Ferrari F2007 Online Race (w/t commentary)

  • Thread starter Thread starter BreakerOhio
  • 36 comments
  • 2,977 views
Messages
1,794
Messages
BreakerOhio


Had good response last time I filmed a race (https://www.gtplanet.net/forum/showthread.php?t=105947) so due to the responses and request for more...

Filmed here is my first day racing with the Ferrari F2007 online. 5 lap race.

Played a few online races to figure out what kind of pace I had to push this car on Fuji Raceway to be competitive before filming. I got better each time and I decided to film after getting some sessions in. Still learning. I'm having a lot of fun trying to find the best line and learn to drive this car fast. This video captured a good race so I decided to share it.

In this video I give live commentary as I race. I had a little mishap on lap 3, but there is no shame in that. I'm showing you this video with the mishap to show you how sensitive this car can be. It's very rewarding when getting in the zone and driving this car fast. I stayed committed to finishing the race and it paid off. The final lap was very intense.
 
Nice video. I was particularly impressed that you were able to give a commentary throughout, the communication part of my brain usually shuts down when I'm playing so if someone is talking to me they'll usually have to wait until after the race for an answer.
 
Very enjoyable to watch. I like watching your foot work. It gives me an idea of what others are doing to get around the place fast.

Good video
 
I also wonder how can you drive and speak at the same time.

BTW, I think your driving would be much smoother if you used both feet. Don't get me wrong, you are fast and all, but to my eyes you are just slamming the brakes/throttle.
 
Gosh you make GT5P online actually look enjoyable! Most of the time its a really bad experience!

Robin
 
Thanks for posting another video! Great racing and commentary, once again. 👍

That gives me some motivation to go get the F1 Car. :dopey:
 
I also wonder how can you drive and speak at the same time.

BTW, I think your driving would be much smoother if you used both feet. Don't get me wrong, you are fast and all, but to my eyes you are just slamming the brakes/throttle.

It's a lot easier than being grilled with questions by someone else during game play. It's more thinking out loud while playing.

I'll give both feet a shot.

Gosh you make GT5P online actually look enjoyable! Most of the time its a really bad experience!

Robin

It can be really bad sometimes. :(
Just gotta keep at it. Usually the better drivers will find their way up to the front and thats where many good online racing will happen.
 
Cool race and a great comeback after the spinoff 👍 again there's great commentary on the video .. keep em coming mate :cheers:
 
That was very nice to watch! Looked like a pretty cool race.

Also my advice is to use two feet. They do it in real life too, it will go much smoother that one foot. It is also much handier for better cornering, and correcting oversteer while accelerating. But I don't think you will get that much better than you are now by using one foot, lol.

Anyways, I don't have the F1 yet (I'm at 960,000$, some way to go) but I really wanna drive it. I don't have online either yet, but hopefully in a few weeks I will be competing. I don't know how I compare to other people tho.

But good job on the vid, if you have another race I'd like to see it. :)
 
aww man. that was awesome..I gotta post some vids up..Like the race I had with GTP_Haas...Man, that was an epic race..
 

Blooper

I had an awesome online battle going on, then my cat interfered and this is what happened. Blooper.
 
oops :p ... wondering if the cat will get his dinner tonight now :sly:


👍
 
dude great comeback...supreme driving skill!
 
Great video! I have no idea how you drive with one foot in an F1 car though, that's nuts! Even the real F1 drivers don't do that!
 
I read that Coulthard or maybe Barrichello drives using just one foot.

