First 12 GRID Cars Confirmed: More Coming Over Summer

So Grid gets 2 DPI Race Cars and Gran Turismo gets every ricer's wet dream and a 50 year old convertible. I like that. I like how other racing games get a badass LMP or GT3 car or the newest of those classes and GTS is stuck with more Japanese road cars. Yaaaaaaay.
For God's sake, throw in GTLM, LMP900, a 2017 Ford GT, or a McLaren or something. I'd like to see something that isn't a classic Japanese road car, something PD goes crazy for.

Nice, I hope they add the cars from their previous games for free this time *cough* DR2.0 *cough*...

Won't be surprised to see them return as DLC, the fact sheet released during announcement mention hypercars track day pack, racing hatch track day pack and GT track day pack. Those could be the hypercars, GT road cars and hot hatchbacks from Grid Autosport returning as DLC, considering the whole "Street" category is missing this time.

Won't be surprised to see them return as DLC, the fact sheet released during announcement mention hypercars track day pack, racing hatch track day pack and GT track day pack. Those could be the hypercars, GT road cars and hot hatchbacks from Grid Autosport returning as DLC, considering the whole "Street" category is missing this time.
Track day pack does make it sound like road cars you can use on a track. Nothing wrong with that, it's just not for me. (Edit - I mean nothing wrong with road cars, not charging people for recycled content).

As for the RR3 car list they have some nice cars but it's a phone game, the quality just isn't there to compare it to something like GTS.

So Grid gets 2 DPI Race Cars and Gran Turismo gets every ricer's wet dream and a 50 year old convertible. I like that. I like how other racing games get a badass LMP or GT3 car or the newest of those classes and GTS is stuck with more Japanese road cars. Yaaaaaaay.
For God's sake, throw in GTLM, LMP900, a 2017 Ford GT, or a McLaren or something. I'd like to see something that isn't a classic Japanese road car, something PD goes crazy for.

That's pretty much my situation with GTS rn, PD is WAY too damn obsessed with Old road cars Japanese or not

That's pretty much my situation with GTS rn, PD is WAY too damn obsessed with Old road cars Japanese or not
What’s wrong with that? If you want the latest GT3 and LMP Cars PCARS2 has plenty of those as does ACC if you’re on PC.

GT has always been more about overlooked Japanese cars than the latest and greatest GT Racers. There isn’t a single GT game I can think of that had most of the most popular GT race cars at the time of release and GTS is no different.

The great thing about the wide range of track racers available on console is the wide variety of unique cars each game provides.

Personally I’d rather get unique road cars like the 930 Turbo, EK Type R and S800 over a 488 GT3 or Ligier JS that I can just drive in PCARS2 anyway.

You know, this is what makes me question yet again the decision making of T10. Why are these DPi cars coming to GRID, but not Forza, you know the game with a partnership with IMSA? I'm not knocking GRID, good for them. Seriously, it actually gives me a very good reason to keep an eye on GRID even more than ever. I would actually prefer the DPi class in a sim like AC, PC2, rFactor etc.

The only thing I am really skeptical of in this game might be the physics. If I remember correctly, previous GRID entries were more arcade that sim. That's not necessarily a bad thing, but for me, it at least needs to at least have a better balance between the two genres this time around. I'm not expecting it to be hardcore or anything like that.

You know, this is what makes me question yet again the decision making of T10. Why are these DPi cars coming to GRID, but not Forza, you know the game with a partnership with IMSA? I'm not knocking GRID, good for them. Seriously, it actually gives me a very good reason to keep an eye on GRID even more than ever. I would actually prefer the DPi class in a sim like AC, PC2, rFactor etc.

The only thing I am really skeptical of in this game might be the physics. If I remember correctly, previous GRID entries were more arcade that sim. That's not necessarily a bad thing, but for me, it at least needs to at least have a better balance between the two genres this time around. I'm not expecting it to be hardcore or anything like that.

Forza wasted all its resources on Lego instead of bringing in DPi's

You know, this is what makes me question yet again the decision making of T10. Why are these DPi cars coming to GRID, but not Forza, you know the game with a partnership with IMSA?

Considering how terrible FM7 was at launchand how much time it took to get it into a somewhat decent shape, I wouldn't be surprised if they decided to leave it for FM8, but that's speculation on my part. Plus, was it ever revealed what kind of partnership it was?

Forza wasted all its resources on Lego instead of bringing in DPi's

Once again, Playground does not equal Turn 10, but no surprise you're harping on this as if T10 is insidiously trying to turn FM into Horizon or whatever.

It should also be noted that just because a developer has a deal with a series, it doesn't necessarilly mean they have a license to use the cars/tracks that they race in it (and vise versa).

It should also be noted that just because a developer has a deal with a series, it doesn't necessarilly mean they have a license to use the cars/tracks that they race in it (and vise versa).

Subsequently, did find this nugget:

I don't remember there ever being an announcement for an IMSA expansion. There was a partnership, and that can conceivably cover historic content — of which FM7 features plenty, possibly more than any other title.

Basically a waste of money in my opinion.

PD has been close with SuperGT and many other racing series look how that benefitted them apart from Pikes Peak which they have been sitting on.

Basically a waste of money in my opinion.

PD has been close with SuperGT and many other racing series look how that benefitted them apart from Pikes Peak which they have been sitting on.

That's hard to say since we dont know how much, if any, money changed hands. The official announcement doesn't give any hints about new content either and even mentions the partnership is more about highlighting stuff already in the game.

This is true. T10 didn't get to add all the VASC locations.

Back