[FGTA][GT300][ENDURANCE]xChris is the Champion!Finished 

• Thread starter azidahaka
  • 2,179 comments
You'll love it. I suggest u start a career in the renault clio, it'll really teach you about ffb and game phisycs.

Cvan't wait to be home for learning snetterton... I hate it with passion lol

Just reporting in.
Pcars seems to have made things go a bit quiet here in this forum.

So at 4.30am this morning i drove to our local 24 hour Tesco and brought a ps4.
Downloaded the game.

And i have to say its very real.
Not as slick as gt6, or user friendly, but its pcars 1 so i guess they have a lot of catching up to do on that front.

it took me an age to get it to recognise my t500rs, and i still dont know what i did to get it working, but it does now, although there are so so many settings for it, but it works ok for now.

I have not been online to make a fool of myself yet, but have been running in the Single race formula rookie at brands gp circuit, 15 lap races all aids off - 29 other AI rookies at differing skill levels and AI skill level on 90%.

Its hard but very very realistic, and i have to say the whole thing feels slightly vaugue, but that maybe all the hours on gt6 that seems very precise.

The Ai is very very good, and as you would expect at rookie formula level they are all a bit eratic, but i manage to finish the race and often in the top 10.

I do believe there cant be an awful lot of difference between this and the reality.
Its just so raw and ragged, and opretty amazing.

Ive had around 6 hours driving so far today and gradually getting used to how the input relates to the car.

I will keep on tomorrow, and maybe have a spell online.

But although its very different from the silky smooth gt6, the rawness of it does bring more realism.

I will keep you updated.

Welcome to the club! l'm envious of your pcarsvtime... i'm barely 3 hours in due to gf and real life... i had a few laps in z4 gt3 then started carrer from the clio part. I managed to get a way greater understanding of game and ffb. The more you taste it the more you understand... Tires get overeat, if you mistreat them, different sidevof track have dramatically different grip, same fir cold tires and brakes... using engine downshift while braking matters. It's a new world and it's so more deep it can scare you.

POST IN OR OUT FOR MONDAYS RACE

-p--Total---Driver---Car--------Team
------Pts----Name---No---------Name
-1---152pts---xChris--Car 93--Mercurial Racing--car weight 1300 kg

-2---131pts---Agro--Car 19--Go-Fastaz Racing--car weight 1290 kg
-3---123pts---Sken--Car 66--Crazy Guys Racing--car weight 1280 kg
-4---100pts---Logic--Car 16--Panther Racing--car weight 1270 kg

-5----97pts---Pedro--Car 08--Lexus Racing Department--car weight 1260 jg
-6----96pts---Fili--Car 72--VF 1 Racing--car weight 1250 kg
-7----93pts---Pubes--Car 15--Scuderia Fronzini--car weight 1240 kg
-8----93pts---Karsten--Car 27--Scuderia Fronzini--car weight 1230 kg
-9----90pts---Snake--Car 73--Go-Fastaz Racing--car weight 1220 kg

10----85pts---Vic--Car 41--VF 1 Racing--car weight 1230 kg
11----75pts---Kossu--Car 10--Panther Racing--car weight 1200 kg
12----56pts---Karl--Car 21--Lexus Racing Dept--car weight 1230 kg
13----55pts---SRT--Car 26--SRT Racing--car weight 1165 kg
14----32pts---TnT--Car 67--Crazy Guys Racing--car weight 1160 kg
15----27pts---Cedbel--Car 88--Mercurial Racing--car weight 1155 kg

16----21pts---Flank--Car 77--Midori Motorsport----car weight 1230 kg
17----20pts---Gv--Car 13--SRT Racing--car weight 1230 kg
18----16pts---Seven--Car 07--Midori Motorsport----car weight 1230 kg
19-----7pts---Gueven--Car 46--Guest invitation--car weight 1150 kg
20-----6pts---AB--Car 22--Independent R3--car weight 1230 kg
21-----3pts---Gtrules--Car 99--Radial Racing--car weight 1230 kg

