FIA GT3/GT2 ORDL.CO.UK Pro Series Non Championship Race this Sunday Night GMT all welcomeFinished 

• Thread starter easy9
  • 149 comments
United Kingdom
London
m1racing
Pictures from Round 2 and 3:

GCj5q02.jpg

BpgReSi.jpg

wzJjdVR.jpg

If you like:

- Watching F1 and all their tyre/pit stop strategy
- Pushing these GT3/GT2 cars and tyres to their limit (end of life)
- Long tactical battles with clean drivers
- Fighting for a championship by playing the long game
- Tyre management and pit tactics are important part of this Championship

You will enjoy this event, starting Jan 2014 by ORDL - Online Race Driving League:

http://www.ordl.co.uk/forum/m/17733324/viewforum/3335478

Clean drivers only, every driver must complete in one of the pre-season event without causing an incident. There is a set of rules and penalties on our website, we will look into each complaint as well as watch replays, and penalty will be given to drivers who cause race incidents that could be avoided.
A driver may be banned from attending the next race(s) if drivers cause a race incident intentionally.

We have a comprehensive handicap system to keep both the racing and championship as close as possible.

1)Time & Place:

Host: Private lounge of m1racing

Steward: doctorpotfort + ORDL management

Race Length: Race 1 is appox 20min Race 2 is appox 40min to 50min

The 50min race 2 (the longer race) will be tactical like a compressed F1 race with1 or 2 or possible 3 pit stops, and 2 or more compounds could be used, fuel will be an added issue for extra fun.

Pre-season starts from 15 Dec 2013

Championship race every Sundays from 12th Jan 2014.

7:30pm (UK time) open for warm up

7:45pm 2 to 3 laps warm up race non-compulsory, no points, no penalties, no handicaps and no car checks

7:50pm handicap/car check

7:55pm qualify for 10min to 12min depending on track

8:10pm Race 1 start (appox 20min)

8:45pm Race 2 start (appox 40min to 50min)

Planned pre-season races: 15th, 22nd, 29th Dec and 5th Jan, every drivers new to this series must complete in one of the pre-season or testing event without causing an incident and finish the long race within 180 sec of the time limit.

Drivers can still join the event after it is started, we can set up ‘testing race’ event on weekdays to check new drivers.

2) GT3 Car List:
Provisional car list (to be confirm by 7th Jan 2014) - variations of the following cars:

KdSsizf.jpg

RZWO7Z8.jpg

BMW(max 7 cars from BMW and no more then 4 cars from each variations)-

Z4 GT3 2011 @ 640bhp
M3 GT 2011 @ 700bhp

Audi(max 5 cars from Audi and no more then 3 cars from each variations)-

R8 LMS ultra Team Phoenix 2012 @ 660bhp
R8 LMS ultra 15th Anniv 2012 @ 660bhp

Mercedes-Benz(max 5 cars from Mercedes-Benz and no more then 3 cars from each variations)-

SLS AMG GT3 2011 @640bhp
SLS AMG GT3 15th Anniv 2011 @640bhp

Nissan(max 5 cars from Mercedes-Benz and no more then 3 cars from each variations)-

GT-R NISMO GT3 15th Anniv 2013 @710bhp
GT-R NISMO GT3 N24 Schulze 2013 @710bhp

All Cars are @ 1390KG.

A lot of effort has spent on the balancing of these cars, we can not say they are now performing 100% the same (but that would be boring). However, they all should be competitive over the 10 rounds of this championship. There is also a compulsory car change after round 5.

3) Tracks (Provisional):

10 rounds/tracks.

Following time table confirmed:
t4K8ISZ.png

4) Reg/Lobby setup

-ABS, TC and racing line allowed, all other aids are off
-Damage: weak
-Penalties: off
-Boost: off
-Grip reduction on track edge: Low
-Tire wear/fuel consumption: High on R1 and Normal on R2
-Slipstreaming: weak or real depends on track
-Mic on for management and emergency only, no talking at Q and race
-Tyres: not restricted at most cases– see tyre rules
-Grid start with false start check
-For race 2 reverse grid base on previous result
-Pitstop : not mandatory
-All tunings are allowed

5) Tyres

Race 1 – No restrictions, use any tyres.

Race 2 -

Top 5 finishes of race 1 will not be allow to start race 2 with RS, only RM or RH are allow at the start.

Top 5 finishes of race 1 will have only 2 sets of RS for race 2.

