[FGTA][GT300][ENDURANCE]xChris is the Champion!Finished 

• Thread starter azidahaka
  • 2,179 comments
I have to say though, congrats to @cedbel. He drove a brilliant qualifying and race and it's been brilliant to see him and many other drivers in this series develop their talent.

Sorry for my complaining everyone, I'm happy with my 2nd place and I honestly don't mind losing. But only when it's fair and I do feel as if I was penalised a bit tonight from the above incidents. I was controlling my pace on lap 28 but it was completely ruined by that incident. So it's fair imo to ask the stewards to look at it. Don't judge me as a whiner... haha. But these sort of things could play a part in the championship which has been months of work which has been a lot of fun for all of us.

Well what I saw on the replay was you a half car length back when I was towards the right, heading to the pits.

image.jpg

And never did I react to you pitting. My strategy each and every pit stop I made was to be first to enter or wait another lap for pit lane to clear. I had 100% intention to pit that lap if I could pass you, or if I couldn't pass, wait another lap.

The other incident was my fault. I did outbrake myself but then pulled to the right and let you take back your position.

It's impossible to tell from that picture though mate, your car jerked to the left to take the corner then as soon as I took the pit entry line. You jerked back right again and braked heavily, your intention was not clear imo. I don't know though, let the stewards decide.

I know you let me past, but the body damage was already done :( and I struggled the following lap.

Well what I saw on the replay was you a half car length back when I was towards the right, heading to the pits.

View attachment 364686

And never did I react to you pitting. My strategy each and every pit stop I made was to be first to enter or wait another lap for pit lane to clear. I had 100% intention to pit that lap if I could pass you, or if I couldn't pass, wait another lap.

The other incident was my fault. I did outbrake myself but then pulled to the right and let you take back your position.

You can even slightly see in that picture that your car is pointing to the left and I'm to the right.

As Agro added a photo of his point of view here is mine with about 50m to go to pit lane and I've made my intention to pit. To me when driving, it looks like Agro is going to continue on and has taken the normal racing line and pointing to the corner. Whereas I'm on course to pit entrance, which makes it incredibly hard for me to react to the sudden change in Agro's direction and speed.

Attachments

• IMG_1697.JPG
    IMG_1697.JPG
    60.5 KB · Views: 13
  • IMG_1701.JPG
    IMG_1701.JPG
    72.5 KB · Views: 13
Last edited by a moderator:
I have quit the championship bye bye bye bye bye karsten he's been the reson why 11 good drivers have left well done and I will be telling everyone I meet I'm an FGTA REPRESENTATIVE caues I have read and agree to the rules and regulations that must be followed in my online racing career I know them be 4 karsten asked to be a FGTA championship karsten be for you say you're there your buddys cause we had a get together two or free days ago in memory of GAZ my real life friends didn't see you there buddy two all the over drivers I'll see you again bye

I have quit the championship bye bye bye bye bye karsten he's been the reson why 11 good drivers have left well done and I will be telling everyone I meet I'm an FGTA REPRESENTATIVE caues I have read and agree to the rules and regulations that must be followed in my online racing career I know them be 4 karsten asked to be a FGTA championship karsten be for you say you're there your buddys cause we had a get together two or free days ago in memory of GAZ my real life friends didn't see you there buddy two all the over drivers I'll see you again bye
You might want to stop using the text box in the middle of the race if you want to be a good rep then. Very distracting to everybody whose chosen to remain in a race, I wouldn't be impressed if it was a steward or rep...

As Agro added a photo of his point of view here is mine with about 50m to go to pit lane and I've made my intention to pit. To me when driving, it looks like Agro is going to continue on and has taken the normal racing line and pointing to the corner. Whereas I'm on course to pit entrance, which makes it incredibly hard for me to react to the sudden change in Agro's direction and speed.
I think you don't believe me when I say I already had intentions of pitting. I know all I saw was my path that I was heading and my blind spot indicators saying you were on the right, so I wasn't sure if you were right by me or behind me. So I took to the left a bit in case you were there. I was surprised when you hit me from behind.

The way I was catching you in that stint I figured you would need to pit earlier than me. Like I said before I knew I had to be ahead of you when I pitted. I reacted when I had a nose ahead of you after the penultimate corner and not when you thought I 'reacted'. Hell if I did react to that with you 5 meters behind like you describe, then that would be an incredible reaction by myself.

