[FGTA - WGTC] [S2] Thanks for a great season! Merry Christmas everyone!Finished 

• Thread starter gtpcaine
  • 2,907 comments
I have a feeling this is gonna be tight.. from the rumours I've heard about ronos pace I'm either 2 seconds off or on pace now. :P 7pp is nothing mate.. 13 was a killer ;)

Championship Rundown

Listed below is a list of who can win what, and how they can do it. Starting with the PRO championship:

PRO

Mathematically, any of the top 6 could still take the title, RS, Caine, PASM, Merlin, Glen and Clarky. Realistically, its down to only 3 drivers, RS, Caine and PASM.

For RS to win:
  • If RS finishes 1st or 2nd.
  • If RS finishes 3rd and scores 1 or more bonus points, Caine can finish 1st, but he can score no bonus points.
  • If RS finishes 3rd and scores no bonus points, PASM can finish 1st, but may only score 1 bonus point.
  • If RS finishes 4th and scores no bonus points, Caine can finish 2nd, but he can score no bonus points.
  • If RS finishes 4th and scores 1 bonus point, Caine can finish 2nd, scoring the other bonus point.
  • If RS finishes 4th and scores no bonus points, PASM can finish 2nd scoring both bonus points.
  • If RS finishes 5th and scores 2 bonus points, Caine can finish 2nd.
  • If RS finishes 5th and scores no bonus points, Caine can finish 3rd scoring both bonus points.
  • If RS finishes 5th and scores 1 bonus point, PASM can finish 2nd.
  • If RS finishes 5th and scores no bonus points, PASM can finish 2nd, but he can score no bonus points.
  • If RS finishes 6th, Caine can finish 3rd scoring both bonus points.
  • If RS finishes 6th, PASM can finish 3rd scoring both bonus points.
  • If RS fails to score, Caine must finish 6th scoring no more than 1 bonus point or lower.
  • If RS fails to score, PASM must finish 5th scoring no bonus points.
For PASM to win:
  • Outscore Caine by 2 points.
  • Outscore RS by 15 points.
  • If PASM finishes 1st and scores 2 bonus points, RS can finish 3rd.
  • If PASM finishes 2nd and scores 2 bonus points, RS can finish 5th.
  • If PASM finishes 2nd and scores 1 bonus point, RS can finish 5th scoring no bonus points.
  • If PASM finishes 2nd and scores no bonus points, RS can finish 6th scoring only 1 bonus point.
  • If PASM finishes 3rd or 4th, RS must fail to score.
  • If PASM finishes 5th scoring 1 bonus point, RS must fail to score.
AM

Only the top 4 are still in mathematical contention, and any of the top 4 drivers have a realistic chance of taking the title.

For Niko to win:
  • If Niko finishes 1st, or 2nd with at least 1 bonus point.
  • If Niko finishes 3rd scoring no bonus points, Rono can finish 2nd but only take 1 bonus point.
  • If Niko finishes 3rd scoring 1 bonus point, Rono can finish 2nd.
  • If Niko finishes 4th scoring no bonus points, Rono can finish 3rd but only take 1 bonus point. Hamilton + Roberte must not win.
  • If Niko finishes 4th scoring 1 bonus point, Rono can finish 3rd and Hamilton + Roberte must not win.
  • If Niko finishes 5th, Rono must finish off the podium, Hamilton + Roberte must not win.
  • If Niko finishes 6th scoring 1 bonus point, Rono must finish off the podium, Hamilton + Roberte must not win.
  • If Niko finishes 6th scoring no bonus points, Rono must finish off the podium, Hamilton + Roberte must not win and can't score any bonus points.
For Rono to win:
  • If Rono finishes 1st with both bonus points.
  • If Rono finishes 2nd with both bonus points, Niko must not win.
  • If Rono finishes 2nd scoring no bonus points, Niko must finish off the podium.
  • If Rono finishes 3rd with both bonus points, Niko must finish off the podium, Hamilton + Roberte must not win.
  • If Rono finishes 3rd with 1 bonus point, Niko must finish 5th or lower, Hamilton + Roberte must not win.
For Hamilton/Roberte to win:
  • Outscore Niko by 17 points.
  • Outscore Rono by 10 points.
  • Outscore Hamilton/Roberte by 1 point.
  • If you finish 1st, Niko must finish off the podium and Rono must finish 3rd or lower.
  • If you finish 2nd, Niko must finish 7th or lower and Rono must finish off the podium.
-----------------------------------------------------------

The teams championship is still up for grabs. Mathematically the top 5 teams can still win, but realistically, only the top 4 have a chance. There are far too many possibilities to list, so you will have to do the maths yourselves.

