S2 | FIA GT1 Blancpain Irl Series | Closed!!!Finished 

• Thread starter joetruckv8
  • 362 comments
United States
Los Angeles, Cali
JoeTruckV8

2014 Blancpain Monza Race!!!

2014 Blancpain Monza Round

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Upcoming Race Time: Monza 300km ~ April 13th, 2pm Pst | 10pm Gmt

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Next Upcoming Race Time: Silverstone 300km ~ April 20th

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Track List for 2014

USCR Series: Roar Before the 24 Jan 5th
USCR Series: Rolex 24hrs of Daytona Jan 25th

USCR Series: Indy Road Course Jul 25th
USCR Series: Mazda Raceway May 4th
VLN Enduro Series: March 29th
Nascar: Indy 500 revival Jun 27th
Bathurst 12hr: Mount Panorama Feb 9th
Blancpain Sprint Series: Brands Hatch May 17th
Blancpain Enduro Series: Monza Apr 13th
Blancpain Enduro Series: Silverstone May 24th
Blancpain Enduro Series: 24hrs of Spa Jul 27th
Blancpain Enduro Series:1000km of Nurburg Sept 21
ADAC Masters Zurich: 24hrs of Nurburgring Jun 22nd
WEC Series: 24hrs of Le Mans Jun 15th
WEC Series: Silverstone Apr 20th
WEC Series: Spa May 4th
WEC Series: Fuji Oct 12th
F1 Series: Monaco revival May 25th
*note: all tracks & dates are subject to change & delete depending on popularity and drivers scheduling*
*we also can list some of the Super GT enduro races to make up for scheduling dates and/or just popularity selection*
*list is not in direct order as of now*

Attn: @ All new sign ups

Last year in 2013 I displayed the entire 2014 track calender, but this time I will only be listing the next race and the upcoming race to clean things up a bit on the op. This is a spot race series that races when the irl races happen all year long and I keep track of full points covering the entire year. Come and go as you plz for this is only an on-going spot race, but hopefully we will see you all year long!?

Important News:

Yes we're back for our 2nd annual year now. This is a Irl following series with overall points being added up for the whole year, but ran as an open Enrollment Spot Race with no commitment to all rounds so come and go as you plz. Pretty much if you watch F1, WEC, FIA GT1, etc,.. then you may appreciate the fact that we race the same tracks & dates as these Irl Race Series Weekends.

JoeTruckV8 (Chevy ZR-1)
TnT (Benz SLS AMG GT3)
Jordy (SLS AMG Anniversary)
Tati (BMW M3 GT3)
Racefan (SLS AMG Base)
Stallio (BMW M3 GT)
Oz (BMW Z4 GT3)
Kado (Ford GT Black)
Freak (Chevy ZR-1)
Baz (Chevy Z06)
izzyracer97 (BMW M3 GT)
Dahlzi (Audi Oreca R8LMS)

aboe_83 (BMW M3 GT3)
BigCarolina (Nissan Nismo GT3 Base)

FIA GT3 Car List & Hp/Kg: v2

2 Audi's (Bilstein & Playstation) 532hp/1300kg
2 Audi's (Oreca & LMS Ultra) 532hp/1350kg
2 Audi's (Anniversary) 532hp/1300kg
2 BMW GT3 (Z4) 542hp/1350kg
2 BMW GT3 (M3) 542hp/1300kg
2 Nissan GT3 (Zurich Models) 601hp/1350kg
2 Nissan GT3 (Base Models) 601hp/1350kg
2 Nissan GT3 (Anniversary) 601hp/1350kg
2 Benz SLS AMG GT3 (2 Anniversary's) 541hp/1350kg
2 Benz SLS AMG GT3 (Base Models) 541hp/1350kg
2 Ford GT40 (White) 532hp/1350kg
2 Ford GT40 (Black) 532hp/1365kg
2 Chevy Vette GT3 (ZR-1) 532hp/1300kg

2 Chevy Vette GT3 (Zo6) 532hp/1290kg

*note grid is subject to change/reduce chassis amounts*

General Info About Races: This is a race series with a nice variety of FIA GT3 & GT1 cars tuned up to the higher end of the 5oo to 6oo horsepower range. We hope you can join us for some fun!

