Finally deciding to talk with my wallet

Do you still trust SMS?

• Total voters
The assertion that SMS have "played us" is clearly designed to be provocative and I sincerely hope the OP doesn't really believe that.

To clarify I thought the support was excellent up until a few months before the Le Mans pack, then it just seemed like they went "sod it" and all was quiet. The quality of the newer cars is lacking compared to the base games.

Also my mention of lacklustre dlc, is nobody else just a little annoyed that a lot of the cars have made no sense to bring in? They could have expanded on so much in the classes but instead gave random stuff that didn't fit anywhere.

@MrWaflz55, just a quick 1 regarding the Panoz. It wasn't a day 1 purchase bonus, it was a season pass/deluxe edition bonus. Which you got whenever you bought it.

I got the Panoz when I upgraded to the deluxe edition about 6 months after launch for £30.

Unless you're being sarcastic, I can't tell :)

Maybe it was the Japanese pack that was a pre-order bonus? I don’t remember.

Anyways, I’m not being sarcastic. Day 1 DLC is still unjustifiable for any company or game. If it’s on the store as a separate item the same day the game comes out, it should have been on the disk.

Such is the way of DLC, they could have released 20 packs of 10 cars each and they still wouldn't have fleshed out some areas to some people's liking :). It's only natural that some people will feel let down and others will be more than happy with what was released. At the end of it all, we have well over 200 cars and well over 100 circuits/layouts to drive, there's certainly no shortage of things to do. Until somebody is able to license every car and every circuit, some people will inevitably be disappointed that something they want is missing :).

I'd still argue that what we have got is fantastic value for money and speaking only for myself, I don't feel short-changed by it in the slightest. Although some stuff may not "naturally fit in", there have been some wonderful cars released to drive and race. The 458, for example, in this latest pack is an absolute joy to drive and I couldn't care less if it's just a road car, I've got too big a smile on my face to worry.

That's odd because I host online twice a week and don't have any trouble.

What's lacklustre about it? Not all of it is to my taste, but some has been superb!

I suggest using the quote and edit functions as you may get unwanted comments from the mods with 5 posts in a row!

Totally agree.

I host and race online 2-3 times a week and TBH the biggest issue I have with it is that new drivers can’t be brought in or switched out from Championships once it’s kicked off. Other than that the online lobby’s run pretty good IMO.

Most of the time it’s not the game, it’s people’s internet that is the issue.

Not sure what the opp is/was expecting in DLC’s but I think they’ve been pretty good and totally worth the money. For me, especially the LeMans pack and now the Ferrari pack alone is worth it.

The assertion that SMS have "played us" is clearly designed to be provocative and I sincerely hope the OP doesn't really believe that. A company that "plays" its customers is one that takes money for a game and either never delivers that game or abandons it immediately upon release. Don't forget, all those people that paid for the Deluxe version, or the Season Pass separately, have received all the content that was promised in those packs. If SMS had taken us for a ride, they wouldn't have delivered a single one of them, let alone one 12 months later. For those not keeping up with things, the Le Mans and now the Ferrari packs have been VERY well received across the sim-racing world (hell, even Race Department members were largely positive about the Le Mans pack and it's not often you can say that :D)

I set up a 'fun night' lobby with our league last night, since we had no members wanting to join this week, and we ran through some of the new cars. You know what was great to hear? The laughter from people getting to grips with the FxxK (laughing in a good way), the delight from driving the 355 and 250 GT SWB and the repeated question "is 750hp too much power?" when driving the F12tdf. Some of these guys have been hit by some very annoying bugs over the last 12 months and become quite cynical towards the game but that went out of the window, they were all far too busy enjoying themselves to care about any of that. If that's how SMS goes about "playing us", then they can continue doing so for the next 100 years.

pCARS2 is still my go-to sim. Does it do everything I want? No, but it still does more than all of the others for what I want. None of the sims are perfect, in fact all of them are far from 'perfect' but we have the luxury of having many to choose from so that we can "pick our poison". Until such time as a sim comes along that truly "does it all", we're stuck in a world of compromise. Of course, on console it's a different story, there isn't the wealth of sims we have on PC.

Not aimed at the OP but what I, as a jaded, cynical, wrong-side of 40, gamer find bewildering is the lengths some people will go to, to shout down another game. It's a game, if you don't like it then put it down and play something else. Life is far too short to get angry about something you're doing to get away from the stresses of the world. For instance, I bought rFactor2 and have played it for a total of 2 or 3 hours, because I simply don't enjoy my time in it. Do I feel the need to go on every forum possible and moan about what I don't like? No, I just put it aside and play something else. By all means, post on the official forums the things you think are missing from the game but leave it at that one post - going on and on and on and on about the same thing just makes you "that nagging idiot" and will likely get your points ignored, no matter how good they are.

