FIA GT3 & GT4 Spa 200km
Race Time: Saturday 17th March. 9:30 PDT / 12:30 EDT / 16:30 GMT. Convert to your time zone here.
- Anyone can participate.
- You must own DLC Track Pack 1 to partipate.
- Clean and fair racing. Read the GTP OLR Rules.
Circuit de Spa-Francorchamps (no weather).
GT3: 29 Laps. 3 Mandatory pit stops*
GT4: 27 Laps (explained in race procedure). 3 Mandatory pit stops*
*You are not allowed to pit at the end of the formation lap.
Tyres: Racing Hards
Traction Control: OFF
Active Steering: OFF
Skid Recovery Force: OFF
Driving Line: OFF
Grip Reduction on Wet Track/Edge: Real
Visual Damage: OFF
Tire Wear/Fuel Consumption: ON
Slipstream Strength: Weak
- Qualifying will be a 4 lap race consisting of 1 warm up lap, 2 flying laps and a cool down lap. Your fastest lap of the 2 counts.
- GT3 drivers may qualify for GT4 too so that they have the opportunity to race if they don't produce a top 14 time in GT3.
- Use of track is detailed at the bottom of this post, as well as in the GTP OLR rules. A dirty lap will result in a 2% time penalty.
- Your lap must be watched and verified by a fellow participant.
- Post in the thread when you are ready to qualify and someone will get a room up, if there isn't one already up.
- More than 1 driver may qualify at one time, as long as a 30 second gap to the driver ahead is given.
- The Qualifying deadline is Saturday March 17th 8:00 PDT / 11:00 EDT / 15:00 GMT. If you qualify after this time, you will receive a 2% time penalty. If you have not qualified but still want to race, you will start at the back of your class in Division 2 (assuming there is a free spot).
- The top half fastest times in GT3 and GT4 will make up Division 1. The bottom half fastest times in GT3 and GT4 will make up Division 2. Times are recorded HERE.
Race Day Procedure:
At 16:30 GMT, the room will open. Practice (free run) will be held for 25 minutes. PP, power and weight checks will then be performed for both classes. The grid will have been decided in the weekly run up to the Race and will be ordered by lining up in the correct order on track once the track has been reset.
When the race has started, both sets of drivers, GT3 and GT4, should stay put. It would help if GT3 drivers 'paused' their race here so that they become ghosts. The GT4 drivers should then set off slowly in order. They will do a lap at roughly 50-75% pace (down to the pole car of GT4). They should then do another lap, after carefully passing the GT3 cars at the start/finish line, again at 50-75% pace. When they finish their second lap they should exit slowly out of the bus stop chicane. Both classes will then perform their formation lap as explained below. A gap of roughly 15 seconds should be kept between the back of the GT3 field and the front of GT4 field.
Cars will drive at 62mph/100kmh in a staggered formation. The front end of a car shouldn't pass the back end of the car in front (whether the car in front is to your left or right). Weaving on the formation lap is disallowed.
The pole position car will start the formation lap on the side of the grid the game places them on. It is up to the pole position car to determine when to start the race (and therefore exceed 62mph) and should do so within appropiate distance of the start/finish line, and not as soon as he turns on to the straight. Time must be given to the cars behind to exit out of the final corner. You should not overtake the car in front before crossing the start/finish line.
Track Conduct and Penalties:
All drivers must read and follow the GTP OLR rules.
Please PM me or any of the PURE stewards about any race incidents.
These are the things you should not do:
- Weave on the formation lap.
- Cross the start/finish line before the car in front on the formation lap.
- Use the pit entry wall to slow yourself down.
- Exit the pits moving on to the race line too soon. Try and stay inside the white line.
- Run wide/corner cut too many times.
- Cause an avoidable collision. (It shows good racing etiquette to wait up for the driver you was just in a collision with, even if you didn't think it was your fault entirely)
Use of Track:
2 Wheels must be touching what is deemed as "track" at all times! Red+white rumble strips are classed as track. Green concrete/astroturf and run-off areas are not.
You will only be given a penalty if you*gained*time from either driving off track or touching the barriers, and not if you*lost*time.
If you have any further queries about what parts of a track are dirty, then please ask.
Multi-class racing etiquette:
- GT4 drivers should hold their line and shouldn't suddenly change their line whether that be in a corner on down a straight.
- GT3 drivers should have patience and overtake GT4 drivers responsibly.
- Both sets of drivers should always be aware of what is around them. Having a small track map scale helps some drivers to understand where they are in relation to other cars.
1st in Class: any car worth under 1,000,0000 from the NCD or OCD or a choice of ticket.
2nd in Class: any car worth 750,000 or under from the NCD or OCD or a choice of ticket.
3rd in Class: any car worth 500,000 or under from the NCD or OCD or a choice of ticket.
Fastest lap in Class: any car worth 500,000 or under from the NCD or OCD.