Votes: 14 40.0%
  • Tuesday 7GMT

Votes: 1 2.9%
  • Tuesday 8GMT

Votes: 4 11.4%
  • Tuesday 9GMT

Votes: 5 14.3%

• Total voters
Yes TDZ such a shame you had to go, you must be a fire man or something lol having to rush off like that.

I'm a relief driver at my company, I have to be at work within one hour of getting the call that I am needed, rare as rocking horse waste that I get called in for dayshift, only over the holiday season that it happens

I'm a relief driver at my company, I have to be at work within one hour of getting the call that I am needed, rare as rocking horse waste that I get called in for dayshift, only over the holiday season that it happens
Oh well, a shame. Look forward to seeing you testing cars for new series soon Dave.

Will anyone be on today / tonight in new series cars ?
If you are please us the community club lobby and be sure to read the regs re setting up the room.

Our first test race is at Rome, so i guess thats where we will all be heading for testing.

We are in the process of several new series changes - to make it easier and better for everyone.

One of these involves the start of the races.

We are proposing to do Qualy as normal.

When the race actually begins, there will be in effect a safety car 1st lap, a very gradual start to the race, just smoothly pulling away from the line, and gathering speed gently throughout the lap.
NO OVERTAKING
KEEPING 2 - 3 car lengths behind each other
SINGLE FILE
The lead car [ pole sitter ] will gradually bring the pack up to racing speed, and ONLY ACROSS the finish line will the racing start.

If during the 1st safety car lap, anyone is seen lagging - any driver can TYPE SC - he will not loose his position as others behind cannot overtake, this will then mean that the lead driver is aware there is a problem and will reduce speed right down - and a second safety car lap will take place until crossing the start line again, and ETC until we are all happy then the race will start across the finish line.

This will help in many ways.
The rooms are capped at 16 by POLY as that's the max data they can handle on the server per room.
At the start of a race there is so much sudden movement - position changes and speed / DATA / all of a sudden that lagging is something that will always happen when rooms are running max.

Starting a lap behind the safety car means there will be no 1st lap crashes.
There will be no delays - restarting the race re new room etc.
No one will be caused a problem by lagging car as it will smooth out over the first SC lap/s
Stewards will have a lot easier time of it as there should be no issues during that normally most hectic period.

During practice and practice races that i am sure many of us will have during the next few weeks leading up to the 1st official test, please try to observe these starting procedures, even if there is only 2 or 3 in the room, as if we are all familiar with it by the 1st official test race this will make life so much better for everyone.;

image.jpg

Hi guys,

For this last race i'll follow a bit of PJ's example! And give a bit of insight in my experiences..

- The championship

What a championship it has been.. Ever since race 1 it was clear Skeng, @aboe and myself were very balanced in terms of performance with respectively a Lexus, Subaru BRZ and my Silvergrey Mazda. So i was hoping for a nice battle all the way to the final race. Sadly Aboe had to leave the series so it was down to Skeng and myself. More and more people started joining after Logic's amazing recruiting skills which made it harder and harder to score good points with HP-penalties for Skeng and myself. The RX-7 might still have been fast, it was so annoyingly slow out of the corners with -20 and -30..
The last 2 tracks are 2 of my favourites. I was hoping to stay in front of Skeng during these to have some space in the standings towards Skeng and go relaxed to Le Mans. Amazingly Skeng won at Motegi coming back from 15th spot (performance of the season for me :) ) and i lost a place to Karsten in the final laps which meant i had to be at least 2 places in front of Skeng for the final race. Or win it with pole position and fastest lap, then Skeng even might have been 2nd.

On to the final race.. Le Mans really is my all time favourite track. I even was there the latest 24hours of Le Mans, an amazing experience! I decided to throw in some practice laps daily and calculate well the distance we would run. Unfortunately this was on the '13 layout and 2 hours before the race it became clear we were gonna race the 09-layout..:banghead: Started with 4.24s but it quickly went into the 22s if i can have fast laps on the limit (of which lap 6 during the race is a beautiful example!). I saw Skeng struggling during Free practice in the week so my hopes rose. I was scared of the Artas though cause having tested them they were about as fast. Knowing Vince as a very very capable driver he could ruin my chances.

