Ferrari Enzo Tune or not?

• Thread starter IndyRacer
  • 61 comments

IndyRacer

Premium
IndyRacer55
Do you have a Ferrari Enzo? Do you think it drives good right out of the box? I finally bought one and after all the posts I have read about bad handling I thought I was in for a crazy ride. I took it out and was pleasantly surprised. The car is really stable for me. Anyone else feel the same?

I agree it does not stick too well in the corners but it does not have a lot of down force. I think with a mild tune the car would be awesome. 👍

I have a DFGT wheel and the car is modified with sports intake and exhaust, race filter, race exhaust and the ECU chip. Also has the upgraded transmission, suspension and sports flywheel with clutch. I ran it on Racing Soft and Hard.

Well ive done a few tests with ferraris on the rome curcuit, did 5 laps each car and logged the fastest lap for each car

Enzo 105:80

Scudera 107:71

Italia 104:62

SP1 106:32

F40 106:35

They are all tuned with everything and racing soft tyres. the enzo felt like it needed more grip/downforce tyres sqealed a lot.
Scudera felt very well balanced and tidy was dissapointed in the time.
Italia felt great handled well.
SP1 wasnt surprised as this was my first ferrari and i do like it.
F40 felt similar to the enzo loose on the back end and lots of noise from the tyres.

All tests done wine with standard setups so if any one wants to post any tuning tips.

Well ive done a few tests with ferraris on the rome curcuit, did 5 laps each car and logged the fastest lap for each car

Enzo 105:80

Scudera 107:71

Italia 104:62

SP1 106:32

F40 106:35

I am surprised the Scuderia didn't do better. I ran them both on Rome too and they got about the same times. They are all pretty close. If you gave the Enzo some more downforce I think it would be a killer car. Even so I love the way it sounds!👍

My Enzo is tuned and modded to the max I think hands down top 5 production cars in the game. My time at Rome course lap time was 1.03.67 sec great car just need to know how to drive it. A car handled by a pro is a beast and kills most.

Necro, but I'm bored.

The Enzo is an understeering hog. Lately in online rooms, I've been trying to find mini endurance races. Somewhere between 15-30 laps on some of the more popular tracks, where tire wear, pit stops and fuel strategy can add a new variable to the racing. Unfortunately, I've found these rooms to be few and far between.
Yesterday I stumbled upon a 'Ferrari Only' PP room running 15 laps.
I only had 2 Ferraris, the Enzo and a stock 430. The 430 wasn't even close to PP limit, and I saw the room filled with Italia 458's and a couple 430's. I assumed I was at a disadvantage, but qualifying showed that I would at least be able to keep up, and if I stay mistake free, had potential to pull off a win.
As soon as I entered the track with my Enzo, I heard a voice in another language (There's never US people doing these types of races) something something something, Enzo, something something something, followed by a chuckle. So I assumed they knew how much better the other Ferrari's handled in comparison.
At the time my Enzo had the RKM tune on it, and I kept it clean for the whole race, following in 2nd behind an Italia for nearly the entire 15 lap event. I made a point of saving tires, using the draft and it paid off. On lap 13 I started applying pressure to the leader. With his tires clearly lacking the grip I had saved, he started slipping and sliding here and there, just a touch. On lap 14 he got out of shape and I pounced on the opportunity to take the lead. From there on out I pushed it as hard as I could to give myself some space, and take advantage of all the tread I had saved. It ended up working out perfectly and I actually ended up winning all 3 of the races I entered with the Enzo, across 3 different tracks. In the middle somewhere I swapped to Praiano's tune to give it a try. It felt good, was a bit slide-y on the back end at Monza and wore down the rear tires quicker than I would have liked. Luckily with the DFGT I was able to adjust my brake balance mid race, giving the front more bias, to help save the rears. Unfortunately due to the different tracks, I couldn't give a fair comparison of the tunes, but the Enzo is very capable if driven correctly with a tune that doesn't kill corner speeds.

Tl;dr Stock it's garbage, find a tune, practice with the car, and you can catch a few people off guard!

My Enzo tune I did myself it is a beast I run drag races short and long with the same tune I never change it. It kills nearly all others. Fair races like running all ferrari or all Enzo no one can touch me. Started with all other tunes out there none could touch my tune. Took some time to fine tune but killer now. I run rooms on Monday and Tuesday morning if anyone would like to race. Room name my room my rules. Join up bring your tunes let's race. I have found that some tuners take it personal what I said didn't ever say I was the fastest there is one garage I have found that their cars are wicked fast and they aren't shy to tell you this as they leave you behind. I can always respect that there are better tuners. All I was saying is that most I mean most the people I race I win most of the time. GME has set me straight to this. But I never said i was the fastest. Just to set the record straight to who all read this thread.

Last edited:
something something something, Enzo, something something something, followed by a chuckle.

