Finally bought it

I finally bought this game as well. Took advantage of the PSN sale over the weekend. Figured $13 for the version with all of the DLC was a steal.

Coming from Gran Turismo Sport, it’s definitely a different experience. And it’s somewhat frustrating to someone that’s been a pad player for much of his sim racing “career.” I messed with some control sensitivity setups and may have found something that suits my driving style, but it’s still difficult to keep the car on the track. I had similar experiences with PC1. It reminds me of when I tried to drive a FR car for the first time in GT1.

My only other issue right now is the menu UI. They’re a bit cumbersome and turn me off from playing the game sometimes. But again, I’m a longtime GT player and am used to their more horizontally spaced out menu styles.

I also finally bought the game last week and was able to give it a try on Sunday.

I haven't played much but I have to say, so far I'm positively impressed. To some extent, I find it easier than Gran Turismo, not in terms of lap times yet but in terms of controlling the car. The feedback you get to your steering wheel is far richer than GT and you can really feel what the car is doing and react in time. I just wish the feedback from gravel and curbs was a little stronger, gravel feels almost flat.

I'm looking forward to dive in a bit deeper, trying more cars, dynamic weather and time and all the rest, so much stuff! :D

I also finally bought the game last week and was able to give it a try on Sunday.

I haven't played much but I have to say, so far I'm positively impressed. To some extent, I find it easier than Gran Turismo, not in terms of lap times yet but in terms of controlling the car. The feedback you get to your steering wheel is far richer than GT and you can really feel what the car is doing and react in time. I just wish the feedback from gravel and curbs was a little stronger, gravel feels almost flat.

I'm looking forward to dive in a bit deeper, trying more cars, dynamic weather and time and all the rest, so much stuff! :D
Turn the FX up to feel more curbs/bumps etc however if you go to high you may experience clipping & you run the risk of drowning out subtle ffb information such as tyre slip.

I personally run FX on 0 (Raw) so I feel all the other information, then it is what it is depending on what car I'm driving

Bare in mind that if you run soft suspension and/or low tyre pressure the the FX will feel weaker than if you run hard suspension and/or higher tyre pressure.

After only playing career mode for a week with the lower powered cars I decided to try a private test run. The car and track was selected automatically which was the McLaren 720s at long beach. First few laps with aids set to authentic was a struggle. Trying to keep it in a straight line in the lower gears was hard but after several laps I'd manage to understand how to drive it. What a buzz. Best feeling I've had in a car game.

Turn the FX up to feel more curbs/bumps etc however if you go to high you may experience clipping & you run the risk of drowning out subtle ffb information such as tyre slip.

I personally run FX on 0 (Raw) so I feel all the other information, then it is what it is depending on what car I'm driving

Bare in mind that if you run soft suspension and/or low tyre pressure the the FX will feel weaker than if you run hard suspension and/or higher tyre pressure.

What's clipping ? How do you know when you are experiencing clipping ?

After only playing career mode for a week with the lower powered cars I decided to try a private test run. The car and track was selected automatically which was the McLaren 720s at long beach. First few laps with aids set to authentic was a struggle. Trying to keep it in a straight line in the lower gears was hard but after several laps I'd manage to understand how to drive it. What a buzz. Best feeling I've had in a car game.

You can select in the test drive... Thats only the default choice.

What's clipping ?
It's when your wheel gets overloaded with ffb requests. It can only reproduce a limited amount of actions at one time* and when the information being sent bypasses this level some of the ffb requests get dropped - or clipped. You might not actually notice anything but you will probably be losing some of the more subtle effects.

It's that red bar, I mentioned in my post, that indicates that all is not well and that you possibly should reduce your levels slightly.

* For example. If you have a high volume setting causing the wheel to resist the turning action it can't then at the same time reproduce many of the tyre slip effects. Then if you add on road and kerb effects as well something has got to give way.

I should add that more advanced wheels are better for reduced clipping since they have more powerful motors.

Last edited:
It's when your wheel gets overloaded with ffb requests. It can only reproduce a limited amount of actions at one time* and when the information being sent bypasses this level some of the ffb requests get dropped - or clipped. You might not actually notice anything but you will probably be losing some of the more subtle effects.

It's that red bar, I mentioned in my post, that indicates that all is not well and that you possibly should reduce your levels slightly.

* For example. If you have a high volume setting causing the wheel to resist the turning action it can't then at the same time reproduce many of the tyre slip effects. Then if you add on road and kerb effects as well something has got to give way.

I should add that more advanced wheels are better for reduced clipping since they have more powerful motors.

Wow, I didn't expect this level of information.

Thank you my good Sir.

Even in the middle of the night, your explanation were clear and simple to understand.

I have not played with PC2 since Friday, been busy but I can't wait to jump back into it, and see if I still like it :)

For PC owners, PC2 digital copies are $7 and $13 for the Deluxe right now, CDKeys with Steam activation.

Worth it in my opinion even when PC3 will "soon" come out.

I agree it is worth it, but don't think PC3/R will be out soon!
8th
I finally bought this game as well. Took advantage of the PSN sale over the weekend. Figured $13 for the version with all of the DLC was a steal.

Coming from Gran Turismo Sport, it’s definitely a different experience. And it’s somewhat frustrating to someone that’s been a pad player for much of his sim racing “career.” I messed with some control sensitivity setups and may have found something that suits my driving style, but it’s still difficult to keep the car on the track. I had similar experiences with PC1. It reminds me of when I tried to drive a FR car for the first time in GT1.

My only other issue right now is the menu UI. They’re a bit cumbersome and turn me off from playing the game sometimes. But again, I’m a longtime GT player and am used to their more horizontally spaced out menu styles.