Date & Time:
Sunday March 13th, 4:00 PM EST (GMT-5)
Sunday March 13th, 1:00 PM PST (GMT-8)
Sunday March 13th, 9:00 PM (GMT 0)

Founder & Co-Founder: Private lounge of JoeTruckV8 ; T-n-T 2000 ;

Test Driver: Ozwheels

Race Length: 300km/250km ran straight out.

Requirements: Fun, Clean, and Fair Drivers

Race Officials: JoeTruckV8 ; T-n-T 2000 ;

Internet Connection: Very Strong Connection Provided

Room Regulations:
  • Non-fixed host room
  • Standard race quality
  • Microphones disabled
  • Light damage
  • No penalties
  • Weak slipstream
  • Tire wear/Fuel consumption on "Normal"
  • Real grip reduction on wet/edge
  • Visual damage off
  • Collisions on
  • Racing line available
  • Traction control available
  • ABS available
  • All other assists off

Car Regulations:
  • Down to see complete list of cars and restrictions
  • What ever car you use for Rd 4 and beyond, you will have to stick with that chassis for the remainder of the season.
Tire Selection: Racing Softs

Success Ballast: Not Applicable

Points Scoring:

Points Scoring:
  • Pole position: 1 point
  • Fastest lap during race: 1 point
  • Pole position and fastest lap bonus will also apply to the "slower" room if there are more than 16 drivers. Also, if you made an effort to race and could not finish due to disconnect or some other reason, you will still receive points.

• 1st: 30 points
  • 2nd: 26 points
  • 3rd: 23 points
  • 4th: 20 points
  • 5th: 18 points
  • 6th: 16 points
  • 7th: 14 points
  • 8th: 12 points
  • 9th: 10 points
  • 10th: 8 points
  • 11th: 6 points
  • 12th: 5 points
  • 13th: 4 points
  • 14th: 3 points
  • 15th: 2 points
  • 16th: 1 points
Track Boundaries:
  • Track boundaries are generally the same as those enforced by the GT5 penalty system and as defined by section 16: Offline Racing in the GTPlanet Online Racing Rules & Guidelines. Much of the following is taken verbatim from there.
  • Colliding with or using walls, fences or other obstacles is forbidden, whether time is gained or not.
  • Two wheels (except when airborne, where the vertical projection of the car onto the track counts) must be in contact with the track/circuit which includes the rumble strips and footpaths, but not grassed areas.
  • All green areas are not part of the track unless otherwise stated in the Race Specifics section of any given event.
  • Curbs, sidewalks/pavements are not part of the track unless otherwise stated.
  • Tarmac/Asphalt or any other kind of surface mentioned above that are situated beyond the normal limits of the track, Run-off areas for example, are not part of the track unless otherwise stated.
  • Any kind of rumble strip made of concrete, stone etc is part of the track unless otherwise stated.
  • In short: if there is no rumble strip, keep two wheels within white lines. If there is a rumble strip, keep two wheels on the rumble strip.
  • Occasionally crossing track boundaries to avoid other cars, accidents etc is to be expected, but if you continuously go out of bounds, you will be penalized.

