Finally bought it

United States
United States
Well. After reading and watching many video reviews. I bought Pc2 for ps4. I played it for a while. Well after setting up all the different options, and all that. Took bout 15 minutes to do that. And personally I was kinda disappointed. I know I haven't played it enough to condemn it completely. But wow. I dont know. Really hard. I thought I was a fairly good racer. Been playing racing games for 25 years. I still have a lot to learn with this one. Looks and sounds great though. I know I just need to get some seat time. I thought of Assetto Corsa but I'm doing alot better on it now.

Last edited:
But wow. I dont know. Really hard. I thought I was a fairly good racer. Been playing racing games for 25 years. I still have a lot to learn with this one.
I think that's it. The game isn't hard as such it's just a different driving experience to some of the other race games out there. It does take a bit of seat time (and yes a some time adjusting the settings to your liking) to get the hang of the handling model. Some only give it a little time and say it's not for them. But spending more time often gets most people hooked when it all clicks into place. Stick with it - at least for a while longer. ;)

Try some of the lower powered road cars and work up. People tend to dive straight in to the hypercars and crash on the first corner they come to. :)

It does take a bit of seat time (and yes a some time adjusting the settings to your liking) to get the hang of the handling model.
A big part of the learning curve isn't even the handling model per se, but the effects of the weather/temperature/track modelling on the handling. Between the globe-trotting track list, calendar simulation, and class-specific tires, it is extraordinarily easy to blunder into a session that is more or less incompatible with your car's tire compound(s).

Well. After reading and watching many video reviews. I bought Pc2 for ps4. I played it for a while. Well after setting up all the different options, and all that. Took bout 15 minutes to do that. And personally I was kinda disappointed. I know I haven't played it enough to condemn it completely. But wow. I dont know. Really hard. I thought I was a fairly good racer. Been playing racing games for 25 years. I still have a lot to learn with this one. Looks and sounds great though. I know I just need to get some seat time. I thought of Assetto Corsa but I'm doing alot better on it now.

I just got the game this month, I normally play GT & sometimes F1 2019(retired games since it crap)
If you expecting a GT or F1 game you will be disappointed, this game is way better, it does take time getting used to it I am still playing with my basic settings like FOV etc, I started with the Career on AI 70 Aggressiveness 80.
You just need to get used to all the information given to you & use it.
All I can say is I wish I didn't waste my money on F1 & got this game early last year.
Take your time don't expect to be Pro driver in a day.

Watch the PC2 information video 1 to 50 it will help a lot if you like me you will watch it more than 1s.

I just got the game this month, I normally play GT & sometimes F1 2019(retired games since it crap)
If you expecting a GT or F1 game you will be disappointed, this game is way better, it does take time getting used to it I am still playing with my basic settings like FOV etc, I started with the Career on AI 70 Aggressiveness 80.
You just need to get used to all the information given to you & use it.
All I can say is I wish I didn't waste my money on F1 & got this game early last year.
Take your time don't expect to be Pro driver in a day.

Watch the PC2 information video 1 to 50 it will help a lot if you like me you will watch it more than 1s.
Well I got f1 2019 in Oct andit is a very good game. But I got about 80 bucks tied up in it. I bought Pc2 used. Got a pretty good deal. Had to delete some games I wasn't playing. I didnt have enough space. I'm a GT player. My favorite game. But it is not even close to this. I thought F1 2019 was hard. I do pretty good on it now. Plus the fact that I'm waiting on my G29 wheel. Be here Tuesday. Cant wait to see if there's alot of difference. I know there will be but I just hope its positive.

Just wanna thank you guys for the input. This is a great forum. Its helped me on more than one occasion. Thanks and keep up the good work. :gtpflag:

Last edited:
A big part of the learning curve isn't even the handling model per se, but the effects of the weather/temperature/track modelling on the handling. Between the globe-trotting track list, calendar simulation, and class-specific tires, it is extraordinarily easy to blunder into a session that is more or less incompatible with your car's tire compound(s).
Another big part of the learning curve is that some cars have been given real attention by SMS and have the right feel. Others however are just so very weak and really teach you nothing about the game or its physics/handling.

Another big part of the learning curve is that some cars have been given real attention by SMS and have the right feel. Others however are just so very weak and really teach you nothing about the game or its physics/handling.
And unfortunately, SMS had been patching the messed-up cars over time, before they could no longer afford to put out updates.

