[FGTA] multiple series and events, all details inside | Always welcoming new drivers and media staffOpen 

• Thread starter gtpcaine
  • 669 comments
I have been trying to add things to the OP, does anybody have any suggestions or ideas of what they would like to see on our OP?

I have been trying to add things to the OP, does anybody have any suggestions or ideas of what they would like to see on our OP?
I know it would take time, but I think we should have a very detailed rule book. Something that covers absolutely everything.

I know it would take time, but I think we should have a very detailed rule book. Something that covers absolutely everything.
That is in the making :D a general FGTA rule book and then a few different set's and type's of series specific regulations for race directors to use and of course the option to create your own series specific's that will then save to the same place as the rest of the series specific regulations ;)

No drivers feel there is any information missing from the OP (other than what is stated as incomplete)?

As always ideas and suggestions on how to improve the FGTA in any way are encouraged 👍

I have a racing team(series) in GT6. Can other teams join your one big group?
They will be able to once all pieces of the puzzle are in place, at the moment there is too much going on behind the scenes for anyone to have time to evaluate for new race directors.

Exactly what we are aiming for 👍

What sort of series do you run? How many drivers currently signed up?
My team is called Team AMS Racing GT6. It runs Endurance(LMP/GT3 Class) and Touring(GT2 Class). I have currently 4 drivers signed up. The attached .pdf is my team's banner, not logo. Please ignore the other pages :P

Attachments

• GT6.pdf
    548.6 KB · Views: 17
Still a little confused :confused: you say you are a team, this to me says you are a team of 4 drivers that race in various LMP and GT3 endurance series split into 1 or 2 teams depending on team size limits in the series? correct? Do you hot these series? The only thing I can see you hosting is the 1.5 hours of Le Mans, or is there more that I'm missing? :lol:

Still a little confused :confused: you say you are a team, this to me says you are a team of 4 drivers that race in various LMP and GT3 endurance series split into 1 or 2 teams depending on team size limits in the series? correct? Do you hot these series? The only thing I can see you hosting is the 1.5 hours of Le Mans, or is there more that I'm missing? :lol:

Oh im sorry. It makes sense to me. Im trying to say that my team is an endurance team and touring. I have two leaders for both. I am the Touring leader/Manager of whole team, and one of my friends/members is leader of the Endurance category. I can work some stuff out if it has to be able to fit your regulations :)

OK so you have a team of 4 drivers that split into 2 teams when necessary, think I got it now :D

so I would guess what you want is for your drivers to sign up to drive within future FGTA race series?

OK so you have a team of 4 drivers that split into 2 teams when necessary, think I got it now :D

so I would guess what you want is for your drivers to sign up to drive within future FGTA race series?

Well, its not two teams, but i can work out if it only needs to be one. Im leaning towards that. Id rather do Endurance than Touring. But its not official, ill get back with you tomorrow.

PS. You see the .pdf i attached?

Well, its not two teams, but i can work out if it only needs to be one. Im leaning towards that. Id rather do Endurance than Touring. But its not official, ill get back with you tomorrow.

PS. You see the .pdf i attached?
Basically, how this works is drivers sign up -- you are then free to enter any series we host. Any team events are then subject to the series' rules. Like for example, in WGTC, teams are for two drivers, in separate cars racing in the same event. One driver is classed as a PRO, the other is an AM. This is based on relative pace compared to the other drivers in the series. So providing that two of your 4 drivers are in the PRO class, you are welcome to enter your two teams of two.

Like Mike said, more details on general rules + regs are currently being worked out. We are still in the development phase of the governing body. We are aiming to be fully operational by the end of the current season in WGTC.

Well yea 1 team but can split into 2 :D

Only current team almost endurance series we have is the WGTC, these are GP length races and teams are made up of just 2 drivers (1 PRO 1 AM) so your drivers are welcome to join us for that.

Are your drivers close enough to race from 1 location? I.E. are you looking to sign up to the multi driver endurance series?

R.E. original series hots question, was you looking for the FGTA to govern over your Laguna Seca race?

Last edited:
Well yea 1 team but can split into 2 :D

Only current team almost endurance series we have is the WGTC, these are GP length races and teams are made up of just 2 drivers (1 PRO 1 AM) so your drivers are welcome to join us for that.

Are your drivers close enough to race from 1 location? I.E. are you looking to sign up to the multi driver endurance series?

R.E. original series hots question, was you looking for the FGTA to govern over your Laguna Seca race?

Well, do you have endurance racing criteria I can apply to my Leguna Seca race? Also, If you have seen the Patrick Dempsey Racing Le Mans series on TV, I kind of want to model my team after that. BMW is our "sponsor" as you saw in my logo .pdf, so I want the Z4 GT3 as our team's car and have two racers and two as a backup. Will that work?

No racing criteria in place at all really at the moment as @gtpcaine said above we are still in development stage.

My WGTC reg's might fit with small edits, we also have GT3 spec's and stewards (assuming they want to race in your race), that's about all we have to offer at the moment, a lot more is on the way over the coming months. The other thing we would ask is that we get to test the spec of your other cars (LPM, GT2, etc.) prior to you confirming their spec we may even be able to provide some help specing them up if any of us have time (might be difficult atm though).

WGTC entry with a BMW would not be possible as all the Z4's are taken, at this late stage we couldn't actually put all the drivers in the same team, have a look at the thread, links are in the OP if you guys just wish to race anyway regardless for now and get to know the drivers you are welcome to join, then you could team up again for next season ;).

