Ferrari SF90 Stradale (F173)

I’m a huge Ferrari shill and the 458 Italia is my favourite car ever made, but part of me is incredibly underwhelmed here.

I just can’t shake the feeling that this is just an F8 Tributo with a bodykit and some Duracells.

The LaFerrari replacement is going to have to be something really special to beat the performance of this thing. Interesting to see how Mclaren's upcoming hybrid supercar responds as well.

Dunno about this, it is impressive but i can't put my finger on it on why it's so underwhelming in my opinion...

That semi-mesh engine cover between the heads...is it not a hot vee? Why would it not be a hot vee?

Here's the key

Screenshot_20190529-225434.jpg

Screenshot_20190529-225440.jpg

The LaFerrari replacement is going to have to be something really special to beat the performance of this thing. Interesting to see how Mclaren's upcoming hybrid supercar responds as well.

Sure this isnt the LaFerrari follow up? I dont know what Ferrari says.

That semi-mesh engine cover between the heads...is it not a hot vee? Why would it not be a hot vee?
The F154 isn't exactly what you'd call laggy to begin with. And here it's augmented by three E-motors so there's simply no need.

The F154 isn't exactly what you'd call laggy to begin with. And here it's augmented by three E-motors so there's simply no need.
Gotcha, though I'd imagine the improved thermal efficiency alone would make it a worthwhile venture even without the packaging benefits.

Gotcha, though I'd imagine the improved thermal efficiency alone would make it a worthwhile venture even without the packaging benefits.
I imagine Ferrari disagrees. The F154 has won International Engine of the Year four times in a row (2016-2019) with the conventional design.

And it's not alien technology for them either - Ferrari were actually first to introduce the hot vee design with the Tipo 031 back in the eighties.

Good news is that it's a standard design that Ferrari will roll out for the rest of the range. There's a special place in the centre console for it to go, so it forms part of the interior design...

Good news is that it's a standard design that Ferrari will roll out for the rest of the range. There's a special place in the centre console for it to go, so it forms part of the interior design...

I know the key is in here somewhere...

D5ubuADWsAcPc48.jpg

I'm glad Ferrari added this car to their lineup. They definitely needed a higher hp car that wasn't either limited production or front engined. I can see the Aventador successor being compared to this.

I have mixed feelings about this new Ferrari. It is not the most beautiful Ferrari ever.

The front end looks beautiful and typical Ferrari.

09acffb1-722f-4e6c-9f31-3ca6a4513bf5

The interior looks ok. Not my style but not bad.

b78b12de-fd57-4c2f-b49f-c2e0f803f767

From where the cockpit ends to the rear end of the cars looks so complicated, and it seems to be a from a different car.

6079b891-13fb-4fd4-9970-6004ac79613c

I agree the rear end is too fussy and not classically beautiful, but I give Ferrari props for always trying to differentiate their models unlike McLaren/Porsche where every model seems like it's just a facelift of the other one.

The name and performance figures makes me think this is positioned as a rival to the AMG One. That means the LaFerrari replacement is going to be aimed squarely at the Chiron/Jesko/Venom F5 to keep its status quo (or even Rimac C2/Battista). What a time to be alive :drool:

Also, is the F8 Tributo going to be sold alongside this? Seems just like yesterday that was announced and if this is meant to be the replacement, I wonder why they even bothered with that car at all.

Back