Do you want more fictional cars in GT7?

• Total voters

The87Dodge

(Banned)
United States
Seattle, WA
rizkeat
Hi there,

Do you want more fictional cars in GT7 (LM race cars, RMs, etc)? Here is a thread to discuss your thoughts on fictional cars in GT7. VGT's are considered as fictional.

Last edited:
....Okaaay, fictional cars, eh? Hmm, yeah why not. I mean as long as it's not a Battlestar Galactica mobile or something.
There are some wonderful designs floating around in the Interwebz and I really wouldn't mind seeing one or two in GT.

Like these:

lamborghini_resonare_1.jpg

lamborghini_querderro_concept_4.jpg

An LM or RM version of a real car is considerably more real than a fictional VGT.
I think he means the PD designed variants of existing cars. Wording just seems odd.

It's still fantasy.
Yes, that's what I said, a fictional car but designed to fit with other real cars. A fantasy GT500 or GT3 or DTM...whatever. I didn't have much interest in an RM's simply because they couldn't compete on an equal basis with other cars. Now a fantasy GT500 or LMP2 or whatever is a different story.

Last edited:
Yes, that's what I said, a fictional car but designed to fit with other real cars. A fantasy GT500 or GT3 or DTM...whatever. I didn't have much interest in an RM's simply because they couldn't compete on an equal basis with other cars. Now a fantasy GT500 or LMP2 or whatever is a different story.
That's why they add real race cars, these fictional race cars give PD an opportunity to create interesting regulations for a machine or group of machines. I'd prefer them to make more of the TC and Rally Car type of machines introduced for GT5, but with GT6 cars as a basis. Those are really cool.

That's why they add real race cars, these fictional race cars give PD an opportunity to create interesting regulations for a machine or group of machines. I'd prefer them to make more of the TC and Rally Car type of machines introduced for GT5, but with GT6 cars as a basis. Those are really cool.
I raced an absolute ton online in GT5 and quite a bit on GT6 and the some of the rarest cars of all were the RM's because they didn't fit in with any other cars, you had to race them separately in one-make races and that's not popular at all online. Like it or not, people want to race series. GT500 was very popular, DTM, LMP's etc. I don't see much point in creating more standalone racing cars that will look nice in the showroom, get a few laps here or there and then just be put away to collect dust like most of the cars in the game. It seems like a lot of effort for very little result. Designing at least some of them to fit in with series expands opportunities to fill out some of the more underutilized grids and will provide more incentives to use the cars and bring them to the forefront.

One problem I see with fictional cars is the specifications. PD will have to make up specs such as horsepower, drivetrain, weight, etc. These specs may not match the cars well in some occasions.

I raced a ton on GT5 too and I barely saw racecars, pp based street car racing was the most commonplace racing I saw. Just because you don't see them often doesn't mean people won't like to use them or race them. It'd be cool if PD were to design a set of machines based around a set of regulations, not necessarily based on real regulations like GT3 or GT500/300. Even then some of the existing RM/TCs can run amongst other machines if they are specced alongside them.

One problem I see with fictional cars is the specifications. PD will have to make up specs such as horsepower, drivetrain, weight, etc. These specs may not match the cars well in some occasions.
This is the easiest part. Specs are known and if other cars exist within those regulations, duplicating their performance should be easy. Copy/paste + a few tweaks, new engine sound and voila, new car. A little performance testing prior to release to ensure compatibility and you're done.

I raced a ton on GT5 too and I barely saw racecars, pp based street car racing was the most commonplace racing I saw. Just because you don't see them often doesn't mean people won't like to use them or race them. It'd be cool if PD were to design a set of machines based around a set of regulations, not necessarily based on real regulations like GT3 or GT500/300. Even then some of the existing RM/TCs can run amongst other machines if they are specced alongside them.
Nascar, GT300/500, some DTM and LMp were quite popular in GT5, several dozen per night in it's heyday. Other series not so much, mainly because there weren't enough cars to fill out grids and people generally don't prefer single make races in open lobbies, hence....

Potential variants of real cars yes, as in what would sports car x be like if it was made to GT3 spec? Silly VGT cars which wouldn't work in this reality and don't even have the room inside for a driver? They can sod off.

Racing modifications for instance have been a great addition through the series, nonsense like the chaparral should be left to the arcade games.

LM cars should be expanded upon. Would be great if PD managed to do a racing version of every significant car (No duplicates). VGT's are nice but I prefer real cars.

I wouldn't mind the fictional LM cars, as long as some of them were at least semi-premium.
But Gran Turismo is supposed to be the Real Driving Simulator, so why have a bunch of fictional cars?

Personally if there was a livery editor that would more than compensate for the supposed lack of variety caused by removing fantasy cars.
I agree. All we need is some more aero kits, rear wing availability, maybe some more cars that can have alternate rear view mirrors and such and then an actual livery editor on top of that would allow for so many unique automobiles in the game. Then take into account the performance upgrades that are available. We can create such a diverse range of any particular model of car with those tools. I think some people would also like to have the ability to adjust the width of their tires, but if that were possible, I'm sure the majority of people would just want to put on as wide of a tire as the game allowed for an increased contact patch - the way that so many people apply RS tires to street cars.

I don't believe that we need fictional cars to spice up the selection of cars in "the real driving simulator", but I do think a livery editor would be an enormous positive for the game.

Not sure how that's a problem, since PD has had no problem making up the specs on real cars for years now.

Back