- the championship qualy and race :bowdown: "Let it be"

Didnt have the best qualy but still managed to get pole with a 23,6. One goal down 2 to go..
Initially had the perfect 1st lap leading into the porsche curves, didnt really notice strange things behind cause i was so focused.. RESTART!:crazy:

The 2nd start didnt went perfect. Skeng was immediately up my rear, so i was defending fiercely.. Lil tab then another lil tab from chip, rear braking loose but still keeping it :embarrassed: Then 2 corners further i touch a bit of grass and go into a spin.. Nooooo.. Quickly pushed the pause button and must were able to pass through, except Vicars.. Sorry dude!
Turned around, got rid of the stress and started pushing like hell.. I quickly Caught up to the back of the pack, passing 3 people in the middle of the porsche curves (thanks for your fair racing Snake, Smiley and PJ i think). I had calculated we would do 21 laps cause there would still be about a minute spare after 20laps. Cause of my spin and losing time behind others this was only 14seconds.. But nonetheless my 2nd and last stint were as they should be and because of Vince's spin i think i managed to take the win. Would have been close otherwise!

It was an honor racing with you all cause this wouldnt mean anything without the fair, clean and competitive racing each one brought up! :cheers:

Special thanks to Team Mazda Silvergrey and all the drivers!
Very special thanks to Karsten, Logic and Skeng for all the efforts you put into this series! It really was worth it!:gtpflag:

Unfortunately i wont make next season cause i'll soon make the definit switch to pc. I would sincerely urge you all to make that switch as well, sooner or later. I'm always available for info and I will off course stay around and follow the next seasons!

Jona :lol:

Sadly I had to go to work and missed the event, well done to Jona, I doubt id have kept pace with you at the front, look forward to the replay, Karsten if you would like me to commentate with you again PM me,

I would love to, but i doubt i can record last race with xmas and all...

Talking about videos would you guys point me what were the most exciting parts or overtakes, crashes etc in The vids of this season? If i get some time in my ends i would like to create a kind of "trailer" for new season....

View attachment 278862

Unfortunately i wont make next season cause i'll soon make the definit switch to pc. I would sincerely urge you all to make that switch as well, sooner or later. I'm always available for info and I will off course stay around and follow the next seasons!

Sadly i got a 1/2 PS4 as gift so i guess my Pcars will be raced on that not PC... Gutted to see you go!

No Lovely picture from me - you guys are so good at presentation.
I felt sorry for Gueven, who left after a few laps, as he also did the week before, as when people type "Gueven is lagging", he leaves the room so not to spoil it for others, he has been on training for many many hours too over the last week, so thats a real shame, but hopefully our new starting system will sort that issue out.
I will keep posting that so its in everyone face, sorry about that guys but i do want it to be stuck to as mush as possible in training races as well.

I dont know where you guys got the speed from.
A huge huge Congratulations to Jona, who was dead last at one point, how you ever won that race is amazing.

For me i started 8th but dropped to 9th on First bend but was all ok, there was a bit of lag from a few cars around me, then i just missed Jona and hit Fili who had spun and was right in my path through the dust.
Then i was in a position that i know it would be a long long race with a slim chance to catch up, as my Lexus just drafts like a school bus at best, and there was noone in sight to draft anyway, but with a rather fed up frame of mind i continued and added a few stupid mistakes, my concentration was not the greatest, i blame my daughter for 2 spins as she was in and out of my room looking for sellotape and a pen, then she asked me a question ? - with my headphones on ? what was she thinking ? everyone has strict strict instructions " under no circumstances" to enter my home office room between 7pm and 9pm unless the house is alight, so all in all a couple of spins there.
Oddly when the race had finished, my wife asked how it went, i said not great 13th sadly, then telling here that our daughter came in asking and looking for things during the banned period !!!!!!!
She told me that my daughter had said to her "i dont think he is racing at the moment, his car is going looks to be spinning round and round on the grass. GRRRRRR. So a good thrashing for her, Joke she is 27 so thats not going to work either.

My only hope was some of you ran out of fuel, as i know this place has a trick up its sleeve for that, i extra lap 4 1/2 minutes is quite a lot of fuel, then saw PJ and Sken falling back at the end and passed poor PJ.

