Ferrari SF90 Stradale (F173)

Also, is the F8 Tributo going to be sold alongside this? Seems just like yesterday that was announced and if this is meant to be the replacement, I wonder why they even bothered with that car at all.
Yeah, the F8 will be sold alongside this. The F8 will remain the entry mid-V8 and this will technically be the top car in the lineup above the 812SF.

I wonder how LaFerrari owners feel about a non-halo model occupying very nearly the same space as their cars so soon after. There wasn't something truly in the range of the Enzo until the 488 GTB came out, and that was like a decade later. 1000hp has become basically routine. Bleh. Is this a supercar or a hypercar? Does the distinction even matter? Hypercars have become so boring and interchangeable. We've basically reached the zero-bezel point in the hypercar world. Yeah, they are ungodly fast...but past a certain point (I'd say the Veyron was the inflection point), do the improvements even matter? Where do we go from here? Even more power, aero, grip? To what end? Does the fact that the SF90 exist make a Ferrari F40, for instance, any less pleasurable to drive? If not, what's the point in continuing to push the envelope? Is it all about the money and willy-waving?

Please do something interesting Pagani, the world needs you right now.

I wonder how LaFerrari owners feel about a non-halo model occupying very nearly the same space as their cars so soon after. There wasn't something truly in the range of the Enzo until the 488 GTB came out, and that was like a decade later. 1000hp has become basically routine. Bleh. Is this a supercar or a hypercar? Does the distinction even matter? Hypercars have become so boring and interchangeable. We've basically reached the zero-bezel point in the hypercar world. Yeah, they are ungodly fast...but past a certain point (I'd say the Veyron was the inflection point), do the improvements even matter? Where do we go from here? Even more power, aero, grip? To what end? Does the fact that the SF90 exist make a Ferrari F40, for instance, any less pleasurable to drive? If not, what's the point in continuing to push the envelope? Is it all about the money and willy-waving?

Eh? It's been nearly 6 years exactly since the LaFerrari was released.

Honestly my favorite thing from Ferrari in a long time.

I don't think they'll be too bothered; LaFerraris will continue to go up in value well into the millions, whilst this starting around $500K (current rumor; they're unsure b/c Ferrari's initial point was $700K) will likely never hit 7-figures before the initial demand is satisfied (as there doesn't seem to be any implication of a limited run). I mean, you, I, and everyone else knows LaFerraris are bought by trading in brownie points and to show their love of the brand. Performance is just a way to help justify the costs.

I agree with everything else, though. Ferrari has been pushing that line since the 599 GTO where the car was on the edge so much, even the driver aids had difficulty keeping it under control. The TDF made changes that allowed the car to be reigned in more, and ever since, that little manettino dial has done wonders at controlling the amount of driver aid. The FXXK's aids are apparently so advanced, anyone can push it with the car just sticking to the road, & I'd imagine the SF90 has incorporated that technology to make all 1000hp usable to some degree.

I'd say where we go from here is just more one-offs and special editions, but I was surprised to hear there's no plans for a F8 special edition. Instead, they seem on intent on bringing out the V6-hybrid little brother around the time the F8's CS/Scud/Spec. is expected. So... I guess that may be more interesting for folks who share your questions.

I'd say where we go from here is just more one-offs and special editions, but I was surprised to hear there's no plans for a F8 special edition. Instead, they seem on intent on bringing out the V6-hybrid little brother around the time the F8's CS/Scud/Spec. is expected. So... I guess that may be more interesting for folks who share your questions.

Yep. That piques my interest.

I gather that would be the F154-derived V6 in the Giulia/Stelvio Quadrifoglio?

20200201_151245_HDR.jpg 20200201_151036.jpg 20200201_151539_HDR.jpg 20200201_151553_HDR.jpg
20200201_151146_HDR.jpg 20200201_151137_HDR.jpg
A SF90 in town! I like it more in person than I expected, but to me it doesn't hold up to the LaFerrari

SF90 Versione Speciale

1654827777394.png

1654827786054.png

1654827795050.png

From what we've learned so far, the focal point of this upgraded SF90 will come with the S-Duct hood that's inspired by the 488 Pista.

In addition, the car appears to be a mule, based on the different colors and the fact that it says "mulo" on the back

New images of the Versione Speciale

1662490141795.png

1662490153618.png

1662490165684.png

1662490213872.png

1662490222155.png

The design tweaks include a much larger front splitter. There are also revisions to the front fascia. On the red car in these photos, the company hides this section with a panel and a sensor in front of it. The revised, more narrow uprights are visible on the gray car. The inlets below the headlights aren't as wide but are taller.

Zoom in on the hood to see a new raised section near the windshield. The new shape is most visible when viewing this SF90 from the side.

At the back, the red car in these photos boasts a massive wing on the rear deck. This is the first time we are seeing it, despite having several previous spy shot galleries of the SF90 Versione Speciale. One possibility is that the piece might be part of an optional performance package.

There's camouflage on the tip of the decklid. It looks like there's a more aggressive design for the spoiler that integrates into the piece.

Ferrari also fits exposed supports for the exhaust tips. This clearly isn't a production-spec layout, which suggests the final Versione Speciale might have revisions to the outlets.

Ferrari is pissed that American companies can design rippers at a dive bar so they've stooped to slapping ghastly wings on their classy cars as well. 💁‍♂️ Guess we'll see what Chevy has in store for the ZR1.

The American brands are going to have to step up their game now that Ferrari has stooped to putting ridiculous wings on their cars.

SF90 LM leaked ahead of tomorrow's reveal

In case the Instagram post gets taken down:

1687898115833.png

1687898126636.png

Last edited:
Back