Finally! I've Finally Stopped!

  • Thread starter Thread starter dabest2500
  • 61 comments
  • 4,672 views
I thought it was a great thread, at least we're not complaining about everything in the game we expected but didn't get. There's a stigma to Gran Turismo OCD because it doesn't get talked about enough.

Thanks :)
I'm sure a lot of players have a form of GT5 OCD, even if it's a little.
Like making sure all cars of one brand are the same colour etc.

Just out of curiosity, what's the big deal of having a "mint" 0-mile car in the game? Other than the OCD thing. Does it have any real value in the game to have these undriven cars?

It's for the collectors out there.
I use to be a collector, but then I realised I was just taking fun away from myself, I mean, who cares if I have a car with 0 miles apart from myself.
Now I think the only cars that will have 0 miles and 0 changes are the NASCARs because I only drive them when I have to for Seasonal events.
 
You don't like it when people have a lot of constructive things to say? I don't give a crap when he joined, I rarely read something from him that I don't find interesting.

GTFO

I'm guessing that this has to be one of those rare occasions? Considering this:

I've finally stopped being so pedantic!
WOHOO!
I had a lot of great cars such as the CLK GTR, Sauber C9 and the Audi R8 LMS (Team Playstation) '09 that I didn't drive.
Purely because I wanted to have them with 100%.
But I finally realised that I need to enjoy GT5 and stop with this stupid OCD, I still have Trophy OCD though...
I will drive loads of cars now, enjoying this game more than before.
I don't care if my car has 1000 miles on it, I will enjoy it.
I will drive cars without driving in fear that I've just driven a car that just had 0 miles.
Just felt that I had to tell my story :)

...has all the intellectual merit and ability to introduce thought provoking discussion (thus an interesting thread) as saying something like " I've just had a s*** - Just felt I had to tell my story :) "...

What is there to comment on? Well done for not caring if you car has 1000 miles on it. Well done for deciding to drive loads of cars now.

In other words, I'm siding with/sticking up for osrg, considering the entire second page of this thread seems to be an argument against the following:

And here i was, thinking after 2165 posts and 99 threads started in a little over 4 weeks since you joined......... that you'd stopped posting.

Damn.:grumpy:

End.
 
Last edited:
A lot of people in the marketplace are nuts about cars with 0 miles, I really don't care about that now.

Online, some guy gave me a hard time for putting miles on my Carbon X2010 as I was driving it around on a Daytona trade/showroom. My Carbon X2010 is now at 31,533.7 miles. :lol:
 
How the **** did this thread get so many replies without getting closed? lol.
 
I can't help the feeling that a zero-mile car has never been enjoyed. And all cars SHOULD BE enjoyed.
 
You find this thread constructive?


Yes. He's finally learned to loosen up and enjoy his cars and enjoy the game. That sounds VERY constructive!


Have you offered anything constructive to this thread?
 
Online, some guy gave me a hard time for putting miles on my Carbon X2010 as I was driving it around on a Daytona trade/showroom. My Carbon X2010 is now at 31,533.7 miles. :lol:


Yup, my regular old X2010 has a bit over 35,000 miles now. If it were a carbon one, it would get driven just the same.
 
Well done, you kicked the habit that has many gripped in its evil mettalic claw...
I collect cars i don't even like, I have 8 different lexus', but why????
I F'n hate lexus' they think their more then they are...

I have the same problem with Aston Martins', i see one in the UCD and think oooh i already have 4 vantage's but this ones green... why????

I trade a car i spent 300k + & 3 hours + to make drift to a noob for his prize car obtained in the second series why????

I watch countless cars gather virtual dust because i never wanted them.. Why?
 
Well done, you kicked the habit that has many gripped in its evil mettalic claw...
I collect cars i don't even like, I have 8 different lexus', but why????
I F'n hate lexus' they think their more then they are...

I have the same problem with Aston Martins', i see one in the UCD and think oooh i already have 4 vantage's but this ones green... why????

I trade a car i spent 300k + & 3 hours + to make drift to a noob for his prize car obtained in the second series why????

I watch countless cars gather virtual dust because i never wanted them.. Why?

I'm aiming to collect every car in the game so loads of Skylines aren't going to be touched.

Couldn't you just paint the Aston?

Prize car, that's got to be painful :ouch:
 
Yup, my regular old X2010 has a bit over 35,000 miles now. If it were a carbon one, it would get driven just the same.

While we're here, will a full rebuild restore all the HP to the X1 at that mileage?
 
I'm aiming to collect every car in the game so loads of Skylines aren't going to be touched.

Couldn't you just paint the Aston?

Prize car, that's got to be painful :ouch:

I 'could' have painted one of the Aston's but couldn't stand to see the thing. IMO it's hideous... Which makes owning four even more questionable...

It is painful but i can't stop!!! help me!!!

*stand's up* my name is Hayden and i'm (gulp) a collector-holic*
 
I 'could' have painted one of the Aston's but couldn't stand to see the thing. IMO it's hideous... Which makes owning four even more questionable...

It is painful but i can't stop!!! help me!!!

*stand's up* my name is Hayden and i'm (gulp) a collector-holic*

The way I see it is that you could buy more UCD cars than if you bought that Aston again.
If I saw a rare 1 million car that I didn't have, I would think whether or not I should buy it, or just buy other cheaper UCD cars I didn't have.
 