All other drivers can start with any tyres and they will have 3 sets of RS, there are no limits on sets of RM, RH or rain tyres.

If you use 1 pair of RS tyres + 1 pair of RM tyres at the same time, it will be class as 1 set of RS used.

6) Handicaps

BHP

For both Race 1 and 2 - BHP handicap for the championship leaders
30bhp for championship leader
20bhp for 2nd
20bhp for 3rd
10bhp for 4th
10bhp for 5th

For race 2 only - BHP handicaps for the top 4 finishes of race 1
40bhp for winner and 2nd of race 1
20bhp for 3rd and 4th

For example, if you are the championship leader, you will Q and start race 1 with 40bhp handicap. If you finished 2nd on race 1, you will start race 2 with 70bhp handicap.

NEW! Winner of R2 will have 20bhp handicap on next Sunday (for both R1 and R2), in addition to any of the above handicaps. If you miss the races on next Sunday, it will carry on to the Sunday after etc.

2nd on R2 will have 10bhp handicap on next Sunday (for both R1 and R2), in addition to any of the above handicaps. If you miss the races on next Sunday, it will carry on to the Sunday after etc.

Tyres

Top 5 finishes of race 1 will not be allow to start race 2 with RS, only RM or RH are allow at the start.

Top 5 finishes of race 1 will have 2 sets of RS for race 2 and all other drivers will have 3 sets of RS, there are no limits on sets of RM or RH.

If you use 1 pair of RS tyres + 1 pair of RM tyres at the same time, it will be class as 1 set of RS used.

7) Penalties

Also see ORDL website rules section.

7.1 If you are responsible for an incident that could be avoided, there will be 6 sec added to your finishing time the first time on one night of racing, and 12 sec for the second time, 18 sec for the third time etc…..

7.2 If you are responsible for an incident, you must stop at a safe place immediately allow the innocent driver to pass freely to re-establish ahead of your position, failing to stop will net you another 10 sec added to your finishing time the first time on one night of racing, and 20 sec for the second time, 30 sec for the third time etc…..
In addition, time loses of the innocent driver as a result of the incident will be added to your finishing time (max 30 sec).

7.3 If you've overtaken someone using "questionable tactics", such as push pass or corner cutting, you must give back that place, failing to do so will result in 10 sec added to your finishing time the first time on one night of racing, and 20 sec for the second time, 30 sec for the third time etc…..

7.4 When defending on the straight, the leading car has the right to choose his own line down a straight. He can change his racing line once while driving down a straight (move from the outside line to the inside, or vice versa). Each additional change of racing line will net 1 penalty point. As the leading car approaches the next corner, he can return to the racing line of their choice. However, he is not allowed to move into the path of an overlapping car or of the car behind and causes an accident.

7.5 After handicap check, you must stay on track and not to go back to the lobby, it will cost 2 penalty points.

7.6 You must not disconnect from the lobby/race for oil change or any other reason (except for connection problems), it will cost 2 penalty points and you must start from the back on the next race (allow every car to pass you before turn 1) if not that will be another 3 penalty points.

7.7 You must not drive through to pass a transparent car you are battling with, that will cost you 2 points.

7.8 If you DNF/DNS the first race for any reason, or you came in late, you must start from the back on the next race (allow every car to pass you) if not that will be 3 penalty points.

7.9 Cars on the race track have right-of-way over cars entering the race track from the pits or recovering from an off. You have to take care not to interfere with other drivers on the track. Swerving in front of upcoming cars to defend your position is not allowed. When there are other cars around or other car(s) coming down the track, you must not cross the white line and stay on the same side of the track as the pit exit until the next corner, or there will be 2 penalty points. If you cause an incident, additional penalties from 7.1 and 7.2 will apply.

7.10 There is no going into car setup on restarts or at qualify, it will cost 3 penalty points.

7.11 2 WHEELS ON TRACK AT ALL TIMES, track as the black part between the white lines (Kerbs are not part of track). If you gain a place or defended a place by cutting the track, you must give up that place and allow the car behind to pass you, or there will be 3 penalty points.

7.12 If you put on the wrong tyre at a pit stop (e.g. when you are allowed 3 sets of RS, but you put on a 4th set), you may go back to the pit on the next lap and change to the correct tyre or there will be a 45sec time penalty.

7.13 2 penalty points for overtaking other drivers when entering the pit lane.