UPDATED WEATHER REPORT FOR week 12 Twin Ring Motegi road course

Due to bad weather at the circuit on Monday, the time, the Q and race weather has changed slightly........
Race starts at game time 14:00
2.98 miles Forward/weather & time variable

NEW UPDATED EVENT SETTINGS

NEW QUALY SETINGS
Weather at start 70%
Time 13:00
Time progression x1
Changeability x1
surface water at start 20%
Track will start at 20% and either dry out or climb through up to 40% or may climb to 25% and then dry by the end of the session - its a lottery

NEW RACE SETTINGS -
WET START - ALL CARS MUST START RACE ON INTERS OR WETS

Weather at start 50%
Time 14:00
Time progression x1
Changeability x7
surface water at start 100%
After tests this could mean the track will start very wet and be dry in around 15 minutes but offline and some places online can stay very wet for up to 25 minutes. It will rain again later in the race.

CLASSIFIED AS A WET RACE START -
ALL DRIVERS SHOULD START ON WET TYRES AS VERY VERY SLIPPERY ON PACE LAP.
ANY DRIVERS WHO DO SPIN ON PACE LAP GO TO BACK OF PACK.
DRIVERS CAN PIT AT THE END OF PACE LAP IF THET WISH TO.

Last edited:
Most definitely "IN". :)
I had good pace last week, except for not changing out of my inters to my softs on my first pit stop, put race hards on during next stop, didn't put enough fuel in on last stop, had to stop to get more fuel again and still didn't put in enough to get across the finish line on last lap.:lol:
I have it all corrected for tomorrow's race. :dopey:

Got even more update about pcars.
My wife has gone away to Monaco for 4 days, the reason i decided to get the game and ps4 as i have a good amount of uninterupted time to spend.
Had around 12 hours now, and i have won 3 races in the carear mode at 90% AI skill level.

I have only to report that as usual the lore time spent, the more i understand what my input results in.

The more played the more awsome it is i am afraid. I was secretly hoping it would not be as great as all the hyoe, but its probably better, and much harder in many respects, and much much more realistic also.
Still many things are not as slick and as easy to find out what you are doing as gt6, for instance, when the game start button appears - i must use the steering wheel to click x to start, otherwise the wheel wont work.
Also in game any typing has to be done on the controller as the wheel wont operate any text boxes that come up.
Likewise when i get a psn message only the controller seems the able to be used, so its a bot of a pain.

I had a race in a lobby that Snake set up earlier today, with 14 other bot Ai cars.
Raining at Monza, 7 lap Races - smooth as silk, rain as you may have seen in videos is awsome, and better still although slippy, there is a feel to it, it is like real life rain driving in rain and is immense, and not at all like gt6 handlindg in the wet which has always felt odd to me.

Downsides for me so far are not easy to use setup and race strategy menu, having to use the controller only when a text box appears or psn message comes in, and still quite vauge as to why my wheel will just turn to max right or left and stay there between menus sometimes, make it bloody awkward to go through menus with the wheel upside down.

Online joining Snakes game was done through message box in friends menu so was easy, alhough there seems to be no option for any messages in the lobby room, so you have to do that with the controller using the psn message system, which is a pain. But the reality of the driviong is very much the thing they have gone for and it really is there.

It seems you have to be a playstation network set up to be able to play online, but i do believe all you guys will be on pcars, as the realism of the races is hard to describe. Once you get through a little understanding of the menus and the way the car reacts, the actual racecraft required, the realism and feel and overall graphic quality really makes you feel you are racing for real.

In fact the career mode seems huge so even without going online.

My wife has gone away to Monaco for 4 days, the reason i decided to get the game and ps4 as i have a good amount of uninterupted time to spend.
Had around 12 hours now, and i have won 3 races in the carear mode at 90% AI skill level.

I have only to report that as usual the lore time spent, the more i understand what my input results in.

