FIA Events '18 - World Finals Monaco Finished! Congrats to Team Lexus and Igor Fraga for Brazil!

• Thread starter Wardez
  • 2,544 comments

Wardez

Not Hotdog
Staff Emeritus
United States
Las Vegas UTC-8
Wardez
Wardez
DlellxT.jpg

World Finals Stream Companion Cast!

World Final Streams & Info

Day Zero Qualifying Results (alternate version Red Bull x2014 @ Circuit De La Sarthe):
https://www.gtplanet.net/forum/thre...ld-finals-monaco.381719/page-57#post-12542067

The overall qualifier determines the grid order for Nations' Cup Semi-Final Races, Repechage race, and Final race #1. It also determines car picking order.

Schedule brief:
- Day '0' Overall Qualifier
- Day 1 (Nov. 16th) Nations' Cup Semi-Finals and Repechage
- Day 2 Manufacturers' Finals
- Day 3 Nations' Cup Final

Overview:
https://www.gran-turismo.com/us/gtsport/world_final2018/day1/#structure

Nations' Cup Semi-Finals:
h ttps://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1oiJbRmcQcw

Manufacturers' Final:
h ttps://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Qnu04wVDQ80

Nations' Cup Final:
h ttps://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GIEEAtuJxVs

Regionals

Americas Streams & Info

GT Website Americas Regionals Overview:
https://www.gran-turismo.com/us/gtsport/americas_final2018/

Finals:
h ttps://www.youtube.com/watch?v=32bU8GSLvwI

EMEA Streams & Info
World Finalist Selection Match:
h ttps://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JBDBZ6j-sOM

Tidgney regionals race report vlog:
h ttps://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JzlfNWpqJ04

& write up:
https://www.gtplanet.net/forum/thre...-baby-october-31.381719/page-37#post-12516192

Asia/Oceania Streams

Countdown live links for the English broadcast of the Asia/Oceania regional finals -
World Finalist Selection Match:

h ttps://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mDq3k2vW7nk

Nations Cup Regional Final

h ttps://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6SJhHIaIm2M

Manufacturers Exhibition Battle

h ttps://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lCDa-l2_LFQ

Thanks @Auditore

World Tour 2018 -
World Tour Salzburg, Austria Stream:

Made this thread in order to specifically discuss FIA Finals and World Tour details and speculation.

Last edited:
I've got to be honest with myself. The only reason I'm going to Toyko is because of the country cap and because Asia-Oceania is a smaller region. I'm no alien. I am an A+ driver but I can't quite break into the top-tier. But for me it doesn't matter what happens next month, because I've already accomplished everything I aimed to achieve in this FIA championship cycle.

And hey, there's always a chance right? Maybe, just maybe, something like this happens;
ZDgXmVu.gif

I've got to be honest with myself. The only reason I'm going to Toyko is because of the country cap and because Asia-Oceania is a smaller region. I'm no alien. I am an A+ driver but I can't quite break into the top-tier. But for me it doesn't matter what happens next month, because I've already accomplished everything I aimed to achieve in this FIA championship cycle.

And hey, there's always a chance right? Maybe, just maybe, something like this happens;
ZDgXmVu.gif
Same here but had to tank my DR to finish just behind you in 11th so hopefully I can still get in after "ineligibles" get ruled out. Got the invite to register yesterday too but not counting any chickens yet. My plan was always to Bradbury into the world's if i made the regionals

ZDgXmVu.gif
Don't sell yourself short mate :) looking at both your stats and final results you're well within being an alien to me :D

Same here but had to tank my DR
Don't let that fool you into thinking you don't deserve to go to Tokyo. Kyzzaa and Adam did the exact same thing, and I was likewise in split two for the first half of the season (my scores from rounds 4 and 5 coming from down there). And had I known that 51k DR would still place me in top split for round 9, I would probably have tanked myself.

I've been trying to brainstorm ideas on how to stop DR tanking for a while, and may post a thread in the near future outlining a proposed solution that I end up arriving at.

Ultimately you all deserve to go and look forward to seeing you there!

