Ferrari F458 Italia

The sound of stock cars isn't that great most of the time. However the aftermarket offers solutions ;-)

I won't post two videos of modded 2009 GT-R's , because they don't belong here, but they are a nice example of the transformation from boring sound to great sound.

I'd say 95 out of 100 cars profit from aftermarket exhaust systems regarding sound quality.

While true, we do have to cut the manufacturers some slack when the car's sound has to be done to please multiple issues. :)

Yes, this is from Autocar's site:

Ah, I'd actually forgotten that the Cali was twin-clutch. That makes sense then.

I'm surprised by the support the F430's styling is getting. It's the least pleasing-on-the-eye Ferrari in absolutely ages and personally I don't think it gets anywhere near to how good the F458 looks.

Lotus Evora meets Ferrari 599, and this is their child.. yeah, there is certain lines that speak for such occurrence..

The car is awesome, but I almost feel like it looks too much like, dare I say it, a Lamborghini?
Maybe from the windshield forward (from the top), it does, but I don't really see the resemblance from any other angle.

090028car1280.jpg

photodsy.jpg

Perhaps it is because Ferrari has finally made a menacing-looking car?

Pros:
  • Love the exterior, and I do mean I love it. Just give me yellow and throw away the boring old red.
  • Love the tail pipes, its just cooky enough to be cool.
  • Love the noise!
  • Love the profile.
  • I really like the engine specs.

Cons:
  • I dislike the single rear tail lights.
  • I DO NOT like the wheels AT ALL.

Summary:
Great design, good specs and makes a proper Ferrari noise. As long as there will be a stripped out version with little or NO driver aids this would be a true old-school proper Ferrari. :D

Love that low waistline! Much much better than the F430, which just looked like a updated 360 to me...

It looks alright. Side profile is nice and general proportions are good. I like the aggressive look but the front looks too flat faced imo, like my cars more pointy, and don't get me started on the rear, it's just an unconventional mess. Cool to see such big rims stock though, and that engine looks to be truly remarkable. 360 still the most elegant and pretty of the recent ferraris i think though, that back especially with the carbon panel was the sex, but hey times move on. Them arches are classic though.

That's probably it. My first thought was LP-560-4 when I saw the car, low and square, with angles that cut your hands off when you get too close. There isn't anything wrong with it, it just doesn't quite seem totally right at first.

Also, I get the feeling this is yet another car that looks a bazillion times better in person than it does in photographs.

On the F40 the middle pipe was used for the turbo. As the F458 dosn't have a turbo it's a bit 'gimmicky'

I doubt if it's just there for the gimmick when they are designing the car to be as light as possible. Maybe it is for the turbo version or is this the final design concept? maybe the non turbo will have only two?

That's the best looking ferrari ever since the enzo. Great step forward by the boys in red. I'd buy one. I now have a new avatar.

IMO it's the least sedate Ferrari since the Enzo, which in turn was the least sedate Ferrari since the F40. How un-sedate do you want them? :odd:

just as un-sedated as the F40, of course. after all, F40 and 355 were the last real Ferraris. The rest are just.. generic.

:odd: I believe that people should never make comments about the sound of Ferrari's flat-plane crank V8 until they've heard one at full throttle in person. I saw a few rounds of the Ferrari 360 Challenge once and the sound is absolutely spine-tingling, especially with 20 of the buggers on the circuit! IMO the Ferrari V8 is one of motoring's great noises.

But I have heard them IRL, still don't like them.

just as un-sedated as the F40, of course. after all, F40 and 355 were the last real Ferraris. The rest are just.. generic.

Design-wise the F40 was fairly sedate in my eyes. It looks great but it's a very simple design. It has massive presence but it doesn't look particularly agressive.

The concept of it is pretty un-sedate (I know, terrible grammar here) but save for the sodding enormous wing I don't think it's as wild as the Enzo or indeed this new one.

And I hate it when people say things like "x was the last real x". It just reminds me of the plonkers who think that the last real Porsche was the 993 (because obviously, a Porsche has to be rear-engined and air cooled and put you backwards into a hedge if you sneeze). Given that there have been numerous Ferraris quicker around a track than the F40 and the concept of the F355 has been massively improved with each new V8 MR Ferrari I'd say quite happily that there have been plenty of "real" Ferraris since those two.

F40 and 355 'real Ferraris'? What is a 'real' Ferrari? As exigeracer said, I don't think you can say that about any marque. Though, if anything, a mid-engined Ferrari is far from being a 'real' Ferrari when the first mid-engined Ferrari of sorts was the Dino (not even badged Ferrari) in 1968. In fact the first mid-engined Ferrari with an actual Ferrari badge was the 308 GT4 when it was finally adorned with the Prancing Horse in 1976 - that's almost thirty years after Ferrari was founded having already produced about twenty astonishing front-engined cars including the 275 GTB/4, 250 Testa Rossa, 250 GTO, 365 GTB/4 Daytona, 250 GT and the 212 Inter, etc.

Possibly, mid-engined Ferraris are classed as 'real' Ferraris by those of us that grew up in the late 70's and early 80's with the Boxer, 308, 288 GTO, F40, 348 etc. Being brought up at this time but having a massive love of the post war cars there is no quintessetial Ferrari in my eyes. But at the end of the day, to enthusiasts a real Ferrari will always be a gran tourer with a big V-12 up front.

As road-going Ferraris originally were only produced to fund their racing projects, you could argue that only pure racing Ferraris are 'real' Ferraris.

Maybe from the windshield forward (from the top), it does, but I don't really see the resemblance from any other angle.

090028car1280.jpg

photodsy.jpg

IT's ORGASMICLY BEAUTIFUL, HAHA

Brilliant. I'm in heaven. First car I've decided I'ma either A), make one from scratch, like the gentleman who created that Lamborghini in his basement, or B) steal one.

+1 I mostly agree with that statement. But the 550/575 were brilliant as well.

Ladies and Gentlemen, I present to you...the Ferrari 458 Scuderia.

fdg5j7.jpg

Excuse the tags, people will steal.
You might see me at Pininfarina in 10 years. :sly:

I don't dislike the genuine front lights, but after seing your modification, i think i prefer yours 👍

Agreed. Though seeing that Scuderia 'shop above shows how much the regular car needs different wheels. That looks awesome.

Gonna have to say I don't like it, the front doesn't have any real distinction or character I'd expect from a Ferrari and the rear looks a bit abrupt.

Nice job on the Scud 'chop. It looks really pissed off, which is a good thing IMO. 👍

And it kinda also shows that while the 458 does look good, there is quite a bit of room for improvement, even if it's hard to see where just by looking at the car.

Great work on the Scud' El Drifto, except you haven't removed the air inlets that sit beside the headlights - god I HATE them! :yuck:

Back