FGT awsome !!!

  • Thread starter Thread starter caladina
  • 42 comments
  • 3,256 views
Messages
141
first impressions...
well i just got my FGT car, wow, what a machine, soon as i bought it i did the engine overhaul as well, took it for a first run around monza to get used to it, huoooooooge grin, still not done a clean lap yet, at last a race series thats gonna require some work, i'm gonna enjoy this!
 
Yeah FGT series is best in game IMO. 140 or so laps of extreme concentration!
 
Yeah its pretty good. If only there was a save option during the championship.
 
Yes a save after each race would have been ideal, and the laps more inline with F1 numbers

btw, can you adjust the steering rack within the cars settings?

I noticed its got full lock to lock incar, on the gtdf wheel
i'm not sure what the wheel itself is set at, never been back after i set it up first time
 
I am waiting for series save options before doing the Enduros. I don't want to waste my life blood on a game feature oversight... 24h races with no midway save is just wrong!!!
 
i totally agree, it's fast, turns in a great speed too.👍
 
So do you thnik I should get this over the Peugeot 908 or 787b?
 
It is like the F1 car. a very great car indeed.
 
first impressions...
well i just got my FGT car, wow, what a machine, soon as i bought it i did the engine overhaul as well, took it for a first run around monza to get used to it, huoooooooge grin, still not done a clean lap yet, at last a race series thats gonna require some work, i'm gonna enjoy this!

Do you use a wheel or a pad?

I suspect a pad although I may be wrong.
Just interested.
 
One of the most apt descriptions I've seen about the Formula GT is that it is the "Ultimate B-Spec Fire-And-Forget Missile" 👍
 
Yeah FGT series is best in game IMO. 140 or so laps of extreme concentration!

How difficult is this? I got the FGT last night and tried the first race and failed miserably.

I forgot to change the oil and overhaul the engine. Once I do this is it much easier?

I couldn't stand 20 laps a time if I'm not going to get ahead by a few seconds per lap
 
How difficult is this? I got the FGT last night and tried the first race and failed miserably.

I forgot to change the oil and overhaul the engine. Once I do this is it much easier?

I couldn't stand 20 laps a time if I'm not going to get ahead by a few seconds per lap

the reason some love and some hate the FGT championship races in GT5 is that unlike the other races, where for the most part you can just tune your car to a point where you easily slay all others, the FGT series forces you to play on an even playing field with the rest of the cars in the race.

so, for some people this is horrible, because it's actually hard. for others (myself included) i found it to be the most challenging, most fun part of the game. it requires hours of practice and uninterrupted concentration.

that being said, after my first few failed attempts, and a good amount of frustration on my part, i got a lot better very quickly with these races, it just took some sticking with it. granted the FGT car is very different to drive than the other cars in the game, and i was all over the place spinning out when i first got mine, but now i can drive the hell out of it and love it. just took some commitment, as i said.

hope you enjoy, and don't give up! good luck!

-d
 
hope you enjoy, and don't give up! good luck!

-d

Thanks for the explanation. I hate those types where the race is that close. I've not even completed all three Nascar races yet.

It seems to me that there is some trick that you have to remember otherwise you have no chance. Just like on shoot 'em up games where you have to kill A and D first then pick up the weapon dropped by D so you can kill B.

My idea of fun is driving the X1 on the Sunday Cup Challenge and lapping everyone several times before they have completed the 4 laps.
 
Oooh, the FGT series is a bit of a beast.:ouch:

I tried the races individually and golded them all.

But put in series its harder as if you make a mistake, you can't restart.

I've managed Silver so far in series. Due to getting hit by other cars and spinning out and losing places.

The full series takes up to 3hrs full concentration.

I'm still gunning for Gold! :)
 
I think Series is THE best way of playing GT.
I hated it when they changed it so that you could play the races individually
 
One of the most apt descriptions I've seen about the Formula GT is that it is the "Ultimate B-Spec Fire-And-Forget Missile" 👍

mmmm no, that would be the x1.
 