Penalty System v2.0:
  • Crossing the pit exit line will result in a reprimand regardless of if you are not around another car or a 10s penalty if you defend your position by cutting the exit line.
  • A collision that results in another driver losing control of their car or better known as unavoidable contact will result in a 30s penalty, plus 5s penalty multiplied by positions lost. If the offending driver does not yeild the spot back then another 30s penalty will be added resulting in a 60s penalty overall
  • A collision that has clear intent to force another driver to lose control will result in a 45s penalty multiplied by positions losts. If the offending driver doesn't wait then he will get hit with a additional 30s penalty
  • When a driver overtakes unfairly and fails to yield within a reasonable time, a reprimand will be applied.
  • A 60s time penalty for not using both tire compounds.
  • The disadvantaged driver has 1 opportunity to reclaim his position. If the driver spins or crashes while another driver is trying to yield, no new penalty will be applied except for the 30s contact penalty.
  • Slight contact and taps will be allowed, but excessive force will result in a penalty.
  • If a driver disconnects after causing a collision worthy of a penalty, the penalty will be applied to their next completed race.
  • Using a car that failures to meet the regulations (e.g. Using an illegal engine upgrade) will result in you being disqualified from the event and a reprimand.
  • Offenders that receive 5 or more penalties will get a further 10s penalty on their next penalty given.
  • Discussion of collisions between the drivers is forbidden in the thread. All discussion must take place using the private messaging service.
  • When an incident is reported to the stewards a PM will be sent out by JoeTruckV8 to the drivers involved. They will then get a chance to explain their perspective and this will be noted by the stewards in subsequent action.
  • Any appeals against penalties must be declared by PMing JoeTruckV8. Not in the thread.
  • The penalty system may be altered after an incident to result in more appropriate action applied if it occurs again.
  • If a driver mixed soft and medium tires they will be penalized 60s.
  • Discussion of any kind of incidents(e.g. posting youtube clips), before action is taken, will result in the penalty being halved.
  • Post race rage (either in lounge or on thread) must end 10 minutes after the end of the race, any foul language/abuse after this time will result in a reprimand.
  • If a new rule is announced, and subsequent penalties are made to enforce the rule, each driver will receive a reprimand for their first offense.
  • 3 reprimands - back of the grid next round
  • 4 reprimands - 1pt deduction
  • 5 reprimands - 2 pt deduction
  • 6 reprimands - 3 pt deduction
  • For every reprimand afterwards the pts reduction will increase by 1.
  • *note if you are going to retire from a race please pull into the pits like a gentlemen racer plz or risk losing your points for that round!

Collisions/Penalties:
  • A collision that results in another driver losing control of their car will result in a 30s penalty multiplied by positions lost, 5 secs per each position lost.
  • A collision that has clear intent to force another driver to lose control will result in a 60s penalty multiplied by positions lost also.
  • If a driver is forced into a spin/into the gravel trap as a direct result of contact, a 30s penalty will be applied regardless of if the offending driver waits. This penalty will be given on top of any collision penalty another 30s penalty if the offending driver does not wait.
  • When a driver overtakes unfairly and fails to yield within a reasonable time, a 30s penalty will be applied
  • The disadvantaged driver has 1 opportunity to reclaim his position. If the driver spins or crashes while another driver is trying to yield, no additional penalty will be applied except for the contact.

Technical:
  • Crossing the pit exit line will result in a reprimand regardless of if you are not around another car.
  • A reprimand will be issued for not using both tire compounds.
  • If a driver mixed soft and medium tires they will be penalized with a reprimand
  • Using a car that failures to meet the regulations (e.g. Using an illegal engine upgrade) will result in you being disqualified from the event. A reprimand will also be given
  • A driver who receives 5 or more penalties over the course of a season, shall be given a reprimand

Forum
  • Discussion of collisions between the drivers is forbidden in the thread. All discussion must take place using the private messaging service. A reprimand will be given to anyone who posts twice or more about an incident.
  • Discussion of collisions between drivers is permitted on the thread if 2 of the drivers are ZachAK47 and Joetruckv8. This is to show clarity in the penalty system. Stewards only should comment.
  • When an incident is reported to the stewards a PM will be sent out by ZachAK47 to the drivers involved, if the incident is unclear from the replay. They will then get a chance to explain their perspective and this will be noted by the stewards in subsequent action.
  • Any appeals against penalties must be declared by PMing ZachAK47. Not in the thread.

Other:
  • Post race rage (either in lounge or on thread) must end 10 minutes after the end of the race, any foul language/abuse after this time will result in a reprimand.
  • If a driver disconnects after causing a collision worthy of a penalty, the penalty will be applied to their next completed race.
  • The penalty system may be altered after an incident to result in more appropriate action applied if it occurs again.
  • If a new rule is announced, and subsequent penalties are made to enforce the rule, each driver will receive a reprimand for their first offense.
  • New drivers will receive a reprimand for their first offense, regardless of severity
Reprimands:
  • 3 reprimands - back of the grid next round
  • 4 reprimands - 1pt deduction
  • 5 reprimands - 2 pt deduction
  • 6 reprimands - 3 pt deduction
  • For every reprimand afterwards the pts reduction will increase by 1.

