Willow Springs International Raceway - Big Willow_30.jpg

Willow Springs International Raceway - Big Willow_32.jpg
Willow Springs International Raceway - Big Willow_33.jpg
Willow Springs International Raceway - Big Willow_34.jpg
Willow Springs International Raceway - Big Willow_35.jpg
Willow Springs International Raceway - Big Willow_36.jpg
Willow Springs International Raceway - Big Willow_37.jpg

Last edited:
What a tough but fun race, Willow Springs is such a special track! Congratulations @Thermite for your win! :)

Q: 8th
Although I did not manage to reproduce my best lap time, I didn't expect to finish better than the 10th rank. I suppose this is mainly because I started with RM.

R: 10th
I'm quite disappointed with this ranking because the race had started well for me. Luckily I wasn't on the lane where the accident occurred at startup, and despite a mistake on 3rd turn I managed to be in the middle of the pack. I had a good fight with @Lewmatic and eventually overtook him for the 7th or 8th place (can't remember well).

Then came my first big mistake. Lap 19, last turn, my wheel gets off the asphalt. I can feel the car losing grip, but it's too late. On this track the slightest mistake is fatal. I lost control, ended up at the other end of the United States and lost a couple of places. Moreover it totally changed my pit strategy, which wasn't good anyway because my RM tires were burnt much quicker than I expected.

After that my whole race turned into a succession of catching up / getting off the road again. 4 times (we can see some of them on the pics above :)). Including 2 while letting a leader overtaking me. I need to learn how to get off the racing line safely, to avoid such stupid mistakes!

For the last laps I didn't want to make an extra pit stop since it was my only chance to gain one last place. I kept my RM until the end, and I finished with my front-left tire totally burnt and a car out of control. Fortunately this strategy was worthy, I was able to overtake my last opponent who stopped in the pits.

Last edited:
Hello, ALL !

---- For the new members, Monday is dedicated to 'bench racing'. Today we will talk about & look back on yesterdays events!

- Tuesday is points & transfers up-dates + sign-up opens.

Thanks to ALL who participated & Finished this GT3 Club Event !

Great drive, thermite !
- This Jan. CUP, I have decided to participate in Q! I have never been one to put too much value on qualifying, but I was thinking why not? I have never been great at 'TT's' or hot-lap's & that was still the case yesterday in Q:lol::lol::lol:. I got down into the mid 1:12's in practice so I was expecting something around there. I chose to turn one hot-lap & stick with it, I entered a 1:13.9 :crazy::lol::mad:👎 So, I will keep working on Q !

- The race started with HEMI picking up a false start in my row, I saw him aim his car off track to try & help some avoid him, but a few couldn't react in time & made contact with him causing a mini 'pile-up':ouch::scared:, LUCKILY I was able to react at the last second and swerve aggressively into the left lane. I crossed right into Tijee, it was good the penalty turned ON & made my car invisible & both cars were un-damaged, sorry Tijee. I was glad to make it through that grid mishap! np, HEMI, it happens to everyone;). By lap 5 I found myself in 3rd:eek:, I knew I had NO chance to close on Duck & thermite(from a pace stand point) so I was more then happy to see how long I could hold my podium position. Gibbs came back from an early race mistake to close the gap on me & pass me. I start almost every race on RH's & was just trying to keep it moving at this point. During the mid-race point, Gibbs & I traded position and pit-stops a few times, but he ultimately drove on to finish 2nd! I had a good consistent race going until about 6min left in the event...That final corner ALMOST got me on the exit! 🤬:eek::drool::scared:...:cool:, but I was able to re-gain control before I went into a full spin! I drove that bad-boy home to a 5th place finish, great race for me & one of my favorite tracks as well! :cheers:👍👍👍.

- good race by the podium finishers & ALL who finished !
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

:gtpflag::gtpflag::gtpflag::gtpflag::gtpflag::gtpflag::gtpflag::gtpflag::gtpflag::gtpflag::gtpflag::gtpflag::gtpflag::gtpflag::gtpflag::gtpflag:

What a race!👍:eek: It seemed more tiring than usual though, I gotta say personally I had a horrible performance altogether.:grumpy:🤬:banghead: I ran off the track several times and on top of that ran out of gas with like 2 minutes left:lol::mad::lol: I didnt even bother to pit to finish! I still had fun though and definitely doin better at Fuji!:gtpflag:Congrats Thermite on your first of many!!!:gtpflag:

GT3 Club -- January CUP Race #2
fujitrackmap.jpg

• To sign-up for this event simply 'like' this post. thank you!.
      -----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

• start time: (11:00am PST/2:00pm EST)
      • ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
        • GT3 Club Lobby will be open 1/11 @ 11:00am PST(West USA)

----- When is the lobby open where you live?