Last edited:
Round #9 -- Germany

Nurburgring 24Hr

13/12/14

View attachment 268890

Weather:
40%
Weather Change: Fixed
Standing Water: 0%

Time: 12:00
Time Change: 12

Classifiable Time: 72 minutes
Medium Tyre Time: 50 minutes

Start Type: Rolling Start -- Double File

Special Notes: Due to the length of the lap, we won't be running a full formation lap. The race will start at the end of the GP Circuit on the first lap. See below for details. Also, to accommodate for longer laps, the timetable for qualifying has been slightly altered, see below for details.

Formation Point: The FP is the bridge after the Schumacher S on the GP Circuit.
fp_11.jpg

Acceleration Zone:
The AZ starts at the first white line on the back straight of the GP Circuit.
az_11.jpg

The AZ ends at the solid white line leading up to the final chicane of the GP Circuit.
az_11_2.jpg

Pole Sitter:
It is the job of the pole sitter to control the field at a sensible pace. You must also take the inside lane for the first corner once in formation. In this case, the left hand side of the track.
hr.png

Pit Entry - Impossible to get this wrong... unless you hit the wall!
pen_11.jpg

Pit Exit -
You must stay fully to the right of the solid white merger line until the very end as shown below.
pex_11.jpg

hr.png

Please make sure you have read through both sets of rules:

FGTA Core Rules and Regulations
WGTC Season 2 Series Specifics

Not being aware of a rule is not a valid excuse!
hr.png

AM Timetable

Room Opens:
17:30 GMT
Free Practice Ends: 18:10 GMT
Spec Checks: 18:10 GMT
Qualifying: 18:15 - 18:45 GMT
Grid Formation: 18:55 GMT
Race: 19:00 - 21:00 GMT
hr.png

PRO Timetable

Room Opens:
18:30 GMT
Free Practice Ends: 19:10 GMT
Spec Checks: 19:10 GMT
Qualifying: 19:15 - 19:45 GMT
Grid Formation: 19:55 GMT
Race: 20:00 - 22:00 GMT
hr.png

Please click HERE to confirm your status for the race.

I wish everyone the best of luck, thank-you for attending and may the best driver win!​

Well I would love to but sometimes life just have to go first. :) It's only been twice and have been big family occasions that couldn't be avoided, so I don't feel I have let anyone down by not racing all races. :cheers:

Sorry, but I am going to have to take a pass on the race tomorrow due to a conflict with the WRS Enduro support races. I thought I had it planned to do all...but no. It has been a pleasure to race with you guys this year and I am a much better driver by having competed in the WGTA .You guys run a great series. I'll see you on the Endurance Circuit.

Next, I am forming a driver crew to man an Endurance Team of disabled Americans and Canadians. Info below. If you are a 100% disabled civilian or 50% or greater Military, you are eligible. So far we have three potential drivers.

Edit: I am organizing a team of Disabled Drivers to participate in the Long Distance races put on by AJ. We need about 4 more guys who are 100 % disabled...either Civillian or Military...or any Military over 50 % Disabled. The Team made up of SNAILS ( if we can find enough) will be a sub-division of @Fallen_log s existing team or @miata13B s I'll Owe You one team. and will participate in all 2015 events,The event director/owner is receptive to this idea. If we can not find the necessary 6 drivers we will open it up to drivers over 60ish, or non North American drivers.We will run in the slower division so drivers of ALL experience levels will be welcome...and not overwhelmed.

Team name DART....Disabled Americans Racing Team.
Currently @Nail-27 , @euclid58 , and @Fallen_log are tentative drivers.
All you need to be able to do is two one hour stints in each race at a minimum. I am well aware of the physical toll long stints can reap on those of us who are "somewhat damaged" so we will shorten stints and use more drivers. Our goal is to participate at the highest level possible but the satisfaction from finishing an International Endurance Event is often satisfaction enough.

If you or , someone you know, is interested have them PM ME.

GTP Weekly Race Series Online Events |SNAIL Racing Series |
Edit

Back