Driver to Driver Pit Penalty Rule:
  • If a driver intentionally knocks another driver into the pits during green flag racing that offending driver will get last place points behind entire field plus disconnected drivers, and will start from the back of the pack for the next round and be given a reprimand as well!
*Any questions about the penalty system should be directed to JoeTruckV8

Lag Policy:
  • In order to create the closest racing possible, a good Internet connection is needed. To ensure that this can happen we are doing a 3 strikes policy for lagging drivers (a strike is one race)
  • Strike 1- no action, it is treated as a one off
  • Strike 2 - warning that the driver needs to try to improve their connection
  • Strike 3 - the driver will not be permitted to race unless multiple stewards can confirm on race day the driver has no lag
  • If a driver does not lag for 2 consecutive races, then one strike will be removed.

Driving Standards:
  • When a driver has their front bumper, alongside the car aheads rear bumper, a cars width must be left by the car ahead.
  • The car ahead keeps right of way until the overtake is completed, when the overtaking car is completely ahead of the defending driver.
  • The car ahead may move across the track when defending even when the overtaking car is alongside, provided the overtaking car is not forced off track.
  • When alongside, a cars width must be left by the overtaking driver and the defending driver, neither driver cannot be forced off track.
  • Bump drafting is allowed, to indicate you do not wish to bump draft, move off the racing line on the straight.
  • The overtaking driver must be in full control of their vehicle and be prepared to abandon the overtake Drivers can and will use their active flashers to insinuate that they plan on pitting after the next turn or two to reduce collisions upon pit entries while attempting to be overtaken.

Qualifying:
  • The room will be open 15 mins sooner than the race start time to host knockout qualifying before the start of the race. (solo run)

Pre-Race Car Checks:
  • Before the race can begin, I must check that everyone's car is the right horsepower and weight.
  • Please do not access your garage or tune menu when your car passes.
  • Anyone accessing the garage or tune menu will be penalized at the race officials' discretion.
  • Cars need to be broke-in so we don't have any HP gainers during the races. This is an advantage in the race.

Rolling Start Procedure:
  • In the final sector, there will be no weaving or sudden changes of acceleration.
  • If a driver wishes to accelerate and brake to warm tires, this MUST be done off the racing line
  • It is recommended each car is a car length apart to give the driver in-front the chance to weave to warm their tires.
  • Overtaking is allowed once you cross the start finish line. But full throttle is allowed once the leader crosses the start finish line.
  • Going off track boundaries to warm tires is allowed.
  • A driver who loses positions on the pace lap is allowed to make their way to their starting position in a safe manner.
  • Any collisions on the pace lap will be investigated
  • Leading car must cross finish line at a speed between 70mph and 80mph

Standing Start Procedure:
  • We will set the race room to 1 lap with next race results the same as previous round which will grid us up in our qualifying order without any mistakes being made by the GT5 software. This lap is ran at full pace, but all drivers must remember to cross the finish line in the respected qualifying order. Also I may add that another benefit to us running a 1 lap finish to set the grid for or main race also results in a 1st lap practice before the actually race begins which in turn helps all drivers have a cleaner 1st lap start to the race.

Race Finish:
  • When the winner passes the checkered flag and the timer pops up, you will continue to race until the end of the lap you are currently on. Once you finish your lap, you are not allowed to pass anymore cars.
Post Race Scrutineering:
  • Race penalty for failing post race scrutineering will mean all of your current round points will be ripped away and a race probation period. The race probation period means the driver whom was found over powered will have to be checked for the next 2 future rounds alongside with the top 3 to be post race scrutinized. If a driver is found guilty twice then that driver will be banned from racing for 1 round. If a driver is found guilty 3 times then that driver will be removed from our series completely. We made this our most severe offense, as it is one of the most degrading offenses to oneself and all other drivers.

Post Race Scrutineering Summarized:
  • 1st offense 2 race probation period
  • 2nd offense 1 race ban
  • 3rd offense Series ban
*We understand that there are ways for a driver to get caught out unintentionally; that's the only reason why drivers get 3 strikes. Also this Penalty is a carry over offense so if you get strike 1 in season 1 and then get the same penalty in season 2, it still will be your 2nd offense. Autobacs will take as many measures possible to make sure that all drivers are getting a fair race. Because of this being a late night race for GMT drivers, we are only post race checking the Top 3.

