FH3 Windows 10 Thread

• Thread starter inCloud
  • 690 comments

On what platform will you play FH3?

• Total voters
I'd hate to say this, but Horizon is WAY better than The Crew. I'm racking up more hours on Horizon (over 50 now) and it's only been out for a few months. Let's see if I can beat my playtime from The Crew 192).

I'd hate to say this, but Horizon is WAY better than The Crew. I'm racking up more hours on Horizon (over 50 now) and it's only been out for a few months. Let's see if I can beat my playtime from The Crew 192).
Agree. That said, The Crew absolutely smokes FH3 for cruising.

Yea, my current system is way way below minimum specs
So the demo version is no help, if l do build a new PC my budget is going to be strained to get much over minimum specs
So l either risk it, or give up, that's why l need feedback from those who are playing it at minimum specs,

I'm running a gtx 760, i5 3470? (something like that) 8gb ram and a HDD. I can run the game at the lowest settings at 1080p 40fps but it's not stable, stutters and framerates dips quit alot. So I opt for 720p 40fps just to keep the framerates a bit more stable.

So I tried to startup FH3 and for some reason it's telling me there's an update... I haven't heard any news about a new update anywhere. Anyone else being forced to update?

I had an update yesterday. Don't know what it was for. Although, when messing with Blueprints I found the Ghurka as a car choice.

I'm running a gtx 760, i5 3470? (something like that) 8gb ram and a HDD. I can run the game at the lowest settings at 1080p 40fps but it's not stable, stutters and framerates dips quit alot. So I opt for 720p 40fps just to keep the framerates a bit more stable.
I basically have the same set up (but with an i5-4590). What's your CPU usage at when you're playing? When I tried the demo my usage was unusually low. Would you say the performance from the demo is similar to the game?

I basically have the same set up (but with an i5-4590). What's your CPU usage at when you're playing? When I tried the demo my usage was unusually low. Would you say the performance from the demo is similar to the game?

I'm not sure what my usage is, I'll have to check it next time, I also forgot to mention that I get a low video memory warning that pops up after 30-60 mins, after this pops up performance slowly degrades until I restart the game.

Depending on what build the demo is on, the full game had some performance increases for me after the first couple of updates so you would assume the demo would have the same but anything is possible with these guys...

So I tried to startup FH3 and for some reason it's telling me there's an update... I haven't heard any news about a new update anywhere. Anyone else being forced to update?
For me the update broke all simulated forces in the FFB, I was only getting vibrations. Tried restarting the game a few times, unplugging and replugging the wheel (this helped when I got the same symptom in Apex), but no luck getting it working in FH3.

I'm getting rather fed up with this. It appears that I can cope with the odd bug, graphical annoyances and the like without a problem, but take away my FFB and I get grumpy :)

I've always been grumpy with their FFB, IMO they've never done it justice, the game at launch was a brilliant example of how bad they are at it.

For me the update broke all simulated forces in the FFB, I was only getting vibrations. Tried restarting the game a few times, unplugging and replugging the wheel (this helped when I got the same symptom in Apex), but no luck getting it working in FH3.

I'm getting rather fed up with this. It appears that I can cope with the odd bug, graphical annoyances and the like without a problem, but take away my FFB and I get grumpy :)
This doesn't sound very promising. I was considering getting this game. I'll download the demo and test. But, does the demo represent what I get in the game now, with the new patches I mean? I.e. does the demo contain the latest patches?

Well this is new. Guess I'm back to not being able to play Horizon 3 again! :rolleyes:

Forza Horizon 3 11_21_2016 11_21_59 PM.png

Not able to sign into Forza Hub either, am signed into my xbox account.

Just grabbed it at 35% off, can't believe they are charging $110 NZD for it usually! Trust microsoft to be the only publisher selling PC games at console prices :lol:
You are not buying a PC only version of the game, you are buying the rights to download and install the PC and Xbox One game versions. Hence it being priced the same as on the Xbox store.

You are not buying a PC only version of the game, you are buying the rights to download and install the PC and Xbox One game versions. Hence it being priced the same as on the Xbox store.

Yeah I was thinking that must be why, oh well still happy that we get Forza on PC. Never owned an xbox so this is my first Forza title, awesome casual game to use with the controller.

I haven't played in a while, until yesterday. I think they finally fixed the game. Stuttering is almost completely gone, even after a long championship including Goliath. Surfer's still hesitates a bit, but it is barely noticeable.

Why the weird fps caps, by the way? 48-72-90(something). 48 actually feels a lot like 60fps. Or maybe it's my new 144Hz monitor fooling me?

I haven't played in a while, until yesterday. I think they finally fixed the game. Stuttering is almost completely gone, even after a long championship including Goliath. Surfer's still hesitates a bit, but it is barely noticeable.

Why the weird fps caps, by the way? 48-72-90(something). 48 actually feels a lot like 60fps. Or maybe it's my new 144Hz monitor fooling me?

Some games will use fractions of your refresh rate, so you have to change the refresh rate in the driver settings if you want to run 60fps with vsync. I'm running it at 72fps, it's not much more for the gpu to process but it actually looks significantly better than 60.

Some games will use fractions of your refresh rate, so you have to change the refresh rate in the driver settings if you want to run 60fps with vsync. I'm running it at 72fps, it's not much more for the gpu to process but it actually looks significantly better than 60.

It's ever since I got the 144hz monitor las week. I still feel it's running a lot smoother. Even on 48fps.

Sorry. I'm still learning a lot of things :lol: The refresh rate and that kind of thing is still a bit new to me.

Wow... Upgraded to a 1070 (from a 970) and added another 8gb of ram to my rig and the game runs pretty much the same. Although frame rates have been smoothened and now I'm able to bump up things like mirror reflections from Low to Med, turn windshield reflections, MSAA to 8x and activate FXAA without major impact, setting everything on High or even daring to set something on Ultra will make the problems appear again.

Game looks pretty even on High/Med, I can't complain, and locking on 72 seems to keep frames still. But you really need a Titan X or a 1080 to max this game out.

OOPS! DP. Sorry D:

Wow... Upgraded to a 1070 (from a 970) and added another 8gb of ram to my rig and the game runs pretty much the same. Although frame rates have been smoothened and now I'm able to bump up things like mirror reflections from Low to Med, turn windshield reflections, MSAA to 8x and activate FXAA without major impact, setting everything on High or even daring to set something on Ultra will make the problems appear again.

Game looks pretty even on High/Med, I can't complain, and locking on 72 seems to keep frames still. But you really need a Titan X or a 1080 to max this game out.

OOPS! DP. Sorry D:

I've been running FH3 at Medium Dynamic on a GTX 1050 Ti with 8GB RAM and it's a pretty solid 60fps, which I'm pretty surprised by.

I've not seen anyone mentioning it, but since the expansion update the advanced wheel functions now include two extras:

- minimum force
- understeer effect

These are very much "sim" concepts. Not done enough testing to really see what they do, but it's certainly a good sign.

Wanted to move the game out of my SSD to my HDD, but then I realized Microsoft doesn't allow you to move the game files over :ouch:

Wanted to move the game out of my SSD to my HDD, but then I realized Microsoft doesn't allow you to move the game files over :ouch:
You can move games, I moved FH3 from my system's SSD to my data SSD. I'm not at my computer, don't remember the exact steps.

You can move games, I moved FH3 from my system's SSD to my data SSD. I'm not at my computer, don't remember the exact steps.

You mean All Settings --> System --> Storage
There you will see the Save Locations. "New app will save to:", Choose your game drive.

Not sure if changing it now auto moves everything or causes any issues.

Back