FIA Events '18 - World Finals Monaco Finished! Congrats to Team Lexus and Igor Fraga for Brazil!

• Thread starter Wardez
  • 2,544 comments
As for me, this qualifying lowered already my interest into it. It is mentioned here about the ability to perform under pressure. But these guys, Doodle, Tidge, Athos, Fuvaros and so on are used to the pressure due to several live events. At this level half a second is already a major gap. If they fail because of pressure, they lose at most 0,5 or 1 seconds to the best time, never ever 4 or 5 seconds! And the big gaps are going through the whole field, its not just a few who are very far away from the best time.
As it is already mentioned, it looks like it is more about showing different cars then finding the best. Otherwise there is no explanation why they dont put everybody into the same car in Nations races.

Otherwise there is no explanation why they dont put everybody into the same car in Nations races.
Except they DID put everyone in the same car for the qualifying session. That gap between 1st and 30th is solely down to some drivers not putting the lap together when they needed it, no car disadvantage here. And the Group 3 races are on relatively balanced tracks, so not a great deal of disparity there either despite the field having to use different cars. Like I said, the 16 who end up qualifying will be the 16 who deserve it. It's just what happens after that where things fall apart and become a clown fiesta.

Except they DID put everyone in the same car for the qualifying session. That gap between 1st and 30th is solely down to some drivers not putting the lap together when they needed it, no car disadvantage here. And the Group 3 races are on relatively balanced tracks, so not a great deal of disparity there either despite the field having to use different cars. Like I said, the 16 who end up qualifying will be the 16 who deserve it. It's just what happens after that where things fall apart and become a clown fiesta.
Yeah, maybe F1 drivers should have their qualifications down to 1 flying lap so we don't spend so much time in front of the screen waiting for those last 5mins? Not to mention they have a full team of people behind them giving them all the information and support they need.

How long was the qualy for the real Le Man this year? I didn't follow....

And no, there can't be fuel burning in those sort of qualy if you can't initially set the amount of fuel, it all comes down to the last lap otherwise. On track like Le Man it's easily 1-1.5sec per lap on low tank!

Yeah, maybe F1 drivers should have their qualifications down to 1 flying lap
They actually DID do that for a while...
How long was the qualy for the real Le Man this year? I didn't follow....
Counterpoint: Every other WEC race has a 20 minute qualifying, with each driver only getting an average of 10 minutes since two lap times are needed.

The point is, real life has it's fair share of one-shot/two-shot qualifying sessions for important races too. The only thing that could be unfair about it this the repecharge grid, because I would prefer finishing position in the block race to decide the grid for that one.

Last edited:
Virtual Safety Car ENABLED and Zero Ghosting (oh god)

giphy.gif

I agree that whoever wins this will deserve it. BUT based on this format nothing in it is indicative that all drivers will have a fair chance to win. With all respect, if no. 30 on the ratings won this because mother luck took care of him, this will just be a joke.

How does the starting positions in the successive races work? In previous events they were based on the previous races finishing positions, which I thought was a bit unfair. It made it almost impossible for someone who had a bad qualifying to rescue their event as they constantly had to fight through the field, while the guys at the front drove off into the distance.

Always thought they should have a qualification for each race, even if it was only 10 mins like they have for the normal FIA events. Could shake up the races a bit more.

Mr. Lewis Hamilton... 5x F1-World Champion... Mr. Bling Bling.... and he turns up in THAT outfit?!

Come on... at least give us the Race-Suit...

There is also the another thing to consider, in real races the drivers get to spend a considerable amount of track time in their car before the Hot laps, including Qualifying practice etc..

I’m assuming that they knew the combos before the event so practice would have already taken place at home?

There is also the another thing to consider, in real races the drivers get to spend a considerable amount of track time in their car before the Hot laps, including Qualifying practice etc..

That was one of the reasons that I suggested maybe using a Moto GP style Q is that with apparently any type of seat time/ practice being very limited that even the practice fast times then at least contribute towards improving a drivers starting grid potential as even fast laps in practice would have some importance and lap times turned from all seat time could decide a persons fortune as to a top half or a bottom half of the grid race starting position.

I’m assuming that they knew the combos before the event so practice would have already taken place at home?
I believe everyone who is part of the finals knew the track combos and cars on selection before hand anyway. I seen a few of them of them on here mentioning they knew the track selection a week or two ago.

I think the regional and world final races should all be the same as they are normally in-game for everyone. Qualify for each race, on that track, in the car you’ll be using, right before the race in a 10-20 minute session. Allow drivers to pick any car they want for Nations and of course use their respective MFG for those. Even if they don’t want people all using the same car, they could at least let everyone qualify in a meta car that everyone votes on, then allow them to pick based on qualifying position. The way they are doing it cheapens things in my opinion.

K32
So you guys in the Manufacturer series have already gotten your race schedule?

Nope, Select guys have (depending on language it seems)
I believe everyone who is part of the finals knew the track combos and cars on selection before hand anyway. I seen a few of them of them on here mentioning they knew the track selection a week or two ago.

Not sure but do the above post mean that finalist from some regions had knowledge of the actual finals events/combos before the finalist drivers from other regions?

Back