It's all about having fun and just trying to stay clean, and like you guys have said, being there to do a Bradbury if need be haha!

Seeing the entry list makes me quite mad at myself.

PD has selected three drivers from Austria. This must have been to boost the number of local drivers because two of them are not that fast(no offence).

The disappointing thing for me is that I did win season 1 in Austria and then stopped competing because I got my ass kicked in the top lobbies. If I had stayed on with it there would have been a chance to get in. Probably my only chance ever.

I guess this is a good lesson to never give up. You never know what the future holds.
And btw I’m happy for everyone that got in.

Last edited:
Anyone in the Americas Region got their email yet? I think I have a slight chance of making it if A+ Drivers aren’t counted

In the Star Player Registration for the Americas. Could be different for Europe.

The confirmation emails I receive from PD often come fairly late in the day, and I got my confirmation to N24 the day after everyone else for some reason. Wouldn't worry too much until others start receiving emails and you haven't 👍

The confirmation emails I receive from PD often come fairly late in the day, and I got my confirmation to N24 the day after everyone else for some reason. Wouldn't worry too much until others start receiving emails and you haven't 👍
Yeah I just want to know because based off of S Rated Drivers I made T10 in the US and finished 24th in the Region (Excluding A+ Drivers). While at the same time they could count those drivers and I’ll be out even through they’re unregistered. I don’t know what they’re going to do but I’ll be happy with whatever result. I just want it to be over with.

A+ Drivers are counted.
From what I read, in order to qualify for the Live Events you need to be registered as a Star Player. By the way it was written I got the feeling that they’re counting entrants (Registered Players) only.

I don’t have a problem with the A+ guys making it through. They made their way through merit and beating a whole lot of S Rated guys (myself included).

From what I read, in order to qualify for the Live Events you need to be registered as a Star Player. By the way it was written I got the feeling that they’re counting entrants (Registered Players) only.

I don’t have a problem with the A+ guys making it through. They made their way through merit and beating a whole lot of S Rated guys (myself included).
I had asked Wardez about this a couple weeks ago and he had confirmed that A+ counts, or else he wouldn’t have spent the time competing this season. Technically the only condition states that you must be 18. It never specifically states that if you are not S you cannot compete.

I had asked Wardez about this a couple weeks ago and he had confirmed that A+ counts, or else he wouldn’t have spent the time competing this season. Technically the only condition states that you must be 18. It never specifically states that if you are not S you cannot compete.
This what I found

Attachments

• C391E976-D5D1-4632-AD74-32F0711817C0.jpeg
    C391E976-D5D1-4632-AD74-32F0711817C0.jpeg
    71.5 KB · Views: 75
I’ve yet to see anything stating you’re excluded if you’re not S.
Where is that from?

Because the way I see it is that registering as a Star Player counts as like your registration for live events. That registration would be the Terms and Conditions stated in your picture.

Maybe PD anticipated no A+ would qualify because the Top 24 races would hand the S guys enough points and didn't realise there'd be guys qualifying still because it's top 30 not 24, these are the same guys who did a DR based Top 24 whilst surely knowing there was about 6 Brits at their DR cap and had to chose them randomly :lol:

This what I found
Also looking at that picture in context, S rating “opens the path” to live events. Without S rating, wouldn’t that mean the path isn’t open?

I’m trying to decrypt this because there’s no clarification on their part. There’s no “what if an A+ Qualifies” scenario

Where is that from?

Because the way I see it is that registering as a Star Player counts as like your registration for live events. That registration would be the Terms and Conditions stated in your picture.
I don’t see the selections excluding A+ in these terms.

Attachments

• 52EEFE16-B59E-49E1-8280-30562091E9CD.png
    52EEFE16-B59E-49E1-8280-30562091E9CD.png
    54.7 KB · Views: 32
... probably should have sent that first lol. You said that you got confirmation front Wardez but didn’t say where he got it from. If he got word from PD then they should be alright. I still feel A+ Drivers are at risk since they didn’t officially register. If they get their entries redacted I’ll join them and defend their right to compete.

Back