(FIA)- GT3 Club/League - Jan.CUP #2 - sign-up post #696 (public & members)Open 

• Thread starter gurizzi
  • 723 comments
January CUP Race #1 - Hints/Tips
- Hello, ALL --

Here is week #1 hints/tips. This video is longer then usual, but with such a difficult course I think it will do a lot to help all of us! The gentlemen who made this video does a great job of explaining how to approach/handle every section on this course in a simple yet effective way. Willow Springs does NOT have braking signs so picking out your own physical landmarks will be important to having consistency.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Lapped car Procedure
Lead cars;
--
To insure safe overtaking between leaders & lappers, Leaders will be required to 'flash' head-lights before overtaking a lapped car. You can ONLY flash head-lights if YOU are a leader overtaking a lapped car. Make sure to check your control settings & have the ability to flash your lights on a comfortable button.

Lapped cars;
-- To insure safety for lapped cars, ALL lapped cars who see an approaching car with flashing lights MUST yield/give corner. (Plz do NOT flash your lights if you are NOT a leader.)

-- Overall, as usual, ALL cars are required to exercise high race etiquette. Any lapped car who exercises poor race etiquette will be suspended one race.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Pit Entry/Exit Procedure
- Willow Springs does NOT have ANY pit-entry/exit markings. As always, everyone is req. to exercise high race etiquette. The key to pit-entry/exit will be awareness & safety.

Pit-entry;
On pit-entry ALL drivers are req. to STAY left on the exit of the final corner in order to enter the pit safely & avoid confusing drivers behind them.

Pit-exit;

On pit-exit ALL drivers are req. to stay left until they reach the apex of turn 1 in order to keep a safe racing environment.

ANY failure to follow/execute these procedure(s) will result in a 1 race suspension & even a ban from the GT3 Club.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

- GT3 Club also has a Driver 'BoP' system. This system is put in place to keep the field as close as possible. We don't want to stop drivers from dominating, we just want to make it a little harder for them to do so.

--- Mods: Engine up-grade/Turbo stage: are prohibited (except on the GT-R)
--- Ballast: If the car you chose requires additional ballast, it is to your benefit. After you add your additional ballast make sure to adjust your ballast position. Once you have done this correctly the balance of your car will be improved & therefore easier to control!
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Driver BoP
- When a driver wins a race, they are given a -5hp reduction in power for the next race.

--- Driver reduction in power will last a minimum of 1 race. If the driver wins again, another -5hp will be added to the BoP . If the driver does NOT win the next race, the reduction will be lifted.

-- Driver 'BoP' reduction applies to the driver regardless of car choice.

January CUP - Race #1 - Free practice session 1
Willow-Header-2.jpg

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

- Hello, ALL -

There will be two Free Practice session 1's - Held tomorrow & Thursday @ 2pm Eastern USA/ 7pm London, UK time.
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

- All CUP race participants can open a practice session lobby at anytime by; community > GT3 Club > Club lobby > load settings > and load the CUP #1 pre-set. This pre-set has ALL race day settings provided.

--- Race day weather/start time/time progression will be locked in after tomorrow FP1 session.

thnx! & cya on course !

Willow-Header-2.jpg

- Hello, ALL -

There will be two Free Practice session 1's - Held tomorrow & Thursday @ 2pm Eastern USA/ 7pm London, UK time.
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

- All CUP race participants can open a practice session lobby at anytime by; community > GT3 Club > Club lobby > load settings > and load the CUP #1 pre-set. This pre-set has ALL race day settings provided.

--- Race day weather/start time/time progression will be locked in after tomorrow FP1 session.

thnx! & cya on course !

FP1 open now!
- join through community > GT3 club > club event

Just to update a couple of the fast lap times, I think Fred got down to a 1:11.7xx once, and I got a 1:12.039. Can't wait for today's practice!

Just to update a couple of the fast lap times, I think Fred got down to a 1:11.7xx once, and I got a 1:12.039. Can't wait for today's practice!

-hey, thermite

np with ur post im just wondering if the post i made with a pic. attached is there?

it has times from yesterday FP1, let me knw thnx

Yes your image with one of the rounds of qualifying is there. The two times I posted occured after you left so I just wanted to let you know :)

Willow-Header-2.jpg

- Hello, ALL -

thnx! & cya on course !

-- Open now!

Sorry guys I did not realize the race was only 1 lap, I couln't stay too long tonight. I can't wait for sunday, although you all seem a lot faster than me! :)

Hello, ALL ---

- Before our GT3 CUP event gets underway, I will be hosting an off-road event on the desert section of Willow Springs. This is in the spirit of the 2015 Dakar Rally! This will just be a short event and might turn into something more in future. This is not really a rally event, but if you like rally it should be fun for you as well. There is only 1 car allowed in this event & all other info can be viewed in the below link.

