FIA Events '18 - World Finals Monaco Finished! Congrats to Team Lexus and Igor Fraga for Brazil!

• Thread starter Wardez
  • 2,544 comments
Language, @Aderrrm :lol:

I think we might have to give a warning for the largest profanity ever yelled on a 30-foot high screen by a GTP member.

(understandable though)

Before I give my thoughts on the whole event I just have to say so many people told me about this it was hilarious. :lol:

Oh well, I'd been on a different rig to the rest of weekend going into the final races and the brake mod was set up totally different and I couldn't get used to it all. Happy to come away with 2nd. :)👍

Just thought I chime in on how exceptional these events are becoming:

There is no one in the eSports racing sector who comes close the GT FIA competitions. From the commentating, media presentation and graphics, coordination, event venues and support from fans. It seems like there were 5k viewers watching on youtube this time round. The thing that really sells this stuff is how good the racing has been. Combined with everything else, this could become a really big thing for PD in the future.

Looked like Gr3 was operating on an updated BoP so I'm really excited to check that out next patch, there were some cars with a noticeable advantage still but it was close enough, I was happy 👍
On the draw issue, I have the slight impression Fuvaros got a bad hand. Audi R8 and then the Beetle (with a new BoP probably).
The BoP tables that Kaz posted on twitter suggest that Group 3 was running the same BoP as the current retail build. Aside from potential physics tweaks, I think this just comes down to cars being better or worse than we think, or drivers not being fully up to speed.

Now the N500 BoP, that's something that PD should stop trying to make work because they don't have nearly enough data to make it balanced like Group 3 mostly is. These were the tables they used, for reference;

Aston Martin DB11: 85% power/100% weight
Audi R8: 110% power/100% weight
BMW M4: 107% power/100% weight
Ferrari 458: 81% power/114% weight
Jaguar F-Type: 91% power/100% weight
Lamborghini Diablo: 82% power/113% weight
Maserati Gran Turismo: 536hp/1780kg (new car)
McLaren F1: 71% power/130% weight
Mercedes-Benz AMG: 96% power/112% weight
Porsche 911: 126% power/111% weight

An attempt was made to make the McLaren F1 work within this class, but it was seemingly this races equivalent of the pre-nerf Megane Trophy. Despite all attempts to bring it in line, it bolted clear.

Last edited:
Thanks for all the kind comments regarding the event - it was great fun as ever. Made a few errors on my part, including saying the World Final is in Las Vegas when I actually meant to say the Americas final, so apologies if that caused any confusion.

I won’t be at either as it turns out due to clashes, but I know if EMEA was anything to go by that it’ll be mega!

The BoP tables that Kaz posted on twitter suggest that Group 3 was running the same BoP as the current retail build. Aside from potential physics tweaks, I think this just comes down to cars being better or worse than we think, or drivers not being fully up to speed.

Now the N500 BoP, that's something that PD should stop trying to make work because they don't have nearly enough data to make it balanced like Group 3 mostly is. These were the tables they used, for reference;

Aston Martin DB11: 85% power/100% weight
Audi R8: 110% power/100% weight
BMW M4: 107% power/100% weight
Ferrari 458: 81% power/114% weight
Jaguar F-Type: 91% power/100% weight
Lamborghini Diablo: 82% power/113% weight
Maserati Gran Turismo: 536hp/1780kg (new car)
McLaren F1: 71% power/130% weight
Mercedes-Benz AMG: 96% power/112% weight
Porsche 911: 126% power/111% weight

An attempt was made to make the McLaren F1 work within this class, but it was seemingly this races equivalent of the pre-nerf Megane Trophy. Despite all attempts to bring it in line, it bolted clear.

I wonder why PD averted the inclusion of the overpowering 911 GT3 '08 that Kokubun thrashed everyone with during the regionals.

Anyway, does anyone got a ballpark date on when the World Final is taking place? The first weekend of November seems to be a bit too rushed if we're having the Americas final on the Wednesday and Thursday before it.

My lawyers have said I can only share two pictures from the afterparty.