EDIT: NVM, I mixed things up, Coulthard drives using three pedals. Don't know why tho.
 
oops :p ... wondering if the cat will get his dinner tonight now :sly:


👍


My cat decided the shifter unit on the G25 was a nice face scratcher while I was running some laps on last week's WRS. She messed up my concentration while I was about 0.5 ahead of my ghost.............from my submitted lap. :ouch:

And the answer is no! ;)
 
EDK
My cat decided the shifter unit on the G25 was a nice face scratcher while I was running some laps on last week's WRS. She messed up my concentration while I was about 0.5 ahead of my ghost.............from my submitted lap. :ouch:

And the answer is no! ;)

Yea, mine has super sensitive hearing and he's super sensitive when I turn up the volume and he hears the pedals and shifter make noise. He investigates the whole perimeter of my racing cockpit trying to find out where the shift clicks come from. Some times I can drive with one hand and then shove him aside when he's doing the same to my shifter. "Not now (I'll feed you later), I'm in the zone!" haha
 
Another good video 👍 . Nice comeback.

Hope to see more from yourself and possibly other GTP members in the future.

Lol @ the cat incident as well.
 
Blooper

I had an awesome online battle going on, then my cat interfered and this is what happened. Blooper.
GT5P, so realistic it cuts your internet when a cat crosses your path to simmulate animal activists being on your arse all day long and not letting you race anymore. :crazy:
 
not bad definatly use left foot braking may take getting used to at first but you will notice that your times will go up alot quicker and you will be able to stay on the throttle until the very last moment. also i know that with all the feedback from the F1 car its tough to keep smooth movements but defiantly try to work on not being as jerky with the wheel that would help out your times too. other then that just keep running the car until you finally get a good feel for it you seem to do better then alot of the people i race in the F1 class
 
Nice one, great idea... Just saw you at PP600 Suzuka. Good racing!
 
Yea, mine has super sensitive hearing and he's super sensitive when I turn up the volume and he hears the pedals and shifter make noise. He investigates the whole perimeter of my racing cockpit trying to find out where the shift clicks come from. Some times I can drive with one hand and then shove him aside when he's doing the same to my shifter. "Not now (I'll feed you later), I'm in the zone!" haha

It's the dog that starts begging for food while I am running, drives me nuts sometimes. :banghead:

I bought an F2007 last night and made a few laps around Fuji today. You have a great handle on that thing. :crazy: As soon as I start to push, I have an incident like the one you had. :dopey:

My other cat, he's younger and a little crazier, was intigued by the engine noise, as was I. ;)


BTW, it was nice racing with you at Suzuka 600PP. Intense battle. :nervous:

:cheers:
Kevin
 
EDK
It's the dog that starts begging for food while I am running, drives me nuts sometimes. :banghead:

I bought an F2007 last night and made a few laps around Fuji today. You have a great handle on that thing. :crazy: As soon as I start to push, I have an incident like the one you had. :dopey:

My other cat, he's younger and a little crazier, was intigued by the engine noise, as was I. ;)


BTW, it was nice racing with you at Suzuka 600PP. Intense battle. :nervous:

:cheers:
Kevin

Cool. I haven't gone back to the F2007 race since. Not many racers usually. I think it's very intense when racing F2007. Very Nervous.

Today's Suzuka 600PP battle was very tight. One of the best online races so far. Too bad no recording. Lots of drafting side by side action. Good racing with you today!
 
My cat sometimes jump on my lap in the middle of a race wondering when dinner is being served. Miau!:)
 
Great video, but I think I see a little bit of lag between when you turn the wheel and the wheel in the F2007 turns. Is it really like this, or is just camera lag/my browser being slow?
 
My cat sometimes jump on my lap in the middle of a race wondering when dinner is being served. Miau!:)

lol, that happened once, but not during online play.

Great video, but I think I see a little bit of lag between when you turn the wheel and the wheel in the F2007 turns. Is it really like this, or is just camera lag/my browser being slow?

Hmmm...I don't see a lag. Could be your computer/ browser.
 
Excellent video. I can never find anyone to race in that event, and when I do it's usually againts one other guy. I think I raced you once (PSN Brakefade).
 
Great vid man.

It kinda sucks how the wheel/hands doesnt vibrate like it does in real life (animation). Hopefully PD will patch that up.

Anyway, you should invest on a bigger screen man :) maybe an HD Projector. Its cheaper than the usual 50"-60" flats...
 
Back