Finer control of on-screen display elements (position/timing/map etc)

• Thread starter iucidium
  • 10 comments
It would be great to have a more customisable HUD. Just being able to switch on and off each HUD element would improve immersion. There is no need to have the trophies and target times during time trial for instance (once, prior to the event, is enough), nor is the time of day (does it matter if the time is 13:00 or 14:00?), or the digital rev meter for Premium cars with working dials (fuel gauge is useful though).

Sector delta times would be enough for me in Premiums, less need for all the other stuff!

If they gave us the ability to turn every HUD item on or off individually, & then gave us one button to toggle all HUD on or off when racing, most people would be happy. Also, having the ability to move each HUD item on screen, & being able to save that for each car would be great too.

Yes! I find the fact that it is nearly an all-or-nothing approach very annoying. I'd love to see just my lap times without all the rest of the clutter, but to do so I need to leave the gear/tach/driver list, etc on. This is especially annoying in time trials where if I am running a blank HUD, I need to pause and switch on full HUD to even see if my last view laps were valid or DQ'ed.

In GT5, I loved driving with no on-screen info with the exception of keeping the map on, but now it forces you to turn it off as well. I don't get why they went backwards in terms of race info customization. This feature can easily be implemented since it was in GT5. With the course creator coming soon, I'll be forced to turn on all the race info just to learn track layouts.

Exactly !!!!

Kaz should allow us to customize our racing display.... Currently it is practically all or nothing... WTH???

I want minimal info., not nothing.

Old thread, and I know we now have the ability to disable the race display from the pause menu but having the option to map a button to toggle the display whilst racing (GTS) would be most welcome.

Back