FIA Events '18 - World Finals Monaco Finished! Congrats to Team Lexus and Igor Fraga for Brazil!

• Thread starter Wardez
  • 2,544 comments
About custom liveries though, I wish they would allow it as it is THE opportunity for people like Munginho to showcase their liveries on, for example, @TRL LIGHTNING's car. But I think PD would put realistic restrictions such as Center Lock wheels only for Gr.3 and above cars, no nude anime girls,

I kinda want to see that happen just so i can watch the chaos unfold when everyone sees the car.

:crazy:
https://vandal.elespanol.com/notici...elebrara-sus-finales-en-la-madrid-games-week/
20181010133512_1.jpg

That's a sick layout, a big upgrade from the Asia-Oceania event,the rigs for open races are a nice touch.

Last edited:
I watched the Toyota races today with Alonso, Kobayashi, Buemi etc. I love how they just have fun and don't worry leading to some very daring even cheeky overtaking moves but because they are not regular GTS players it is more opportunistic than calculated. It had me laughing out loud, and you could see they were enjoying it. I know the drivers are not racing for anything, but I hope PD keep up with the fun side shows alongside the serious competitions.

If that's what they're investing into a Regional Final, then thinking about what the World Final setup will look like is making me very moist indeed :lol:

Speaking of which, when I contacted my Asian Chevrolet teammate and saw that he basically speaks perfect English, I got excited too, means we now hold a communication advantage that most teams won't have ;)

Speaking of the World Finals I wonder if they are waiting until the end of the American Regional to announce it publicly unless Adam again leaks it in Madrid, hope at least we get THE EMAIL beforehand :lol:

For the Manufacturers event at Hangar 7 the Hong Kong guys were effectively acting as translators for the teams which had an EU and Japanese driver :lol:. Problem of course is they could leak some interesting tactics to the opposition so us two having English speaking (or at least typing) Japanese teammates will come in useful

Speaking of which, when I contacted my Asian Chevrolet teammate and saw that he basically speaks perfect English, I got excited too, means we now hold a communication advantage that most teams won't have ;)
On the other hand, all of Team Nissan can speak Japanese, but I'm doubting if Kokubun-san would use this communication advantage with Hizal and Fraga in the World Final event.

Madrid Games Weeks English Translation (per Google Translate):

"Sony and Polyphony Digital have shared new details of the European final of Gran Turismo Sport , FIA-Certified Gran Turismo Championships 2018, to be held at Madrid Games Week on October 19 and 20 .

And is that the competition will be held in a 2600 square meter arena , with stands with capacity for 500 spectators and VIP areas for guests and pilots.

20181010133512_1.jpg

On the other hand, fans can be made from today with the Super Fan kit, dedicated to fans of Gran Turismo. Includes the following:

- Madrid Games Week ticket - Saturday
- Competition Kit: exclusive Gran Turismo t-shirt, personalized cap, lanyard, bracelet, GT banner and applauds
- Exclusive access: VIP Gran Turismo area and preferred seating in the stands
- Meet & Greet with the finalist pilots

20181010133512_2.jpg

This Super Fan pack can be purchased through the following link , while supplies last. Its price with entrance included is € 20 , while the kit without entry has a price of € 10."

I'm in!! :D:D
I wonder who are the ones that didn't make it 💡

I'm really really happy that I've made it through on my first year of online racing! All the time and effort that I put into it has been paid!

Now I'm a little worried about me getting slower after a one week vacation, it looks like I'm a second off my own pace :confused:

No mention of Voon (schnickoman) with back to back 8th place finishes on Saturday? :boggled::scared::P

Edit: Matthew Brown (@Lion-Face) and Taito Takahashi (tai_tani555) didn't get a mention either ;) sorry if I sounded selfish, good write up nonetheless :cheers:

Don't think you were being selfish, made me laugh! :D

I didn't feel I deserved a mention anyway, I had pretty quiet races, from being hit in the first two hairpins and not having the pace to make up nearly a 10 second loss half way through the first lap, to the N300 race which in my race, the pace was so fast the field just spread and no one could catch the guys ahead. There was nothing about me to write about lol.

Was a good article though and I enjoyed reading it! Shame I never saw Andrew there or I would have had a chat. Didn't know who I was looking for anyway :P

Incredible event though, great to meet everyone and put a face to their PSN names I have been racing for years! Would do it again in a heartbeat.

another one.

Man I wish we were still there to meet these guys, or at least have it coincide with our stay. Feeling like I missed out even though the trip was amazing as it was.
Madrid Games Weeks English Translation (per Google Translate):

"Sony and Polyphony Digital have shared new details of the European final of Gran Turismo Sport , FIA-Certified Gran Turismo Championships 2018, to be held at Madrid Games Week on October 19 and 20 .

