Finally seen first GT4 commercial(s) Feb. 1st

  • Thread starter Thread starter Wright1331
  • 70 comments
  • 5,533 views
spawn9999999
I think I saw a new commercial today. I only saw a split second because my sister changed the channel. But this commercial showed actual gameplay. All I saw was a yellow Chevelle in NY. Anyone else seen this?

Yes! I did see this commercial. It was pretty sweet. It started out with some guy talkin about 4 quarts of oil or something....then it showed a real car spinning out, and then it changed to a similar car in gameplay spinning out, then it showed muscle cars and stuff at New York. BE-A-U-T-I-FUL. 8 days!!
 
jackmugen
what channel was it on

The only channel I've seen GT4 commercials on so far is ESPN. There are probably others, but since i watch ESPN the most, that's probably why I see it the most there.
 
ive seen the one with the wrx as far back as november but only saw it once until recently, im assuming b/c of delays. The one with the stratos is awesome!!!
 
Yeah i watched the one after the superbowl but was kinda disappointed...i want to se MORE!!!! Cincinnati representin' here! Props to all my fellow Ohioans!
 
yeah i saw that 4 quarts of oil commercial too... i saw it on g4techtv
 
I just saw another one. It says something about your tires being 125 degrees and them being your worst enemy. It shows real footage of 2 XKRs racing each other , and then shots of an open 350Z and an Esprit.
 
Seen yet another. It shows the old clip of the WRX going off the jump and says,"Anyone can fire a bullet, but few can control it." Then it shows the Evo IV rally car on the Grand Canyon.
 
I just saw the oil commercial while watching reruns of "whose line is it anyway" on comedy central. I didn't realize it was a GT4 commercial until I looked and saw the Jenson, I guess the mystery car from the old run of commercials hitting some oil and spinning out, all in real life, and then it switched to gameplay as the car went through the grass. Then it showed a few shots of the chevelle and a few others; I was pretty excited, so I don't remember it that well lol. 6 days!!!!!!
 
I reported this stuff in another thread, but while watching some TV here in Texas, I saw four GT commercials in one night on Valentine's Day. What I saw (Spawn999999) apparentely beat me to the punch, but here goes anyways:

1st comm.: A black exotic car and a Lancia Stratos dueled on country roads

2nd comm.: -can't remember too well-

3rd comm.: A Subaru Impreza WRC jumped over a hill to give way to rally coverage of GT4

4th comm.: One car trailed another during a race.

A majority of what I saw came from a college basketball game between Air Force and New Mexico on ESPN2 around 11PM Central (Standard) Time. So during most popular programming, you'll be surprised to find some GT4 footage. And yes, this sucker's for real. no 10 or 15-second cutdowns. I know I'd rather watch college football, but watch some college hoops during the commercial. Worked for me. By the way... Texas represented. America's most hated state.
 
Wright1331
Im not sure about everyone else but I finally have seen my first commercial of GT4.
I live in OHIO, not sure if the markets differ much in the U.S.

I just saw a GT4 commercial, and over the past hour I have seen 3 different ones. I have seen them about 8 times total in the past hour. They were all really short, about 15 second, and they didnt say any words, but at the end they show the GT4 symbol.

I saw my first on Feb. 16th....it was a faith-affirming experience that convinced my that no matter how bad my life is...its always worth living :dopey:
 
:grumpy: I thought I would have seen it by now with all the T.v. I watch...
 
VipFREAK
:grumpy: I thought I would have seen it by now with all the T.v. I watch...

Bah me too, I haven't seen ONE GT4 commercial. You'd think with it being around 5 days out, there would be a few here and there...
 
Was watchin the O.C., flipped through the channels during a commercial break and... what catches my eye? full grid of muscle cars running the new york course. First GT4 commercial i've seen with actual game footage. I believe it's new, in anticipation for the release next week, any one else catch it?

Paid my reserve in full today, I'm set. :cool:
 
sonicsam
Was watchin the O.C., flipped through the channels during a commercial break and... what catches my eye? full grid of muscle cars running the new york course. First GT4 commercial i've seen with actual game footage. I believe it's new, in anticipation for the release next week, any one else catch it?