Ok so finally after a year of debating on getting, but more like waiting for a good deal, which it is right now at an insanely good price on PSN, I pulled the trigger this morning, but due to unexpected events today (and buying the game today was also part of the unexpected), I haven't played it yet at this point.

After reading all of you on this forum about PC2, I guess IF I want to properly and correctly enjoy this game/sim: I have to:
1) NOT expect anything from it, at least not to compare it with GT. I can compare, but I should NoT expect PC2 to be the same thing as GT
2) take my sweet times and learn to play from rock bottom, starting from a lower power car, just like you can't expect to hop into the Dodge Demon in real life and expect to be a drift king...
pC2 doesn't work like that, as it should be in real life...
In GT, when you play high power cars, they are somewhat more forgiving and we all take that for granted.
I have no objection to do this. It is in my nature to always start slow, start from the bottom of the scale and I never desire to hop into power powered, exotic cars like everyone does.
The philosophy of starting from "scratch" at the bottom of the food chain is something I like with GT2/4 and I miss that I will have no objections in starting In a lowly power car...
3) I will also make sure to set everything to my liking and get myself situated, and getting used to new points of reference, not letting my experience with GT spoil PC2.

I can't wait to report back to you all what my thoughts are...

Already some of the replay camera angles I find them weird on PC2, I think GT has always have excellent and professional replay camera angle...
I have some video backgrounds, and the perspective from the camera"man" is always something I notice and pick up right away...

I am quite critical on that aspect... But this is not my final verdict... Just an observation until I have some seat time with PC2.

Last edited:
You might be back tomorrow going "This is a load of @#%&#@"
Hopefully not though. ;)

You'll find different tracks have different replay camera angles since they were implemented individually.

Ok, i just fired PC2 up and spent exactly an hour browsing through the menu and submenus to get my feet up to temperature.

The following are the notes i took along the way, they probably should be in a better place, but i am going to hijack this thread for now:

Here goes, my first thoughts on PC2 (Without playing / racing yet):

AS i start it up... the first 3 simple loading screen are much welcome...
GT and their very elaborate intro, which always a good eye candy and treat, but really is not necessary..
Good on SMS to save them from that much effort and allow them to focus on essential stuff.

Even the simple click to "start the engine" is classy...

Oh man, the intro!!!! so good, nevermind what i said above... here are my two take away:
1) the headlights on some cars are actually quite flat, as well as the color rendition /paint work on most car. These two aspects show how things are flat and dont have the depth you see in GT... but i dont mind at all, because again, they are not an essential thing for racing at this point... (Honda Civic headlights...)
2) THe intro seems to skip a bit, and not really smooth a few points (i am running a PS4 Pro version CUH-7015B)

Once the intro done, it says/suggest/ask of me:
Why does it say Fun pack is available to buy ?
Dont' i already have it with the Deluxe ?

They use my PSN to refer to me... nice
I have V07.10.1104 on 4/23/20

The BGM is really good at this point... sounds like it is from an epic movie!

Voice is really low when you first arrive to the main page... can i change that somewhere, i imagine so...

Quick Play tab is the first / principal default page i am brought to:

3 Main Tabs:
1) Career (Solo Adventure, play against the computer)
2) Quick Play ("Arcade" mode, jump right in to play)
3) Community (Connect and challenge other real players)

3 secondary tabs:
1) My Profile (accessible directly via R3?)
2) Options (that should be the first spot to go to at this point!)
3) Extra (bonus content for when i want to relax and discover more)

-------------------------------------------------------------

Submenus for the above tabs
1 CAREER:
a - Continue Career (not available if you dont first start as:)
b - New Driver ! (Go Here ONly when you are done with getting yourself situation and doing private training sessions)
c - Manage Drivers....

2 Quick Play:
a - Custom Race (Create offline races)
b - Private Testing (this should be my second place to go to, to try myself out and to get myself situated, getting to know the engine, and dabble in this new world, get a feel for it.
c - Browse Online, to join races from around the world... (How is this different from the Tab Community?)
d - Create Online Event to create custom multiplayer races (Again, how is this different from the Tab Community?)

3 Community (Only go here when you are up to speed with everything else)
a - Community Events (Limited-time Focused Time-Trial competition, everyone playing officially against the clock)
b - Time-Trial (Ever present, on-going TT challenge, sort of like the Top Gear official Leaderboard)
c - Online Championship
d - eSport...

I really like how the menu is laid out... reminds me of GT5 and GT6, which i much prefer over the new GTS because in GTS, even after a year playing it, i have never gotten used to navigating the menu in GTS... THe UI in GTS is messed up... Here it is straight forward...

