Fictional Cars In GT7...

• Thread starter The87Dodge
  • 59 comments

Do you want more fictional cars in GT7?

• Total voters
fictional cars? well why not.
But i want them in a context, just like the Formula Gran Turismo or the racing Ruf from PCar. Concept fictional cars are another matter, i'd still accept them.

Not sure how that's a problem, since PD has had no problem making up the specs on real cars for years now.
Yes, but I bet some specs are mistakes, not PD dreaming up their own specs. The only exception is the curb weight of the Volvo 240 GLT.

Yes, but I bet some specs are mistakes, not PD dreaming up their own specs. The only exception is the curb weight of the Volvo 240 GLT.
ed7aa2c342bf73b7dd6e4b8e150b5507.jpg

Vision Gran Turismo will be immortalized and be present in upcoming GTs, so every GT will have fictional cars.

Cos GT6 is totally the worst when it comes to that...
*wild, laser powered car appears*
You win!

*looks at thread title*

Hmmm, yep, we are in fact talking about GT. Just checking.

Pro-tip: "but other people do it too!" Is something you want to avoid saying when it's a negative trait.

Yes and no. Stuff based on real actual cars has never been a problem to me, and adding concept cars that have actually been built is fine too. Pure virtual cars with no basis in reality however, should probably be limited, and certainly not be the only additional vehicle DLC we get.

im just saying that it isn't that uncommon (that F-150 will reach 310 km/h, the same as a 2005 bentley) and that we should deal with it

-> If I would like to see some fictional cars, it has to be from either legitimate design houses or manufacturers...

italdesign-giugiaro-hybrid-concept.jpg

aston-martin-dbc-concept-designboom02.jpg

...and within bounds and criteria, vehicles from other notable games like Rockstar's GTA series and/or Namco-Bandai's Ridge Racer.

maxresdefault.jpg

6p13d5.jpg

rrbolddesigns01.jpg

:)

There should also be a set of criteria that any design should meet.

Can a driver actually fit inside this car?
Is there room for an engine?
Can it actually move under the laws of physics that bind us all?

-> ...
There should also be a set of criteria that any design should meet.

Can a driver actually fit inside this car?
Is there room for an engine?
Can it actually move under the laws of physics that bind us all?
^ My head still scratches with this laser-powered Chevy Chaparral:

chaparral-876.jpg

^ At least the Nike car from GT4 made sense:

NikeONE2022.jpg

:indiff:

the laser is supposed to push the air backwards due to its incredible power. Yes, this is like asking a car to go forward based on exhaust gases :)
Also, I guess noone thought about the damage to the roads, even something as strong as a landing strip would be pounded out of existence eventually

Last edited:
-> ...
@The Vanishing Boy, you forget to mention Burnout series ;)
^ I was going to mention the Burnout series. But just I was about to hit that [Post Reply] button, I realized that Criterion Games is under (or should I say, enslaved by) Electronic Arts (Sauron-like overlords). :grumpy:

-> If EA wasn't even willing to share Porsche, what more the Burnout series of cars? :indiff:

I say Hero cars should be in GT7.

K.I.T.T.
BAN-ONE
MAD MAX V8 INTERCEPTOR
The General Lee
Blues Brothers Plymouth Gran Fury
Crockett's 365GT convertible
Lone Wolf McQuade's Ramcharger
A-team van
Big Foot
Mustang 390GT
Magnum PI 308GTS
1966 Batmobile
Eleanor

Just to name a few...

if you can use them in races and they make gamers happy, then i dont see why not. i mean back in the day every car game had nothing but fantasy cars, so why stop the trend? makes all think "what if"

if you can use them in races and they make gamers happy, then i dont see why not. i mean back in the day every car game had nothing but fantasy cars, so why stop the trend? makes all think "what if"
I'll give you a why not. Because fantasy cars replace real cars. I'd rather have real cars than fantasy cars and everyone I know in online racing feels the same way. I don't mind a fantasy car here or there, a couple new ones every game, but the vast majority of cars I'd like to see are real cars, cars I see on the street or on the internet. You only have X number of modelers and they can make 2 cars/year according to PD. 1 fantasy car replaces 1 real car, assuming it's modeled with a full interior. Real cars beat fantasy every time.

I'll give you a why not. Because fantasy cars replace real cars. I'd rather have real cars than fantasy cars and everyone I know in online racing feels the same way. I don't mind a fantasy car here or there, a couple new ones every game, but the vast majority of cars I'd like to see are real cars, cars I see on the street or on the internet. You only have X number of modelers and they can make 2 cars/year according to PD. 1 fantasy car replaces 1 real car, assuming it's modeled with a full interior. Real cars beat fantasy every time.
I agree. There is no reason to have fantasy cars over real models - considering how infrequently we get new real cars. This isn't the 1980s when car manufacturers weren't sure if they wanted to license their product names/likenesses. Car manufacturers recognize the benefit of having their cars in these games that get played by millions.

Don't 99% of us play GT6 because we are looking for "realism"? Otherwise, wouldn't it be easier to just play a total arcade style game with super easy "physics"? We play these sims because they present a challenge and why would I want a make believe car over one that actually exists in real life? It doesn't make any sense at all.

I voted yes, but mainly because I wouldn't mind seeing more fictional race cars like they have done in the past. I would love to see the Mitsubishi FTO LM from GT3 make a come back for instance in full premium form.
hqdefault.jpg

Not just this, but I wouldn't mind seeing PD make fictional FIA GT3 race cars like maybe a Ruf RGT GT3 like in Project Cars.
231697-GTAIV-2014-11-25-05-16-21-361.jpg

I honestly thought that this was kinda neat and a nice way to get around Porsche & EA's nonsense. Now, if PD took this a step further with other cars; I would welcome that.

Last edited:
-> If anyone can recall:

36972-Gran_Turismo_2_-_Simulation_Mode_[NTSC-U]-1.jpg

219.jpg

670px-Get-a-Formula-One-Car-in-Gran-Turismo-3-Step-3.jpg

latest

^ These batch here are some of the fictional cars based on a real-life vehicles. Just look at these LM Editions, none of which exists in real-life.

-> As of movie cars, it has to meet a strict criteria of eligibility towards realism (Dodge's The Wraith) rather than sillyness (Chitty-Chitty-Bang-Bang).

-> PDI may use some vehicles from other 1st party developers within Sony like:

Rallycross (PS1)
hqdefault.jpg

Motorstrom series (PS3)
apocalypse.jpg

Pixeljunk Racers (PS3)
PJ-museum.jpg

:)

Back