Paid my reserve in full today, I'm set. :cool:

Why in the name of everything holy were you watching the O.C.????? :yuck:
 
I've only seen the comercial with the Lotuses and Lancias on Citta d'whatever. My dad has the DVR system so I kept rewinding, then watching, then rewinding....
 
sonicsam
Was watchin the O.C., flipped through the channels during a commercial break and... what catches my eye? full grid of muscle cars running the new york course. First GT4 commercial i've seen with actual game footage. I believe it's new, in anticipation for the release next week, any one else catch it?

Paid my reserve in full today, I'm set. :cool:

Yeah, that was the one I was referring to in my previous post. And there is nothing wrong with the O.C. lol. Speaking of reserves, it's gonna be San Andreas all over again, just so happens that the game comes out on the non-paying week at work, just after I had to buy some stuff for my car. Looks like I am going to have to borrow a little cash from my parents, damn.
 
Wright1331
Im not sure about everyone else but I finally have seen my first commercial of GT4.
I live in OHIO, not sure if the markets differ much in the U.S.

I just saw a GT4 commercial, and over the past hour I have seen 3 different ones. I have seen them about 8 times total in the past hour. They were all really short, about 15 second, and they didnt say any words, but at the end they show the GT4 symbol.

Not sure if this is new news but it makes me wonder, if a U.S. (official) announcement could be comming soon???? HMMMMM Crossing Fingers


btw, it was on FX, Comedy Central, and ESPN


yup same here.
 
Watching wrestling now hoping to see a commercial other than the WRX flying through the air.
 
But with these commercials on TV, don't they just make you want GT4 more? Or are you just glad that the commercials are on TV for you to get an idea as to what you'll be playing in the future? No O.C. for me, so don't hate me for it. I think during most popular programming on TV and cable, you'll see these commercials if you're lucky. When I was watching some sports coverage, the commercials shot with GT4.

GT4's commercials are pretty cool, really gets you into racing. I can recall GT3's commercials. Usually, a racer will be speedfreaking someplace, then come to a complete stop, get out the car, do something, then get back to racing. GT2's commercials had a nice guitar riff and some commercials of a Dodge Viper and a Ford Mustang (or Saleen SR? I don't remember too well) on an oval (presumably the beautiful Homestead-Miami Speedway). GT1 I can remember to an extent. But regardless, GT4 is coming. It's coming pretty fast (no pun intended), you dig?
 
Yeah seeing the commercials will make me want it more, but as a result, the satisfaction of finally playing it will be even better.
 
I've seen 2.
The Subaru rally one and a one with Jaguar XKR (real) drifting in the beginning. All you can see though is his back right tire though.
 
JohnBM01
But with these commercials on TV, don't they just make you want GT4 more? Or are you just glad that the commercials are on TV for you to get an idea as to what you'll be playing in the future? No O.C. for me, so don't hate me for it. I think during most popular programming on TV and cable, you'll see these commercials if you're lucky. When I was watching some sports coverage, the commercials shot with GT4.

GT4's commercials are pretty cool, really gets you into racing. I can recall GT3's commercials. Usually, a racer will be speedfreaking someplace, then come to a complete stop, get out the car, do something, then get back to racing. GT2's commercials had a nice guitar riff and some commercials of a Dodge Viper and a Ford Mustang (or Saleen SR? I don't remember too well) on an oval (presumably the beautiful Homestead-Miami Speedway). GT1 I can remember to an extent. But regardless, GT4 is coming. It's coming pretty fast (no pun intended), you dig?
I agree with John here, the commercials just make me itch for the game way more. I can not wait, all I can think about at work and school is GT4, GT4, GT4, GT4, GT4, GT4...
 
Ahhh yes, the O.C. Good show. I've now seen maybe 6 different gt4 commercials over the span of 2 weeks. Ohhh man!!! Here it comes!!!
 
How many days, now???? My head is kinda spinning...:nervous: So.....damned.....close.....:banghead:
 
I saw one a few days ago, but I only got to see the very end :(.
 
Yeah, I did not catch it; my mother did. All she said is that it shown the rear quarter of a Ford GT (just like the NSTC Game Cover.) In various car magazines I had seen ads for it, one showing the Rally footage and the phrase "Many can fire a bullit,...." and the other was muscle car footage at what appeared to be Midfield. Anyone else see these ads?
 
I saw 5 or 6 in about an hour on G4 TEC TV.
thsmilie_winner1.gif
" woot"
 
copyed this from us.playstation.com soo next thursday the show is on
Don't miss this Thursday's episode of The Apprentice on NBC. Watch the teams battle it out as they design a viral campaign for Gran Turismo 4.
 
Back