Myself and Jimmy had a ‘shirt-off’

4FE784F8-938A-4408-9377-CDEF1A637A6E.jpeg

We thought about hitchhiking, but perhaps not...

AEA70535-B320-4578-B266-AF740031A194.jpeg

@Tom you are a legend, in all ways haha - shame you can't make the US and worlds!

Racing E-sports has such a bright future. Love these events.
(inc. the Forza one btw, looking forward to today's conclusion!)

I have got used to the Tom & Jimmy (Jerry ;)) partnership very quickly, very engaging, shame Tom won't be there for the Americas but I can see another year of FIA and some world tour events next year the way this is going!

I've received confirmation that the Manufacturers World Finals will indeed be a 1 day event, a bit disappointing honestly but hopefully we still get a good 4 or 5 hours on stream, looking forward to it nevertheless, we know we won't get stuck in N class cars at least :lol:

The World Finals invites already went out to the Asian Manufacturer finalists ;)

I've received confirmation that the Manufacturers World Finals will indeed be a 1 day event, a bit disappointing honestly but hopefully we still get a good 4 or 5 hours on stream, looking forward to it nevertheless, we know we won't get stuck in N class cars at least :lol:

The World Finals invites already went out to the Asian Manufacturer finalists ;)
That should set things to come! Did you get that from GSN-san?

I want the world finals to be bigger than the regionals, with at least one extra race in Nations and a good mix of sprint and long races. Having just 2 races then a final long one seems a bit short but I appreciate it is a lot to organise and intense for the drivers so whatever makes for the best racing. I just want more!

Can't wait for it! Hopefully i'll get to watch if i'm not busy with work abroad :(

First time I’ve watched one of these events and I must say I’m very impressed. It’s just so much slicker than than the iRacing event that contained a mix of ‘real life pro’ and gaming drivers I saw about a year ago. The venue was classy, the presenters were naturals and the English commentary was really good as well.

The bits where they awkwardly cut to the other countries commentary wasn’t really needed. And if they are insistent on keeping it they should keep it to a quick replay.

The racing was brilliant as well, so many great moves and consistent action on the track. Hirzal was a very deserving winner as not only did he prove himself the quickest driver but also the smartest in terms of tyre choice. I was cursing when I saw Mangano had put himself on the hard tyres for the start of the double points race. To me it was clear he needed to start on the softs, lead from the front and put pressure on Hirzal that way.

First time I’ve watched one of these events and I must say I’m very impressed. It’s just so much slicker than than the iRacing event that contained a mix of ‘real life pro’ and gaming drivers I saw about a year ago. The venue was classy, the presenters were naturals and the English commentary was really good as well.

The bits where they awkwardly cut to the other countries commentary wasn’t really needed. And if they are insistent on keeping it they should keep it to a quick replay.

The racing was brilliant as well, so many great moves and consistent action on the track. Hirzal was a very deserving winner as not only did he prove himself the quickest driver but also the smartest in terms of tyre choice. I was cursing when I saw Mangano had put himself on the hard tyres for the start of the double points race. To me it was clear he needed to start on the softs, lead from the front and put pressure on Hirzal that way.

GT also has a huge advantage because the replay angles are spetacular,it's a joy to watch the camera go around the cars in fun ways,the composition of the shots,the lighting it immediatly stands out from other broadcasts.

Wow, Ferrari boss singling out GT as a competitor to F1.

Maurizio Arrivabene: F1 must fight for attention in 'PlayStation' era

“Our competitor today, in my opinion, it’s my personal opinion, they are the Playstations,” he said, referring to video games and eSports.

“If you look at Gran Turismo, most probably we need to switch our minds and focus our attention on our competitors.

“Today we have a broad offer of entertainment and we need to look at everything, not only certain sports and try to equalise everything.

“Is PlayStation a competitor? In my opinion yes. What do you have to do to beat the PlayStation? You have to do something that is more interesting, most probably.

Great job by everyone involved, can see it only getting bigger and better. 👍

Did I see translator-san without a pen and a memo in this page's pictures somewhere? :odd:

Oh the weekend's event was epic! Thanks Kaz and everybody who made it possible! Unbelieveable virtual racing!

Back