The more played the more awsome it is i am afraid. I was secretly hoping it would not be as great as all the hyoe, but its probably better, and much harder in many respects, and much much more realistic also.
Still many things are not as slick and as easy to find out what you are doing as gt6, for instance, when the game start button appears - i must use the steering wheel to click x to start, otherwise the wheel wont work.
Also in game any typing has to be done on the controller as the wheel wont operate any text boxes that come up.
Likewise when i get a psn message only the controller seems the able to be used, so its a bot of a pain.

I had a race in a lobby that Snake set up earlier today, with 14 other bot Ai cars.
Raining at Monza, 7 lap Races - smooth as silk, rain as you may have seen in videos is awsome, and better still although slippy, there is a feel to it, it is like real life rain driving in rain and is immense, and not at all like gt6 handlindg in the wet which has always felt odd to me.

Downsides for me so far are not easy to use setup and race strategy menu, having to use the controller only when a text box appears or psn message comes in, and still quite vauge as to why my wheel will just turn to max right or left and stay there between menus sometimes, make it bloody awkward to go through menus with the wheel upside down.

Online joining Snakes game was done through message box in friends menu so was easy, alhough there seems to be no option for any messages in the lobby room, so you have to do that with the controller using the psn message system, which is a pain. But the reality of the driviong is very much the thing they have gone for and it really is there.

It seems you have to be a playstation network set up to be able to play online, but i do believe all you guys will be on pcars, as the realism of the races is hard to describe. Once you get through a little understanding of the menus and the way the car reacts, the actual racecraft required, the realism and feel and overall graphic quality really makes you feel you are racing for real.

I've ordered the limited edition of pcars on ps4 so I should be on in the next few days. I'm ordering my wheel and pedals tonight as well but those may take a while to arrive :( So I'll be controller only for a while :/

I might switch on a psn+ account later today... so i'll give Pcars online a go i think.

Got the game and never had a decent amount of time to play it lol

POST IN OR OUT FOR MONDAYS RACE

-p--Total---Driver---Car--------Team
------Pts----Name---No---------Name
-1---152pts---xChris--Car 93--Mercurial Racing--car weight 1300 kg

-2---131pts---Agro--Car 19--Go-Fastaz Racing--car weight 1290 kg
-3---123pts---Sken--Car 66--Crazy Guys Racing--car weight 1280 kg
-4---100pts---Logic--Car 16--Panther Racing--car weight 1270 kg

-5----97pts---Pedro--Car 08--Lexus Racing Department--car weight 1260 jg
-6----96pts---Fili--Car 72--VF 1 Racing--car weight 1250 kg
-7----93pts---Pubes--Car 15--Scuderia Fronzini--car weight 1240 kg
-8----93pts---Karsten--Car 27--Scuderia Fronzini--car weight 1230 kg
-9----90pts---Snake--Car 73--Go-Fastaz Racing--car weight 1220 kg
10----85pts---Vic--Car 41--VF 1 Racing--car weight 1230 kg
11----75pts---Kossu--Car 10--Panther Racing--car weight 1200 kg
12----56pts---Karl--Car 21--Lexus Racing Dept--car weight 1230 kg
13----55pts---SRT--Car 26--SRT Racing--car weight 1165 kg
14----32pts---TnT--Car 67--Crazy Guys Racing--car weight 1160 kg
15----27pts---Cedbel--Car 88--Mercurial Racing--car weight 1155 kg
16----21pts---Flank--Car 77--Midori Motorsport----car weight 1230 kg
17----20pts---Gv--Car 13--SRT Racing--car weight 1230 kg
18----16pts---Seven--Car 07--Midori Motorsport----car weight 1230 kg
19-----7pts---Gueven--Car 46--Guest invitation--car weight 1150 kg
20-----6pts---AB--Car 22--Independent R3--car weight 1230 kg
21-----3pts---Gtrules--Car 99--Radial Racing--car weight 1230 kg

UPDATED WEATHER REPORT FOR week 12 Twin Ring Motegi road course

Due to bad weather at the circuit on Monday, the time, the Q and race weather has changed slightly........
Race starts at game time 14:00
2.98 miles Forward/weather & time variable