I would simply describe this incident as a misunderstanding and a racing incident that you misread in the moment. Unfortunately you did receive the raw end of that, but I can assure you that I would not wreck you intentionally.

Vic, i am afraid your are completely wrong in respect to the message you sent about Karsten making you crash.
In this case Karsten had closed up behind you, and you knew you were under pressure, and you outbraked yourself into the chicane at the end of the long straight.
Kasrten was in no way at fault, he was just behing you and waiting for you to make an error.

Then you decided to quit the race, and felt the need to message while we are all racing.
What is going on ? if you have left the series because you want to, that if fine.

Chris, i really want you two guys to leave it to the stewards- who can only look at impartially if you two guys stop taliking about it.

I'm clueless about all of this? ?_?

I had no contacts with other drivers or issues all race beside the rain :D Also sort yourself out for you might even be banned from GTP acting like this (let alone any serie i would ever organize :D )

BTW what is a "days ove thunder" ?

Got even more update about pcars.
My wife has gone away to Monaco for 4 days, the reason i decided to get the game and ps4 as i have a good amount of uninterupted time to spend.
Had around 12 hours now, and i have won 3 races in the carear mode at 90% AI skill level.

I have only to report that as usual the lore time spent, the more i understand what my input results in.

The more played the more awsome it is i am afraid. I was secretly hoping it would not be as great as all the hyoe, but its probably better, and much harder in many respects, and much much more realistic also.
Still many things are not as slick and as easy to find out what you are doing as gt6, for instance, when the game start button appears - i must use the steering wheel to click x to start, otherwise the wheel wont work.
Also in game any typing has to be done on the controller as the wheel wont operate any text boxes that come up.
Likewise when i get a psn message only the controller seems the able to be used, so its a bot of a pain.

I had a race in a lobby that Snake set up earlier today, with 14 other bot Ai cars.
Raining at Monza, 7 lap Races - smooth as silk, rain as you may have seen in videos is awsome, and better still although slippy, there is a feel to it, it is like real life rain driving in rain and is immense, and not at all like gt6 handlindg in the wet which has always felt odd to me.

Downsides for me so far are not easy to use setup and race strategy menu, having to use the controller only when a text box appears or psn message comes in, and still quite vauge as to why my wheel will just turn to max right or left and stay there between menus sometimes, make it bloody awkward to go through menus with the wheel upside down.

Online joining Snakes game was done through message box in friends menu so was easy, alhough there seems to be no option for any messages in the lobby room, so you have to do that with the controller using the psn message system, which is a pain. But the reality of the driviong is very much the thing they have gone for and it really is there.

It seems you have to be a playstation network set up to be able to play online, but i do believe all you guys will be on pcars, as the realism of the races is hard to describe. Once you get through a little understanding of the menus and the way the car reacts, the actual racecraft required, the realism and feel and overall graphic quality really makes you feel you are racing for real.

In fact the career mode seems huge so even without going online.

https://www.facebook.com/ThrustmasterOfficial/posts/678728555590164:0

Info on the wheel issue, should be fixed shortly, same wheel as me, and yes having yo use a pad to do things is annoying. Older wheel tho so won't ever fully work with the PS4 :(

Glad to see you'vr cracked and bought a PS4 and PCars, will have to run a lobby with a few of us soon.

:)

@azidahaka Days of Thunder is a Tom Cruise film about Nascar very good, you should watch it!

Last edited:
I got it it has a different name here it sounds like "roar of thunder" in italy :D

I think i saw it, not sure i want anyone to perform those manouvers on me on racetrack lol glad we do not race in ovals :D

We're drifting away from what is really to remember about this race...
that is my pole position in Q and my 5th place in the race :lol:

between cedbel and AGROwer-Culture
lap 12
pit entrance
got pushed out of line as i was slowing down and staying on the right side to enter pit

between cedbel and Skendigi
lap 3
turn 2

Guys, stop double posting, or I'll go hand out warnings. Use the edit button instead. Only make a new post if it contains important new information that needs an alert, I think only the organizer needs this from time to time.

INCIDENT 4 TO BE REVIEWED
lap 12
pit entrance

INCIDENT 5 TO BE REVIEWED
lap 3
turn 2

Guy's, just a quick post.
I have signed up as a premium member on Gtplanet.
I have done this as i find that it has been very very valuable for us in this series and will also be for future series, Gt6 Gt7 and Pcars.
The fee is only £9.00 uk money or $14.95 and helps the guys that develop and run it, i think its's a small price to pay for the benefits it gives us and a show of our appretiation to them.