4 MY profile:
a - Driver Profile
b - Affinity (Nice!! I like this quick stat, showing what you have been most interested in playing...)
c - Images (Another one of my favorite feature in a car game... eye candy galore!)
d - Videos (oF Course, unlike GTS, i hope i can save as many videos as i wish and can easily export them or back them up else where).

5 Options: (first think i need to get into!
a - Gameplay (#1 next step! before i even drive... because i need to first understand what the different parameters i can change, even if i dont really need to change at this point, but i need to keep this knowledge for when i first drive, so i know what i could change... Chicken and the Egg dilemna)
b - Visual Effects (FX) need to go here too (#6)
c - Camera (WOW i can't wait to go in this submenu (#7)
d - Controls (#3 step)
e - TV Calibration (#4) Dont i have to go here first before going to the Visual Effects submenu)
f - Audio
g - (Game) System (setup)

6 Extras
a - Gear (Merch)
b - Credits (available right away to view instead of when you complete the game like in GT... but i guess you have access to the same information in GT somewhere... the Outtro in GT is like a movie and a nice touch, i dont doubt this has something similar if you "complete" your career here...
c - All the SOcial Media contacts...

@ 3:40am
"The fear of losing is greater than the fear of getting hurt"... the High speed poker speech randomly playing with the BGM... nice!

Senna Admiration speech!! i love it !!!!
Brain-game speech!

Where are these speeches coming from randomly..? i like it, get you in the mood.

@ 3:50am finally i am done writing this note without even clicking on a single selection button ! (again the whole BGM make it so relaxing, even when you are just staring at the Menu Page, there is no interruption like with GT where cars are being showcased... both ways are nice in their own way... GT = eye candy but PC2 is straight to the essential with no fluff

Click on R3, takes me to:
Driver Network Profile, with my current Competitive Racing licence status...
Driver Network sub menus:
- STATS (current main page here)
- Affinity
- Images
- Videos

What is that U1500 at the top right corner, is that my credits, my current available earning to spend?

i like how the Driver profile is on speed dial with R3, to get in and more importantly OUT!!!
Hopefully this is available to view from any page... R3, quick and simple!

Here are the different STats:
- It says i am from the UK.... is that the default ? this should have been asked first no?? I can see people not noticing this right away...
- Current License ? how is that shown? by color?
- License History
- Performance Summary, broken down into:
a) OVERALL
b) Solo
c) Online
although i would put in this order because 1+1=2 logic...
a) Solo
b) Online
c) OVERALL
- Experience Stat (cummulative after each race)
a) Time played in Career
b) Time played in Solo
c) Time played in Community
d) Time played Online
although i would put in this order bacause the focus (natural progression should be as followed:)
a) Time played in Solo
b) Time played in Career
c) Time played in Community
d) Time played Online (How is this different from Community?)

4:05 after an hours of playing,, i am shutting down... i feel good so far..looking for more!

Some notes! :crazy:
Go to bed. :P ;)

Why does it say Fun pack is available to buy
I think it only mentions the packs once.

THhe UI in GTS is messed up... Here it is straight forward...
The UI annoys the hell out of me. I think it's all the constantly changing images on screen. And all the high polygon cars make my PS4's fan sound like a fighter jet spooling up for take off!

Camera (WOW i can't wait to go in this submenu (#7)
There's no return to default option on most of the menus. Take a screenshot before you start messing just in case you want to return to normal.

What is that U1500 at the top right corner,
Your online rating. A bit like GT in some ways.

Some notes! :crazy:
Go to bed. :P ;)

I think it only mentions the packs once.

The UI annoys the hell out of me. I think it's all the constantly changing images on screen. And all the high polygon cars make my PS4's fan sound like a fighter jet spooling up for take off!

There's no return to default option on most of the menus. Take a screenshot before you start messing just in case you want to return to normal.

Your online rating. A bit like GT in some ways.

You are referring to the GTS UI right ?
Mine barely whisper with GTS, only here and there it would go on a short burst/fan boost.

Thank your for your tips on the menu of the camera setting/selection... I will do so.
I am quite OCD in that regard.

Edit: I am in bed now... Can't wait for the next step of setting things up and first wheel spin with the G29 by Friday.

You are referring to the GTS UI right ?
Mine barely whisper with GTS, only here and there it would go on a short burst/fan boost.
Yep. I think the later Pros had better cooling, maybe you have one of those. Mine does spin up considerably at times. I wouldn't mind if it was actually racing, but in the menu!..

