Project CARS 2 General Discussion Thread - Out Now on PS4/XB1/PC

• Thread starter jake2013guy
  • 12,199 comments
Will the Falcon V8 Supercar be available in PC2? If so, will there be other V8 Supercars marques available?

MARC Cars Focuses ran PCars livery at the Paul Ricard enduro. Will their range of cars(Focus V8 & Mazda3 V8) make the car list?

I can't give car specifics before the list comes out sorry.

Seeing as I should probably ask a question or 2.

As you said that there was more multiclass, does this mean that you can choose different classes for Custom Races in offline?

Seeing as you can't give specifics, what is the percentage of tracks that are omitted from the original game? (Replacing Sakitto with Suzuka doesn't count as an omission.)

Seeing as I should probably ask a question or 2.

As you said that there was more multiclass, does this mean that you can choose different classes for Custom Races in offline?

Seeing as you can't give specifics, what is the percentage of tracks that are omitted from the original game? (Replacing Sakitto with Suzuka doesn't count as an omission.)

We have a much more varied offline experience than before, it's safe for me to say that :)

We've left almost nothing out of the roster we had before and added a lot (loads!) more for this one. We've also updated all of those tracks to the new standards.

We have a much more varied offline experience than before, it's safe for me to say that :)

We've left almost nothing out of the roster we had before and added a lot (loads!) more for this one. We've also updated all of those tracks to the new standards.

Almost nothing is positive. Although also great to hear you've added loads and improved everything else as well. Is the release date still around "Septemberish" or has something happened that has pushed that back into a new month? E.g. Octoberish or Octobercert. :lol:

I'll get that we'll have to wait for those. Maybe until later today.

Almost nothing is positive. Although also great to hear you've added loads and improved everything else as well. Is the release date still around "Septemberish" or has something happened that has pushed that back into a new month? E.g. Octoberish or Octobercert. :lol:

I'll get that we'll have to wait for those. Maybe until later today.

We're still full bore for 'Septemberish' but there's no way we're shipping this one before it's properly QA'd and sensibly bug free. So it's a case of 'when it's done'.

Holy moly a lot of activity and posts to read in the early morning (CET). Good morning (and good night to the other site of the world).

@IanBell : Can you share some info about the FBB settings? Do you have to do this manually per car per track like in PCars1 or will it be a kind of auto adapt?

Really looking forward to PCars2 and on the shorter term the announcement. You know how to hype us racers ;) Keep up the good work!

Holy moly a lot of activity and posts to read in the early morning (CET). Good morning (and good night to the other site of the world).

@IanBell : Can you share some info about the FBB settings? Do you have to do this manually per car per track like in PCars1 or will it be a kind of auto adapt?

Really looking forward to PCars2 and on the shorter term the announcement. You know how to hype us racers ;) Keep up the good work!

Yes. We have new physics and from that falls out new FFB. For this one we're shipping (as of now) 3 FFB preset options (we default 1 of course) that you can single click and get (hopefully!) the feel you prefer from the feedback. I'm biased but it's a huge step forward from the rocket science we had before. That rocket science is still hidden in sub menus and accessible for the more masochistic :)

Last question before I head off to uni.

In career, will the format of the series be the same as it was in PC1 with multiple championships across the year or is it changed to be more like real life?

E.g. British GT has a multi-race season with longer timed races with GT4s and Blancpain (Europe) would be in a separate season?

Hello Ian, I really enjoyed Shift2 then the move to PCars and the immersion in 'Helmet cam'. Most of my questions have been answered here above but will there be a PS'VR' DLC add on in the future at some point to take advantage of this?

Keep up the good work and look forward to it! 👍

Last edited:
Last question before I head off to uni.

In career, will the format of the series be the same as it was in PC1 with multiple championships across the year or is it changed to be more like real life?

E.g. British GT has a multi-race season with longer timed races with GT4s and Blancpain (Europe) would be in a separate season?

Quick response on this one. It's changed to be more interesting. More exciting. We have much more variation than before. Real life can be boring...

Hello Ian, I remember we had a rough start over at the PCARS forums and I am happy to see this turnaround and you answering questions in the way you are doing now. I can only applaud that 👍

I've read that PCARS2 will include almost all famous and large world brands, does it mean that Peugeot will be finally included in PCARS2?

Does PCARS2 have a more evolved photomode over PCARS1?

Thanks a lot for reading and good luck with the development of PCARS2 :cheers:

Hello Ian, I remember we had a rough start over at the PCARS forums and I am happy to see this turnaround and you answering questions in the way you are doing now. I can only applaud that 👍

I've read that PCARS2 will include almost all famous and large world brands, does it mean that Peugeot will be finally included in PCARS2?

Does PCARS2 have a more evolved photomode over PCARS1?