NEW UPDATED EVENT SETTINGS

NEW QUALY SETINGS
Weather at start 70%
Time 13:00
Time progression x1
Changeability x1
surface water at start 20%
Track will start at 20% and either dry out or climb through up to 40% or may climb to 25% and then dry by the end of the session - its a lottery

NEW RACE SETTINGS -
WET START - ALL CARS MUST START RACE ON INTERS OR WETS

Weather at start 50%
Time 14:00
Time progression x1
Changeability x3
surface water at start 100%
After tests this could mean the track will start very wet and be dry in around 15 minutes but offline and some places online can stay very wet for up to 25 minutes. It will rain again later in the race.

CLASSIFIED AS A WET RACE START -
ALL DRIVERS SHOULD START ON WET TYRES AS VERY VERY SLIPPERY ON PACE LAP.
ANY DRIVERS WHO DO SPIN ON PACE LAP GO TO BACK OF PACK.
DRIVERS CAN PIT AT THE END OF PACE LAP IF THET WISH TO.
in

So I had a good go myself today finally. A couple laps in the other night too when my mate first bought it. But today started my own career etc etc, only did a few races in Clio.

There's wayy too much to go over its just insane! But basically in terms of racing it is all that the hype has been in the lead up. It's a little difficult to get used to a controller straight up but once you get used to the steering and physics it's a hell lot of fun, I could only imagine what it'd be like with a wheel. The realism is insane with temperatures, tack conditions, the AI fighting back with you etc.
I love all the available views and the compete workings of the dash, the HUD providing live splits to everyone around you and your sector times relevant to your fastest. And the grids of 16+ cars!

The best thing I love in it is the career and realism of a "race weekend" providing all your sessions, points systems and the race engineer is a nice touch, almost gives you butterflies feeling like you're actually in the team.

The racing is better than GT in career but the simple layout of just being involved in race teams could die out. GT offers the chance to buy all the cars you want and essentially build them up for your climb through race diciplines as such and for me that's what will always be the key. So I hope that PD can take just some of these small things and implement them into GT7. Right now I'm kinda torn between the toy, definitely makes GT6 seem a bit old even though that's not an absolute case but it'll definitely provide a massive filler for fun in the wait for the next GT for me :).

So hereby my view of the game, I was pretty excited to have the game on Friday.

After the first 30 minutes I was still not driving I think, as there is just so much settings and parameters that you can change. There are just not enough buttons on the wheel to set everything you want and to calibrate the wheel. So that was already frustrating. So I decided to take the Megane rs 265 for a ride on Francorchamps, but kartsten advised us all ready that you need to first warmup the tires…what I not did.

So on my first eau rouge I was already in the wall….after a few laps it was already better.

Then I decided the start a career, from zero to Hero. OMG these kart races are really frustrating; I prefer them in real life. So that was then the end of day one….not so positive.:banghead:

Saturday I decided to give it another try, and did a rune with the BMW M1, BMW Z4 GT 3 and finally some time trails with the Zonda R at Monza…..OMG the sound, the track with 30 cars on it. Even 40 if you want. Then even if I know some tracks by heart, the handling, physics, throttle control and breaking points feel much more realistic and more difficult than on GT6. Forget the curbs they will only let you spin.

Put the fog, and sun that comes thru makes it incredible pretty. Then I’m not even talking over the rain or thunderstorms…:drool:

On Sunday, I was willing to give it another shot and was so glad that I saw that Logic who was also on PCARS.:gtpflag:

So we did a few small races with the GT 3 series ,between 5 and 10 laps each with the AI at 70%. Logic had two podiums and I one. But the weather is really awesome, you can put various weather slots ( up to 4), from clear sky, fog, rain, storm or even random

The game is really great, but form my view a litte bit to much options and tuning variables…even the pressure of the tires can be managed. Maybe I need to hire a pit engineer prior to start a race:D

So for the moment, we have Karsten, Logic, Cedbel (Wednesday) , Chris, Pubs,Snake and who is next??:dunce:

see you guys tonight.