Just a great season guys, you are a great great bunch and i feel very warm and friendly towards you all.
I totally enjoy the training and virtual comradeship and open way we discuss things.

Well done to you all, sadly Jona our Champion is leaving, so we will make sure we get a slower drivers in to replace him.

Last edited:
Seems there's not going to be one... At least i'll be safe from serial cheaters and modders that plague and ruin most Pc online modes.

Talking about videos would you guys point me what were the most exciting parts or overtakes, crashes etc in The vids of this season? If i get some time in my ends i would like to create a kind of "trailer" for new season....

Lap 13 of LeMans from Mulsanne Corner to the end of the lap, myself and Flanked were side-by-side and switch backing all the way.

How is it going peeps? Had a good chrismas?

Thanks, for you all the same! Merry Christmas!

@Pubs16 nice gift you got there! Enjoy the new experience!

@azidahaka i just went through the first 5 videos you made to look for cool parts as you asked.

Race 1 fuji: start / minute 2 to 3 / 6min30 to 7min30 / begin min 8 nice spindrift
Race 2 silverstone: after the start there is plenty of cool images of the train of cars / 3min to 3min30
Race 3 Monza: start to 2min / begin 4min crash Jpw / 6min20 to 6min40 / 8min30 to 9min40
Race 4 Suzuka: start and afterwards plenty of cool images of the train of cars and at the end i have a spin
Race 5 RedbullRing: start to 3min30 / 6min30 crash Logic / 8min20 spins Tobias, Karsten and Aboe lol

Greetz

Happy go lucky you pubes. Nice girlfriend you have there, proberly also car intrested? I got a plastic tool cart, combined with a chair. Nice for when the sommer comes.
Yeah she loves cars dude! Quite a catch I think :P lol.
Ah sweet some r&r for you sounds good!
Thanks, for you all the same! Merry Christmas!

@Pubs16 nice gift you got there! Enjoy the new experience!

Nice 1 buddy

I will be boys, been waiting to get my own for so long now, controller just isn't enough to have those little extra/smoother etc inputs you need. I will be hard at work very soon to get used to the new feel ;).

I will be boys, been waiting to get my own for so long now, controller just isn't enough to have those little extra/smoother etc inputs you need. I will be hard at work very soon to get used to the new feel ;).

I had a G27 over when i did the gt academy, and if you like a fighting car u should put the force feedback to 10. Then its realy fun.:P

Good on you Pubes. It took me quoite a few hours to get back to the same speed as i was with the pad once i got a wheel.
But then gradually you just keep improving, and all the things that were very hard to do gradually become easier over time, catching the car when its starts to slide and just little things like that stop a lot of crashes and help lap time.
Whenj i first got it i struggled to do a lap, byut i found the best way is to get a car you know well and a track you know well and ppound around slowly until things start to feel familiar again.

Happy holiday's peeps hat 2 pull over last race christmas food delivery but I still didn't lose my place but wanted two race the last 1 so I was gutted looking forward to lexus

I had a G27 over when i did the gt academy, and if you like a fighting car u should put the force feedback to 10. Then its realy fun.:P
Sounds epic! I'm sure I'll be playing with the settings a bit to get to my liking ^_^

Good on you Pubes. It took me quoite a few hours to get back to the same speed as i was with the pad once i got a wheel.
But then gradually you just keep improving, and all the things that were very hard to do gradually become easier over time, catching the car when its starts to slide and just little things like that stop a lot of crashes and help lap time.
Whenj i first got it i struggled to do a lap, byut i found the best way is to get a car you know well and a track you know well and ppound around slowly until things start to feel familiar again.
I had no doubt this would take a bit to get used to, and you've backed that up! Just a natural adjustment to the physics of the game with different controls, it's not completely new to me, although that was GT5 I had a crack on a mate's rig.
That's exactly what I've been wanting it for! As obviously you all know lol, being able to catch slides for instances; tank slaps; to ease of the steering, throttle, brakes just a smidge. Just way more realistic simulation I have been looking for if I'm going to be racing with such standards through this community.
That's a good idea man thanks! Because I already well know how certain car would handle then it should be easy to adjust to my inputs. :)

Steering wheel is epic I never am not sitting in my rig if people like me can not aford one 4 what £500 mine toke about a month two get it sweet my seat was £10 Ford focus from slavge yard ST 180 the is an set ove draws from bedroom that was broken lol so it was 1 mouth + £10 or £500 it's a no brainer

View attachment 278862

Hi guys,

For this last race i'll follow a bit of PJ's example! And give a bit of insight in my experiences..

