[FGTA - WGTC] [S2] Thanks for a great season! Merry Christmas everyone!Finished 

• Thread starter gtpcaine
  • 2,907 comments
All set for tonights finale, with a little help from the Glasgow Menzies!
hotel.jpg

Where there's a will there's a way!:D

Good luck to everyone racing tonight and especially to those in a championship fight, shame I couldn't have been here to defend my S1 PRO title, but looking at those in the fight for the PRO title, it will be a pleasure to hand the title to a very deserving driver.

:gtpflag:

Bah, PS3 got too hot and shut down. Guess that's me done for this season then! Such a shame, good luck RS + Bart!

I signed up as not attending, and thought I posted saying I wouldn't be there, but looking back now, I guess I didn't. Sorry about that.

It was a Nail biting to the end Niko, I was sure you were going to get that point on the last lap, I messed up my fuel load ended up just pressing ok to fill the tank when I wanted minimum so had to push the tyres to lose some fuel and then I spun on the "outlap" and destroyed them, and then I only just set a fastest lap, sat there for four minutes waiting for you to finish, Its hard to drive thinking only of the next corner in a pressure filled environment like that. Thoroughly enjoyed racing all in the AM lobby and a big thanks to @rclark83 for helping me with setup when I was struggling as tuning isn't my strong point. Thanks to all FGTA members for making the series as fun as it has been ... till the next one .. 👍

Still hopeful that we've secured the teams champ though which would be absolutely massive. Huge thanks to Merlin for being a super team mate and finishing the season despite some real restricted time with GT for the latter half of it.

Will the points still stand for last nights race? Only 3 finished but me and pasm had a great race only 5 seconds between us. Great race :)
Haha yeah let's say last race doesn't count for points since only 4 finished ;) wouldn't be at all mean to rono..

I still think it would've been more fun merging pro and am for the last race. (Would've given me another hour for practice as well ;) )

Well done Rono! :D No. 1 :P

Sorry I left its better I did I had a torrid time, the strange thing was my soft tyres were worse than my RMs... a few places where the car felt good most of the time turned into undrivable areas it was very weird. Invisible bumps etc... :/

Anyway enough of the excuses...

A very well deserved win Rono you worked very hard for that and I am glad to have raced with such a good adversary. I hope we can have more chances to race in these type of races. But next time I will beat you lol :D

I would like to also say to all who competed thanks for making an exciting championship, its my first full event and I hope to have many more.

Caine thanks for your time and ability to give us all the opportunity to enjoy racing, yes sometimes it was a bit hard to accept certain
criticisms but we got over that and I hope we continue to have exciting racing.

Glen its a shame we
didn't have much time to test together I think this would have boosted our chances of outright dominance, perhaps? That being said many others were in the same boat. (Have a great holiday by the way! :D)

I look forward to seeing you all back on track very soon!

Have a very merry Christmas if I don't get to speak to you all before then :)

First of all, I want to say a huge thank-you to the staff behind the scenes so to speak: @Glenalz81, @merlinrichards, @Mini Stiggy, @P1K3Y_M1k3Y and @RS__96__oO for all your help and time in pre-season to spec the cars. It was a long process, which kept being delayed by changes in the physics. On the whole, the car specs were great, one or two cars could use a few minor tweaks, but we had 6 different cars taking the top spot on the podium, with only the BMW, Audi and Nissan missing out, but more so because no-one picked them. So well done guys.

I also want to send a big thanks to @roberte for taking on the role of hosting the AM lobby. It's much appreciated mate. 👍

Another thank-you, this time to the stewards: @Glenalz81, @merlinrichards, @Mini Stiggy, @Phouchg, @rono_thomas, @roberte and @Nail-27. Without the time and effort you guys have put in, this championship wouldn't have worked. So thank-you very much.

I wasn't planning on running this series, but Mikey had to pull out at the last minute so I stepped up and took over. It hasn't been easy, and has taken up a lot of my spare time, which came at the cost of race practice towards the start of the season. Work has been increasingly busy for me this year as well, which hasn't helped things, and moving house just over a month ago definitely interfered with my season. All in all, I am very gutted about how my season finished, but I do think the best drivers prevailed.

Some people might not like the success penalties, but it does help to ensure a closer fight in the title race. We have drivers of all different skill levels, its extremely hard to find committed drivers of equal pace to fight it out with. Even more so by the fact that the standard in both classes has been so high this season. PRO class in particular where it has usually only been tenths, sometimes hundredths and thousandths separating most of the field. The level of respect and skill I have seen this season has been outstanding. Any one of the drivers on the grid could have won a race, and all were a threat each time out. Up and down the grid, lessons have been learnt, and everyone has developed and improved as the season went on. And, as I'm sure others have had, its been great fun! AM was a little harder for some. There was a larger spread in the grid, but again, the main issue was the high pace. With so many fast drivers, it's extremely hard to draw a line and separate drivers. But, at the end of the day, there was still a close fight for the title coming into the final round, and you can't really ask for more.

It was disappointing to see the numbers drop away as the season progressed, but that is down to the strictness of the series. I do believe we have the toughest and most fiercely competed GT series on GTP. It isn't for everyone, and some fell to the wayside. Others had real-life commitments, or had dropped out of contention and had other series to focus on. But thank-you to everyone who stayed and committed for the season.