Guy's, just a quick post.
I have signed up as a premium member on Gtplanet.
I have done this as i find that it has been very very valuable for us in this series and will also be for future series, Gt6 Gt7 and Pcars.
The fee is only £9.00 uk money or $14.95 and helps the guys that develop and run it, i think its's a small price to pay for the benefits it gives us and a show of our appretiation to them.
Logi how is this forum going to help gtp owners?

I feel like as if this forum is at war at the moment.

Lets have a post on the race.
For me it was a very exciting race.
I had my car set up for very wet conditions, as i really struggle generally when its above 60% wet track.
Everything was setup soft and ballast was as far forward as i could get it.

Qualy was not as good as i expected, but for me the focus is always on the race, as i have no real raw pace anyway, so finishing Q in 9th was fine, as we have a pace car start it never get's to violent when start.

The race - as expected a few pitted for RS at the end of the pace lap, that elevated me to 6th in a close battle with Pubs and vic and by lap 3 i was running 3rd.

At the end of lap 3 i pitted for Rs along with a few others and came out in 9th, with Vic close behind me.
I had some great battles along the way with Pubs, Vic, Karsten and Tnt, and it seemed there were good races between many of us.

It seemed the rain was not going to appear, but at last after an hour it started, and another 10 minutes the track started getting wet, and just as i was pitting for fuel i decided to keep with RS as it was only 1% wet at that time.

After 75 minutes the track went to 30% wet and it was time to pit to full Wets as it was getting wetter.

As i came out of the pits in last place i could see the guys on inters starting their slithering about, and quite a few offs, and gradually i worked my way up top 6th place and closing on Cedbel in 5th as we ran out the last lap.

I watched the replay in full, and watched all the great battles. i know many of you dont like the rain at all, and lost places near the end because of it, but really we only had 15 minutes of the race at over 50% in the end, so it was really nothing to complain about.

But for me a great race, and i really enjoyed it.

After we had a look at Midfield, the next venue, wow that is a fast track, but no rain.

Logi how is this forum going to help gtp owners?

I feel like as if this forum is at war at the moment.
Fili, if someone takes the time and effort to set up something that we can all use, and gain information from, then it is a benefit for us all.
It is completely free and we are lucky that there are people that take the time to create things with so much info that we can use at will.
I am only saying that for me it has been invaluable, as i knew nothing about online racing 16 months ago, and have ended up helping to run the series, which has almost all been done on this forum.

The war is between some drivers and nobody else, and i dont think its a war that will carry on.

At the end of the day, i feel happy to pay a small contribution that helps the future of the forum, and those that run and manage it, not everyone will feel the same way as i do, but it's a small show of appreciation.

Qualifying

I'm extremely bad at Gt6 ever changing track behaviour so i do not wonder i had a very bad result; i usually use more time to get used to a certain track condition than others so i had my best lap at last try with 40% water on track... 12th and disappointed for i actualy had a very good dry pace.

Race

Race started wet and went on for some laps with some off line spray, here i lost lot of time as usual and i lost a lot of other time after changing to RS for i did not trust the car enough... When i was sure all was well dry i started pushing and with longer stints and no mistakes coupled with some very good laps i managed to get back to top positions and actually if it didn't rain fight for 4th or 5th position. Managed to get through @Stephen Vann @Gavin Vickers @Pubs16 after his mistake, ecc ecc. If all was dry i would have been fighting last sting with @SkengD so all was looking good.

Then it started to rain, i noticed how incredibly fast water was bulding up on track waited one extra lap and went for heavy wets; perfect strategy that would have granted me a 20 seconds advantage over others but sadly my pace on 100% wetness was too bad and i just managed to bring home a disappointing 8th place topping pubs after his mistake...

Honestly i'm very disappointed for it was the first race i actually had a top 4 pace and could make tires last over 20 minutes with no efforts staying always in 47s or low 48... Also until the flooding i was fighting for 4th or 5th place that would have been my season's best.

Again my usual useless position and race, wasted my best chance since last 6 races or so. Not even helpful for team standings sadly let alone my seasons results.

image.jpg
Round 12 Twin Ring Motegi Road Course

Race Report

Qualifying:
Only had just woken up 15mins before quali so was surprised that I could warm up quickly and at least made the midpack :).

