Ferrari 812 Superfast

• Thread starter Castrol96
  • 117 comments
I refuse to watch a review by a man who's balls haven't dropped yet ( or even an adult that calls himself shmee). I find him hard to listen to, I feel like I have my own balls in my mouth when listening to him, weird I know.

Head on it looks great, the sides doors look bad though.
He's not a reviewer at all. He's admitted he won't speak bad about press cars because he wants to be invited back to these sort of events. He just regurgitates what others say anyway.

That showcases the difference between him & a real journalist like Harry Metcalfe or Matt Prior who not only talk about the car, but reveal its technical updates and how they compare to older cars like the tdf. They're not afraid to showcase their criticisms because they know how to voice their reviews fairly.

That's been my pet peeve with several of these YouTubers; they all started out doing something else, yet their fame & subscriber count gets them invited out to suddenly "review" new cars. I can tell you with the Ferrari community at least, it doesn't sit well with them having these young guys attempt to speak for the brand. They prefer hands on, more professional talking points.

He's not a reviewer at all. He's admitted he won't speak bad about press cars because he wants to be invited back to these sort of events. He just regurgitates what others say anyway.

That showcases the difference between him & a real journalist like Harry Metcalfe or Matt Prior who not only talk about the car, but reveal its technical updates and how they compare to older cars like the tdf. They're not afraid to showcase their criticisms because they know how to voice their reviews fairly.

That's been my pet peeve with several of these YouTubers; they all started out doing something else, yet their fame & subscriber count gets them invited out to suddenly "review" new cars. I can tell you with the Ferrari community at least, it doesn't sit well with them having these young guys attempt to speak for the brand. They prefer hands on, more professional talking points.
Yes it kinda Baffled me when i started seeing these guys invited to these places. It's amazing when you think about what YouTube can do for people.

Yes it kinda Baffled me when i started seeing these guys invited to these places. It's amazing when you think about what YouTube can do for people.
I've seen 1 already make a statement about how he may not be able to afford his Gallardo much longer due to the Ad-pocalypse going on. Wonder how many others are truly affected or still living off their external sources that afford them the cars in the first place.

I've seen 1 already make a statement about how he may not be able to afford his Gallardo much longer due to the Ad-pocalypse going on. Wonder how many others are truly affected or still living off their external sources that afford them the cars in the first place.
If it means i will never have to see another "shall i buy X supercar" and " I bought a 488, now I'm gonna buy another 3 Ferrari's" video pop up in my feed I'm good with google messing their Ad income up ( I make a little money from YouTube myself too ). I find those titles pretty awful.

Ferrari Monza SP1 & SP2 based on the 812
3b03120d-ferrari-monza-leak-2.jpg

c5821291-ferrari-monza-leak-3.jpg

0e6987f1-ferrari-monza-leak-1.jpg

bdd351c1-ferrari-monza-leak-4.jpg

6a47a694-ferrari-monza-leak-5.jpg

1a81222b-ferrari-monza-leak-6.jpg

Last edited:
I never thought I would say this but I'm getting more and more interested in Ferrari. God forbid I become a Ferrari Fan.

Official photos of the 812 GTS

ferrari-812-gts_100714948_h.jpg

ferrari-812-gts_100714950_h.jpg

It's basically a MX5 RF, especially with that black gloss bit behind the door :lol:

Oh mamma mia, that is veeery nice.

It's basically a MX5 RF, especially with that black gloss bit behind the door :lol:

I guess there are only so many solutions to a roadster-topped convertible, I don't think the overall similarities are that striking.

I refuse to watch a review by a man who's balls haven't dropped yet ... I feel like I have my own balls in my mouth when listening to him....

I think a pyschiatrist would have a lot to say to you. How long have you been obsessed mit ze balls?

I wonder what Ferrari and other loud sportscars, are going to do with this.
They’re the biggest fighter against it. The F8’s exhaust noise suffers a bit from it but Ferrari are working to make the 812 GTS push the regulations as much as possible; they don’t want their V12s to suffer.

A road car with 891bhp. Why? I don't get it. Seriously why? :ouch:

As Chris Harris said in a youtube clip from Top Gear about Porsche and which Porsche 911 is his favorite, more than 500bhp is absolutely not necessary for a road car.

That being said, this Ferrari does look the part. :eek:

A road car with 891bhp. Why? I don't get it. Seriously why? :ouch:

For the customers. Depends how/where you use the roads and, of course, how much money you have. Ferrari will sell lots of these to people who drive them once (if ever) and park them in large collections. Or dusty warehouses. These aren't sold to people who are in the "general" Ferrari market because they don't have the money.

Last edited:
Because it is overkill, ridiculous and illegal (impossible to use within speed limits) to use all that power. It is pure ego, downright macho behavior and a show off of one's wealth.

If someone buys this car to do serious racing (I. e. track days, and stuff), in that case, it is logical to get this car and enjoy all the power.

Because it is overkill, ridiculous and illegal (impossible to use within speed limits) to use all that power. It is pure ego, downright macho behavior and a show off of one's wealth.

If someone buys this car to do serious racing (I. e. track days, and stuff), in that case, it is logical to get this car and enjoy all the power.
I was joking, and I do also agree that the whole obsession with horsepower is getting a bit ridiculous, with people now thinking that everything needs 1000 horsepower or its just slow.

Especially with something rear-wheel drive like the 812 Superfast, theres no feasible way that it can really make the most of that 800+ horsepower, especially if conditions aren't utterly perfect.

I am still impressed that they were able to get that much power from a NA road-going engine, and it may be one of the last of its kind.

It's worth remembering that tyre technology - and by extension, suspension and chassis technology, has advanced along with powertrain technology. What your rears could handle 30 years ago is quite a vast difference to what the top shelf sports tyre can achieve these days.

It's worth remembering that tyre technology - and by extension, suspension and chassis technology, has advanced along with powertrain technology. What your rears could handle 30 years ago is quite a vast difference to what the top shelf sports tyre can achieve these days.
This quite a lot along with the advancement of tires as you said.

Ferrari's little Manettino dial is the difference between making the car looks like it has too much power to making you look like a pro racing driver. I've read stories from FXX/K drivers who have shared that if one flips the dial & has all driver aids on, you can pilot that car with no issue, it's that advanced. I would bet my house Ferrari has incorporated that same technology into this 812 where one will have no problem driving this aggressively as long as they're aware of their surroundings.

Last edited:

Latest Posts

Back