And is that the competition will be held in a 2600 square meter arena , with stands with capacity for 500 spectators and VIP areas for guests and pilots.

20181010133512_1.jpg

On the other hand, fans can be made from today with the Super Fan kit, dedicated to fans of Gran Turismo. Includes the following:

- Madrid Games Week ticket - Saturday
- Competition Kit: exclusive Gran Turismo t-shirt, personalized cap, lanyard, bracelet, GT banner and applauds
- Exclusive access: VIP Gran Turismo area and preferred seating in the stands
- Meet & Greet with the finalist pilots

20181010133512_2.jpg

This Super Fan pack can be purchased through the following link , while supplies last. Its price with entrance included is € 20 , while the kit without entry has a price of € 10."
It looks even bigger and better than the Tokyo setup, should be good. If we had the meet and greet in Tokyo people would be lining up for Matt Simmons. (He did get stopped in the street once when we were walking back to hotel one night). Just wish we got the hat too as you can never have enough GT and FIA logos. Might cheekily ask the organisers to send us a hat to promote it further. Could've done with the lanyard too as we had plain ones for showing what ranking we were within each country block. We also had public rigs but not in the main arena, I think they were also running a competition for the public to qualify and put the final race on the main stage as a warm up for the crowd.

I didn't feel I deserved a mention anyway, I had pretty quiet races, from being hit in the first two hairpins and not having the pace to make up nearly a 10 second loss half way through the first lap, to the N300 race which in my race, the pace was so fast the field just spread and no one could catch the guys ahead. There was nothing about me to write about lol.

Was a good article though and I enjoyed reading it! Shame I never saw Andrew there or I would have had a chat. Didn't know who I was looking for anyway :P

Incredible event though, great to meet everyone and put a face to their PSN names I have been racing for years! Would do it again in a heartbeat.
I didn't feel deserved of a mention either as I also had relatively quiet races. Great to meet you too @Lion-Face and other fellow GTPers @Sidawg2 @TheConzio98 and @JayOTT, even though I've mainly only posted in this thread and the online FIA thread. It was a fun group to meet and as you mentioned good to put faces to PSN ids. I am thinking of re-watching the Asian top 24 races since I've met most of the participants. Also might do a bit of a write up if I get time but as time passes I might start to forget things that I want to include.

Edit: I got the wrong Sidawg, sorry!

Edit 2: Missed @MonkeyMan_707, just saw you recently post on another thread, didn't know you were on here, gonna keep editing this post when I randomly discover people on GTP that I met at Tokyo

Last edited:
In regards to that picture, those cars might just be displays on the floor, not necessarily new cars yet to be revealed. There were similar circumstances at the GTS unveiling events.

So I got my official invitation!

I was 11th in the USA.

Feels good to have made it without an S rank.

Anyone have any good ideas on how to prepare?
Set up lobbies with N300, N500, Gr3 cars and above and do a few races at multiple tracks with minimal practice. That's what I'm going to be doing whenever possible and anyone is welcome to join. Live events don't give you much practice time and so you'll either need to find speed fast and/or be familiar with a combination.
Good preparation for the upcoming european regional finals next week ^^

And I couldn't even get into the 41s. Gotta jump into time trial and at least get one.

No mention of Voon (schnickoman) with back to back 8th place finishes on Saturday? :boggled::scared::P

Edit: Matthew Brown (@Lion-Face) and Taito Takahashi (tai_tani555) didn't get a mention either ;) sorry if I sounded selfish, good write up nonetheless :cheers:

Yup, I tried to get as many names into the copy as I possibly could, but there was always going to be a case where a couple of names would fall through. Of course that'd include two GTPlanet members :lol: It's just one of those things were you had a bunch of my typical races, neither great nor poor.
That's because I wasn't there :D

Would be nice to know who's going from the gtplanet staff. I had no idea that some of you were on World Tour at all, wouldve liked to meet you there.

Would be nice to know who's going from the gtplanet staff. I had no idea that some of you were on World Tour at all, wouldve liked to meet you there.
I went to Salzburg, but we rushed through it very late in the day and were invited as guests rather than media - I got a chance to speak to the Brits, a couple of the Americans, Dan Holland and @TRL LIGHTNING but it was fairly hectic!

None of us went to Tokyo. Europe and the Americas are fairly close by though, so we'll have to see. Not sure where and when the worlds are, but if they're in Europe or North America the same thing applies.

Back