Finally seen first GT4 commercial(s) Feb. 1st

  • Thread starter Thread starter Wright1331
  • 70 comments
  • 5,533 views
Messages
19
Im not sure about everyone else but I finally have seen my first commercial of GT4.
I live in OHIO, not sure if the markets differ much in the U.S.

I just saw a GT4 commercial, and over the past hour I have seen 3 different ones. I have seen them about 8 times total in the past hour. They were all really short, about 15 second, and they didnt say any words, but at the end they show the GT4 symbol.

Not sure if this is new news but it makes me wonder, if a U.S. (official) announcement could be comming soon???? HMMMMM Crossing Fingers


btw, it was on FX, Comedy Central, and ESPN
 
I've seen a couple of them while watching my wrestling shows.
 
I live here in Northern California (Silicon Valley) and I've seen quite a few GT4 commercials dating back at least a week now...so I was wondering if Sony had plans on releasing the game sooner then the expected March 9th or 11th I heard on other threads and/forums...and sure enough...they did indeed just release the game for Feb. 22nd!

Damn! That reminds me...I better get my order into Frex...like now considering how long it's going to take to get my shipment delivered! :scared:
 
Haven't seen any yet, but I'll keep my eye out for them. Are they anything like the World Series commercials?
 
The commercial i've seen the most is actually posted here on GTplanet. Posted back in October....still love it. Here's the link.

https://www.gtplanet.net/index.php?categoryid=31&p13_sectionid=4

EDIT: this doesn't take you directly to the video link. In the search function, just type "commercials", and make sure you the search criteria is for "description". Default is author.
 
I've seen a couple different kinds.. they all sucked, and I'm sure other people would agree with me.
 
Ahhh. Some commercials were fine some wern't. I have seen A LOT of different GT4 commercials, if I remember right I believe I saw atleast 5 different commercials. Now all those commercials won't get to me... Feb. 22nd BABY!!!!!!!!!
 
I saw the last seconds of a GT4 commercial on ESPN (imagine how great that made me feel, seeing only the last few seconds), where a rally WRX lands in some mud after cathing some air. The caption "Fasten your seatbelts" came up.
 
I was watching the Eagles vs. Falcons games and the commercial came on, you are watching about 6 inches off the ground you see some tires go by and then the GT4 symbol pops up and it is official look here GT4 gets here on Feb. 22.
 
Yea im here in Connecticut and I barely saw the end of one on ESPN. SO when I saw that I knew GT4 was coming out soon then what 2days later I read on IGN that the release date is Feb. 22nd. That just made my day complete. Can't wait til the 22nd!
 
The only one I've seen is the Japanese one.
 
Hey, I live in Ohio too and I have seen several already this winter, but have noticed a marked increase in the last few days. I think I first started noticing them the NFL playoffs, but I think I saw parts of 3 or 4 GT4 commericials over the weekend.
 
Rport03
Yea im here in Connecticut
Represent! me too, but Im from the whack, not rockport

Rport03
and I barely saw the end of one on ESPN. SO when I saw that I knew GT4 was coming out soon then what 2days later I read on IGN that the release date is Feb. 22nd. That just made my day complete. Can't wait til the 22nd!
Living around the same vicinity as you, I'm kind of surprised you haven't seen them earlier. It was on a roll a month or two back, but maybe they did that because they thought the game was actually coming out near then.
 
Wow, Ohio is representing alot in this thread, I'm from Ohio but haven't seen any commercials aired on tv yet, maybe thats because I'm always playing the GT4 demo rather than wathing
TV :)
But I'm hyped up for the Feb 22nd release! Can't wait, I've just placed my order for the playseat from www.playseats.nl
 
Im in Michigan and I have not seen any commercials yet for GT4. That might be because I only watch about 2 hours of TV in a week.
 
I've seen 2 back in November, you can even find them on GTP's downloads i beleive.
 
caught the tail end of it about 6 times past couple nights watching games on espn. indiana btw
 
BreakerOhio
Wow, Ohio is representing alot in this thread, I'm from Ohio but haven't seen any commercials aired on tv yet, maybe thats because I'm always playing the GT4 demo rather than wathing
TV :)
But I'm hyped up for the Feb 22nd release! Can't wait, I've just placed my order for the playseat from www.playseats.nl

Another Ohioian on board - where did you find the demo and how can I play it before the game is released? BTW I haven't seen any commercials for the game on any network, but I'm sure they will have a Superbowl commercial in there!
 
Layzie
I've seen a couple of them while watching my wrestling shows.

Gotta watch that wrasslin!

Nah i havent seen any commercials yet, but im usually kickin back listenin gto music and think its a waste to watch tv while im blasting my living room with music. <3 surround sound dual subwoofer sound system.
 
Giancarlo
I saw the last seconds of a GT4 commercial on ESPN (imagine how great that made me feel, seeing only the last few seconds), where a rally WRX lands in some mud after cathing some air. The caption "Fasten your seatbelts" came up.
No, that would be the whole commercial. It's very short.
 
You don't suppose they would run a commercial during the Super Bowl do you? I doubt they need that kind of exposure, but it would make for a great GT4 commercial!
 
There was one after the Superbowl last nite. It was a teaser though.all it showed was tires pulling a donut.
 
sumbodycool
Living around the same vicinity as you, I'm kind of surprised you haven't seen them earlier. It was on a roll a month or two back, but maybe they did that because they thought the game was actually coming out near then.

Hey I live in Connecticut too. I don't think I've ever seen a GT4 commercial on TV atleast. I watch Comedy Central all the time, maybe once but I don't think so. I just can't wait, Feb. 22!!!! :drool:
 
I think I saw a new commercial today. I only saw a split second because my sister changed the channel. But this commercial showed actual gameplay. All I saw was a yellow Chevelle in NY. Anyone else seen this?
 
i saw one way back in november i think... & i live here in NJ in the USofA
 
Back