FINISHED. TPC GR Supra Supercup. Champion - Pigems.

• Thread starter El_Beardo
  • 845 comments

Tyre wear. Pit stop for tyre change is mandatory, regardless.

• Keep at x3.

Votes: 2 15.4%
  • Reduce to x2.

Votes: 11 84.6%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
That section is horrible the first time you drive it but once you find the line it has a great flow, kind of like Yeongam on the old F1 games.
It’s great for dailies, so many go too fast into the downhill right hander or go wide entering the twisty section. And it feels great when you get the flow right.

Didn’t Yeongnam only feature twice on the F1 calendar after being purpose built for it? No idea if it’s a good track or not.

It’s great for dailies, so many go too fast into the downhill right hander or go wide entering the twisty section. And it feels great when you get the flow right.

Didn’t Yeongnam only feature twice on the F1 calendar after being purpose built for it? No idea if it’s a good track or not.
It had a really bad reputation but the layout wasn't too bad (Webber cost himself a WDC the first season there). It was supposed to be a street circuit but they built the track first then ran out of money so it was in the middle of nowhere, the only hotel was the local brothel and the teams hated it. The last sector had the same kind of flow to it as Autopolis but without the hills.

Stoked!!!!! Bring on shortopolis!!!

Not sure what I was thinking but shortopolis can get ****** :lol::lol::lol:

Congrats to the podium drivers and @Drex124 for a 2nd race win.

I was hoping for a top 5 after a decent qualifying, p10 is 5x2 so the maths says I did twice as well :lol:. The battle for the back of the pack was fiercely fought with some great battles, mistakes and a stella defence from @MaxAttack (thanks team mate ;)).

Bring on Fuji, the rumour on the mill is that it’s “winner takes all,” so bring your sand bags and your dive bombs, it’s about to get tasty!!!

Fun race last night, after practice and Q I was expecting a trundle around at the back and doubly so after false starting, but T1 manners meant I really lost nothing by jumping the gun.

Early lap chaos gave me something to do, sticking @Kermit_2142 behind me, full of motivation to get me back for destroying our team effort in the multi class. Having expected the back, though, I was in no mood for handing out freebies.

The narrow track, punishing lack of runoff, and 2 or 3 faster cars behind me allowed me to flex my one actual skill - stout defense. Kermit was complaining of being unable to catch me on the straight due to ballast so the idea was to deny everything except turn one and force him into a huge send. In the end it was him getting on the power too early after getting close that saw me away, not the ending I'd wish for but good enough.

I stayed out a little longer than my competition to keep the tyre edge, knowing with my slow ass pace I was effectively nursing them anyway comparative to the field. @GOTMAXPOWER had a few offtrack adventures that put me ahead in the back half of the race and with no Kermit to act as a buffer I knew he'd be on my bumper before long an- oh, there he is!

I was holding him behind with the Wide Car™ method, and had to quite rudely shut a door in his face at the first hairpin (that was a loooong way back, mate) but I knew I'd get passed, my only goal was to make it a pain in the ass.

It got interesting when @Pigems decided to spice things up with a 2nd stop, bringing him right into the Duel of Maxes and their squabbling allowed me to stay close. Somehow, some way, I even passed the captain himself, slipping up the inside at the final hairpin as he went a little deep. No ballast meant I could stay ahead relatively easily.

No champagne, of course, but a steady result that matches my best finish. This car and series has not been kind to me and I continue to struggle with and hate qualifying. Quite how you lot were dragging 1:06s out of this trashpiece I will never understand. I'm not sure there's much more annoying than being nowhere in quali but there in the race, oh, what might have been.

Nevermind eh, Fuji T1 is a great punting spot.

Fun race last night, after practice and Q I was expecting a trundle around at the back and doubly so after false starting, but T1 manners meant I really lost nothing by jumping the gun.

Early lap chaos gave me something to do, sticking @Kermit_2142 behind me, full of motivation to get me back for destroying our team effort in the multi class. Having expected the back, though, I was in no mood for handing out freebies.

The narrow track, punishing lack of runoff, and 2 or 3 faster cars behind me allowed me to flex my one actual skill - stout defense. Kermit was complaining of being unable to catch me on the straight due to ballast so the idea was to deny everything except turn one and force him into a huge send. In the end it was him getting on the power too early after getting close that saw me away, not the ending I'd wish for but good enough.

I stayed out a little longer than my competition to keep the tyre edge, knowing with my slow ass pace I was effectively nursing them anyway comparative to the field. @GOTMAXPOWER had a few offtrack adventures that put me ahead in the back half of the race and with no Kermit to act as a buffer I knew he'd be on my bumper before long an- oh, there he is!

I was holding him behind with the Wide Car™ method, and had to quite rudely shut a door in his face at the first hairpin (that was a loooong way back, mate) but I knew I'd get passed, my only goal was to make it a pain in the ass.

It got interesting when @Pigems decided to spice things up with a 2nd stop, bringing him right into the Duel of Maxes and their squabbling allowed me to stay close. Somehow, some way, I even passed the captain himself, slipping up the inside at the final hairpin as he went a little deep. No ballast meant I could stay ahead relatively easily.

No champagne, of course, but a steady result that matches my best finish. This car and series has not been kind to me and I continue to struggle with and hate qualifying. Quite how you lot were dragging 1:06s out of this trashpiece I will never understand. I'm not sure there's much more annoying than being nowhere in quali but there in the race, oh, what might have been.

Nevermind eh, Fuji T1 is a great punting spot.

Time to stop the "Z4" winning the title then?

Time to stop the "Z4" winning the title then?

Don’t worry, the Wankel is all tuned up and ready to go. 👍

06247B53-68DF-487C-9595-C9EC96CEDF8B.jpeg

Latest Posts

Back