FIA World Endurance Championship[Next Race 7/9 Nurburgring GP]

  • Thread starter Thread starter lilcat89
  • 94 comments
  • 4,279 views
I like the 400km races if it was on it's normal schedule. That's why they're called endurance races.
 
Ya gotta say, anything under 2 hours and it just isn't endurance racing....
 
Ya gotta say, anything under 2 hours and it just isn't endurance racing....

i agree
as tough as it was, i enjoyed my long 1v1 with freshseth.
anything less than 2 hours and i wouldnt consider it endurance
 
Some people lose patience and we end up where we were last race with just 2 of us left. The race was 2 and a half hours. I got the patience but I also got a kid who's only 11months old. He doesn't have the patience. And neither does his mother. Hour and a half races in front of a tv screen is endurance in my eyes. During the last race I had to pause for 5 minutes while I changed a diaper! That messed up my strategy and put me off pit sequence. Not trying to make excuses but it's hard to make time for almost 3 hours without interruption.
 
Some people lose patience and we end up where we were last race with just 2 of us left. The race was 2 and a half hours. I got the patience but I also got a kid who's only 11months old. He doesn't have the patience. And neither does his mother. Hour and a half races in front of a tv screen is endurance in my eyes. During the last race I had to pause for 5 minutes while I changed a diaper! That messed up my strategy and put me off pit sequence. Not trying to make excuses but it's hard to make time for almost 3 hours without interruption.

the fact that we were there proves that there are other people like us, just gotta stick it out man :dopey: we'll start picking up serious people as the season moves along, just stick with it! :)
i had fun racing with you last time, and dont doubt that we will have more good races with even more people
and in all honesty, last race, after 60-70laps, i had a decent lead, so i paused and went for a drink/toilet/cigarette break - a very quick one.... :P
 
If you know you can't do 400km races then why sign up for a series that has 400km races?
 
Who said I couldn't do it? Obviously I was able to, but there's reasons as to why now it's hard. You don't live my life, so you can't judge my decisions. I don't think it's appropriate for anyone to question someone on what they do here that happens to pertain to their personal life. I already said I have a kid who's not even a year old. That wasn't an issue before, now it is. I don't have to go into details about it.
 
Whoa calm down man I wasn't trying to offend you lol.
 
I wasn't offended. I think it was a question that already has been answered before in this thread. I already said I had to change a diaper in the middle of the race. I lost two laps because of it but thankfully it was negated by nethereal waiting. He didn't have to though, my laps weren't the best anyway. I was only doing 1:16's when I should have been at least a second faster. I screwed up the settings on the car messing around with another track.
 
Hey guys.... Are we on for this weekend? If so you should change the title of the thread to Nurburgring GP Full circuit etc. etc. Also, were we going to run the abbreviated 1:20-1:30hrs aka 42 laps an hour later or the full 2:00-2:30hrs 77 laps an hour earlier? Just wondering so I can plan my day. Talk to you all soon!
 
Room open btw: 1472-6118-3615-5262-5298
 
Not sure what were running. But I'll try my best to be there. I've been practicing, I think it's the GP/F track, the F1 course. My best so far is the low 1:46's.
 
I'm in this weekend too... Are u online? Anyone wanna practice?
 
I'm not online, but I can get on if you wanna practice for a bit.
 
im for the full 2-2.5 hours, but will race even if shorter
 
nethereal
im for the full 2-2.5 hours, but will race even if shorter

Me too bro, and I know you stuck it out last weekend for the full race. Had my bro no got a DUI the night before, I would have been there right along with you but the fact that only three racers made it to the end (only two of which were still racing) says to me that we should at least poll the others to see what can make this league work better and with more involvement from more players for the whole race. My personal feelings and concern is that the race's time, not so much it's length. The only feasible change that I can see to make the races more convenient too all is to move it back and shorten the races a bit so that those who have time constraints on the back end of the races can still meet those constraints while allowing for a more convenient start time. Does anyone else have a thought on this situation?
 
I already said I'm for whatever. We get chime in's every now and then, but some of the people chiming in didn't even race the whole distance last time. So why should their opinions count for favoring longer races (which we have now) when they didn't even last a quarter of the race we had last weekend?
 
Any1 going to be there tomorrow?
 
Looks like this series is dead, at least in forum activity.
 
Any1 going to be there tomorrow?

It sounds like everyone wants everything the way it was. I havent honestly had the time to put into this that it needs. The time seemed to right for everyone before I changed it, as did the racing. I will probably be out tomorrow for the race. I will see if posimosh will be willing to host the race tomorrow if we can get more than 6 people.
 
I think the time was good because lots of others are involved with different race series which take place at the same time.
 
I think I am going to push the next race back from tomorrow to next week. The next race will be move back to the original time and see if everyone returns. Then, I will make a decision of what needs to be changed.
 
Ok. Guess I have another week of practice then.
 
bummer... so whats the verdict? I'm starting the "Super Endurance" group on the 9th of july... I'm not sure what time but it looks to be afternoon. hmmm
 
Lilcat What do you say we reboot this league @ a time thats good for everyone on a day thats good for everyone with the length we like?
 
knock knock
 
Sounds good to me.
 
I'll be online today if anyone want some practice. Just find me.
 
Back