8th

Race: I feel I made a good start, making my way past Vic with Logic not far behind. Managed to start to pull away as the leader a little after majority of the field pitted lap 1 for slicks. I thought I'd play it safe and run at least 3 laps on Inters still as there was still quite a bit of spray on the racing line, before pitting finally for softs as the whole track was now completely dry.

Rejoining midpack again I started to try run my stints longer than the front runners to gain some time, working a treat but just pushed a lap too long and still too hard I think running slight light wide between turns 4 and 5 putting a wheel off in the grass and spinning, gained time lost.

Had some great battles with @RodeRuner1967 @Gueven Art and @Stephen Vann around me in stints. I must apologise @Stephen Vann for the bumps mate, didnt realise the difference in our grip levels as I had fresh tyres rejoining behind you at one point, then had TNT hot on my Trott as I was trying to get around you before he got around me lol, but a couple were a bit much that I really didn't intend, and backed off slightly to avoid that accordion effect mid corner, due to my mid corner grip being a bit higher.

Of course the rain finally came, I was hoping to god we may had made it though without any at all! But towards the end of my slick stint, before needing IM's @azidahaka had a bit of a spin in turn 10 just in front of me, I ALMOST made it through but his tail just tagging my left rear as I passed through, slight damage but luckily not far from pitlane and needed to pit anyway :).

A lap after fitting IM shoes on, I've come down the run to turn 9 and didn't expect to see @cedbel slowing a lot earlier than expected still on softs and by the time the spray cleared it was too late for me to take action. Giving him a whack in the back but luckily he stayed on track and was pitting for wets anyway, but I suffered heavy front damage and needed to pit again.

Looking back I probably should've just changed to full wets then, many many mistakes. Had some pace but I pushed too hard, had to pit for full wets and same thing happened with lots of spin outs ruining some gains on others.
Caught Logic Karsten and Snake with 12mins to go but lost it at turn 6 sweeper after a fumble trying to get past karsten at turn 5, had my speed slightly down so less aero and Gueven was spun ahead and kinda threw me off, basically followed him through lol.
Damage again into the right hand wall, pitted and almost considered throw in in the towel being in 11th, but stayed in it and managed to get back passed snake and Gueven after a couple of their mistakes. I had caught Karsten again and passed but spun AGAIN last lap so gave in and held onto 9th to finish my lap lol.

All in all I recovered okay considering how much offs I had in the last third of the race but honestly quite disappointed with myself as I felt this was my best chance in a wet race yet with the setup I had and liked. Although I'm just not being patient with the car enough still and trying to gain big time in the wet is impossible. Slowly learning lol.

9th

P.s. The room ran without a hitch at all!! That was amazing to have it work.

Congratulations to @cedbel for your first Pole and top 5 finish!! Looks like you really are finding your feet now you finally have proper control with a wheel over DS3 ;). And to the podium @GT_Vette (I think I read your first win in the season? Well done mate!) of course @xChris93_ and @SRT DK Racing :).

Looking fwd to midfield , new track even though it is an old track .

I havent driven it since it became available .

I have driven it a whole lot in gt4 and before that as well .

Stewards - i desperately need those of you who have not reviewed the 5 incidents to get results posted by tonight.
Drivers want to know their weights to train for Midfield.

NEWS
STEWARDS REVIEWS

Please understand guys, the stewards take a lot of time to look and watch replays over and over from different views at the reported incdents to ensure we can make what we see as a fair judgment.
You may not all agree with our decisions, but we are really looking to penalise intent and disregard for other drivers while trying to take an unsportsmanlike advantage.
We dont class mistakes and general racing incidents as these.

INCIDENT 1

Incident between xChris93_ and AGROwer-Culture
Lap no 28

Pit lane entry
It has been decided and voted upon by the stewards in as fair and unbiased way as possible.
Agro was ahead - it was up to Chris who was behind to ensure there was no contact.
The racing line and pit entry line both being almost similar until the racing line then turns to the left and pitting goes ahead.
The note about Agro's car pointing to the left or right slightly can only have been the result of correcting a slide and ensuring he kept off of the astro to the right, and in any case he was ahead and can point his car where he wishes to, also the responsiblity always lays with the car behind. There was no intent by Agro to cause any contact, and even if he did change his mind and want to pit, then as he was ahead he can decide to do that at the last minute if he wished.
The stewards can find no fault with Agro and see the contact as Chris's responsibilty. He suffered around 7 seconds delay after hitting the pit entry wall and that is penalty enough.

