S2 | FIA GT1 Blancpain Irl Series | Closed!!!Finished 

• Thread starter joetruckv8
  • 362 comments
This would be the proper way to do the cars picks. I just read thru the conversation tread and there are a few guys who picked the same car as another guy had already picked. I will create a pick form tonight when I get home.

Would that be fair though? The only reason I missed the end of the series was I had to start working Monday mornings so I couldn't continue and so that would mean I would probably miss out for something that was out of my control :/

That's the way we pick after every season. We do it the same way in Autobacs also. I believe quite a few series do car choice this same way. If it was a new series, I could see picking in randome or first come first serve. This is the 2nd season of Joe's Blancpain series. Joe will put up a list for picking order as soon as possible. I'm hoping for a 24 hour period to pick cars. That way it doesn't take but about a week to get everyone in a chassis. :-)

Remember, we haven't chosen car regs yet.

@seth, we would like to have you post your regs if you could please. :)

Yea Jordy sorry to catch you out, in the conversation tread Tyson is one of the guys who selected the AMG model before you actually picked it. I slotted him into the Base model slot to make things easy, but a couple of other guys are having the same problem. Overall this is my fault since this is the 1st time I'm doing a 2nd Season and didn't have a Season 2 car selection pick protocol, but the best thing to do is go by the finishing order of last season 1st then the new comers but all & all I think you are safe with car choice you originally wanted.

I don't know how many of you guys actually know gtp driver by the name of Jav, but he is the 1 that I originated this series off of and his reg's were always spot on. Well he just sent me a copy of his reg's and gave me permission to use them if we saw fit, so here they are. At this point we have 4 sets of reg's to choose from and the best thing for us is to do is meet up at the Roar before 24 and test these 4 sets of reg's out and let majority pick the best ones as our 2014 reg's. If we pick a certain 1 and find that a car isn't exactly balanced right we will make the necessary changes immediately!

Yea Jordy sorry to catch you out, in the conversation tread Tyson is one of the guys who selected the AMG model before you actually picked it. I slotted him into the Base model slot to make things easy, but a couple of other guys are having the same problem. Overall this is my fault since this is the 1st time I'm doing a 2nd Season and didn't have a Season 2 car selection pick protocol, but the best thing to do is go by the finishing order of last season 1st then the new comers but all & all I think you are safe with car choice you originally wanted.

I don't know how many of you guys actually know gtp driver by the name of Jav, but he is the 1 that I originated this series off of and his reg's were always spot on. Well he just sent me a copy of his reg's and gave me permission to use them if we saw fit, so here they are. At this point we have 4 sets of reg's to choose from and the best thing for us is to do is meet up at the Roar before 24 and test these 4 sets of reg's out and let majority pick the best ones as our 2014 reg's. If we pick a certain 1 and find that a car isn't exactly balanced right we will make the necessary changes immediately!

That's okay! It was all really confusing so I wasn't sure what was going on but that's all good! I'm not even sure where I ended up finishing last season!!

Jav's FIA GT1 Reg's

FIA GT1 Winter Testing Reg's
Nissan GTR GT3 - 542 1350 Low Turbo (None Anni)
Chevy ZR-1 GT3 - Zr1 542 1300
Audi R8LMS - 542 1400 low turbo (None Anni)
Sls AMG GT3 - 542 1350 low turbo (None Anni)
BMW M3 GT3 - 532 1350 Low Turbo (None Anni)
BMW Z4 GT3 - 542 1350 Low Turbo (None Anni)

JoeTruckV8 Winter Testing Reg's
542hp/1350kg <----All Chassis
532hp/1360kg <----Anniversary's
522hp/1300kg <----Chevy Chassis
note: nothing on the GT40 yet (pending)

Seth Reg's
Coming Up

That's okay! It was all really confusing so I wasn't sure what was going on but that's all good! I'm not even sure where I ended up finishing last season!!

Check the main page I have it listed there now! 👍

Check the main page I have it listed there now! 👍
Looks good!
Javs regs look good! I think if we run them it might attract more people too, people seem to have this thing for higher power cars!

If we were to run those, how would the anniversary edition be affected?

Looks good!
Javs regs look good! I think if we run them it might attract more people too, people seem to have this thing for higher power cars!

If we were to run those, how would the anniversary edition be affected?

Well we will have to find out how much power to weight or performance hp & kg wise the difference is from the Anniversaries to the Base/Factory Models. I started with my reg's by adding a 10kg & 10hp power penalty to the Anniversaries Models. If guys still pick them like crack then we didn't hit them hard enough and take more. Ultimately we need to take enough where the Base/Factory Models seem just as enticing as the anniversaries! this I will be solving this upcoming week once all these kids finally go home and I free up some much needed track time. I do asure you everything will be complete weeks before the official Daytona Race'

Hi Joe, I'll start running these cars again, was fun in the early stages of last season. I'll take the BMW Z4 GT3 if it's still available

Hi Joe, I'll start running these cars again, was fun in the early stages of last season. I'll take the BMW Z4 GT3 if it's still available

We're going to do a car selection date next week just to give guys that extra time with the chassis since all the reg's are up, but good to know, and glad your back! 👍

Now that I look at Jav's reg's closely I noticed the top 4 on the list are the strong chassis (GT40, BMW M3, ZR-1, Zo6) and we might have to put them at 1300kg right away if those cars pose a dominating nature! It will make reging them before the race quicker since they will all match more with some other chassis too'

-I'm starting my Hardcore Testing Session starting Monday afternoon Pst, but does anyone know if we have the offline Speed Route X track available yet?