Right now I am not too sure what is happening with the multi driver endurance series (if you were interested in that), I do know it will happen but maybe not by us.

My WGTC reg's might fit with small edits, we also have GT3 spec's and stewards (assuming they want to race in your race), that's about all we have to offer at the moment, a lot more is on the way over the coming months. The other thing we would ask is that we get to test the spec of your other cars (LPM, GT2, etc.) prior to you confirming their spec we may even be able to provide some help specing them up if any of us have time (might be difficult atm though).
Not sure if I would be allowed to since I'm not a steward, but I usually have some free time, and I'd be happy to help spec cars:tup:

Not sure if I would be allowed to since I'm not a steward, but I usually have some free time, and I'd be happy to help spec cars:tup:
Well as I know your car tuning and pace ability I don't see why not, once all official procedures are in place then they must obviously be followed... But with none of these in place it is a bit hard to follow :lol:

Would you be interested in racing in the race?

Only seen caine sign up so you could get a chance of proving your stewarding decisions ;)

Well as I know your car tuning and pace ability I don't see why not, once all official procedures are in place then they must obviously be followed... But with none of these in place it is a bit hard to follow :lol:

Would you be interested in racing in the race?

Only seen caine sign up so you could get a chance of proving your stewarding decisions ;)
I be signed up:dopey:

No racing criteria in place at all really at the moment as @gtpcaine said above we are still in development stage.

WGTC entry with a BMW would not be possible as all the Z4's are taken, at this late stage we couldn't actually put all the drivers in the same team, have a look at the thread, links are in the OP if you guys just wish to race anyway regardless for now and get to know the drivers you are welcome to join, then you could team up again for next season ;).

Right now I am not too sure what is happening with the multi driver endurance series (if you were interested in that), I do know it will happen but maybe not by us.

I really like this association! :) GT6 and the whole GT series deserves a real life racing association. Im not interested in multi driver racing, my PSN friends aren't even in FL. lol I thought about something, what about all of the GT6 endurance teams do one big race. Like in the real 24h of Le Mans. Lets say each team sends one of their best drivers for each category.(that would be 8 teams since the categories would be LMP and GT3) Just an idea:)

Ps. My completed team banner! in pic form. Sorry it's not clear :P
Screenshot (2).jpg

I thought about something, what about all of the GT6 endurance teams do one big race. Like in the real 24h of Le Mans. Lets say each team sends one of their best drivers for each category.(that would be 8 teams since the categories would be LMP and GT3) Just an idea:)
There is already the CORE N24 for a proper endurance, not sure if I am reading your above idea properly.

Anyway, you are already an FGTA driver as you are in Glen's BMW 10-10, if you wish for your other team drivers to sign up then by all means tag them in a post so they can watch the thread and await for news on any racing they or you all would like to race in 👍

Also did you want the FGTA's help with the Laguna Seca 1.5hr?

EDIT: it appears you have 2 FGTA stewards already signed up to race in your 1.5 hour race + Stiggy gives you a 3 steward panel and you as race director (how an FGTA race should be set up as for officials)

Last edited:
There is already the CORE N24 for a proper endurance, not sure if I am reading your above idea properly.

Anyway, you are already an FGTA driver as you are in Glen's BMW 10-10, if you wish for your other team drivers to sign up then by all means tag them in a post so they can watch the thread and await for news on any racing they or you all would like to race in 👍

Also did you want the FGTA's help with the Laguna Seca 1.5hr?

EDIT: it appears you have 2 FGTA stewards already signed up to race in your 1.5 hour race + Stiggy gives you a 3 steward panel and you as race director (how an FGTA race should be set up as for officials)

Yes I would like help with the Leguna Seca race. Alos, I would like to join. I can work out the bugs with my co-manager :)

ah if teams are signing up, can i chuck mine in?
I own Diesel Pig racing team. we race in BTCC with @CptMadBean and STCC with @CodDemon101 .am an independent in BMW 10-10 (for now)

Of course if your team members wish to sign up they are free to do so, drivers are not split into teams until they sign up to a series that requires teams to be formed :D

Yes I would like help with the Leguna Seca race. Alos, I would like to join. I can work out the bugs with my co-manager :)

OK no problem, tag your team mates in a post so they can see the thread and give it a read and then sign themselves up 👍

I am going out soon for Sunday dinner but when I get back this evening I will put everything we have so far into a private conversation for to to look over and get back to me with any edit's that need to be made. I will also include all the FGTA stewards that will be racing with you in the convo so they can see what is what 👍

Of course if your team members wish to sign up they are free to do so, drivers are not split into teams until they sign up to a series that requires teams to be formed :D

OK no problem, tag your team mates in a post so they can see the thread and give it a read and then sign themselves up 👍

I am going out soon for Sunday dinner but when I get back this evening I will put everything we have so far into a private conversation for to to look over and get back to me with any edit's that need to be made. I will also include all the FGTA stewards that will be racing with you in the convo so they can see what is what 👍

Sounds great!👍 When you were saying split the racers into teams, can my team be one of them? I mean like my name, different racers, but same team name.

Sounds great!👍 When you were saying split the racers into teams, can my team be one of them? I mean like my name, different racers, but same team name.
If you and your drivers are signed up to the same series you are free to team up as you wish and name said team(s) as you wish so long as you fit any team criteria within the series (I.E. 1 PRO & 1 AM would be needed for the WGTC) :D

Back