You guys are making me want a ps4
You're going to want one very soon skeng :)

So hereby my view of the game, I was pretty excited to have the game on Friday.

After the first 30 minutes I was still not driving I think, as there is just so much settings and parameters that you can change. There are just not enough buttons on the wheel to set everything you want and to calibrate the wheel. So that was already frustrating. So I decided to take the Megane rs 265 for a ride on Francorchamps, but kartsten advised us all ready that you need to first warmup the tires…what I not did.

So on my first eau rouge I was already in the wall….after a few laps it was already better.

Then I decided the start a career, from zero to Hero. OMG these kart races are really frustrating; I prefer them in real life. So that was then the end of day one….not so positive.:banghead:

Saturday I decided to give it another try, and did a rune with the BMW M1, BMW Z4 GT 3 and finally some time trails with the Zonda R at Monza…..OMG the sound, the track with 30 cars on it. Even 40 if you want. Then even if I know some tracks by heart, the handling, physics, throttle control and breaking points feel much more realistic and more difficult than on GT6. Forget the curbs they will only let you spin.

Put the fog, and sun that comes thru makes it incredible pretty. Then I’m not even talking over the rain or thunderstorms…:drool:

On Sunday, I was willing to give it another shot and was so glad that I saw that Logic who was also on PCARS.:gtpflag:

So we did a few small races with the GT 3 series ,between 5 and 10 laps each with the AI at 70%. Logic had two podiums and I one. But the weather is really awesome, you can put various weather slots ( up to 4), from clear sky, fog, rain, storm or even random

The game is really great, but form my view a litte bit to much options and tuning variables…even the pressure of the tires can be managed. Maybe I need to hire a pit engineer prior to start a race:D

So for the moment, we have Karsten, Logic, Cedbel (Wednesday) , Chris, Pubs,Snake and who is next??:dunce:

see you guys tonight.
My preorder will be at Game Stop on Tuesday. :)

ROOM NOW OPEN

If we have issues, i will make a new room and retry, if that fails we will ask someone else to make a room.

If we have lag at the start of Qualy, it may go before the flying lap starts like it did last week.

Gueven dont leave if we have lag - it seems after 3/4 of the pace lap the lag dissapears, if we need to we will do a second pace lap.

image.jpg

image.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Incident between xChris93_ and AGROwer-Culture
Lap no 28

Pit lane entry

After an overtake I was side by side with Agro with Agro slightly ahead. Agro in my opinion aims car to the left to take next corner but notices I pit. So he reacts and swipes across to the right and brakes hard. I can't avoid and hit him as a result which forces me into the pit barrier and to spin me in the wrong direction. From the rules;

"Pit lane Entry
Make it quite clear by your position on track when you intend to enter the pits.
Hindering other cars at racing speed will be penalised harshly."

In my opinion this rule was broken and ruined my race as a result as there was no way I could react in time and he didn't make his pitting intentions obvious which caused an accident at racing speed. Agro took the following corner by beginning to turn left then turned right again. Which is not the natural racing line to take for pit entry and subsequently heavily lifted off the throttle. I'm not sure though so I would like the stewards to review it as it determined the outcome of the race.

Lap no 27

Sector 3, hairpin after final back straight

Agro outbrakes himself on the inside and hits the side of my car causing minor front right damage, however this was influential during the following lap when he managed to overtake me and previous incident to take place.

Incident between xChris93_ and T-n-T-2000
Lap no 29

Sector 3, hairpin before final back straight

When overtaking Tnt I gave him plenty of room on the inside, but he swiped into me causing severe front left damage for the following 15 mins of the stint. Which prevented me from fighting back for the lead which was already unlikely.

Last edited by a moderator:
INCIDENT 1 TO BE REVIEWED

Lap no 28

Pit lane entry

INCIDENT 2 TO BE REVIEWED

Lap no 27

Sector 3, hairpin after final back straight

INCIDENT 3 TO BE REVIEWED

Incident between xChris93_ and T-n-T-2000
Lap no 29