Votes: 14 40.0%
  • Tuesday 7GMT

Votes: 1 2.9%
  • Tuesday 8GMT

Votes: 4 11.4%
  • Tuesday 9GMT

Votes: 5 14.3%

• Total voters
If no others confirm their presence we won't run Pre-Q and all confirmed will proceed to Main race

I am sure sportchip will want to race, and Roderunner is waiting as a reserve, so probably will have to.
I would wait until 5pm before we can make the final decision ?

I am sure sportchip will want to race, and Roderunner is waiting as a reserve, so probably will have to.
I would wait until 5pm before we can make the final decision ?

no offence to Tyson, but as he is a last round reserve, we should just keep to the remaining field, though if we have 17 though I'm at loss as to what to do...

no offence to Tyson, but as he is a last round reserve, we should just keep to the remaining field, though if we have 17 though I'm at loss as to what to do...

I can wait till the next season starts. :)
But if there is room, I'll race. Just need to know what car. :)

Monday 22nd Dec La Sarthe 2009 4 PM uk deadline reached
Current Driver Standings After Race 11 OF 12

---------------------------------------------------------------Drivers signed in

1..........Sken PSN: skengdigi---------------197----LOCK IN----yes
2..........Flank
PSN: Flanked----------------190----LOCK IN----yes
3..........Jona
PSN: GT-R-Jona--------------186----LOCK IN----yes
4..........Logic
PSN: Logicline---------------168----LOCK IN----yes
5..........Karsten
PSN: karsten_beoulve----160----LOCK IN----yes
6..........Vic
PSN: VICARSRACE 1------------127----LOCK IN----yes
7..........Fili
PSN: filipino1234----------------89----LOCK IN----yes
8..........GTHQ
PSN: GTHQ_davinci----------86----LOCK IN-----yes
9..........Smiley
PSN: SmileyWRX------------63----LOCK IN-----yes
10........Snake
PSN: snake1973-------------53----LOCK IN-----yes
11........TDZ
PSN: TDZ-4-12-14-88----------27----LOCK IN-----yes
12........kossu
PSN: W--__kossu--__--------26----LOCK IN-----yes

----------------------------------------------------------------------

13........Gueven
PSN: gueven-zappelt------14----PRE QUAL----yes
14........sport
PSN: sportchip_ie------------12----PRE QUAL----yes
15........PJ
PSN: PJTierney------------------11----PRE QUAL----yes
16........Ninja
PSN: NinjitsuEvolved----------8----PRE QUAL----yes
17........pubes
PSN: pubes16----------------6----PRE QUAL-----yes
18........OZ
PSN: ozwheels3------------------0----PRE QUAL-----yes
19........Roderuner
PSN: T-n-T-2000-------0-----PRE QUAL----yes
20........Pierce
PSN: jpw2623----------------22---PRE QUAL----NO

Reserve prequalifiers
Mab
PSN: M_A_B96--------------------------10----PRE QUAL----NO

Pre race room 1 open now in community lobby club id 1003049

Last edited:
Karsten -roaderuner is in- what car ? Mabs is not responding GARA and Jpw is always last minute man RX7

Can you let roderuner know please.

GH_GTP_S1_1.jpg

An eventful race with a dramatic finish.

Pre-Race:
  • Didn't run a single lap until Pre-Qualifying. LeMans is an easy track and I had plenty of time during the Pre-Qualifying to refine my braking points.
Pre-Qualifying:
  • Qualified fairly low, but was able to make up places right away. Briefly battled with @Gueven Art for a while before breaking free and ending up as fastest BRZ.
Race:
  • Qualified in 7th with a reasonable lap. Couldn't get much more out of the car.

• Stalled on the line as I false-started which kead to @azidahaka bumping into me, then spun before Tetre Rouge trying to catch up.
    Fortunately there were signifcant lag issues elsewhere so the race was re-started.

• Made a much better second time round and gained spots as @Jonathan777 and @ozwheels spun on Lap 1.
    Was sitting comfortably in 4th for a few laps before a stray wheel on the grass dropped me down a few spots.
    Had to battle @Jonathan777 for a while before eventually giving up the place and ran to the end of my first stint.

After I came out I was pretty close to @BAZZER and fended him off for a while, before we had a titanic scrap for all of Lap 13.
    He pitted soon after and I ran to the end of my stint, with about 28 minutes left on the clock.

By my calculations, there would be 6 laps left until the race ended so I fueled for that many, and gained about 6 seconds on @BAZZER in the process.
    From then on I simply ran to the end, but unfortunately the leaders had upped their pace, so much so that they put an extra lap on the clock.

I tried saving it by pitting on the last lap however the pitlane was closed, and I duly ran out of fuel on the Mulsanne Straight.
    I was 6th at the time, which could have been 4th as drivers ahead of me also ran out of fuel, but ended up 13th.