I think Series is THE best way of playing GT.
I hated it when they changed it so that you could play the races individually


Doing them individually, you don't complete the championship, get prize money for championship or get the prize car, so it's not the same
 
first impressions...
well i just got my FGT car, wow, what a machine, soon as i bought it i did the engine overhaul as well, took it for a first run around monza to get used to it, huoooooooge grin, still not done a clean lap yet, at last a race series thats gonna require some work, i'm gonna enjoy this!

Wait till you get the ferrari F1s. you cant use em everywhere like the FGT but driving em is pure pleasure. I dont like the FGT ever since i got the ferraris.

Shame about the limited use on em
 
I just plain dont ever drive my FGT or my X1 because it is boring. Come to think about it still not done the FGT lol.
 
I have also had the same eye opening experience. I haven't touched an FGT since GT3 and since I unlocked the S.Vettel challenge and completely failed I was apprehensive about the FGT...but then I used it for the Super GT race.

The first 2 races were horrible I was all over the place, I was using bumper cam as I always do and just couldn't drive the damn thing, but then tad-da I switched to the nose cam and holy **** I got the "Human Stopwatch" trophy on Tokyo circuit and now intend to drive it a lot more.
 
Got gold in the series after getting 1st in some, 2nd place in that spanish race and suzuka is a nightmare ... was 2 laps behind and needed 9th to win the series so on my next lap took out the guy in first so he got 0 points like me and retired ... won by 40 points 👍 but suzuka still hasnt been done and i traded my FGT :(
 
Yeah FGT series is best in game IMO. 140 or so laps of extreme concentration!

Really...who has time for 140 laps??? besides trustfund babies and high school drop out flunkies that have nothing better top do with their lives?
 
I have also had the same eye opening experience. I haven't touched an FGT since GT3 and since I unlocked the S.Vettel challenge and completely failed I was apprehensive about the FGT...but then I used it for the Super GT race.

The first 2 races were horrible I was all over the place, I was using bumper cam as I always do and just couldn't drive the damn thing, but then tad-da I switched to the nose cam and holy **** I got the "Human Stopwatch" trophy on Tokyo circuit and now intend to drive it a lot more.

Sounds familiar...IS the X challenge possible with a controller? to get gold id have to knock about 25sec off my best time...why would they create a challange so seemingly impossible?
 
I love the fgt but Iv'e hardly driven it, my Bob's use it mostly. I really want to do the FGT championship but I don't think I have the time to do it all in one go, we really need saves between races.
 
Really...who has time for 140 laps??? besides trustfund babies and high school drop out flunkies that have nothing better top do with their lives?

No no really??? I am sure I fit neither stereotype you threw out, but in reality it is 120 laps total 6 races, 20 laps, and you don't have a couple hours to do it?
 
shame i haven't brought one because i am to worried about colours :P
 
No no really??? I am sure I fit neither stereotype you threw out, but in reality it is 120 laps total 6 races, 20 laps, and you don't have a couple hours to do it?

Actually, if you are decent at it you may only have to race 100 laps (provided you have a 100 point lead going into the last race). If you are lucky and decent, you may only have to run 80 laps because the AI goes from great at Fuji to decent at Indy to marginal at Monaco to pathetic at Nurburgring. I am currently running the FGT Championship and I have a 190 point lead after the 'Ring with Monza and Suzuka left.
 
Actually, if you are decent at it you may only have to race 100 laps (provided you have a 100 point lead going into the last race). If you are lucky and decent, you may only have to run 80 laps because the AI goes from great at Fuji to decent at Indy to marginal at Monaco to pathetic at Nurburgring. I am currently running the FGT Championship and I have a 190 point lead after the 'Ring with Monza and Suzuka left.

True but you still have to race the last two to get gold on them even though the series will complete when you beat the championship.
 
Back