INCIDENT 2

Incident between xChris93_ and AGROwer-Culture
Lap no 27

Sector 3, hairpin after final back straight
Agro was at fault, but lifted and let Chris back through.
no further action.

INCIDENT 3

Incident between xChris93_ and T-n-T-2000
Lap no 29

Sector 3, hairpin before final back straight
No intent, just a racing incident.
no further action.

INCIDENT 4

lap 12
pit entrance
no further action.

INCIDENT 5
lap 3
turn 2

no further action.

The divers and team points will be updated tomorrow morning and posted.

Also please note, that after the race at Midfield on Monday, i will post and request all drivers to post
the 2 race results from the 13 rounds they want to drop before the final race of the season.
Just a reminder that DNFs DCs and NON ENTRIES are still race results.

Project Cars is unbelievable! Leaps and bounds above GT6, it's the best racing game I've ever played and I'm only using controller so far lol. We need a championship logic lol one make ginetta's or something would be amazing!
Yes i agree, its just so much more realistic in my eyes.

Karsten is already looking into the new setup, as almost all of our regular guys have got a ps4 and pcars already i am learning, gueven just got it as well yesterday.

It will take a while to get used to hoe its setup for online play to run smoothly, but i agree the game is awsome.

I think Karsten like the ide of GT3 , i said we should work our way up from formula rookie cars and gradually get faster as we get used to the new tracks, but we will see.

Project Cars is unbelievable! Leaps and bounds above GT6, it's the best racing game I've ever played and I'm only using controller so far lol. We need a championship logic lol one make ginetta's or something would be amazing!
Thank you for letting people know about how much better than gt6 and gt7 is looking in trouble lol

Yes i agree, its just so much more realistic in my eyes.

Karsten is already looking into the new setup, as almost all of our regular guys have got a ps4 and pcars already i am learning, gueven just got it as well yesterday.

It will take a while to get used to hoe its setup for online play to run smoothly, but i agree the game is awsome.

I think Karsten like the ide of GT3 , i said we should work our way up from formula rookie cars and gradually get faster as we get used to the new tracks, but we will see.

Yeah GT3 could be a lot of fun as well, the Ginetta's offer a good balance of performance with little tuning opportunities and the car's easy to drive. I love the RUF GT3 car as well, but the lobby settings are so much better than GT too. I was expecting this game to be brilliant, but not this good lol. GT7 will have to go a long way in my opinion.

Also in the end I agree with the pit lane accident decision, it was an accident and nothing intentional in it. Both of our tyres were low too. But therefore as you said Agro could change his mind last minute to pit if that was the case, in the rules it says that drivers should make pitting intention obvious to avoid accident. Is that rule being changed?

Vic, i am afraid your are completely wrong in respect to the message you sent about Karsten making you crash.
In this case Karsten had closed up behind you, and you knew you were under pressure, and you outbraked yourself into the chicane at the end of the long straight.
Kasrten was in no way at fault, he was just behing you and waiting for you to make an error.

Then you decided to quit the race, and felt the need to message while we are all racing.
What is going on ? if you have left the series because you want to, that if fine.

Chris, i really want you two guys to leave it to the stewards- who can only look at impartially if you two guys stop taliking about it.
He wasn't behind me he pulled out two my right and yes staying behind knowing I can't be sure if he will our not that's the problem but don't see eneyone else would stay the in behind at that point because that's how you do that unless you are waiting for him two go like you was hoping but replay know one can see that lol lol lol

Thank you for letting people know about how much better than gt6 and gt7 is looking in trouble lol
While I can agree PCars is amazing in a lot of ways. Not many flaws apart from the bugs that's I've read, which I have no issue with. I can't use a wheel so I haven't fallen as much in love as I could with a wheel but it is still amazing in sound, graphics and weather, race sessions.

But imo it's unfair to compare it to GT6 on inferior hardware now, PCars is in the new era and I suspect when PD bring GT7 to PS4 that they will do an amazing job also. PS3 actually held PD's plans back for what they wanted in GT6 so I expect big things coming to the newer console.

Edit: in terms of a series starting up on PCars, Mann I'd really love to get in on that but it's just not the same going back to controller :( lol

Something I found interesting, while yes the sound and water etc is amazing in the PCars side of the video, GT6 is not far off at all (so I applaud PD for producing this with their limits) and imo with PS4 at their disposal it will not take them much to get the same result, but it'll be GT with alllll of the cars ;).

Last edited:
Back