Last edited:
FIAGT1Banner2_zpsa1bdc060.jpg

*note 50kg breakout rule in effect*

FIAGTBanner_zps63c2a919.jpg

Last edited:
I love watching this Series. I'm in for sure. Put me down for the Chevy Vette GT3 (Z06 & ZR-1) One of those

Definitely!, 👍

I used to list the whole 2014 calender, but this time I will be only listing the next race and the upcoming race to clean things up a bit. This is a spot race series that races when the irl races happen all year long and I keep track of full points covering the whole year. Come and go as you plz, but hopefully we see you all year long!? 👍

Put me in a Z4 please. Even though I haven't figured out for the life of me how to even get the thing to brake in a straight line.

Good luck with the series joe! I had so much fun with the short amount of races I competed in. I'm sure it will fill up fast. I want to join so bad, but Sundays are kind of shaky for me. If you ever have a reserve list you can put me down. 👍

Good luck with the series joe! I had so much fun with the short amount of races I competed in. I'm sure it will fill up fast. I want to join so bad, but Sundays are kind of shaky for me. If you ever have a reserve list you can put me down. 👍

:bowdown: FlyinH77

That's all I have to say. There will always be room for you my friend! :sly:👍 Don't forget you can join the ones you can make, we'll be at it all year long'

Yea just Team up with Jordy, Tyson and I are taking the other 1's (SLS AMG GT3)

Got you signed up, I'm going to try to balance the cars and get the pics in 1 shot here tonight!

Thanks for that Joe!

So is that when you will give us some numbers to play with? :)

Great question!, all cars for the most part @ 542hp/1350kg

Still reging the Chevy Vettes since there maximum kg is 1300kg. They will need some kind of hp reduction. Also depending on the BMW's scrutiny it only reaches 532hp, so we might reduce the hp across the entire grid by 10hp or leave it where it is if it becomes the beast of the pack. Pending further testing but you can start there' 👍

542hp/1350kg <----All Chassis

532hp/1360kg <----Anniversary's

522hp/1300kg <----Chevy Chassis

Last edited:
Great question!, all cars for the most part @ 542hp/1350kg

Still reging the Chevy Vettes since there maximum kg is 1300kg. They will need some kind of hp reduction. Also depending on the BMW's scrutiny it only reaches 532hp, so we might reduce the hp across the entire grid by 10hp or leave it where it is if it becomes the beast of the pack. Pending further testing but you can start there' 👍

542hp/1350kg <----All Chassis
532hp/1360kg <----Anniversary's
522hp/1300kg <----Chevy Chassis

Are we running the cars fully tuned then using power limiter? like with stage 3 turbo? or how is that working ?

I was going to join, but not interested in running such heavy cars. GL Joe.

I feel you there too I'm not excited about the 1350kg limit either. I drove 2 of the cars at 1300kg and they feel much better, only problem is some of the chassis come heavy so,.. In the end when the reg's are finalized if they weigh in at 1300kg give them a spin because I know 1300kg is still heavy, but they feel like F1 cars after coming down from 1350kg.

Here is mine and Zach proposed regs
Gt 423 1365
Gtr 621 1350
Viper 423 1350
Vette 423 1290
Z4 532 1190
Sls 591 1390
R8 552 1300
m3 511 1245 low turbo
Suzuka
Gt 2.02.963
Gtr 2.03.346
Viper 2.03.166
Vette 2.03.215
Z4 2.03.368
Sls 2.03.157
R8 2.03.275

Motegi
Gt 1.52.444
Gtr 1.52.259
Z4 1.52.157
Sls 1.52.163
R8 1.52.282
Viper 1.52.890
Vette 1.52.862

Monza
Vette 1.52.056
Gt 1.51.678
Gtr 1.49.776
Z4 1.49.923
Sls 1.49.581
R8 1.49.830
Viper 1.51.946

Fuji
Gtr 1.35.121
Vette 1.36.733
Gt 1.35.965
Z4 1.34.845
Sls 1.35.263
R8 1.34.841
Viper 1.36.773

Top speed
Vette 169
Gtr 189
Gt 171
Z4 193
R8 185
Sls 194
Viper 168

The American were difficult in balancing
The SLS has some weight to give the others a chance and m3 is given a 11bhp and Torque boost to make it more competitive in tracks like Montegi as it's got a slow acceleration

Edit
M3 times at
Suzuka was a 2.03.215
Montegi was a 1.52.237

Last edited:

Latest Posts

Back