Probably: "Only baby drives Enzo. Cry to mother, haha!" :P

The Enzo is fast in a straight line and it does actually have some potential as a race car, but it has a couple of fatal downsides which ruin the entire car. These being a lack of front downforce and brakes made of paper. I dont understand how PD could give the Scuderia downforce but not the flagship Enzo. I also dont understand how a car that's actually very light, handles and brakes like a 2000kg SUV with bald tyres. Infact I think the SUV brakes better even then.

My Enzo tune I did myself it is a beast I run drag races short and long with the same tune I never change it. It kills nearly all others. Fair races like running all ferrari or all Enzo no one can touch me. Started with all other tunes out there none could touch my tune. Took some time to fine tune but killer now. I run rooms on Monday and Tuesday morning if anyone would like to race. Room name my room my rules. Join up bring your tunes let's race.

I've never seen you in the rooms where all the big boys are racing eachother. When you've beaten the crews like Dragaholics, Team Wolfpack, Demize Tuning, or beaten GME's enzo (which is undefeated) then I'll say for sure you're untouchable. Come race with the sharks and stop wasting your time on goldfish.

I am starting to like the Enzo. I now have 2. One is completely stock and the other is mildly tuned.

I like both cars on Sports Soft tires and have won the Seasonal Supercar series with the stock Enzo. It only has 590 PP and the same tires as the field, and starts last.

I think this is a car that you need to learn and use to get the most from it.

PS. If you drive any car too hard into a corner, it will understeer.

I am starting to like the Enzo. I now have 2. One is completely stock and the other is mildly tuned.

I like both cars on Sports Soft tires and have won the Seasonal Supercar series with the stock Enzo. It only has 590 PP and the same tires as the field, and starts last.

I think this is a car that you need to learn and use to get the most from it.

Hi ,i'm working again ,on my enzo tune, and i think i've found a good setting for it, i'll post it in a few moment . It handle pretty good , and i don't have to say after"pretty good " , "for an Enzo".
Give a test later ,i think everybody will like it.
See you.

Yep but "too hard" for a default setting fully tuned Enzo is not very hard at all. I swear the first time I drove it I had to go slower with it on R3s to clear any given corner than most of my cars on S3s.

I've never seen you in the rooms where all the big boys are racing eachother. When you've beaten the crews like Dragaholics, Team Wolfpack, Demize Tuning, or beaten GME's enzo (which is undefeated) then I'll say for sure you're untouchable. Come race with the sharks and stop wasting your time on goldfish.

Every Monday and Tuesday morning I have my room open. Name of it is( my room my rules ) tell all your sharks to come get some I run ss7 we can race and drag. I race clean and for fun. Tell GME to bring his Enzo I love a challenge. Join up or tell me when and where I will be there.

I'm already in SSR7 right now dude. Room name is "ELITE HP RACIN NO R/C OR BS" which I took over from one of the boys just before.

And you do realise GME stands for Grease Monkey Engineering which is my garage.

Two of us (cool-dude & myself) are waiting for you right now. :cool:

Probably: "Only baby drives Enzo. Cry to mother, haha!" :P

I know you're semi-joking, but it actually makes me curious if there's any truth behind it. I very rarely race street cars, is the Enzo considered to be one of "those" cars, that people frown upon, because they're like auto-win? I just assumed due to it's natural steering tendencies, that people shunned that car because it was inadequate.

I know you're semi-joking, but it actually makes me curious if there's any truth behind it. I very rarely race street cars, is the Enzo considered to be one of "those" cars, that people frown upon, because they're like auto-win? I just assumed due to it's natural steering tendencies, that people shunned that car because it was inadequate.

The best experience with the Enzo I remember, was a Monza (with chicanes) race with 650PP limit. Everyone except me was driving a Super GT car! I lost much in the corners and on the brakes, but dominated them on the straight! The final result was a good 3rd place (lobby with 16 drivers, and not everybody drove clean....)!

Woah was this race exciting! But the comments after the race..........well, I got kicked............
(for clarification: I drove clean, they just couldn't accept that I was faster with an Enzo)

Auto-win on SSR7 maybe, but I was thinking the same thing your last sentence said. Those who know the Enzo's abilities will drive better cars and then laugh at people who blindly choose the Enzo. Even if you didnt blindly choose it, they're just going to assume you did. So when you win, they're going to feel very silly. :D

I'd say it's the latter. You won't see an Enzo most times just because of the way they drive.

The best experience with the Enzo I remember, was a Monza (with chicanes) race with 650PP limit. Everyone except me was driving a Super GT car! I lost much in the corners and on the brakes, but dominated them on the straight! The final result was a good 3rd place (lobby with 16 drivers, and not everybody drove clean....)!

Woah was this race exciting! But the comments after the race..........well, I got kicked............
(for clarification: I drove clean, they just couldn't accept that I was faster with an Enzo)

SGT cars are slow on straights. My 400hp RX-7 can easily make passes on them along high speed straights (provided they don't get a draft off me once I'm past and they're at stock power); the downforce helps a ton around corners but it's murder on straights. Add in a PP restriction rather than power and something with low/no downforce (hello Enzo) and a lot more power will absolutely walk them on the straights. Go to Monza and that becomes a workable strategy despite half the corners being very high speed.