This is going to go 1 of 2 ways :lol:
Ah yes, it is. Physics and FFB next. :)
Perhaps try the Audi A1 Quattro (Road F) @CTznOfTime. A great easily controllable car to start with, but still fun.

No way to start with low powered cars. Really recommend to fast skip this annoying part. Put AI to 0, and 1 lap races in short season. Especially karts, when have started new career for this year, I'm nearly cried how I hate karts in this game. And GT5, just at the point of polished controller set up, mostly build around speed sensitivity would be really painful ride.

The best place to start is GT4 and, Group A for the bravest. First will teach everything about stiff GT cars and basic weight balance, and other will teach you to slide all over the track and have a feeling of a grip in general.

Road cars better be the last cars you try to ride fast, because they not so slow, but deadly if drive them like in GT sport.

I quite enjoyed starting in the Ginetta Jr's, in fact I like all the Ginetta's

I've liked all the Ginettas too. I haven't driven the GT3 and Prototype that much to be fair, just once or twice each. Actually since I'm working my way through a more-or-less-career-style progression overall, with a few occasional exceptions to change it up I've not done much with the fastest cars. I've found most of the cars I've driven pretty enjoyable(except the karts... even just letting me shift would help but they're annoying and not because slow).

A few needed some practice and setup fiddling before I came to terms with them, Formula Rookie and both Sportscar Lites come to mind. Ginetta Jr and GT5 had no such problems... both have spent a fair bit of time as my most used car and it's currently the GT4 G55. Planning on doing 24 hours of the Ring(or I suppose 30 depending on how long I decide to race since there's a huge gap in time scale) with it tomorrow in fact. And I'll probably lose miserably if the bots can actually keep running 9 minutes flat all day(but I don't think they can :sly:). So it's probably gonna be in that top slot for a while.

I've liked all the Ginettas too. I haven't driven the GT3 and Prototype that much to be fair, just once or twice each. Actually since I'm working my way through a more-or-less-career-style progression overall, with a few occasional exceptions to change it up I've not done much with the fastest cars. I've found most of the cars I've driven pretty enjoyable(except the karts... even just letting me shift would help but they're annoying and not because slow).

A few needed some practice and setup fiddling before I came to terms with them, Formula Rookie and both Sportscar Lites come to mind. Ginetta Jr and GT5 had no such problems... both have spent a fair bit of time as my most used car and it's currently the GT4 G55. Planning on doing 24 hours of the Ring(or I suppose 30 depending on how long I decide to race since there's a huge gap in time scale) with it tomorrow in fact. And I'll probably lose miserably if the bots can actually keep running 9 minutes flat all day(but I don't think they can :sly:). So it's probably gonna be in that top slot for a while.
I had a pretty good tune with the karts on controller, I dialled out the oversteer but allowed enough slip to slide the thing around, however I did have to drop the speed sensitivity steering down to 50 from 75.

I'm playing on 97 speed sensitivity, and everything below GT5 is totally impossible to drive. They just don't turn at all. Have nothing against Ginettas though, just not my thing, that's why never bothered to adjust setting for those championships.

I'm playing on 97 speed sensitivity, and everything below GT5 is totally impossible to drive. They just don't turn at all. Have nothing against Ginettas though, just not my thing, that's why never bothered to adjust setting for those championships.

Pad or wheel?

IMO, for a pad at least, that's way high. I generally find 75 to be the sweet spot, switching down to 70 or up to 80 very occasionally for some cars. Some will find that a bit twitchy, and that's fair enough, but even so 97 is very high. The lower powered cars can be an absolute joy to drive but they will be horrible with SS right up there (if you don''t fancy the Ginettas, though I love the Junior and GT5 in particular, then turn the SS down a chunk and try the Formula Rookie on default Loose setup - it is a joy :D)

Pad or wheel?

IMO, for a pad at least, that's way high. I generally find 75 to be the sweet spot, switching down to 70 or up to 80 very occasionally for some cars. Some will find that a bit twitchy, and that's fair enough, but even so 97 is very high. The lower powered cars can be an absolute joy to drive but they will be horrible with SS right up there (if you don''t fancy the Ginettas, though I love the Junior and GT5 in particular, then turn the SS down a chunk and try the Formula Rookie on default Loose setup - it is a joy :D)

On pad, and if you really want a loose feeling on a car, recommend you to try this. Have started from 70, again because everyone suggest it, but for every car from tier 2 to 6 it's create GT sport alike understeer and this usually not only slows you down, but make cars difficult to control. On 97 you can drift if you wish, so then you can freely trail breake and push very hard. It also makes you much faster on tracks like Brno, where loose end is a key.

