FGT makes me sick...

  • Thread starter Thread starter wutangben
  • 44 comments
  • 4,235 views
Messages
5
Messages
winterwarz
:sick:

Anyone else have this problem? After about 15-20 minutes of driving the Formula GT, I got nauseous, a bad headache, and feel like crap for the rest of the night... Thought it was just a coincidence until the second time it happened. Won't be driving that one again.

ugh..
 
Interesting, I had done 2 laps of Nurburgring in the X2010, after wolfing down 2 energy drinks...

Didn't feel good...
 
You may have a form of epilepsy. Or could just be motion sickness, some people are more susceptible to it than others. Try playing on a smaller TV.
 
Then I would recommend you skip the S. Vettel challenge.
 
Wait until they implement G-forces to video games.
 
yea it happens to me although not with the FGT. Mostly happens on snowy tracks for me.

But again very rarely maybe 1 or twice a month/
 
:sick:

Anyone else have this problem? After about 15-20 minutes of driving the Formula GT, I got nauseous, a bad headache, and feel like crap for the rest of the night... Thought it was just a coincidence until the second time it happened. Won't be driving that one again.

ugh..

Don't worry man, it just happened to a guy called Micheal Schumacher too. :dopey:
 
Wow, never even realized it did that to people. I drive the FGT and F2007 as my in-between races fun cars. I also enjoy the x2010.
I can see how it could how it could make a person sick though.
 
I just ran the laguna seca enduro with the X2010 no prob. I can see you getting sick to seeing such drastic movement and not feeling it. Kinda like reverse motion sickness.
 
The only adverse affects I had from playing was when I was doing an endurance and I had tunnel vision that was so bad that after I was finished and got up, my vision was a bit blurry for the rest of the day.
 
I just ran 550 laps in my X2010 at Tsukuba and I'm fine. I would think it's worse than the FGT.
 
Formula GT + the roundabout corner on Cape Ring = headache.
 
I don't get really sick, but I noticed that after a particularly intense race or a driving with a fast car, I have some troubles to fall asleep (if I was racing before the sleep...). It is weird
 
I read somewhere (years and years ago now) that if you overlay a grid pattern on your screen with string or tape or something, it can help motion sickness by reminding your brain you're not actually moving. Playing on a smaller screen can help too, I'd imagine. I felt a bit funny after switching from sitting a couple of feet away from a 22" screen to sitting roughly 6 feet away from a 58", I tried sitting back on the sofa instead to gain an extra foot or so of distance and got used to it.

I wonder if building up to the FGT would help? Like, run a series of cars that get progressively faster until you get to the FGT, i.e. a night with a Super GT, then, say, a Ford GT LM Spec II, Peugeot 908, 88C-V then the FGT.
 
Anyone else have this problem? After about 15-20 minutes of driving the Formula GT, I got nauseous, a bad headache, and feel like crap for the rest of the night...

No.
 
I an very susceptible to motion sickness in RL. 5 minutes in a back seat and I feel like barfing. I even get car sick when I'm driving on a twisty road. Even a car chase on TV or movie makes me queasy. But even in bumper cam view I don't feel it in GT5 regardless if how fast a car I'm driving. Weird. A lot of motion sickness is in your head...
 
I recommend you not to play. Have a snack or something, go outside. I used to have this problem when I first started playing FPS games, where (for a lack of a better word) "spinning" the character makes me get a headache and nauseous.
 
Stiff suspension + Nurburgring + bumper cam = blowing chunks. True story.
 
Watching other people play any first person games makes me feel the same way.

Whats happening is your eyes are giving your brain conflicting information when comparing what you see to what your vestibular system is telling your brain.

Read up on the vestibular system, it's actually very interesting.

Try Ginger, it helps with nausea.

Certain illegal drugs that shouldn't be illegal help with it. (Green stuff)

Also having a full stomach will help.

My mom can't actually play ANY video game, it makes her very nauseous.

The first few days I played COD I got super dizzy, but I got used to it and now I never stop. Muwahhaha.
 
I don't have anything like motion sickness, but the issue I had with the game is that there's something with the sound that really bothers me. It's nothing like nausea or other symptoms, just a ringing, a sense of pressure and a headache after a while.

I don't have it with any other games, and it could be the graphics/tv combo. I also have pretty accurate hearing and at one point worked as a mastering engineer, which exaggerates the issue.

So, between that and other things with the game, I just stopped playing after completing the races other than Formula GT (I never unlocked the Endurance mode).
 
I don't have this issue ingame or in real-life, although I start to get headaches if I play Ship Simulator for some odd reason:confused:
 
not had any issues of that nature with GT5 but have suffered from motion sickness in the past from long stints on FPS games :sick:
 
LOL. will one even be around for that is the question.

20 years ago, could you even comprehend something like the internet. Or 10 years ago, how about 3d technology in you home. Don't under estimate technology.
 
Watching other people play any first person games makes me feel the same way.

Whats happening is your eyes are giving your brain conflicting information when comparing what you see to what your vestibular system is telling your brain.

Read up on the vestibular system, it's actually very interesting.

Try Ginger, it helps with nausea.

Certain illegal drugs that shouldn't be illegal help with it. (Green stuff)
Also having a full stomach will help.

My mom can't actually play ANY video game, it makes her very nauseous.

The first few days I played COD I got super dizzy, but I got used to it and now I never stop. Muwahhaha.

👍👍👍
 
Driving the X2010 makes me sick, but I'm certain that's more 'sick with anger' than anything else :D
 
:sick:

Anyone else have this problem? After about 15-20 minutes of driving the Formula GT, I got nauseous, a bad headache, and feel like crap for the rest of the night... Thought it was just a coincidence until the second time it happened. Won't be driving that one again.

ugh..

Same thing used to happen to me whenever playing Castle Wolfenstein 15-20 years ago on the PC...when the PS3 version of the original game was released in the PSN for $4.99 last year I bought it just for fun - but felt the exact same way after playing!
 
1241Penguin
I recommend you not to play. Have a snack or something, go outside. I used to have this problem when I first started playing FPS games, where (for a lack of a better word) "spinning" the character makes me get a headache and nauseous.

Only game that did this to me was Quake 3 because of the frantic action. Happened after about 30 minutes. Nothing with driving games.
 
Damn, if i had motion sickness I don't know what I would do.. Driving is too much fun to get sick while doing it! Have you tried any gravol before racing or any other medicinals of that sort?
 
Take some dramamine? Don't have that problem myself, though.
 
Back