8) Points System

Race 1 & 2

1st = 15pts
2nd = 14pts
3rd = 13pts
4th = 12pts
5th = 11pts

11th = 5pts
12th = 4pts
13th = 0pts
14th = 0pts

DROP SCORE SYSTEM - each driver's 2 worst scores of the season will be dropped, meaning 18 scores out of 20 will count for the Drivers' Championship. This allows drivers to miss 1 race night without too much disadvantage.

9) General

-Save replay of each race.

-If you are the leading car in a battle you have the right to the racing line, whatever you may deem that to be.
You are no longer classed as the leading car when the driver behind has his front wheels level with your rear wheels. At this stage you are now classed as 'side-by-side'
When side-by-side you can no longer taker the optimum racing line as this will either result in an accident or someone being ran off the track, you must follow either the inside or outside line of the corner depending on which you are on. You are not allowed to cut across the track until you are clear of the car alongside.
Not sticking to these rules when in a 'battle' will result in someone's race being ruined, either by a crash or by penalties and most of all it spoils the fun!

-If you can’t see the car close from behind or side by side (may be at your blind spot) always give extra room when you turn into or out of the next corner, better then have an accident.

-It is the responsibility of the car returning to the track to ensure there are no collisions so that no other drivers have to manoeuvre or brake to allow you to resume racing. If there's a chance of a collision, wait and be patient as other drivers have the right of way.

-There may be stand in/guest driver racing with us from time to time, these will be clean drivers that we have race together in the pass. They will not be given any championship points, but will take handicap like any other drivers.

Last edited:
To sign up

1) Leave a message on this thread
2) Register on our website : http://www.ordl.co.uk/register
3) Send FR to m1racing on PSN
4) Complete in one of the pre-season or testing event without causing an incident
5) Select you race car
6) A spot in the championship is confirmed

Drivers to complete a pre-season event:

Last edited:
Results

Pre Season Race Winning Cars/Drivers So Far (updated on 4 Jan)

AMG SLS x 6 (driven by jok/Yo/Cow/w7)

Nissan GTR x 4 (driven by M1)

Audi R8 x 2 (driven by doc/Lem)

BMW Z4 x 4 (driven by A3rox/Lem)

BMW M3 X 2 (driven by M1)

Last edited:
First pre-season race tomorrow night 7:30pm GMT, you will need one of the following GT3 car:

BMW Z4 GT3
Audi R8 LMS
Mercedes-Benz SLS AMG GT3
GT-R NISMO GT3

Last edited:
Results from 1st pre-season on Motegi

Rp5hU6v.jpg

mSks4H2.jpg

FyrkA5J.jpg

LmI7pVY.jpg

Jokair (SLS) was quickest

others were about the same:

Dave Faster (SLS)
Arox (GTR)
Areticow (SLS)
m1 (BMW M4)
Gus (GTR)

Atlon (SLS) was the slowest most of the time, but he was running RH and other were on RS.

Audi R8 was not used/tested, and there is no clear indication of which cars is quicker at the moment. All we know is Jok is surely the fastest on Sunday night.

I am planning to add the BMW M3GT to the car list, anyone got his car? Please come to one of our testing or pre-season.

Grand Valley next Sunday.

Grand Valley this Sunday

R1 = 9 laps
R2 = 17 laps

GTR @ 660bhp (lowest top speed)
other GT3s @ 630bhp

We will test Med tyres and 60bhp handicap on R2

Nice to meet you guys! It's always great fun racing with you. See you next time! 👍

ps: Btw my nickname (real name) on GT6 is Julien Schein.

Nice to meet you guys! It's always great fun racing with you. See you next time! 👍

ps: Btw my nickname (real name) on GT6 is Julien Schein.

Good to see you on GTP Julien, have you done more testing on the Z4 last Sunday after the race?

It was good racing and testing on Sunday night. There was more contacts on the first laps on all 4 races, but there were many cars trying (up to 12 cars, around 7600BHP all together lol) to get in and out of the first corner, and I don't think we know these cars well enough yet, I am sure we can be gentleman again in 2014 :lol:

Some results from testing:

1) 630bhp is no problem for anyone so we can up it again this Sunday to 660bhp.

2) GTR can be competitive with extra bhp, extra 30 was not enough, we will try extra 40 this Sunday to 700bhp!

3) 50bhp handicap was not enough (Yo), I think we should try 70 or 60 this time.