It's a shame that the effort I put in during the race wasn't rewarded with a good result, but these things happen.

[Driver Profile Updated]

Overall I enjoyed the season despite coming in late.
By not having any tuning there was a real "pick up and play" aspect to proceedings, which meant I could show up without doing any practice and still be competitive.
Next season should be fun too, should be able to make it to quite a few races.

Speaking of upcoming events, preparations are well underway for Really Rubbish Racing's 16th season.
It will be a Super GT500 series, with a range of Sprint and slightly longer races, along with an Endurance event at Suzuka.

Having raced with you guys for a while now I know that some of you would be a great fit for the club.
We could do with the numbers and it'd be great to have a full grid for next season, so if you're interested head on over to the forum and get involved :)

I guess there's no reason to wait for any particular stewarding since only the top positions mattered today

Results of Sarthe

jona
davinci
chip
flanked
snake
ozwheels
smiley
filipino
karsten
skeng
pubes
Logic
Pj
------LAPPED
Gavin
------DNF
ninjitsu

Pole Jona
Fastest lap jona

Standings *Non Drop Score corrected*

Jona 218
flanked 207
Skeng 205
LOGICLINE 174
karsten 169
Aboe 136
Gavin 127
GTDAVINCI 111
filipino 99
smiley 74
snake 68
chip 33
tdz 27
kossu 26
gignac 25
Jpw 22
canyon 21
PJ 16
pubes 15
gueven 14
oz 13
ekke 13
thegaz 10
MAB 10
ninjitsu evolved10
tobias 110 (BANNED)

Top standings after drop score

Jona 218 (-9 -0) 8th and Zero = 209

flanked 207 (-10-3) 8th and 14lapped = 197
Skeng 205 (-7 -7) 11th and 10DNF = 191
LOGICLINE 174 (-3 -6) 12th 14 DNF = 165
karsten 169 (-9 -8) 9th and 9th DNF = 152
Aboe 136 dropping 1 zeroes = 136

Jona is season 3 Champion, podium closes with flanked and Skeng.

Congratulation to all!

Results table:
AbvUvqo.png

I want to thank all the drivers that were involved and ina special way those that sticked for longer and allowed for an exciting full grid end of season.

Now just for the fun i'll add some "achievements" and personal considerations.

Achievements:

Always there (Flanked, Logic, Jona, Gavin, Skeng) for being basically always there all weeks

You car is too Fast/ You cheater LOL (rx7, jona flanked) for basically racketing almost all poles wins/ fastest laps

Gold Finger (flanked) driver with the Most win

If i started sooner (Da vinci) Had all it would have taken for fighting for the final win

Sticking to it (snake) Joined later but always there afterwards

Shiny rookie (kossu, chip, smiley) Joined later started slow got podiums right away!

Improving all the time (logicline) Driver that has shown the most improved pace along the season

BANNED (tobias) Managing to be the first banned driver ever in the serie

Useless averager (karsten) Longest podiumless streak of all drivers

One Off Show (gignac) joined for 1 race, got podium, went away

Thanks to all that partecipated, had patience with all the issues we had, and helped out to improve things. Thanks to those that took the bother to listen at my, and other driver's disappointment after fruitless, frustrating race. Thanks to those that attempted to pre-Qualify and couldn't get a spot but still sticked and tried again. Thanks for all that supported the serie with suggestions or factual help. More of all thanks @SkengD and @Stephen Vann for their help when i was 100% crestfallen, tired, disappointed for the initial low numbers and for the endless amount of bad/unlucky races i had.

Lastly thanks to all that watched the videos i put lots of sweat and swears into and to logic for sending me a substitute capture card when mine kicked the bucket. Without it there would be no vids at all!

And thanks for being a grid that was easy to manage, easy to steward, one of the most correct i saw in ages that basically had less troubles in a whole season of 90 mins races than i had in a couple races of other series :D

karsten

Well quite an eventful final race, although was quite lonely for me. Once you lose a pack on Le Mans there's no way to keep up with anyone who is able to draft down the back straights. I thought I had my strategy down pretty good but yet again it was my downfall essentially lol, could've placed as high as 9th with couple people in front out of fuel before me too.
I'm so glad I was able to get a clean race in, not ruining other people's day this time haha.

In conclusion, I very much still enjoyed my time with you guys in the last three rounds of the series, have already learnt a bit more about such competitive online racing, especially with such a large class of good drivers through the grid. Thank you to @azidahaka, @Stephen Vann and @SkengD for allowing me to join so late in the series :). It's given me a great taste to be so keen to join you guys full time in 2015, I can't wait to get back into it again with all of you. In the meantime I will be thoroughly getting to terms with the Lexus and pick up my tuning skills a bit more :).

Merry Christmas to all!

