FIA GT3 & GT4 Spa 200km | Saturday 17th March | Results posted

• Thread starter Adam41
  • 227 comments

If we did another, which track would you want it to be held at?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Just to make things clear regarding the Laguna Seca pit glitch.

I was well aware of the delicate entry you have to do to not be stuck, or have a drive thru.
With this in mind, I enter the pits.. Slooooooow.. It became a drive thru..

I then tryed for 8 straight laps, trying every imaginable approach.. And the car just kept running past my pit crew and out to track with the same old rubber. I had to park to not be a hazard to my fellow racers.

But as I said, I've not heard about anything like it lately, so perhaps it's sorted..

Clearly Eddie paid off your pit crew.

I've heard of the pit bugs there too, but they aren't that frequent and it's an amazing track to throw away given a small chance of an issue. Although it really stinks if it happens to you. Even one pass thru can kill your race, but 8 in a row is just terrible. Maybe I'm partial to the track as it's 1 hour from my front door... but even so I voted for Suzuka. :lol:

The WRS has run several races at Laguna in the last few months without any incidents, but that's certainly no guarantee for a future event.

Clearly Eddie paid off your pit crew.

I've heard of the pit bugs there too, but they aren't that frequent and it's an amazing track to throw away given a small chance of an issue. Although it really stinks if it happens to you. Even one pass thru can kill your race, but 8 in a row is just terrible. Maybe I'm partial to the track as it's 1 hour from my front door... but even so I voted for Suzuka. :lol:

The WRS has run several races at Laguna in the last few months without any incidents, but that's certainly no guarantee for a future event.

Haha! Yea, Eddie always stabs me in the back!! ;)

Yeah, I know, it's not frequent at all.. It's just that when it occurs.. It's sooooo sad.. I was in the run for the win that day.. And ended up dead last due to the glitch.. Not even able to finish the race.

Any other glitch in this game is ofc a set back when it happens to you, but not at all a "from 1st to not even finish the race" glitch..

(It should be possible for a host to use that glitch as a peanalty for a car that are not racing with correct specs.. :lol: )

Last edited:
I checked the baseball schedule and April 14th is a tough one. One baseball game at 8:30 AM Pacific and another at 11:00 AM pacific. Ouch. I'll probably sign up for reserve, attempt a qualification run and join if it rains and the event isn't full.

You can call it the "Tax Day 200K" because US tax filing is due right around that date. I'll be busy that weekend regardless it seems. :sly:

I'm not sure about that weekend just yet, so I would like to reserve for now.
But I will have it posted on my calendar in case the grid isn't full by then.

Adam, have you come up with the new cars yet? Or we gonna do it with the same GT3/GT4 combo?

I have! But what would be the fun in telling you. :sly:

The 'GT3' class will be slightly slower than last time, -20/25 bhp. The slower class will be quite a bit faster than the GT4 cars we have just used.

I checked the baseball schedule and April 14th is a tough one. One baseball game at 8:30 AM Pacific and another at 11:00 AM pacific. Ouch. I'll probably sign up for reserve, attempt a qualification run and join if it rains and the event isn't full.

You can call it the "Tax Day 200K" because US tax filing is due right around that date. I'll be busy that weekend regardless it seems. :sly:

Ah. So we can only hope. :)

I'm not sure about that weekend just yet, so I would like to reserve for now.
But I will have it posted on my calendar in case the grid isn't full by then.

👍

Edit: Forgot to mention I sorted out my Corvette and it's dodgy power and PP. It was because, yes I'm sorry, it wasn't fully broken in. However, that's because I must have RM'ed a Corvette which already had miles on it. And although them miles get reset once you RM it (meaning you have to drive another 187 miles to get it fully broken in), the number of miles that it says the car has done doesn't get reset (since it's essentially the same car occupying the same spot in your garage).

Edit2: I'm not doing very well with this poll lol. Just realised Type V has no Day/Night option. If we went with Nurburgring we could still do Day/Night if we did the 24h version instead of Type V.

Last edited:
Can I vote for Suzuka just to mess with you guys ;)
I will try and make this race next time, My vote would go with Nurburgring Type V

I've decided it will be at Type V or the 24h variation of Nurburgring. Hopefully we get 28 drivers. That's 2 rooms of 14. If there's less than 24-26 drivers though, then sadly we'll have to do 1 room of 16 (again). I'll be getting the thread up over 2 weeks in advance this time. So...

Type V - normal
24h - day/night transition - I will make it so that there's more day then there is night. Start at 13:00 and make sure it ends in the afteroon the following day.

I say 24h. I'll probably end up making the decision myself but want to hear your views. :)

Completely out of the blue and i'm sure it'd been mentioned before but why not Sarthe? I mean, it has the day/night cycle. It's big enough to pass cleanly (not that its an issue), and because it doesn't take 10 minutes to run a lap, you would see a lot more of the other cars instead of racing on your own when the pack splits up.

The new set of lower class cars are only a few mph down on the higher class down the straight - you would end up having the lower class re-taking the higher class ones lol.

But I hear you about more overtaking and essentially that's what these mixed class races are about. It's also not like we can't do quite of a few of these races especially if demand is high, in which case we'll end up going to everyone's favourite track at some point or another.

I'm going to make a decision like I should have just done in the first place :lol::dunce: Thread will be up next week.

I personally wouldn't vote La Sarthe cause Dennis is very strong there and it would be hard to catch him :lol:

I may turn up to the next spot race, ofc if my connection issues arise and I was a danger ill pull out ;). (But ive been doing SC for a series with no lag so im gaining confidence ;))

Btw I voted Fuji as I love the track and barely get to race there.. :P.

I'm going to make a decision like I should have just done in the first place :lol::dunce:

You've got it. Make a decision and they will come. Make a poll and they will discuss and debate and discuss some more. :lol:

But these are discussion groups after all aren't they so I guess it's not that bad unless you actually want some sort of conclusion or decision. :sly:

I personally wouldn't vote La Sarthe cause Dennis is very strong there and it would be hard to catch him :lol:

LOL Minion!!

First of all, I'm NOT that good actually.. I'm a decent hot lapper around Sarthe.. But I always end up making huge and race ending mistakes..

2ndly, I'm not able to race on the proposed date and time sadly.. :(

Back