FGTA Motegi 1.5 Hours (GTP_Caine and Glen-Alz-81 class winners)Finished 

• Thread starter Brutaka
  • 213 comments

Should GT3 cars use RS and RM tires while Trophy use RM and RH tires?

• Yes; GT3 RS and RM

Votes: 4 26.7%
  • No; RM and RH for both classes

Votes: 11 73.3%
  • other; Specify

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
United States
Chicago
Brutaka_GT
downloadfile.jpeg

1-2-hours-png.156286

Introduction

FGTA Core Rules and Regulations

Event Countdown

This will be a 1 hour and 30 minute race around the Twin Ring Motegi full course. There will be two classes; the GT3 class and the Megane Trophy.

A 6 car minimum for this race must be met for it to continue on race day.

Date:
Friday June 13th
Time: 5pm CST (11pm GMT)
Host: :@:Brutaka
Co-Host(s): :@:merlinrichards
Recorder:
@Ameer67
Track
Twin Ring Motegi Road course
Timer:
90 minutes
Time: 18:00 to 19:30
Time Change: 1
Weather: TBD

Qualifying will be done in practice mode. The track will be reset at 5pm CST and the qualifier will begin for 10 minutes. The Actual race will begin at 5:10 CST

Race Settings

Penalty: None
Tire wear: Fast
Grip: Real
Minimum # of Pit stops: 2
Require type change: Yes
Both mandatory Pit stops must be done by the 1 hour mark. If a 3rd pit stop is needed after this mark, it is allowed
Mechanical damage
: light
Slipstream: Real
Tires: RM and RH (Inters and rain tires if needed)
The only aids available will be TC and ABS

Cars

Audi R8 LMS Ultra Team Phoenix

564 HP / 1380 kg / 604 PP

BMW Z4 GT3
575 HP / 1380 kg / 598 PP

Mercedes SLS AMG GT3
558 HP / 1380 kg / 607 PP

Nissan GTR GT3 (All 4 versions)
608 HP / 1380 kg / 621 PP

Renaultsport Megane Trophy (Both versions)
377 HP / 1000 kg / 514 PP

ALL RIGHTS RESVERD TO [FGTA]
Big thanks to the FGTA for sponsoring and helping out with this event!

Attachments

• Motegi 1.2 Hr.jpg
    Motegi 1.2 Hr.jpg
    59.1 KB · Views: 8
  • downloadfile.png
    downloadfile.png
    86.5 KB · Views: 8
Last edited:
Qualifying results
  1. GTP_Caine -GT class polesitter
  2. tenderly90
  3. Fegolinos00
  4. merlinrichards -Trophy class polesitter
  5. Glen-Alz-81
  6. Brutaka_GT
  7. cBcvaBch
  8. boy-wonder_2000 (Mechanical issue)

Race Results
  1. GTP_Caine - GT class winner
  2. tenderly90
  3. boy-wonder_2000
  4. Fegolinos
  5. Glen_Alz-81 -Trophy class winner
  6. merlinrichards
  7. Brutaka_GT
  8. cBcvaBch

Last edited:
Motegi 1.5hr Driver's briefing
Motegi Track Map.jpg

(Use this as a turn guide)​
Corners to watch
  • The combined 1st corner is a tricky one, it requires the driver to take both turns in a combined and fluid fashion in order to get the best time out of it, braking at the right spot is tricky as well, it sometimes varies between drivers. Overtake Opportunity= High
  • Turn's 2 and 3 are similar to the first corner, both of these corners must be taken in a "combined" way, as in the speed you carry into turn 3 is dictated by how good you made turn 2. This corner is very tricky as it can be misjudged as to how close you should brake into it. Overtake Opportunity= Medium but dangerous
  • Turn 8 may be a handful for some drivers who cannot get a controlled setup, going too far off the apex of this corner can cause a driver to lose more than a second, but if they fall off the track and into the sand, a large section of sand will await them. Getting out of this area takes quite a while and can possibly ruin a driver's race if done more than once. Overtake Opportunity= low
  • Turn 11 is the major braking point after the back straight, This is where overtaking will be at it's highest. Drivers can go, at max, 2-wide here. Braking correctly through this corner is essential, braking to early will cause a loss in seconds, braking to late will cause the driver going into the sand or spinning out. Overtaking Opportunity= High
  • The last two corners; 13 and 14, must be taken in a combined way, messing up turn 13 will cause you to mess up turn 14, going to slow can cause accidents with other drivers, while going to fast will cause a spin or getting trapped by sand. Overtaking is not recommended here at all, drivers should never go 2-wide on this combined section. Overtaking Opportunity= Low, not recommended.
Night Driving
Night driving basically makes every corner one to watch, make sure to pay extra close attention to where your car lies on the track because it will become very easy to misjudged where the track ends and the grass begins. The grass in Motegi is notoriously slippery because of the fast corners it has so spinning out from hitting them is quite common. The last 30 or so minutes of this race will be run at night so make sure to get some practice!