FIA GT1 possibles for Winter Testing coming up starting Jan 5th | Daytona Road

Jav's FIA GT1 Reg's

Zach & Will's FIA GT1 Winter Testing Reg's
Nissan GTR GT3 - 542 1350 Low Turbo (None Anni)
Chevy ZR-1 GT3 - Zr1 542 1300

Audi R8LMS - 542 1400 Low Turbo (None Anni)

Sls AMG GT3 - 542 1350 Low Turbo (None Anni)

BMW M3 GT3 - 532 1350 Low Turbo (None Anni)

BMW Z4 GT3 - 542 1350 Low Turbo (None Anni)

JoeTruckV8 FIA GT1 Winter Testing Reg's
542hp/1350kg <----All Chassis

532hp/1360kg <----Anniversary's

522hp/1300kg <----Chevy Chassis

note: nothing on the GT40 yet (pending)

Seth Reg's
Coming Up soon

Last edited:
Track List for 2014

USCR Series: Roar before 24 Jan 5th
USCR Series: Rolex 24hrs of Daytona Jan 25th
USCR Series: Indy Road Course Jul 25th
USCR Series: Mazda Raceway date unknown
Nascar: Indy 500 revival Jun 27th
Bathurst 12hr: Mount Panorama Feb 9th
Blancpain Sprint Series: Brands Hatch May 17th
Blancpain Enduro Series: Monza Apr 13th
Blancpain Enduro Series: Silverstone May 24th
Blancpain Enduro Series: 24hrs of Spa Jul 27th
Blancpain Enduro Series:1000km of Nurburg Sept 21
ADAC Masters Zurich: 24hrs of Nurburgring Jun 22nd
WEC Series: 24hrs of Le Mans Jun 15th
WEC Series: Silverstone Apr 20th
WEC Series: Spa May 3rd
WEC Series: Fuji Oct 12th
F1 Series: Monaco revival May 25th

*note: all tracks & dates are subject to change & delete depending on popularity and drivers scheduling*
*we also can list some of the Super GT enduro races to make up for scheduling dates and/or just popularity selection*
*list is not in direct order as of now*

Last edited:
I like the Track list. I'm just waiting on the car i'll be using. I wanna start Practicing the track. So hopefully i'll know the car sooner then later

I like the Track list. I'm just waiting on the car I'll be using. I wanna start Practicing the track. So hopefully i'll know the car sooner then later

I would lap the cars you have for right now and make sure you know them very well before you do your picking next week Sunday @ 2pm Pst | 10pm Gmt'

Ok, seth did his tests on hard tires, so his data might be obsolete. What tires are you running? He left all cars stock with oil change. The Premium Ford is way faster than the Vettes at the same specs. The GTR is a little heavy but has good power. The SLS is a little underpowered but is very stable. The R8 and Z4 are about equal. The M3 GT2 is a little slower unless you run a little more power, 30hp over stock.

Ok, Seth did his tests on hard tires, so his data might be obsolete. What tires are you running? He left all cars stock with oil change. The Premium Ford is way faster than the Vettes at the same specs. The GTR is a little heavy but has good power. The SLS is a little underpowered but is very stable. The R8 and Z4 are about equal. The M3 GT2 is a little slower unless you run a little more power, 30hp over stock.

Good to Know!, I'll be hammer out Madd laps this Monday & Tuesday with a handful of guys from both series. Seth you are Pst so If you see us on plz join? I will be going thru all 4 sets of reg's at Hi DF, low DF, and Equal DF tracks.

It was only a few races earlier, freak. The Ford GT is definitely the fastest at whatever regs you guys were running.

It was only a few races earlier, freak. The Ford GT is definitely the fastest at whatever regs you guys were running.

Ok, let me have a 1st hand look at it on Monday finally I still haven't driven that car? That's been the word around track tho, but I got a trick up my shelve. I still haven't driven any GT3's since my 1st outing 2 Thursday ago at this point I think. All preliminary reg's should be submitted this week, and we should be able to choose a set by next Sunday, or the following at the latest. A lot o series who selected reg's already have all made small adjustments since then, and is the only reason why I haven't pulled a trigger on a particular set yet. I knew I needed about 2 weeks with the cars to meet everyone's needs across the board with all the current GT3 cars.

The fact is it can corner much better than others. The R8 needs special attention. Looked like it couldn't even brake in a straight line. It may need its full 550+hp after oil change. The Vette was getting smoked on the straights. The handling was good but acceleration was bad. The ford is naturally supercharged as well, that gives it great punch. The GTR is tough as well.

Joe, do you have me signed up for the 24 at Daytona? If not I would like to be. I can also help with testing tomorrow and Tuesday.

The R8 needs special attention. Looked like it couldn't even brake in a straight line.
Hey guys, good to see GT racing alive and well!
You may want to try this for the R8 and other Mid-engined cars:
image.jpg

You still might want to stay away from the curbs...

Back