Got a feeling an ACR would've gotten you first if the Enzo got you 3rd though. ;)

SGT cars are slow on straights. My 400hp RX-7 can easily make passes on them along high speed straights (provided they don't get a draft off me once I'm past and they're at stock power); the downforce helps a ton around corners but it's murder on straights. Add in a PP restriction rather than power and something with low/no downforce (hello Enzo) and a lot more power will absolutely walk them on the straights. Go to Monza and that becomes a workable strategy despite half the corners being very high speed.

Got a feeling an ACR would've gotten you first if the Enzo got you 3rd though. ;)
Nah, if the race were clean I could have won (got crashed a couple times) and it didn't help to start at the end of the field with only 4 laps to drive. It was just funny to beat them with a complete different car. And the comments after the race.........unforgettable!

Nah, if the race were clean I could have won (got crashed a couple times) and it didn't help to start at the end of the field with only 4 laps to drive. It was just funny to beat them with a complete different car. And the comments after the race.........unforgettable!

The only way is to jump first at the start and don't let nobody reach you till the finish line. This is a big problem in online racing. 80% of the people drive like if they go to war. No way. When you find a good room with fair play racers, you need time to check the rules and choose an adapted car......
It will be good to organize something for the week ends.... When you do good race with fair play racers and adapted car, there is nothing better. A big smile after each race.
Why not thinking about for next sunday ??

I was thinking the same thing your last sentence said. Those who know the Enzo's abilities will drive better cars and then laugh at people who blindly choose the Enzo. Even if you didnt blindly choose it, they're just going to assume you did. So when you win, they're going to feel very silly. :D
I'd say it's the latter. You won't see an Enzo most times just because of the way they drive.
Ok good, that's what I was after. Trying to take the weakest of the Ferraris (in GT5) and turn it into a track contender. I've been spending a lot of time in this Enzo and I'm hoping to take it online and surprise a lot of people with it. After all the testing so far, I've been experimenting with some things, and contemplating developing a tune of my own for it, based on the other tunes I've been working with, depending if it can provide better lap times and tire wear.

Personally I like the enzo and when I own the room we race same models or makes. It makes the room fun. And if someone try's to pull x1 out at last minute then they get booted. I race for fun and people who race in my room almost always have fun. So my comments are enzos are great cars if you can drive them not everyone got skills.

Well, I decided to take the Enzo on. I put it into the new seasonal event at La Sarthe. The Chicanes weren't really an issue, but rather the first turn after the last back straight.

I didn't use the driving line, and had all assists turned off. It's really not that bad of a car, and I haven't done any fine-tuning yet. Managed 3:58, on first try, with all default settings, except I added ballasts (114 kg) all the way front for 50/50 weight, on racing softs. It comes out if you really gas it, but the biggest problem (as others have stated) is the excessive understeer.

I tuned it to the max (896 HP / 1158 KG) except the suspension, which is just the height adjustable. I went that route to simplify my tuning job until I get the rest down before I go after the suspension.

Any advice?

Well, I decided to take the Enzo on. I put it into the new seasonal event at La Sarthe. The Chicanes weren't really an issue, but rather the first turn after the last back straight.

I didn't use the driving line, and had all assists turned off. It's really not that bad of a car, and I haven't done any fine-tuning yet. Managed 3:58, on first try, with all default settings, except I added ballasts (114 kg) all the way front for 50/50 weight, on racing softs. It comes out if you really gas it, but the biggest problem (as others have stated) is the excessive understeer.

I tuned it to the max (896 HP / 1158 KG) except the suspension, which is just the height adjustable. I went that route to simplify my tuning job until I get the rest down before I go after the suspension.

Any advice?

50/50 weight distribution is NOT desirable on an MR with significant tire stagger like the Enzo. All you're doing is overloading those narrow front tires. The 458 Italia is better balanced than than Enzo in large part because it has less stagger (235/295 vs 245/345) and MORE rear weight bias (42/58 instead of 44/56). Think about it.

50/50 weight distribution is NOT desirable on an MR with significant tire stagger like the Enzo. All you're doing is overloading those narrow front tires. The 458 Italia is better balanced than than Enzo in large part because it has less stagger (235/295 vs 245/345) and MORE rear weight bias (42/58 instead of 44/56). Think about it.

I was trying to get some more weight on the fronts, with consideration to the aero that is placed on the rear. I will remove it and see.

I managed to shave 8 seconds off by going with a fully customizable suspension, and the MrGrado tune, but set rear aero at 14, and ballasts the same.

Ok, this is how you should use the Enzo. First off, it's a car with a lot of Understeer. I've tuned the hell out of this car, and still, can't get the car to carve up corners. However, the car is excellent on certain tracks like Indianapolis Road Course. Indy has long straights, and slow corners, where understeer isn't a problem. The Enzo is a hot rod, pure and simple. It's a quick accelerator and it can stop on a dime. It's brakes are excellent. For tracks that have long straights, and require heavy braking, use the Enzo.

Back