4) The M3 is looking good, I need to test it soon.

BTW, it is Nub GP/F this Sunday

R1 = 9 laps
R2 = 22 laps

Anyone got some GT500, we will have a little play at the end, start with the same 1120kg and 572bhp as last season.

I would like to try the pre season. What time would you start for PST in the USA? I have the cars also.
My PSN Name is T-n-T-2000.

I would like to try the pre season. What time would you start for PST in the USA? I have the cars also.
My PSN Name is T-n-T-2000.

Welcome, that is what pre-season is for, have a try. Remember to send FR to m1racing.

We are starting at 7:30pm GMT, I thing PST is about 8 hrs behind, so it would be just before noon, I have put up an event counter for you:

img.php

More car list/details coming up in the next 24 hours.

Whats the rule on Turbo and Engine tune? Can't seem to find anything written about it

Hi Bazzer

It is on:

4) Reg/Lobby setup (Provisional)

-Tuning is allowed
So you can use any engine/turbo tune, as long as your car is within the power and weight limit, which is 660bhp for BMW/Audi/AMG, 700bhp for the GTR and 1390kg for all cars at the moment. We will review the BHP after the pre-season this Sunday.

Hi I'd like to do the race on the 22nd I'll be using a Sls but I'll confirm closer. What pp will we be running at ?

Hi I'd like to do the race on the 22nd I'll be using a Sls but I'll confirm closer. What pp will we be running at ?

Welcome. No need to confirm cars for the pre-season events, you can run any GT3s, you can even use different car on each race to test out which car work best for you.

We are not running PP for this championship, it does not work with these GT3 cars. We are running power and weight limits, which is 660bhp for BMW/Audi/AMG, 700bhp for the GTR and 1390kg for all cars at the moment. We will review the BHP after the pre-season this Sunday.

I ran a few laps on all 4 cars after you went last night, SLS is the fastest for me, just pushing the late 1.54s and all the others were similar mid 1.55s. Was and interesting test, especially trying to control that Audi. Very strange car to drive.

I ran a few laps on all 4 cars after you went last night, SLS is the fastest for me, just pushing the late 1.54s and all the others were similar mid 1.55s. Was and interesting test, especially trying to control that Audi. Very strange car to drive.

It is good to know our results are similar, I didn't test the SLS but I got the others (Z4/M3/GTR/R8) all within 0.6 sec of each other for a few laps. I think their performances are fairly close at the current spec, just need to test the SLS next week (or next year lol).

Test results from anyone else?

It is good to know our results are similar, I didn't test the SLS but I got the others (Z4/M3/GTR/R8) all within 0.6 sec of each other for a few laps. I think their performances are fairly close at the current spec, just need to test the SLS next week (or next year lol).

Test results from anyone else?

Hi all, hoping to join pre season tonight at the nurb, what time will it start and do you allow tuning?

I have my amg gt3 but I have had to engine restrict it a d add balast, is that ok? Can I tune? Just want to get it ready...

Cheers Nem

Hi all, hoping to join pre season tonight at the nurb, what time will it start and do you allow tuning?

I have my amg gt3 but I have had to engine restrict it a d add balast, is that ok? Can I tune? Just want to get it ready...

Cheers Nem

Starting 7:30pm.

Tuning is allow, its part of the fun for us. Yes you will need to engine restrict & add ballast.

Have you sent FR already?

Sorry guys didn't know there was a pre season race tonight, was busy anyway but would of let you know i'd not be there normally.

Hhmm interesting that you have the Audi, Z4 + SLS all at identical powers, isn't the Z4 by far the quickest here?

I'm currently testing the 4 GT3 cars (R8, Z4, SLS, GTR) for another series, and have got them spec'd at near enough the same weight (1380kg) but the Z4 is 568 bhp (stg 3 eng + restricted), R8 575bhp (stg 3 eng + restricted), SLS 598bhp (no mods), GTR 588bhp (high rpm turbo + restricted).

Despite them weighting the same and the Z4 having 30 less bhp than the SLS, its just as fast, if not faster. Or is there something higher up the BHP scale I'm missing?

I found the z4 more ofa handful than the sms as to get it to 1390 I had to add 200kg of ballast,

But I did manage to get all 4 cars to 660 bph and 1390 kgs with the exception of the gtr at 700 bph,

Now I just need to figure out, which suits me best and tune it a little

Latest Posts

Back