- The championship

What a championship it has been.. Ever since race 1 it was clear Skeng, @aboe and myself were very balanced in terms of performance with respectively a Lexus, Subaru BRZ and my Silvergrey Mazda. So i was hoping for a nice battle all the way to the final race. Sadly Aboe had to leave the series so it was down to Skeng and myself. More and more people started joining after Logic's amazing recruiting skills which made it harder and harder to score good points with HP-penalties for Skeng and myself. The RX-7 might still have been fast, it was so annoyingly slow out of the corners with -20 and -30..
The last 2 tracks are 2 of my favourites. I was hoping to stay in front of Skeng during these to have some space in the standings towards Skeng and go relaxed to Le Mans. Amazingly Skeng won at Motegi coming back from 15th spot (performance of the season for me :) ) and i lost a place to Karsten in the final laps which meant i had to be at least 2 places in front of Skeng for the final race. Or win it with pole position and fastest lap, then Skeng even might have been 2nd.

On to the final race.. Le Mans really is my all time favourite track. I even was there the latest 24hours of Le Mans, an amazing experience! I decided to throw in some practice laps daily and calculate well the distance we would run. Unfortunately this was on the '13 layout and 2 hours before the race it became clear we were gonna race the 09-layout..:banghead: Started with 4.24s but it quickly went into the 22s if i can have fast laps on the limit (of which lap 6 during the race is a beautiful example!). I saw Skeng struggling during Free practice in the week so my hopes rose. I was scared of the Artas though cause having tested them they were about as fast. Knowing Vince as a very very capable driver he could ruin my chances.

- the championship qualy and race :bowdown: "Let it be"

Didnt have the best qualy but still managed to get pole with a 23,6. One goal down 2 to go..
Initially had the perfect 1st lap leading into the porsche curves, didnt really notice strange things behind cause i was so focused.. RESTART!:crazy:

The 2nd start didnt went perfect. Skeng was immediately up my rear, so i was defending fiercely.. Lil tab then another lil tab from chip, rear braking loose but still keeping it :embarrassed: Then 2 corners further i touch a bit of grass and go into a spin.. Nooooo.. Quickly pushed the pause button and must were able to pass through, except Vicars.. Sorry dude!
Turned around, got rid of the stress and started pushing like hell.. I quickly Caught up to the back of the pack, passing 3 people in the middle of the porsche curves (thanks for your fair racing Snake, Smiley and PJ i think). I had calculated we would do 21 laps cause there would still be about a minute spare after 20laps. Cause of my spin and losing time behind others this was only 14seconds.. But nonetheless my 2nd and last stint were as they should be and because of Vince's spin i think i managed to take the win. Would have been close otherwise!

It was an honor racing with you all cause this wouldnt mean anything without the fair, clean and competitive racing each one brought up! :cheers:

Special thanks to Team Mazda Silvergrey and all the drivers!
Very special thanks to Karsten, Logic and Skeng for all the efforts you put into this series! It really was worth it!:gtpflag:

You will be missed all ways a pleasure two race you my friend c u again

Steering wheel is epic I never am not sitting in my rig if people like me can not aford one 4 what £500 mine toke about a month two get it sweet my seat was £10 Ford focus from slavge yard ST 180 the is an set ove draws from bedroom that was broken lol so it was 1 mouth + £10 or £500 it's a no brainer
Yeah yours is an awesome rig man! I got an alright setup! Used a little study desk we weren't using, it's a little high for my liking but it works! Just gotta shift the coffee table whenever I'm playing now haha.

And in the short time I had a little play last night with the mrs, I already took half a second off my best lap from the brands hatch race in my BRZ! Wow that was soo much easier haha, on DS3 I was absolutely ringing it out trying to get under 1:30

Back