Anyway, enough about that. Onto the overall results. As there were so few finishers in both classes at the ring, we haven't done a full stewards report, party due to lack of replays in PRO and the fact that any incidents wouldn't really make a difference to the overall standings. So, there won't be a list of qualifying and race times. But, congratulations to @PASM for a spectacular pole time in PRO of 7'48.914 :bowdown:. Closely followed by @RS__96__oO a mere 0.747 behind! In AM we had @rono_thomas taking pole, again closely followed by @Phouchg. Congratulations to you all.

The podium places in PRO went to @PASM, @rclark83 and @merlinrichards with PASM taking the clean sweep and setting the fastest lap as well. In AM we had @rono_thomas, @Phouchg and @roberte on the podium, with Rono also taking a clean sweep. Well done to you 6.

So, onto the final championship standings.

Congratulations to @PASM for taking the PRO drivers title! Immense job all season, I thought you missing the opening two races would put you on the back foot, but you kept on pushing and done it in style at the ring. Excellent job mate.
@RS__96__oO finished second, unfortunately the ring wasn't kind to you this time, but still a stellar performance all season. Seen some amazing pace from you, but unlucky. We actually have a tie for 3rd place between @merlinrichards and @rclark83. Merlin takes 3rd place because he has a race win under his belt. But either way, congratulations to both of you. No stand-out performances, but good strong consistent running all season long.

Onto AM and we have @rono_thomas taking the title by 2 points from @Phouchg. Congratulations to both of you, either one would have been a worthy winner, how it was so close between you after the entire season is beyond me, but great to see! Just to enlighten everyone, (sorry to rub it in Niko) had Niko gone half a second faster in the race, or in quali to claim 1 bonus point, then Niko would have taken the title instead. 3rd place was taken by @roberte, a solid performance all season long, finishing on the podium 7 times in 8 races! You kept yourself in contention and a worthy runner up!

Ford had clinched the manufacturers title a few races ago, so again, congratulations to you four. 2nd and 3rd place were only separated by 3 points with Honda just pipping Lexus to 2nd place. Congratulations to those drivers.

Onto the teams championship now, and we have RIP Racing taking the top spot. Congratulations to @merlinrichards and @Phouchg! Once again we have a very close fight for 2nd and 3rd, this time only 1 point being the difference. So in 2nd place we have RR Performance! Well done @RS__96__oO and @roberte. 3rd place goes to VTec Racing, congratulations @rono_thomas and @rclark83.

------------------------------------------------------------------------
Over the next few weeks I will begin discussing next season and what we can do to improve things and make it more enjoyable for everyone involved. The initial aim is for next season to start around March time following the completion of the CORE N24. Before then though, I will be hosting a stock Renault Megane Trophy championship with the final round being part of the support program of the N24 with the round being live streamed around the world. The thread will be up within the next few days (hopefully) so if any of you are interested please sign up!

Again i want to thank everyone who entered this season, thank you for making it the best so far! I wish you all a very merry Christmas and new year! Have fun and stay safe! See you on track soon!

It was a great season gtpcain...sorry i missed last 2 series, my internet connection fail me and i don't wanna disturb others because the winner hasn't been decided until last round...let me known about next season... I will try to bring some of Indonesia's fastest drivers

Cheers

I would like to say a huge thank you to @gtpcaine and the rest of the FGTA organisers and testers for making this series happen and keep it running well even though real life got in the way a few times and the number of drivers seemed to have dropped off. I think the cars were matched quite well.

Congratulations @rono_thomas for winning the AM title and to the Ford guys and RIP Racing. It's a shame that we didn't see more Zonda's on track though ;)

I am really happy to get the title in PRO. I was definitely on the back foot after missing the first 2 events, but I was lucky that Ninners took away two victories from the regulars ;) But then again I had a good podium streak going on in the middle of the season :) I really enjoyed the challenge of the Nürburgring and I had an awesome battle with rcb in my first race at Indianapolis.

I would like to thank the organizers for an exceptional series and the competitors for excellent racing and tolerating my lack of pace. I have learned a great deal and plan to put my increased experience to work in the new GTP Endurance Series. I have formed a new team named DART (Disabled Antique Racing Team) made up of Drivers of any nationality who are 1) 100% disabled or, 2) 50% disabled Military Veterans or 3) Antique in age (over 55). We will make one exception and that will be that one very fast driver to make sure we get qualified. Lol.

We have two Franchises, one for GT LM, and one for GT-CUP and will be entered for all races except three, Daytona 24, Japan 12, and Spa 24.

Again thanks to all....and to PASM for providing the necessary encouragement and tuning the Zonda so that I could drive it LOL.

I would like to thank the organizers for an exceptional series and the competitors for excellent racing and tolerating my lack of pace. I have learned a great deal and plan to put my increased experience to work in the new GTP Endurance Series. I have formed a new team named DART (Disabled Antique Racing Team) made up of Drivers of any nationality who are 1) 100% disabled or, 2) 50% disabled Military Veterans or 3) Antique in age (over 55). We will make one exception and that will be that one very fast driver to make sure we get qualified. Lol.

We have two Franchises, one for GT LM, and one for GT-CUP and will be entered for all races except three, Daytona 24, Japan 12, and Spa 24.

Again thanks to all....and to PASM for providing the necessary encouragement and tuning the Zonda so that I could drive it LOL.
I want to say again a huge thanks to you for sticking to it. I found it hard enough when i was off the pace this season. You take it to another level and deserve a great deal of respect for it. Something im sure you will agree with, which i learnt from my army training: thr only thing standing in the way of your dreams is the effort to improve yourself.

Thanks to all and Merry Christmas to all!

Back