599, they tend to follow an evolution/revolution approach too: the 550/575, the 360/430, the F12/812, 458/488.

It's all so suspiciously... un-Italian! :P

There's certainly an air of calculation to it, isn't there?

The V8 and front-engine V12 lines have been going more or less like clockwork this century, typically going five or six years (a special edition will appear within the final two). Outside of the 599, they tend to follow an evolution/revolution approach too: the 550/575, the 360/430, the F12/812, 458/488.

It's all so suspiciously... un-Italian! :P

From Berlinetta to Superfast. :D

Should've been Daytona. đź‘Ť

I tend to agree. In fact every Ferrari I've seen for the first time since, and including, the 458 has struck me right away as being rather unpleasant to the eye. But the more I look at them, the more I like them, so of course at this point I think the 458 looks fantastic. I'll leave the styling to Ferrari and the drop-jawed staring to me =)

One weird thing about Ferraris, is that they never look as good in renders as they do in the flesh. Maybe the lighting used in the renders, makes the cars look strange.

I will wait until this car shows up under natural light and other colors, to judge its looks.
With 800hp, I wonder where we will get in 10 years... 1000hp production cars? How times have changed.

First reviews are in... :

Not as beautifull as the f12...but what a car!! win the lottery? yes please!!

:D

Spy.

I still think I'd rather have an F12 in yellow. There's something about it that makes me think it is the most characteristic Ferrari in years...or maybe I'm just a fanboy...

I have never been a Ferrari fan but this 812 Superfast Ferrari is absolutely gorgeous. I could be wrong but it seems to be a little bit retro and that's what I like about it.

Some of the Ferrari oldtimers are very beautiful cars.

My old time favourite is the F40. :drool:

Three days ago, I had an encounter with a 812 on the highway. We were next to each other for a couple of minutes. I still kick myself for not taking some photos.

It was white and with a Portuguese license plate.

What a sight.

Are Portuguese license plates so beautiful?

Sorry, I had to, couldn't resist. :P
You know, they actually used to be, with their nice, embossed white numbers/letters over a black plate:
RtvZBMUl.jpg

HA7R8XDl.jpg

eCNA3SCl.jpg

dSv0ZEgl.jpg

oq280E2l.jpg

But not anymore, no - just the regular European-standard crap:
cLkbNkQl.jpg

;)

Do you guys know about Mr. JWW? He owned an F12 for 16,000 miles and has a great review on the 812.
His cinematography and commentary is awesome.

Cool channel if you are a shmee liker..

What's wrong with the rear, I actually feel F355 nostalgia from the 812 rear. Along with the other look it gives that I said in an earlier post. Not the greatest looking supercar but not all that bad either.

Finally a review by Shmeeeeeeeeeee!
Odd that your username is "Castrol96", when in the above quote it should clearly be "No-one, ever".

Also, it's a "GT car" with a 19mpg combined fuel economy and a 20 gallon tank. 380 miles is not a grand tour. It's not even a medium tour. I used to drive nearly that far after work on Friday and still get home on Friday.

I'm with @SlipZtrEm on this one, that rear end really doesn't do it any favours :yuck:. To be honest, the car in itself really isn't that pretty, and just a reflection of how ugly, and unspectacular modern day Ferrari's are in my opinion.

In fact, as I mentioned in the Unpopular Opinions thread, most, if not all of the Ferrari's from this century have been rather lackluster in appearances if I'm honest. The last Ferrari to be somewhat aesthetically pleasing was the 575/550 Maranello. And you have to go back to the last century, before there was a genuinely really pretty Ferrari, with that being the F355. Which is coincidentally, the last Ferrari I really approved of. but that's just my opinion on things

Finally a review by Shmeeeeeeeeeee!

I refuse to watch a review by a man who's balls haven't dropped yet ( or even an adult that calls himself shmee). I find him hard to listen to, I feel like I have my own balls in my mouth when listening to him, weird I know.

Head on it looks great, the sides doors look bad though.

Back