Thanks a lot for reading and good luck with the development of PCARS2 :cheers:

You might want to consider how telling a person you're applauding the fact that they're 'turned around' isn't conducive to encouraging them to engage with you.

hello Ian,
I hope to see japanese cars in Suzuka. I was very very very very very disappointed when I saw sakito in place of Suzuka, in pcars1. I am a huge fan of this circuit like many Japanese people.
Suzuka
Did you say if Suzuka will be licenced in pcars2 ?
All new real tracks (not fictional) will be licenced ?

i hope to see WEC races, too.
WEC cars have 3 lights (blue, red, orange) like real wec cars, in pcars 2 ?

Last edited:
Questions for IAN can't fix there first game BELL

1 Is pcars 2 going to have dedicated servers on console..

2 Has the steering wheel grinding bug been fixed..

3 has the pausing gone when your qualifying on multiplayer when someone joins or leaves...

4 has the bug been fixed where you hit some thing invisible

You might want to consider how telling a person you're applauding the fact that they're 'turned around' isn't conducive to encouraging them to engage with you.

Well you seem much more open to discussion and answering questions. Your way of approaching the communities seems different. I see that as something positive. Maybe I didn't choose the correct phrasing when saying turn-around.

@IanBell - Any potential for a Switch version of Project CARS 2? I assume not given what happened with the Wii U but just curious... :)

3 has the pausing gone when your qualifying on multiplayer when someone joins or leaves...

The game isn't finished yet. But certainly sounds like they want better QA this time around, which is great.

hello Ian,
I hope to see japanese cars in Suzuka. I was very very very very very disappointed when I saw sakito in place of Suzuka, in pcars1. I am a huge fan of this circuit like many Japanese people.
Suzuka
Did you say if Suzuka will be licenced in pcars2 ?
All new real tracks (not fictional) will be licenced ?

i hope to see WEC races, too.
WEC cars have 3 lights (blue, red, orange) like real wec cars, in pcars 2 ?

Yes. We really wanted to do the normal Suzuka but they are a little insane on pricing. Their problem. We are working on it.

Every new track we've added is laser scanned (or our new trick drone scanning method). We're also scanning some of the old tracks that weren't previously scanned. I don't have the list to hand but the Nordschleife is now fully scanned (as is the Nurburgring GP circuit).

Hi all BTW :) We appreciate your coverage.
After seeing last weeks total awesomeness at Bathurst, please say Mount Panorama is laser scanned as well now. :) If there is one track that should be laser scanned for sure its this one with all those tight corners up and down the mountain. :)

Edit - we can start a WMF (world of mass fuelling) Project to sponsor your drone flying to Australia and back to the UK. ;)

Well you seem much more open to discussion and answering questions. Your way of approaching the communities seems different. I see that as something positive. Maybe I didn't choose the correct phrasing when saying turn-around.

1. Not on consoles. The work (and expense) required is insane and we're not EA but we have worked our peer to peer system massively to improve the experience.
2. It depends on which wheel but we've rewritten the FFB and I suspect you'll be very happy.
3. Join in progress is a substantial area of work for us over the last 6 months so I'll be very disappointed if it's not greatly improved.
4. We think so... There will always be edge cases and no sim in history is free of 'physics explosions' but we've worked very hard with our team and with our thousand of users at WMD on this area and I haven't seen it occur for many months now.

Yop yop Ian, glad to "meet" you ;-)

What do you want to tell us about AI ?
Did you rework it ? If not, did you plan to ? If so, How exactly ?

Thanks a bunch for being here with us, appreciate it !

After seeing last weeks total awesomeness at Bathurst, please say Mount Panorama is laser scanned as well now. :) If there is one track that should be laser scanned for sure its this one with all those tight corners up and down the mountain. :)

Edit - we can start a WMF (world of mass fuelling) Project to sponsor your drone flying to Australia and back to the UK. ;)
YES! Please say Bathurst is laser scaned @IanBell :bowdown::bowdown:

Hi, Ian. Just wanted to know how the engine audio is doing in pCARS2? I found some of the cars lacked a bit of a visceral edge in pCARS1, like grunts, growls and pops. The in-your-face stuff. Has much of the audio been re-recorded or tweaked for the sequel?

Also I remember watching (drooling over) 6-8 months of youtube build videos before the first game released, will users be allowed to post that stuff this time around?

Looking forward to the game and can't wait to get back in the BAC Mono!

Yop yop Ian, glad to "meet" you ;-)

What do you want to tell us about AI ?
Did you rework it ? If not, did you plan to ? If so, How exactly ?

Thanks a bunch for being here with us, appreciate it !

Thank you, happy to be here. This is a great forum.

Yes we did. The main issue we saw with pCARS1 was that the AI were excessively eager to drive into you under braking and in corners. We've had coders full time on this for the last 2 years working on the 'AI personalities' to make them more human. We've also worked hard on the 'sticking issue' where when you contact an AI driver you seem to lose input and you merrily understeer off together. This should be fixed.

With AI you will never create a perfect scenario in all conditions. They are not human after all. But what we have created is what we feel is a set of AI personalities that approach humanity without the downsides that we coded before.

Last edited by a moderator:

Latest Posts

Back