FGT in ucd vs. FGT in online dealer

  • Thread starter Thread starter mikeygaga
  • 21 comments
  • 2,482 views
Messages
28
My old FGT use to do 270-80 with draft.My new FGT i bought in online dealer wont pass 240 with draft.Any ideas?
 
Change your transmission top speed.
 
Oil change.

Edit;

Wait, you reached 450 km/h (280 mph) in a FGT?
 
oil change or rebuild the engine, maybe check the downforce too.
 
I don't think its possible... no matter what he does.
 
Is the new ones settings the same as the old one ? Or have you got the Ferrari F1 cars and FGT mixed up ?
 
New cars have a break in period...get back to us after a couple hundred miles...
 
I've never done more than 245 in my FGT, so the fact that you did 280 is fishy. Also, check if the settings are exactly the same between the 2 (HP, downforce, tranny)
 
Come on 240 apples/bananas? I hate that a lot posts just don't tell what they talk about... I'm used to km/h but most here use mph and it's quite an important difference!
 
Come on 240 apples/bananas? I hate that a lot posts just don't tell what they talk about... I'm used to km/h but most here use mph and it's quite an important difference!

I agree, but it was pretty obvious in this case. :sly:
 
I've never done more than 245 in my FGT, so the fact that you did 280 is fishy. Also, check if the settings are exactly the same between the 2 (HP, downforce, tranny)
Same exact everything.Was online with a friend and we were drag racing the straight at sarthe.After trying to beat him with numerous cars, i finally grabbed my FGT knowing when i hit his draft,i will blow right by him.We started and i took the lead.His 1200+hp kicked in and he passed.I immediately slipped into his draft and said to myself he's finished.I hit 240 mph and stopped climbing as he accelerated away.This is very strange because i abused this vehicle in aspec and bspec so i know what it is capable of.Late last night i took the FGT to aspec like the wind at indy.I gave the field a 1/2 lap headstart.I caught up and when i hit the straight,i slipped into draft and BOOM,270 mph(and climbing)before i had to bail out for the turn.Explain that one?
 
Same exact everything.Was online with a friend and we were drag racing the straight at sarthe.After trying to beat him with numerous cars, i finally grabbed my FGT knowing when i hit his draft,i will blow right by him.We started and i took the lead.His 1200+hp kicked in and he passed.I immediately slipped into his draft and said to myself he's finished.I hit 240 mph and stopped climbing as he accelerated away.This is very strange because i abused this vehicle in aspec and bspec so i know what it is capable of.Late last night i took the FGT to aspec like the wind at indy.I gave the field a 1/2 lap headstart.I caught up and when i hit the straight,i slipped into draft and BOOM,270 mph(and climbing)before i had to bail out for the turn.Explain that one?
I too am iffy on the 270mph thing, but if true, road surface. Mulsanne straight is bumpy as hell. You are likely bouncing about a bit and your tires aren't getting full grip, or you have TCS or ASM on and it is slowing you down to compensate.

Or in single player you got to take advantage of the Rubber Band Engine that catches you up if you are in last.
 
I too am iffy on the 270mph thing, but if true, road surface. Mulsanne straight is bumpy as hell. You are likely bouncing about a bit and your tires aren't getting full grip, or you have TCS or ASM on and it is slowing you down to compensate.

Or in single player you got to take advantage of the Rubber Band Engine that catches you up if you are in last.
We double checked it at stage 7,all aids remain the same online and offline.Its not catching up thats the issue,its the car not accelerating above 240 mph in the draft.If you are iffy,take your fgt to like the wind and you wont be iffy anymore.
 
We double checked it at stage 7,all aids remain the same online and offline.Its not catching up thats the issue,its the car not accelerating above 240 mph in the draft.If you are iffy,take your fgt to like the wind and you wont be iffy anymore.
Have you ever gotten 270 online? If not, then it is likely my second suggestion.
 
Have you ever gotten 270 online? If not, then it is likely my second suggestion.
I dont think i have.I always knew it could reach 240 on its own but with draft,the machine seemed to have no limit.If what you suggest is true,offline is a complete joke.so much for a driving sim.
 
I dont think i have.I always knew it could reach 240 on its own but with draft,the machine seemed to have no limit.If what you suggest is true,offline is a complete joke.so much for a driving sim.

It's one of those "also a mass market game" compromises that drive those of us looking for a sim crazy. GT PSP had it to a degree that was way too obvious. As far as I can tell in GT5 it only affects you if you are in last or first. Or when I am in the middle of the pack I am too busy to notice.
 
Back