[FGTA - WGTC] [S2] Thanks for a great season! Merry Christmas everyone!Finished 

• Thread starter gtpcaine
  • 2,907 comments
Interesting race, had no grip in my first stint on softs then lost loads of time in the pits, fuelled up tyres on, and the car just sits there for what feels like an eternity before the pit crew let my car go, that happened for my first 2 stops...not sure if it had anything to do with pit entry speed or not but either way it dropped me out for a podium finish...good battle with stiggy over my last stint for a super close finish.

Interesting race, had no grip in my first stint on softs then lost loads of time in the pits, fuelled up tyres on, and the car just sits there for what feels like an eternity before the pit crew let my car go, that happened for my first 2 stops...not sure if it had anything to do with pit entry speed or not but either way it dropped me out for a podium finish...good battle with stiggy over my last stint for a super close finish.
Yeah that's for entering the pits too fast. I got 10 seconds in my first stop after going full blast in to the pits.

Massive they all were. going to count the seconds lost today. Cant believe i didnt even click on that it was pit entry causing it i just thought it was broken! Noob.

first 2 stops I reckon was 10secs each then maybe 1 more around 5 secs...I should have jumped merlin after the 1st stop but instead doubled the gap he was infront of me...not good but lesson learned..lol

I believe Monza was the last race for @Mini Stiggy and I for Ice Cold Racing. Race report was sent immediately after the race. Have fun at the Green Hell guys. :P It was a fun series, I might be back if it's convenient as stated before. Thanks to FGTA, @roberte, and @gtpcaine for a great series!
That's not the news I wanted to hear, need as many cars between me and @Phouchg as possible!

Last edited:
Probably being edited :)
Correct.
I believe Monza was the last race for @Mini Stiggy and I for Ice Cold Racing. Race report was sent immediately after the race. Have fun at the Green Hell guys. :P It was a fun series, I might be back if it's convenient as stated before. Thanks to FGTA, @roberte, and @gtpcaine for a great series!
Will be a shame to see you miss the finale. But thanks for joining, and we WILL see you next year! :lol:
Well then times should fall below 7'50 :P
For that I think you need a -25pp penalty... :lol:

Going to be a tense finish boyo ;)

edit: As much as I can work it out in my head I need to win and you finish 3rd or lower best case scenario.

Last edited:
Just to keep people in the loop. The data we have from Monza has been processed already, but we are still missing one or two race reports. If no-one has anything to add by 18:00 GMT tomorrow, the results will be posted. If you have incidents to report, but won't be able to review your replay by then, please let us know and we will delay the results.

Also, before the finale, I will post a detailed list of who can still win the various titles and what they need to do to achieve it.

Numbers have been a little low the past few races, and although we could potentially run in only one lobby for Nurb, I am going to keep the two classes split. I don't want a PRO driver messing up the AM title hunt, or vice versa.

Numbers have been a little low the past few races, and although we could potentially run in only one lobby for Nurb, I am going to keep the two classes split. I don't want a PRO driver messing up the AM title hunt, or vice versa.
Plus we'd have to work out a time that everyone can do, since they start at different times.

Round 8 -- Monza
Results and Race Report

hr.png

Qualifying
Qualifying was extremely close for pole in PRO, with 3 drivers being separated by only 0.150. AM was a little further spread out, but still some quick times.
The full list of qualifying results can be found HERE.
hr.png

Incident List - PRO

Driver: Nik_Makozi
Incident: Failure to meet Medium tyre useage time (49'02)
Result: +17 seconds added to race time (stop + 2s per minute)

hr.png

Incident List - AM
Driver: Roberte
Incident: Improper Pit Exit.
Lap: 27
Result: First warning for improper pit exit.

hr.png

Race results
HERE are the race results with times adjusted for the above penalties.

Congratulations to @gtpcaine, @Nik_Makozi and @merlinrichards for grabbing the podium places in PRO.
In AM we have @Phouchg, @roberte and @redbullrider20 taking the podium positions. Congratulations to you three.

Fastest laps were taken by @gtpcaine and @Phouchg. Phouchg taking a clean sweep of 37 points for the second time this season! So congratulations on those bonus points.

This means we now have the following PP penalties for the finale at Nurburgring:

PRO

@gtpcaine -- -7pp (602pp)
@RS__96__oO -- -3pp (589pp)
@Nik_Makozi -- -3pp (621pp)
@PASM -- -1pp (599pp)
@merlinrichards -- -1pp (604pp)

AM

@roberte -- -7pp (585pp)
@Phouchg -- -7pp (598pp)
@rono_thomas -- -3pp (584pp)
@HAMILTONR -- -1pp (604pp)
@redbullrider20 -- -1pp (613pp)

hr.png

Championship Standings
The full rundown on standings can be found HERE. In the bottom left corner you will see different tabs to view the respective tables.

A run down on who can win what will follow in the next few days.

I'll give it a go in a bit :) your taking this one seriously practising earlier, you've done the math then seems apart from pp pen you are in the strongest position all to lose ;)

Back