FFB lack of detail?PS4 

Australia
Australia
revhead_1000
So while trying to adjust the FFB in Pcars I have found it very troubling how hard it is to get it even close to a realistic car feel. Toying with the FFB tuning settings I discovered that it appears that most of the settings only provide resistance without giving any real useful information. Has anyone else found this? I also tried out iRacing and found its FFB was really good in that it felt natural and similar to a car in real life.

Also of note, no my wheel isn't clipping and I have a T500.

So while trying to adjust the FFB in Pcars I have found it very troubling how hard it is to get it even close to a realistic car feel. Toying with the FFB tuning settings I discovered that it appears that most of the settings only provide resistance without giving any real useful information. Has anyone else found this? I also tried out iRacing and found its FFB was really good in that it felt natural and similar to a car in real life.

It's a minefield but I'm happy with my FFB these days, enough to stop all the tinkering. This should help you out:

Fx: for FFB when braking
Fy: how heavy/how resistant the wheel feels
Fz: for feeling bumps and curbs
Mz: how much FFB when losing traction (useful for rear-end action).

Don't know if you've done this already, but in the Thrustmaster calibration software, try these settings:

900°
FFB strength 60%
Constant 100%
Periodic 100%
Spring 0%
Damper 0%

Spring and damper are at 100% by default. This seems to mask a lot of ffb forces, especially in pCARS it seems. To me it was like a completely new wheel. Gone was the constant resistance and cogging effect. Not to mention the motor didn't work overtime constantly.

In game I use Jack Spade's 66% FFB settings.

It's a minefield but I'm happy with my FFB these days, enough to stop all the tinkering. This should help you out:

Fx: for FFB when braking
Fy: how heavy/how resistant the wheel feels
Fz: for feeling bumps and curbs
Mz: how much FFB when losing traction (useful for rear-end action).

Yeah Played around with those, at best I can get a race car to feel similar to a road car, but not a race car.

Don't know if you've done this already, but in the Thrustmaster calibration software, try these settings:

900°
FFB strength 60%
Constant 100%
Periodic 100%
Spring 0%
Damper 0%

Spring and damper are at 100% by default. This seems to mask a lot of ffb forces, especially in pCARS it seems. To me it was like a completely new wheel. Gone was the constant resistance and cogging effect. Not to mention the motor didn't work overtime constantly.

In game I use Jack Spade's 66% FFB settings.

I didn't know you could calibrate the wheel on PS4, I thought it was only PC??

Last edited by a moderator:
Very interesting, I thought it would be for PC use only. Might have a look although the last time I connected my T300 to my laptop (to update the firmware) I had major issues as it stopped being detected and appeared to have died. Do I tempt fate once again...?

Very interesting, I thought it would be for PC use only. Might have a look although the last time I connected my T300 to my laptop (to update the firmware) I had major issues as it stopped being detected and appeared to have died. Do I tempt fate once again...?

For some reason the Thrustmaster wheels are rather picky about when to be connected (my T500 is anyway). Make sure your PC is up and running before connecting the wheel, - then launch the calibration software.

Trust me, it'll be worth it. 👍

So I tried calibrating the wheel. The settings you put up only work on a PC, they have no effect on the PS4 as it uses its own driver and the wheel has no onboard programable memory. For reference I tried from 40 % to 100% and there was zero change in the FFB on the console.

So I tried calibrating the wheel. The settings you put up only work on a PC, they have no effect on the PS4 as it uses its own driver and the wheel has no onboard programable memory. For reference I tried from 40 % to 100% and there was zero change in the FFB on the console.

That's odd. I know for sure there was a very notable change in my wheels behavior when I turned spring and damper down to 0. I'm assuming you're running the latest thrustmaster firmware (v43)?

That's odd. I know for sure there was a very notable change in my wheels behavior when I turned spring and damper down to 0. I'm assuming you're running the latest thrustmaster firmware (v43)?

Yep. I think you might be getting confused with other settings you must have adjusted. Plus there is nowhere in the manual that says the wheels internal settings can be adjusted.

This is the settings I'm talking about:

attachment.php

Picture sourced from here:

http://forum.projectcarsgame.com/sh...B1-Spreadsheet&p=913248&viewfull=1#post913248

This is a xb1/ps4 thread, so yes, adjustments made in the control panel for the wheel on the pc will carry over when you plug it to a console. The thread itself is a good read, I got a lot of ffb tips from there. :)

This is the settings I'm talking about:

attachment.php

Picture sourced from here:

http://forum.projectcarsgame.com/sh...B1-Spreadsheet&p=913248&viewfull=1#post913248

This is a xb1/ps4 thread, so yes, adjustments made in the control panel for the wheel on the pc will carry over when you plug it to a console. The thread itself is a good read, I got a lot of ffb tips from there. :)

Few things:

1) yes that is what I did.