I guess there's no reason to wait for any particular stewarding since only the top positions mattered today

Results of Sarthe

jona
davinci
chip
flanked
snake
ozwheels
smiley
filipino
karsten
skeng
pubes
Logic
Pj
------LAPPED
Gavin
------DNF
ninjitsu

Pole Jona
Fastest lap jona

Standings *Non Drop Score corrected*

Jona 218
flanked 207
Skeng 205
LOGICLINE 174
karsten 169
Aboe 136
Gavin 127
GTDAVINCI 111
filipino 99
smiley 74
snake 68
chip 33
tdz 27
kossu 26
gignac 25
Jpw 22
canyon 21
PJ 16
pubes 15
gueven 14
oz 13
ekke 13
thegaz 10
MAB 10
ninjitsu evolved10
tobias 110 (BANNED)

Top standings after drop score

Jona 218 (-9 -0) 8th and Zero = 209

flanked 207 (-10-3) 8th and 14lapped = 197
Skeng 205 (-7 -7) 11th and 10DNF = 191
LOGICLINE 174 (-3 -6) 12th 14 DNF = 165
karsten 169 (-9 -8) 9th and 9th DNF = 152
Aboe 136 dropping 1 zeroes = 136

Jona is season 3 Champion, podium closes with flanked and Skeng.

Congratulation to all!

Results table:
AbvUvqo.png

I want to thank all the drivers that were involved and ina special way those that sticked for longer and allowed for an exciting full grid end of season.

Now just for the fun i'll add some "achievements" and personal considerations.

Achievements:

Always there (Flanked, Logic, Jona, Gavin, Skeng) for being basically always there all weeks

You car is too Fast/ You cheater LOL (rx7, jona flanked) for basically racketing almost all poles wins/ fastest laps

Gold Finger (flanked) driver with the Most win

If i started sooner (Da vinci) Had all it would have taken for fighting for the final win

Sticking to it (snake) Joined later but always there afterwards

Shiny rookie (kossu, chip, smiley) Joined later started slow got podiums right away!

Improving all the time (logicline) Driver that has shown the most improved pace along the season

BANNED (tobias) Managing to be the first banned driver ever in the serie

Useless averager (karsten) Longest podiumless streak of all drivers

One Off Show (gignac) joined for 1 race, got podium, went away

Thanks to all that partecipated, had patience with all the issues we had, and helped out to improve things. Thanks to those that took the bother to listen at my, and other driver's disappointment after fruitless, frustrating race. Thanks to those that attempted to pre-Qualify and couldn't get a spot but still sticked and tried again. Thanks for all that supported the serie with suggestions or factual help. More of all thanks @SkengD and @Stephen Vann for their help when i was 100% crestfallen, tired, disappointed for the initial low numbers and for the endless amount of bad/unlucky races i had.

Lastly thanks to all that watched the videos i put lots of sweat and swears into and to logic for sending me a substitute capture card when mine kicked the bucket. Without it there would be no vids at all!

And thanks for being a grid that was easy to manage, easy to steward, one of the most correct i saw in ages that basically had less troubles in a whole season of 90 mins races than i had in a couple races of other series :D

karsten
Three Cheers for Karsten for spending many hours making hours of fun for us
HIP HIP Hooray - thank you Karsten

Hello everybody,

The last race of the season was again a great race, I must say that the first start was a little bit chaotic as I did not understand what exactly happened, I saw cars spinning around all over the place, gueven that had the same lag issue as last time and destroyed the front of my car:ouch:…but even with that I made I thru and lost not to many time on the leaders group. But at the end the restart was a good call.

At the restart of the race I was able to mange to stay in P10 I think, i need to review the replay as I’ve not seen what happen to Logic, Karsten and Jona. As they were suddenly behind me. Prior to the race I calculated my strategy and was hoping on a 21 lap race, if the leaders were fast enough. Actually I must thank Jona, as he made it happen. I had some close battles with Simley and Filipino and that was fun.

Congratulations to Jona for winning the race and the Championship.👍

Your guys don’t know how much time I was looking to participate in a racing series. I’m so glad that I found it. I think that there are not much races were the level is so high and that rules and respect for each other is so followed. I would like to thank Karsten, Logic and Skeng (sorry if I forget others) for organizing such great event. I’m really looking out for next season.

A very merry Christmas to all of you :gtpflag:

Sadly I had to go to work and missed the event, well done to Jona, I doubt id have kept pace with you at the front, look forward to the replay, Karsten if you would like me to commentate with you again PM me,

Sadly I had to go to work and missed the event, well done to Jona, I doubt id have kept pace with you at the front, look forward to the replay, Karsten if you would like me to commentate with you again PM me,
Yes TDZ such a shame you had to go, you must be a fire man or something lol having to rush off like that.

Back