- Rio de Janeiro, Brazil 1/11 @ 3:00pm

- London, UK 1/11 @ 7:00pm

- Munich, Germany 1/11 @ 8:00pm

- Tokyo, Japan 1/11 @ 3:00am

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

-- Damage: Heavy
          -- Tire compound change req.
          -- Tires: RM & RH, any order.
          -- 1 hour 'CUP' Event
          -- World circuit: Fuji Speedway F
        • -- ALL car specs. see post #1
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

• Signed-up (PSN ID)
    • Tijee31

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
---- Coming soon....
- Pit-entry/exit procedure
- Lapped car procedure
- Track hints/tips
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Points & Transfers will be up-dated after CUP event #2
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
All skill & experience levels welcome, add me on PSN to join.
PSN ID: gurizzi
thnx & cya on course ! ! !

Last edited:
Driver BoP

thermite_917 (-5hp)

--- Driver reduction in power will last a minimum of 1 race. If the driver wins again, another -5hp will be added to the BoP . If the driver does NOT win the next race, the reduction will be lifted.

-- Driver 'BoP' reduction applies to the driver regardless of car choice.

I made a good choice on the track I would lose 5hp at *sarcasm* :D I could definitely tell there was a difference going down the long frontstretch when I practiced there after Willow Springs. But I'll see if I can find a good enough setup to go for two in a row! Thanks again for all the "congrats", etc everyone! Means a lot :)

Due to scheduling issues, I'm probably not going to make the first 4 races of this cup :grumpy: Not happy. However, I'm going to attempt to make the last 2 and gear up for the next cup. Since this is the January cup and it spills over into Feb, will there be a March cup as well?

I messaged the Mod who banned him. Seeing how long it is for and where/how we can pick up where gurizzi left off. Good thing to remember is that while he might be gone from here for a while, we still have the community on the game to go by as well as all racing specs needed. He left us in good hands should something go awry.

Yep, that'll be cool. Hopefully we are able to do so.

It's a shame that one very good league admin ended like this.

Definitely not over guys. Worst case, we continue on PSN. I'll message gurizzi when I'm home after work and we'll figure out what next steps are.

He could come back though, just not as gurizzi. He wouldn't be able to change anything on this thread either. He would have to start a new thread and then we could continue.

His IP must have been banned too. And I'm not sure the moderators would be pleased to see gurizzi try to come back by the back door! ;)

Well, it looks like we'll be moving from league.

No way, I've been practicing at Fuji for the whole evening! :P As @ShiftingLanes said, let's just find another way to communicate.

Like everyone here has said, the show must go on! There are other ways of communicating. Sucks that it happened but we'll be ok :cheers:

As usual my race report is late but I can sum it up with one emoticon 🤬

:lol:

Well, I did get pole and fast lap so I can be a little happy ;)

Guys,

I'll be hosting a club lobby tonight for Fuji (can't make the race, but we can practice a bit) with race specs and maybe we'll do a 15-30min enduro practice as well. 7:30 pm EST (US) if anyone is interested. We can also talk in there about best way to communicate for club racing days.

See you online!

7:30 pm EST is 1:30 am in France, I won't be there but have fun! :)

Whatever you decide with gurizzi, please let us know in this thread.

See you.

7:30 pm EST is 1:30 am in France, I won't be there but have fun! :)

Whatever you decide with gurizzi, please let us know in this thread.

See you.

Sorry bud! Gotta love the international-ness of this league though! I'll let everyone know what happens tonight.

Guys,

I'll be hosting a club lobby tonight for Fuji (can't make the race, but we can practice a bit) with race specs and maybe we'll do a 15-30min enduro practice as well. 7:30 pm EST (US) if anyone is interested. We can also talk in there about best way to communicate for club racing days.

See you online!
I could come in for a little bit. I got another race scheduled for 9 pm EST. Cya later!:cheers:

Back