First 12 GRID Cars Confirmed: More Coming Over Summer

Discussion in 'GRID Series' started by GTPNewsWire, Jun 21, 2019.

1. GTPNewsWire

GTPNewsWire Contributing Writer

adam thompson and rhalgr like this.
  2. JCH8r

JCH8r

Hope we're in the right section now. With the name I was hoping for the Formula/Open Wheel career mode that was so good in previous iterations. I'll just count on open wheel career mode being excellent.

Cars without fenders and wings are still cars!

3. anthonyfa18

anthonyfa18

where are the honda/ acura nsx gt3 and civic type r tcr

4. rhalgr

rhalgr

The audi is a welcome suprise and the gt list doesn't look to bad. Still hope to see aston martin :)

5. Northstar

Northstar Premium

I'm still skeptical on this game due to the track list, but if they keep adding touring cars I may have to give it a shot and hope they add most of the tracks from Autosport.

6. BeardedWolf

BeardedWolf

This is only the first 12 cars. There are more cars to be announced. Those might get announced later. Have patients, young grasshopper.

anthonyfa18 likes this.
  7. Mr Fahrenheit

Mr Fahrenheit

12 out of 70 cars to come, and they all look pretty promising.

As an aside, it's still a bit weird that Codies manages to get 488 GTE before T10 and Polyphony.

8. 05XR8

05XR8

Small list. All I can see are the:

• Audi RS 3 LMS – Touring
    • Ford Focus TC-2 – Touring
    • Volkswagen Golf GTI TCR – Touring
    :D

Andyc709292 likes this.
  9. Andyc709292

Andyc709292

Totally agree. I've been following Aus TCR's early days and it looks amazing, to see the Golf TCR etc on here is a great thing, but my trepidation is strong thanks to watching overly hyped game reveal videos. I could live with Grid Autosport handling (just) but any more 'cade' than 'sim' and it'll be a firm no from me that's for sure. Lessons learnt though - no pre-order.

10. T0MMY3688

T0MMY3688

Good to see Audi RS3 TCR in the list, I do hope to see more TCR in it or just have the older bunch return is fine too. Hope to see more GTE cars in the GT class as well, just having the 3 will be disappointing.

11. LeGeNd-1

LeGeNd-1 Premium

Lots of repeated cars from previous games, and seeing those asterisks for Ultimate Edition only is just infuriating.

BTW, whoever puts up these GTP News threads need to put more effort into forum integration. This could just be merged to the main thread. Unless Jordan wants to rename the Grid Autosport subforum as GRID, then this and the main thread can go in there neatly.

Kunos also got the 488 GTE way back when it came out. I don't know why T10 doesn't have it, but PD is always 1-2 generations late with the latest cars since GT5 :p

Sander 001 likes this.
  12. 305Michael305

305Michael305

How sim
    Will this be. Is it supper real like grand turismo and project cars 2 or f1 2019

13. GTPNewsWire

GTPNewsWire Contributing Writer

14. RaceFuchs

RaceFuchs

I hope the DPi cars will show up in a proper sim one day...

fortbo, ykiki, The Chosen One and 3 others like this.
  15. Scuderia Paul

Scuderia Paul

Grid is getting 2 DPIs while we will get a 50 year old Honda shoe in GTS.

Lewmatic, SestoScudo, GTFan24 and 6 others like this.
  16. TheGeologist

TheGeologist

DPis, a Viper and a Type R touring car? Count me in!

2clicks likes this.
  17. Northstar

Northstar Premium

I really hope they have a good list of tracks they plan on adding so this great (so far) car list doesn't go to waste.

ykiki likes this.
  18. iFerrari

iFerrari

Most people are happy with the 50 year old useless shoe (not me), so you get why PD does that.

Scuderia Paul likes this.
  19. FT-1

FT-1 Premium

Codemasters have confirmed they will be adding new tracks at no additional cost for all users. As for which tracks they will add, Codies already have an extensive library of environments from the F1 games and previous instalments of GRID, so I would look there for ideas.

Source

matzel likes this.
  20. Dobermann92

Dobermann92

Nice, I hope they add the cars from their previous games for free this time *cough* DR2.0 *cough*...

21. GTFan24

GTFan24

Im utterly depressed now thinking of that ;-;

Scuderia Paul likes this.
  22. FT-1

FT-1 Premium

According to this interview, you should be able to access any car for free. Those without the Season Pass/Ultimate Edition will be restricted to renting DLC cars (rewards are compromised and you cannot change the livery)

matzel likes this.
  23. Silver Arrows

Silver Arrows Premium

Considering it's a Codemasters game, it'll all be going to waste with their **** handling model anyway.

Wolfe likes this.
  24. SestoScudo

SestoScudo

Funny thing is a mobile game called Real Racing 3 has the 3 Dpi racecars too.

SCRacing2017 and Scuderia Paul like this.
  25. GTFan24

GTFan24

God that makes the GTS situation even more embarassing

SestoScudo and SCRacing2017 like this.
  26. Scuderia Paul

Scuderia Paul

Real Racing 3 has a hell of a lot of cars that I would like in GTS.

GTFan24 likes this.
  27. GTFan24

GTFan24

We'll get them if PD ever gets over their old road car obsession

tbwhhs and SCRacing2017 like this.
  28. MIE1992

MIE1992

I'd imagine there's many factors that can go into when a car appears in a racing game series. For most cars, I wouldn't necessarily imagine it to be a race to see when which series will feature a given car first, unless there's a special promotion alongside it. (See: Gran Turismo and the BMW M4, the Corvette C7, and most recently, the GR Supra.)

Otherwise, I'm a bit curious about something. I read that there's six different disciplines in the career mode, but some of these cars don't seem like they'll fit into them, such as the DPi cars and the open-wheel cars. Maybe they'll still be in specific classes (e.g. a Renault F1 car is listed as an open-wheeler, which isn't one of the career mode disciplines) but more reserved for either specific events in the career mode, whereas the rest of a given discipline will focus on its main sort of car. So maybe the DPi cars will show up later-on in a few events within the "GT" discipline.

29. FT-1

FT-1 Premium

GRID will have 7 car classes and every vehicle announced so far fits into at least one of them. The Open Wheel will be represented by Formula J, which I imagine is the fictional Open Wheel Series in GRID. DPi vehicles will be playable in the Prototype series. As a reminder, here are all the classes available at launch, some of which have sub-categories.

Touring Cars (TC-1, Super Tourers, TC-2, Classic Touring)
    Stock Cars (Muscle, Pro Trucks, Oval Stocks)
    Tuner Cars (Modified, Super Modified, World Time Attack)
    GT Cars (Classic GT, GT Group 1, GT Group 2, Historic)
    Formula J
    Prototype
    Group 7 Specials

MIE1992 likes this.
  30. MIE1992

MIE1992

Ah, I see. Now that I recall, two of the six groups seemed to be a bit special - one referred to Alonso, and another seemed like a special league that combines everything. What's with the Group 7 specials? Are they simply real-world Group 7 cars like the Porsche 917? Or did it refer to something else?