I agree that the user interface can use lots of work. On some menu selection when it just highlights the menu, sometimes it can be difficult to tell if it is highlighted. Lots of other things to. Some other things are good though, like it is very easy to get to options, even just pausing the race and can change options.

:lol:
How rumors made, lol. You both came with the date so quick, so I have to ask. nwm

Not sure where the 8th came from in my message - would like to say that I know something but the fact of the matter is do not.;)
Personally I might be moved on to Automoblista 2 by end of June. Been reading and watching videos on that game almost everyday. Seems like most everyone has really good things to say about it. The only thing that conserns me is lack of official licensed cars compared to PC2 and I am sure track count is considerablly less. Someday maybe we can just have one car game that does it all.

How rumors made, lol. You both came with the date so quick, so I have to ask. nwm

I know nothing! Certainly nothing more than anyone else with no special knowledge - however I'm sure PC3/R will be a next generation title as PC2 already reached the limits of the current generation. If it is August the 8th (but I have no idea why it should be) then 2021?

:lol:

Not sure where the 8th came from in my message - would like to say that I know something but the fact of the matter is do not.;)
Personally I might be moved on to Automoblista 2 by end of June. Been reading and watching videos on that game almost everyday. Seems like most everyone has really good things to say about it. The only thing that conserns me is lack of official licensed cars compared to PC2 and I am sure track count is considerablly less. Someday maybe we can just have one car game that does it all.

I will have to check out Automobilista 2
What do you think about Assetto Corsa Competition?

I will have to check out Automobilista 2
What do you think about Assetto Corsa Competition?

I just have PS4 right now. From what I have read and the few videos that I have seen Assetta Corsa seems like a good sim. As long as your only wanting the GT3 and GT4 type of cars. I am not that interested in it. Provided that I do go the PC route would 1st consider Automobilista 2 and then perhaps something else later on towards holiday time frame. I am still using the same computer that I purchased 10 years ago, but not for any type of gaming. Still works okay to browse the web, listen to spotify and videos etc. Use a 39" tv/monitor that purchased cheap at Walmart 3 years ago or so as it had a vga connection. I have regular assetta corsa, just never really have played it to much. It's okay and in general cars feel more natural compared to Project Cars. The user interface is pretty bad though would give it like 1 out of 5, while PC would be a 3.5. GTS would be a 5 for user interface.

I just have PS4 right now. From what I have read and the few videos that I have seen Assetta Corsa seems like a good sim. As long as your only wanting the GT3 and GT4 type of cars. I am not that interested in it. Provided that I do go the PC route would 1st consider Automobilista 2 and then perhaps something else later on towards holiday time frame. I am still using the same computer that I purchased 10 years ago, but not for any type of gaming. Still works okay to browse the web, listen to spotify and videos etc. Use a 39" tv/monitor that purchased cheap at Walmart 3 years ago or so as it had a vga connection. I have regular assetta corsa, just never really have played it to much. It's okay and in general cars feel more natural compared to Project Cars. The user interface is pretty bad though would give it like 1 out of 5, while PC would be a 3.5. GTS would be a 5 for user interface.
Personally, I'd reverse those last two. AC gets a 6/5 from me and Turdismo Spurt gets a 3.5/5. May look pretty but there's no functionality. Function over aesthetics.
Content Manager is nothing short of marvelous. Every option you want, anything you could dream of doing, you can do. You can race any car against any other while adding personalized ballast and restriction to each car separately. There is no Gr.X crap or not "allowed" to do this or that. It will change the way you see anything else due to it's achievements. With 2700+ cars and 500+ tracks, or that's at least what I have, there is more material than you could ever master or learn for that matter. Mind bending. And as far as weather? There's like 20 of them, you can race in a thunderstorm with lightning, sleet, hail, smoke, sand, blizzard.
PC2 is still a bit more immersive due to the engine being used. There's something about the way it looks that puts you on the track. I keep coming back to it and with the Custom FFB files, you can make PC2 feel pretty close to AC. You can get rid of some of the faults that PC2 FFB causes. Not all of them but a lot of them. Feels like a different game.
You can't judge AC from what was brought to console. Super watered down. It's not the same now that Custom Shaders Patch and SOL have been introduced. Hours go by and there isn't even a career mode in sight. Most time is spent in AC and then PC2 and then ACC and rF2 after that.

Personally, I'd reverse those last two. AC gets a 6/5 from me and Turdismo Spurt gets a 3.5/5. May look pretty but there's no functionality. Function over aesthetics.
Content Manager is nothing short of marvelous. Every option you want, anything you could dream of doing, you can do. You can race any car against any other while adding personalized ballast and restriction to each car separately. There is no Gr.X crap or not "allowed" to do this or that. It will change the way you see anything else due to it's achievements. With 2700+ cars and 500+ tracks, or that's at least what I have, there is more material than you could ever master or learn for that matter. Mind bending. And as far as weather? There's like 20 of them, you can race in a thunderstorm with lightning, sleet, hail, smoke, sand, blizzard.
PC2 is still a bit more immersive due to the engine being used. There's something about the way it looks that puts you on the track. I keep coming back to it and with the Custom FFB files, you can make PC2 feel pretty close to AC. You can get rid of some of the faults that PC2 FFB causes. Not all of them but a lot of them. Feels like a different game.
You can't judge AC from what was brought to console. Super watered down. It's not the same now that Custom Shaders Patch and SOL have been introduced. Hours go by and there isn't even a career mode in sight. Most time is spent in AC and then PC2 and then ACC and rF2 after that.

Was just speaking of AC on the console. Then mainly just GTS on visual side of user interface and not necessarily functionality. I agree with you on downfalls of GTS car classes. Jut for the fun of it and just to see if the game would let you. Just finished a PC2 session and mixed Indy Car with Go-Karts along with GT3.

Last edited:

Latest Posts

Back