But that's just it, i know i could get better and more cars but...

Its not my choice, if i see a lexus or aston, my fingers just move to the buy car button and confirm it.

I wake up with a "do you want to use this car" screen and i see yet another set of Aston headlights *sigh*

If i don't have enough money i go into auto-grind. Winning races until i can buy that aston i don't want...


*stand's up* my name is Hayden and i'm (gulp) a collector-holic

(post 700 well spent ;))
 
My NASCAR probably has the most mileage, all of it on Indy:dopey:
 
While we're here, will a full rebuild restore all the HP to the X1 at that mileage?


Seems to. I've purposely let it go for quite a while, just to see how low it would go; got it down to under 1300hp, and then got nervous about "breaking" my prized car, so did full rebuild/full chassis refresh. Comes back up to about 1511hp on rebuild, then loosens up as it's run in, and gets back to around 1550hp after a few miles.

What's funny is that when it got down to 1280hp or so, I was hoping it might be a little EASIER to drive. And of course it was still untouchable by anything else in the game, even at its lowered power levels.

Maybe my Bob can be the first driver to put 100,000 miles on an X2010... :)
 
I 'could' have painted one of the Aston's but couldn't stand to see the thing. IMO it's hideous... Which makes owning four even more questionable...

It is painful but i can't stop!!! help me!!!

*stand's up* my name is Hayden and i'm (gulp) a collector-holic*

Thanks goodness - I thought I was the only one who did crap like that!

I bought FOUR Lexus LF-As in one 10-minute shopping spree, just because I needed to clear out room in the money cap. And I don't even like that car. I only did it because they come in some of the stupidest, ugliest colors imaginable. I bought a brown one, a pink one, a lime green one, and a lavender one. Ick. My garage now looks like Walt Disney threw up on it. :(

It's a sickness of some sort, I'm convinced of it.
 
I have OCD big time, i feel bad driving my cars! I think its because of this engine rebuild, i don't want to ruin them by over-using them.

When i first got this game i brought a carbon bonnet for my lambo by accident, sold it and brought another one because i didn't like the small pins on the bonnet/hood

how did you cure your OCD?
 
I have OCD big time, i feel bad driving my cars! I think its because of this engine rebuild, i don't want to ruin them by over-using them.

When i first got this game i brought a carbon bonnet for my lambo by accident, sold it and brought another one because i didn't like the small pins on the bonnet/hood

how did you cure your OCD?

I just imagined all the great things I Could do with these amazing cars, and that it would be a massive shame not to drive them.
I regretted not driving them for so long, so I first tried driving the R92CP, and let me tell you, it was amazing!
I realised how stupid I was and decided to use all my other cars too!
Just try it with one car first ;)
 
Nothing beats that new car smell as you leave the grid in a rare 0 mile beast!! good for you :)
 
I have OCD big time, i feel bad driving my cars! I think its because of this engine rebuild, i don't want to ruin them by over-using them.

When i first got this game i brought a carbon bonnet for my lambo by accident, sold it and brought another one because i didn't like the small pins on the bonnet/hood

how did you cure your OCD?


Couldn't you just uninstall it? I haven't really messed with the CF hoods, but can't you reinstall the stock one?
 
Couldn't you just uninstall it? I haven't really messed with the CF hoods, but can't you reinstall the stock one?

you cant un-install carbon hoods :(
 
0 miles? Thats just pathetic. I'll drive anything. And im buying up cars at a half decent rate to help me get to 1000. aint gonna happen any time soon though
 
Hey I just realised, you're that kid from F1 2010 that was cheating the game to get trophies. Do you play any game as intended?
 
I've never understood the 0 miles thing. I bought a used FGT and have over 8000 miles on it. Never did the chassis maintenance or the engine overhaul. Seems to still be running fine for me.
 
Thanks goodness - I thought I was the only one who did crap like that!

I bought FOUR Lexus LF-As in one 10-minute shopping spree, just because I needed to clear out room in the money cap. And I don't even like that car. I only did it because they come in some of the stupidest, ugliest colors imaginable. I bought a brown one, a pink one, a lime green one, and a lavender one. Ick. My garage now looks like Walt Disney threw up on it. :(

It's a sickness of some sort, I'm convinced of it.

:lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

I have 3 LFA's for no reason at all. I have a drift car one (that sucks) and two just sitting their in the worst colours ever imagined... If i had saved all this money i've spent on my 230+ useless cars i could easily have a P4, F10, F07, Mark IV and probably a civic with the change...

The worst thing is though, i have an obsession with rally cars as well. I see an old rally car and think "oh thats what... drove in the .... WRC, I MUST HAVE IT" I've spent 3+ million CR on a historic rally car (stratos?) just for it to sit in the garage, not even gracing the dirt pr my favourites section.

EDIT: Just realised the P4, F10, F07, Mark IV & Civic are useless to me anyway because i've already done both historic races and the F1 cars aren't allowed in A-Spec.... Help Me!!!
 
Hey I just realised, you're that kid from F1 2010 that was cheating the game to get trophies. Do you play any game as intended?

Cheat?
Never, I "cheated" for the level 40 trophy.
I level boosted online.
There was that other trophy "Expert" or something like that.
I can now easily win the Championship on Expert.
I used a DS3 back then.
That's it.
How did I "cheat" in GT5?
 
Back