• Thread starter FORTIX
  • 71 comments
Slovakia
Slovakia
Fighter-1107
video-of-the-day-ferrari-f50-flame-show
Legendary car... no coment

Last edited:
IMO absolutely the best car that's not in the game. All the other Ferrari halo cars, with the only exception of the new LaFerrari which will surely be added soon, are in the game so the F50 should be the next one.

As someone else mentioned, I don't get the F50 hate either. Clarkson calls it ugly as do some others, but I think it's one of the best looking Ferraris out there. The F40 is definitely a great design but because of its boxiness it looks a little dated, whereas the curvy (but not fat like modern models) F50 is brilliant and timeless.

Plus I think it's probably the best sounding car I've ever heard. Of course PD is weak with sounds so that would make it difficult, but if they're truly revamping the sounds like they've said then this would be the perfect challenge.

Last edited:
This terrific photo of the Ferrari F50 was just recently posted on Speedhunters.com:

6-IMG_2981-1920.jpg

Here it is, part of the silhouette that sparked the curiosity. The one that triggered my love for and interest in motorized vehicles on four wheels. The brilliant thing of beauty that started it all. In a way, it's what invited me to explore, dwell, and indulge in the many wonders of the automotive world.

Well, my first die-cast scale model car was that of a Ferrari F50.

My first metallurgical love. It just spoke volumes of artistic beauty and intense excitement through its looks alone. The inside of me was overflowing with enthralling joy when I looked at it. It's always been my no. 1 dream car since I got the scale model as a toddler.

I don't care what people negatively say about it, or what sorts of flaws and drawbacks I heard of it as I grew older. This car simply means a lot me.

I won't say much as I had expressed my love for it in other threads already.

I'd be quite satisfied if the F50 made it into GT so Ferrari's hypercar lineup can be complete.

I have a theory as to why the F50 isn't as appreciated as other hypercars Ferrari made (I could be wrong about this):

• The F40 was designed to be lightweight and hardcore and it's simple, functional styling still looks fresh, even today. Sure the F50 looks good, but it doesn't have the "clean", looks of the F40.
  • Following on from the F40, some say to be the greatest hypercar of all time, was always going to be a difficult thing to do.
  • The F50 may have been more powerful than the F40, but because it was heavier and slightly less aerodynamic, it was hardly any faster than the F40 and wouldn't have been as nice or as pure to drive.
  • Then there was the Mclaren F1, which completely changed the supercar game, and it left the F50 looking rather redundant.
Like I said, this is only a theory I have for the F50 and I am most likely wrong, but the F50 would be a welcome addition.

Last edited:
... hypercar ... hypercars ... hypercar .
Sorry, but there is no such thing as a hypercar. That's just the label that motoring journalists have plastered on cars like the Veyron, P1, LaFerrari etc, when in fact they are merely supercars (which itself is pretty much a label, but a much, much longer established one).

The reason why (in my eyes) the hypercar label got introduced, is because the sports/super sports cars have gotten a heck of a lot quicker over the past decade, and thus everyone wrongly refers to them as supercars just because they can crack 300km/h now.

Supercars never used to be able to crack even close to 300km/h until the F40/959. Which was in the 1980's...

Think of car performance as a genetically modified long life tree. Over the years it gradually gets bigger and bigger instead of staying the same size, but it is still called a tree...

Supercars/sports cars are the same, they keep getting faster and faster (and have always done so, since before the 1960's) but they are still called supercars/sports cars etc.
https://www.gtplanet.net/forum/threads/there-is-no-such-thing-as-a-hypercar.287895/

And as for the very strong opinions on the look of the F50, i think just saying that it looks ugly to you is better than going into extreme detail and using every label under the sun to get your point across to people that you don't like its looks.
There's no need for it, it's almost like you're trying to bait people into replying and offering their contrasting opinions.

The F40 looked better but what does that matter, and it's only my opinion. Looks should be the last thing that decides whether a car is great or not, it's subjective.

I want the F50 to come to GT, but I will personally cut my ears off and mail them to PD if they can't get the sound right! There is no point to the F50 without it's glorious engine sound.

I have never understood all the hatred for the Ferrari F50. I think it more than deserves to be in GT6 as it is an iconic machine. Being one of the Ferrari anniversary models means it is more than qualified anyway.

Also, it looks great and sounds amazing!

Ferrari has to have one around still. I think PD can get their hands on one to complete the Ferrari F series of supercars.

Back