The game purchase/acquisition has already been made and announced here, therefore there is no need for me to continue posting in this thread.

Project%20CARS%202_20200423231809-XL.jpg

But since i have started sharing my point of view about this new game (for me) on this thread, and for those who want to follow me or read more of my thoughts as a new player, i have shared my second point of view/rather my second session with PC2 on this thread/post here: https://www.gtplanet.net/forum/threads/new-to-pc2.392690/page-2#post-13082340

cheers

I also finally bought PC 2 today, on PS4 (thanks to the amazing sale going on right now). Unfortunately, I don't have a wheel or pedals, so it'll take me a while to get used to this game compared to GT Sport. Nevertheless, I jumped right in with a Porsche 935/77 because it's one of my favorite cars of all time. I was hardly able to drive the car on my first race, but I was still grinning from ear to ear. I can't wait until I can actually drive all the classic race cars (especially the Porsches) that I've always dreamt about.

I also finally bought PC 2 today, on PS4 (thanks to the amazing sale going on right now). Unfortunately, I don't have a wheel or pedals, so it'll take me a while to get used to this game compared to GT Sport. Nevertheless, I jumped right in with a Porsche 935/77 because it's one of my favorite cars of all time. I was hardly able to drive the car on my first race, but I was still grinning from ear to ear. I can't wait until I can actually drive all the classic race cars (especially the Porsches) that I've always dreamt about.

Don't forget to add and download the 5 packs that comes in the Deluxe edition, they are separate and not automatically included in the first install.

My biggest problem right now as a new PC2 Driver is the hards, I cannot get close to my Softs time I am like 3sec off & I loose the back end in most corner (practicing @ nurburgring for coming up race using a YouTube setup for hot lap).
The track temp is 95F so it's hot enough.
I think once I master the hards on any track with the right track temps then I be happy.
I comparing myself to AI @ level 105 and always aim reach P8 about 1s off P1

My biggest problem right now as a new PC2 Driver is the hards, I cannot get close to my Softs time I am like 3sec off & I loose the back end in most corner (practicing @ nurburgring for coming up race using a YouTube setup for hot lap).
The track temp is 95F so it's hot enough.
I think once I master the hards on any track with the right track temps then I be happy.
I comparing myself to AI @ level 105 and always aim reach P8 about 1s off P1
Lift off oversteer or on throttle oversteer?
Either way you need to release your brakes & press the throttle more calmly/slowly to avoid excessive weight transfer, think of it like a slow rhythmic dance of the feet :)
You can be more of a raver with soft tyres :lol:

Last edited:
Lift off oversteer or on throttle oversteer?
Either way you need to release your brakes & press the throttle more calmly/slowly to avoid excessive weight transfer, think of it like a slow rhythmic dance of the feet :)
You can be more of a raver with soft tyres :lol:
I would say power oversteer when coming out of corners , it's like the hards never warm up & I am driving on ice always.
Thanks, I will try even less right foot & brake even earlier so I not going into the corners like do with Softs.

I would say power oversteer when coming out of corners , it's like the hards never warm up & I am driving on ice always.
Thanks, I will try even less right foot & brake even earlier so I not going into the corners like do with Softs.
It's not so much about braking earlier, you can still slam the pedal down, it's about releasing it slowly even to the point where you're already on the throttle before you've fully lifted off the brakes.

Weight transfer used in the correct way can be your friend but like anything in life to much of it either way will end in tears.

Obviously you can fiddle with the car setups to avoid this to a certain extent & build it around your driving style.

I'm no expert in this either but I still make this mistake under pressure when I normally want to push to grab that extra position, but I blame the guy on the radio for telling me to push :lol:

What exact numbers of temperature and pressure says?

Personally see no difference on Hard/Soft, apart from obvious. If temperature on both right, they both have good grip. Dunno how, but mostly forgot about extreme oversteers I had at very beginning, on almost every car. Even on cold tiers can catch up most of slides, the problem now overheating I get constantly from trailbreaking, so have to ride on lower pressures on rear, but this probably because of greedy numbers in duckt opening:). Found it's more doable to lower pressures than opening duckt, or this is not worth it in terms of speed?

Back