EDIT : For full disclosure, I do not work for SMS and have never been employed by them. I have received free gifts from them, for voluntary work that was "above and beyond the call of duty" during pCARS2 development but that's it. Oh and I've had dinner and got drunk (far too drunk :D) with a lot of the team and gone karting with a few of them. Just in case there are some that mistakenly think I work for them.
Please sir. Stop making sense. This is an internet forum. Thank you. :lol:

As for attention seeking... well I can't respond honestly to what I think of that statement here. Insulting tbh. Let alone talking like I'm not here. I mentioned you in the OP as a joke because I see you a lot here, now I wish I hadn't bothered.
I was just saying how these threads tend to go the way of "Look at me, I'm edgy saying no to this!" I didn't have much really to go on to understand whether that is the case.

What I find more insulting is that you respond to none of the other points I made. I couldn't care less what you say to me.

On your joke, I didn't notice it.

(not to mention Ian Bell lied about the state of the game in pre-release. on this forum no less: https://www.gtplanet.net/forum/thre...ow-on-ps4-xb1-pc.342814/page-21#post-11703576 )
On release, I didn't notice many bugs. So to me, that statement is correct. Yes, there were small bugs but they were small.

I was just saying how these threads tend to go the way of "Look at me, I'm edgy saying no to this!" I didn't have much really to go on to understand whether that is the case.

What I find more insulting is that you respond to none of the other points I made. I couldn't care less what you say to me.

On your joke, I didn't notice it.

On release, I didn't notice many bugs. So to me, that statement is correct. Yes, there were small bugs but they were small.
The rude undertone of your comment is why I did not reply to your points.

It sounds to me like you are expecting a lot more post launch support than is normal to expect on a console game. Remember you only paid once, maybe twice if you bought the season pass seperately. They have delivered each DLC with a comprehensive patch.

If you switch to PC and get one of the subscription based sims, I think you'll find that the constant support is more to your liking although you'll pay more for it.

Full disclosure, I play on console as well, but I feel that my expectations are a little more realistic.

If there's a Pcars 3 ( big "if") I have a feeling these same people will be thrice bitten. They seek thrills out of buying a game they have reservations about based off previous experiences then they get out their pitchforks when their initial reservations are met.

I for one barely played any other game besides pc2 since September 2017. No game has ever taken that much of my time, and I've got more of my money's worth.

I like PC2 and it has a solid place in my sim collection, but I suspect that if there was a PC3 then I wouldn't buy it straight away. I'd certainly buy it at some point, probably on sale, definitely as a GOTY edition if I lasted that long. But PC2 tends to be the last cab off the rank behind FH3 (soon to be FH4), FM7, Dirt Rally, Assetto Corsa and F1 2017 (I'll get 2018 one of these days).

I like it, I think it's a good game and I have big respect for some of it's tech and achievements, but it just doesn't pull me back in like some of the others. And as such, I just don't have that much lust for a sequel.

Whenever people say this I always wonder what platform they play on. The Xbox version of both Pcars 1 and 2 was very, very poor straight out of the box and there were so many bugs they were falling from the sky. I will admit though, Assetto Corsa, a game I have grown to love, was in an even worse state.

Whenever people say this I always wonder what platform they play on. The Xbox version of both Pcars 1 and 2 was very, very poor straight out of the box and there were so many bugs they were falling from the sky. I will admit though, Assetto Corsa, a game I have grown to love, was in an even worse state.
PS4 Pro.

For the most part I've been satisfied with PCars2 because it suits the way I play. I never play online, I only run quick races with no qualifying or practice. That's not to say that there hasn't been some serious bumps in the road to get us to where we are now. The game was released at least 6 months too early and it showed it but as time has went on the patches have improved things.

When the game first came out I was still on the original Xbox One and I understand the game maxed out that console which lead to the main problem I had early on. With more than 16 cars in an AI field there was intense shaking in my Fanatec wheel. Once I upgraded to the Xbox One X (which I intended to do anyway) that went away.

The only other major problem I've had is that patch 4 I think it was somehow destroyed the FFB on Fanatec wheels for Xbox. Game was still playable just with totally numb steering. Patch 5 didn't fix it and we finally got the attention of the right person or persons and it was fixed with patch 6.

AI behavior has been improved from initial release except I still see some instances of the twitchy movement from AI cars and they still have supernatural braking and cornering ability on certain parts of tracks which is a puzzler why that happens.

I think DLC packaging has been good for the most part. Both the Porsche pack and this latest Ferrari pack are very good but the jewel in the DLC crown is that LeMans Vintage pack. The track and those cars quickly zoomed up to the top of my Affinity lists.

For me I don't get the criticism of the lack of detailed patch notes. I guess i really don't have a need to know every single last detail of what is addressed in patches. I just remember back when detailed notes were issued that Xbox patches would sometimes be weeks behind everything else because of the process they had to go through. Now we get patches and DLC along with everyone else. If you would have told me that would happen back in the early days I would say you're stark raving crazy. I'll gladly trade off detailed patch notes for faster availability of patches and DLC.

Back