2) that is a control panel and as such it only affects the controls and input on a PC.

3) no where on the thrustmaster website, T500RS Manual, nor is the forum saying that it is possible to adjust console performance, the person merely asks if it is possible to which no-one provides any answer. This is backed up by the fact that the wheel does not have adjustable firmware like the TH8A (which is clearly stated by thrust master as having adjustable firmware that will carry over to console). Also in no other forums is anyone claiming that the control panel can be used to adjust behaviour of the wheel on console. I think you need to try it again as the difference would be due to other settings you adjusted at the same time.

If that is the case, I'm really curious as to what's been going on inside my wheel, since the only thing i changed before feeling the changes was these settings. I did a few tweaks to the in game global ffb settings (deadzone removal), but that was after the initial test. The only other thing that comes to mind would be a "bug" in the FFB firmware somehow being reset while I had it connected and synced to the control panel.

I also find it annoying that there is no definitive "yay or nay" on the Thrustmaster website regarding this.

My new global settings are:

xbox one TX wheel.

FF: 60

TF: 94

DRR: 0.13
DRD: 0.1

RAG: 120
RAB: 0.10
RAC: 0.70

Scoop Knee: 0.60
Scoop Red: 0.40

steering gain : 1.00

all others defualt.

If that is the case, I'm really curious as to what's been going on inside my wheel, since the only thing i changed before feeling the changes was these settings. I did a few tweaks to the in game global ffb settings (deadzone removal), but that was after the initial test. The only other thing that comes to mind would be a "bug" in the FFB firmware somehow being reset while I had it connected and synced to the control panel.

I also find it annoying that there is no definitive "yay or nay" on the Thrustmaster website regarding this.

Hmm, you could always test it again with changing the settings from FFB of 30% to 100%.

Alternatively I have a T500 RS and I know when I started playing Pcars there was a bug where the FFB was extremely heavy and restarting the game or restarting the wheel seamed to fix it. Though I find it strange that you have not encounter the bug again if that is the case as (for me) it occurs roughly every 10 startup.

G29 here without any issues on default setting :S My previous wheel was the driving force GT and it feels exactly the same ( And I feel so so soo cheated :()

Ok so I am going to try project cars (again !) as I couldn't get round the ffb set up .i have the pcars app and I am wondering about global settings for the wheel set up .on the app it states to adjust only 3 or 4 values ,does this mean to leave the rest of the settings untouched (default) and just apply the car settings ????.hope someone can help with this .
Cheers Mike

Ok so I am going to try project cars (again !) as I couldn't get round the ffb set up .i have the pcars app and I am wondering about global settings for the wheel set up .on the app it states to adjust only 3 or 4 values ,does this mean to leave the rest of the settings untouched (default) and just apply the car settings ????.hope someone can help with this .
Cheers Mike

I used the Insidesimracing video as a guide and just used their settings which I find work fairly well.

G29 here without any issues on default setting :S My previous wheel was the driving force GT and it feels exactly the same ( And I feel so so soo cheated :()
G29 has an FFB deadzone of 16%. Set Deadzone Removal Range in game to 0.16 and watch all the low-end feedback (that you miss right now) pop in. :)

G29 has an FFB deadzone of 16%. Set Deadzone Removal Range in game to 0.16 and watch all the low-end feedback (that you miss right now) pop in. :)
You my man just changed this game for me haha... I was wondering why there was never any force feedback for a few degrees, driving much better now. What are your other settings if you don't mind sharing?

I used the classic profile and tyre force at 80%. But haven't played in a while, not sure if that's still valid/good. The Deadzone Removal is always the same though (16% for G27/G29).

I find simply changing back to original standard TX wheel from my GTX wheel gives more nuanced feed back, the GTX looks ace but i think the added weight and being metal IMO doesn't work for me to benefit FFB..
I can feel everything with original TX wheel.

Hi there ,
Does anybody know if there is deadzone removal range for gt3 rsv2 ??
Cheers Mike
For the v1 it was in the order of 0.06, not sure about the v2. Are you on PC? If so, then you can use the wheelcheck utility to figure out the value.

?..This is a xb1/ps4 thread, so yes, adjustments made in the control panel for the wheel on the pc will carry over when you plug it to a console. The thread itself is a good read, I got a lot of ffb tips from there. :)

Thanks man, I have a TX wheel and I had no clue you could do this. I will try it as soon as I get home.

Last edited:
Back