The Pits
  • Pit Entry is tricky at first. The pit entry is right ahead of turn 12, stay to the left of the green curb-thing and brake once you enter the small pit area, Do not go on the gas as the self-pit AI takes over your car, accidentally pressing the gas at the wrong moment can cause you to get a car setup that was not planned.
  • Pit Exit is simple, stay to the right of the track until the combine turn 1 is finished, Drivers who did not pit but see another driver coming out of the pit should sty to the left of the track until it is safe to pass, forcing the driver who pitted to move out of the way is not allowed.

Lapping Cars
  • (Taken Directly from the FGTA rules and regs) "When being lapped by a car in the same class as you, you are obliged to move over and let them through. You should do this at an appropriate moment and without making sudden movements. As the lapping car, you shouldn't force your way through, Be patient and give the car you are lapping time to move.......When being lapped by a car in a different class, you should maintain your normal racing line. It is the job of the lapping car to find a way past. Multi class racing requires a higher level of awareness and you need to stay alert."

Leaving the race
  • If there is an event in the real world that requires your attention please pull of to the side of the road or the pitlane and go into "ghost mode" in a safe location.
  • If there is a situation that requires your attention for an extended period of time but you still wish to finish the race, Pull into the pits and go into "ghost mode"
  • If there is a situation that requires your attention and you cannot finish the race; pull off to the side of the track or into the its, go into "Ghost mode," and write down 1 letter in the chat box, and then leave the event. Not doing this could make me come to the conclusion that either you disconnected or you rage quitted.
  • Rage Quitting from this race is not recommended, if you are found to have rage quitted, I may personally bar you from competing in any future events that I may hold.

Any other rules that you are still unsure about please ask me, @merlinrichards, or refer to the FGTA rules and regs. Happy Racing everyone!

Last edited:
Hey guys, I would like to take part in this event. Not sure what car yet but I will test them out and make my decision. PSN: TNR_LILBUDDY :cheers:

Last edited:
@gtpcaine I did notice that when I was trying to tune the plain LMS ultra and the Oreca LMS. I'll see what I can find.

Also I will add you two to the list in a few minutes 👍

Edit: Done. Check to make sure everything is correct.

Last edited:
Excuse the double post

NEW RULE!
I am taking out the car limitations, so now there can be more than two BMW Z4's if necessary, however, I still highly encourage the drivers to help make this as diverse of a feild as possible.

Also, all testing information and other important things will be posting on the 3rd post.

@gtpcaine I did notice that when I was trying to tune the plain LMS ultra and the Oreca LMS. I'll see what I can find.

Also I will add you two to the list in a few minutes 👍

Edit: Done. Check to make sure everything is correct.
Yeah, i think all 4 will need different specs. Definately at least 3, audi lms, plain lms ultra, lms ultra team phoenix. I should be ok to enter. I'll take the SLS, colour to follow.

I don't see the reason to needlessly spec other versions of the same car just so someone can have a different color for 1 race. Up to you though:tup:
Ok, for now I'll keep the Phoenix as the main Audi car, but if someone can provide me with a spec for the others then I'll add them in.

Hello everyone. Just a reminder that the test session is still planned to take place. It opens at 7pm CST. I plan to keep it open for about 2 hours but @merlinrichards can also host it longer if people need it.

Also, I had a little "accident" with my right thumb so I may not do any driving practice today but I will still be there to answer any questions. If my thumb does not heal by time the race starts, I will directly Steward the race and inform drivers of any problems on track that I see.

Hello everyone. Just a reminder that the test session is still planned to take place. It opens at 7pm CST. I plan to keep it open for about 2 hours but @merlinrichards can also host it longer if people need it.

Also, I had a little "accident" with my right thumb so I may not do any driving practice today but I will still be there to answer any questions. If my thumb does not heal by time the race starts, I will directly Steward the race and inform drivers of any problems on track that I see.
May not be there for that, but I will be there for the race;)

Sorry if I confused some people with the time. My timezone said -5 GMT last time i checked, It must be -6 again.

Edit:
Sorry about leaving so abruptly I had to leave my house to go do some things. My thumb restricted me from doing any driving testing. Hopefully I can start next week.

Last edited:
Back