---- If you would like to simply spectate that would also be appreciated as this event could need two spotters to help guide drivers through a few difficult sections.

Just reply to me here if you would like to help be a spotter!

--- plz sign-up on the link below if you would like to participate in the event as a driver!

https://www.gtplanet.net/forum/threads/dakar-2015-special-test-sunday-jan-4th.322003/

January CUP - Race #1 - Free Practice session 2
10921142.jpg

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

-- Hello, ALL

- GT3 Jan. CUP #1- FP2 will be open today around; 4pm EST USA/9pm London, UK time.

- Club event lobby -

10921142.jpg

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

-- Hello, ALL

- GT3 Jan. CUP #1- FP2 will be open today around; 4pm EST USA/9pm London, UK time.

- Club event lobby -

- Open now !

- Hello, Chad

--- You are more then welcome to join us!

- Please see post #659 & 'like' that post to sign-up !

-- add me on PSN when you get a chance as well.

---- any questions? plz ask!

PSN ID: gurizzi

cya on course!

Gurizzi, Chad is a friend of mine and a co-writer on shiftinglanes. He's better than me. Might give you more of a challenge!

10921142.jpg

-- Hello, ALL

- Club event lobby -

-FP2 - 15min session -

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    1.4 MB · Views: 5
Not sure if I will make it this time, something has come in between and not sure if I will be at home by then, if i'm not going to make it, then I wish you all good luck with the first race of the season.

Last edited:
Thermite's Race Report

Today was a good day.

I knew I had a lot of speed after practice, but I wasn't quite able to replicate that in qualifying. I think HEMI's lap was actually the fastest of the entire week, so good job there! I started 2nd.

So I had the inside lane next to HEMI for the start. I wanted to make darn sure I didn't jump the start because I knew the lights were kind of slow in practice. Sure enough, we had to wait... and wait... and wait. And then I saw HEMI accidentally jump ahead and get a false start, causing a big stack-up in the outside lane. I felt bad for him, but then realized I now had the job of trying to hold the lead from Zeroduck. I was able to slowly pull away to a decent lead by the first pit stop. With my left front completely worn to the cords, I came in with 45 minutes to go and accidentally stayed on RM. However, I knew I would have to make a 3-stop race anyway, so it was ok. I also took just enough fuel.

I came out with a good lead over 2nd place still. I think it was about 12 seconds at this point. Not a whole lot to say about this segment. Just tried to keep hitting my marks. I also got my fastest lap of the race here, a 1:11.7xx. With my left front getting as worn as could be again, I pitted with 30 minutes to go and switched to RH, and again, taking just enough fuel (with a little room to spare).

Segment three was also pretty uneventful. I had to adjust to the different feel of the hards, but that went pretty well. I think Zeroduck reeled me in a tiny bit here, but I had built up over a 20 second lead so I wasn't too worried. I saw him pit with 15 minutes to go, but I decided to stay out an extra lap so my next set of RM wouldn't be burnt by the end of the race.

Here we were, the final segment. I just kept trying to make sure I didn't make any mistakes. Of course you can't go an entire race without some drama. Near the end, I had a close call or two in the last corner when some people went off (might have been when RP ran out of gas). I wanted to give plenty of room, and I clipped the apex kind of hard on the exit. Luckily I didn't lose control. I started to feel relief set in when the clock changed to yellow and we were under 3 minutes to go. I finally was able to bring home a win, and at my least favorite track! Go figure. :D Great race everyone! And thank you to the lapped cars for being good.

Last edited:
Race Report Willow Springs:

Q:
3rd
Get a fair/decent lap that put me in third place. After not having too much time to practice properly during last week due to various reasons I was satisfied with it.

R: 4th
Feeling comfortable ahead to the race and sitting 3rd on the grid and preparing to start, those red light never turned off, so I had a false start which result in an auto penalty and another car hitting the rear of my car resulting in suspension damage, and for consequent resulting in me hitting the back of HEMIata's car.
Not the way we would've wanted to start the race and the season, but at the end we recover fairly good and finished 4th with a 4 stop pit strategy (44 ;))

At the end happy with the result (4th), minimizing damages after not having the adequate practice times to prepare for this first race of the season, and even more after what happened at the start of this race.

So bring it on Fuji, hopefully I'll have more time to practice this time by :)

And for sure, lastly but not least;

👍 Congratulations to thermite on his win at today's race, he simply was the best today, so thumbs up for him. 👍

Back