Final Fantasy XIII

There have been good and bad points about all the combat systems so far. I think my problem is that instead of taking what worked and evolving the system, they tend to throw the baby out with the bathwater and start completely afresh.

I've got nothing against them trying new stuff. I do object when they ditch good, fun, strategic parts of established systems for no other reason than trying something new. If it ain't broke, don't break it.

I think the ideal combination would be gambits to dictate gameplay coupled with IX's Item System (whereby weapons, armour and items have innate abilities that can be learned with AP) to influence character development. And possibly some variation on the Spheregrid to allow for customisation or to create character classes, though that might be a needless complication.

I agree. However, with Kitase and Wada wanting to push XIII not only as a JRPG, but as a entirely new genre all together, I think that you will never see another traditional JRPG out of Square again. Yes, XIV was a disaster, and with XV nowhere in sight, what else are they going to do, nothing? God forbid that idle hands are going to do idle work here.

They pretty much have this gen slated out already with the FFX remake(let's face it, if you are going from one engine to another, then it is a bloody remake), Kingdom Hearts 1.5 HDR, FF XIV 2.0, and that is pretty much it.

basically every one should steer clear of se and not give them money in any kind of way. we could have had 3 ff titles this gen, with some good and great ones. all we got was bad and worse, with the worst one in sight for the future.

I'm a huge fan of the FF series.
One of the most complete and strategic game I've played was FFXI. It was maybe too complicated but its the way FF is suppose to be, or was.
It was from PS2 and somehow Squeenix, like many other, went over their head during the PS3 era. I hope they don't repeat the same mistake with their new platform.

Love the FF series. Have played all of them up to FFVIII. Even named my daughter Rinoa :) Have found, since kids have taken over my life, that I can't start playing any FF game or else they don't eat for a few days and the house goes to crap...I get that enveloped :)

Yoichi Wada resigns as Square Enix CEO
x57nq.jpg

I know from all FF, the XIII saga is the "worst", but I can't take Lightning from my head.
Lightning and Serah are absolutely beautiful.
For ome reason, this comment really bothers me - as if Lightning and Serah's only redeeming value is in their beauty.

Should I get XIII, XIII-2 or something other than XIII? I haven't played any FF games besides Tactics for the PS1 so I'm quite unfamiliar with everything :P . I've read that XIII-2 is a lot less linear than XIII so I'm thinking XIII-2 for now.

Should I get XIII, XIII-2 or something other than XIII? I haven't played any FF games besides Tactics for the PS1 so I'm quite unfamiliar with everything :P . I've read that XIII-2 is a lot less linear than XIII so I'm thinking XIII-2 for now.

XIII-2 it's better than XIII, is less linear and the story is better. Between XIII and XIII-2 choose XIII-2.
You can also wait for FFX HD, but FFX is more linear than XIII.

If you have a PS2 (or a backwards-compatible PS3) lying around, get XII. :P

I checked and my PS3 isn't backwards compatible :grumpy:. The good ones are always in PS1/2...

@XtremeBadass

So XIII-2 it is. I don't need XIII to figure out what's going on, do I? No matter, there's Google for that :D

Also, someone needs to teach me how to put two quotes on a single post.

I checked and my PS3 isn't backwards compatible :grumpy:. The good ones are always in PS1/2...

@XtremeBadass

So XIII-2 it is. I don't need XIII to figure out what's going on, do I? No matter, there's Google for that :D

Also, someone needs to teach me how to put two quotes on a single post.

If you play XIII, you will understand the story better, but the XIII-2 main menu has a summary of each chapter of XIII, you actually don't need use google.:sly:

If you play XIII, you will understand the story better, but the XIII-2 main menu has a summary of each chapter of XIII, you actually don't need use google.:sly:

I'm looking forward to the mass confusion as soon as I get this game :P. It took me a while to figure out how everything works in FF:T. I wonder if this will be easier to work with.

I got the game now. I'm stuck at Augusta Tower AF 300. Im also reading about other people being in "episode x". How do i see which episode im in currently?

EDIT:
Silly me. I figured it out :dopey:

Last edited:
I might be in the minority, and while the FFXIII Saga hasn't been the best one by any stretch, I've still gotten my enjoyment out of FFXIII and FFXIII-2, so I'm looking forward to wrapping it up with Lightning Returns.

Back